Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Welcome to the Ecig Canada electronic cigarette e-cig e-liquid ejuice vaping.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Premium Ejuice Samples

User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Advanced Mentor Wolffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    889
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pisces mini mod. Yea or nay?

    I just watched a video about the Pisces Mini and pretty much fell in love with this little (emphasis ON little) mod.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjRGumDEnTw

    It's about compact performance for me. I know it takes a 14500 battery and has a 510 connection and that's about it.

    Does anyone have some real life experience with the Pisces Mini? I searched and 302 pages of show and tell came up so I'm cheating and asking here. If anyone can suggest a really compact (Pyrex preferred) mini tank of some sort with 510 threading I'd also like to know about that as well.

    Many younger eyes are better than two tired old eyes when looking for stuff. Especially when it's tiny.

  2. #2
    Coach
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I've never owned the Pisces mini, I did seriously consider it. I think it's an awesome looking mod but what turned me away was two things. One, I read a review somewhere which suggested that even though the tube is vented, the battery is such a tight fit that it's doubtful anything would escape from the vent hole in the event that the battery vents. I don't have confirmation on this but it made some sense to me. The second thing was the fact that the top cap doesn't have proper air channels cut in so if you want to flush mount anything that gets air from the 510 connection, you're out of luck. Based on these two things, I ended up going with the Precise Simplicity 14500 and it's been fantastic. Having said all this, hopefully someone that actually owns the Pisces will chime in.

  3. Thanks Wolffy thanked for this post
  4. #3
    batman raznad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the picses-mini and adore it. my favourite clearo for it is the mini nova aspire et-s. sometimes I use a 17mm arrow or cyclone, but generally I have the aspire on it. it's tiny, stealthy and has a button that works flawlessly 100% of the time. I've had it since November, it remains my number 2 mod, only behind the turtleship because it's 18650.
    as far as the venting is concerned, the battery doesn't seem that tight to me. if memory serves, AJ from vape escape uses them regularly, he would be another to ask.
    Last edited by raznad; 01-29-2014 at 07:51 PM.

  5. Thanks Wolffy thanked for this post
    Likes Wolffy liked this post
  6. #4
    Advanced Mentor Wolffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    889
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raznad View Post
    I have the picses-mini and adore it. my favourite clearo for it is the mini nova aspire et-s. sometimes I use a 17mm arrow or cyclone, but generally I have the aspire on it. it's tiny, stealthy and has a button that works flawlessly 100% of the time. I've had it since November, it remains my number 2 mod, only behind the turtleship because it's 18650.
    as far as the venting is concerned, the battery doesn't seem that tight to me. if memory serves, AJ from vape escape uses them regularly, he would be another to ask.
    Thanks for the in depth input, I really appreciate your take on the mini.

    Soooo, how is vaping NyQuill working for you?

  7. Likes raznad liked this post
  8. #5
    Advanced Mentor Notfitforpublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! Totally didn't notice that! But now that you mention it... Kinda explains a lot


    No good will come of this
    No good will come of this...

  9. Likes raznad liked this post
  10. #6
    batman raznad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmm nyquil. i wish i could vape it, would keep me from lowering my nic in the evenings. lol. i left it in the picture for a size reference, but to be fair, it lives there.

    have you seen this version of the pisces-m? https://www.bigbuddhavapors.com/manu...rs/j2p-customs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolffy View Post
    Thanks for the in depth input, I really appreciate your take on the mini.

    Soooo, how is vaping NyQuill working for you?

  11. #7
    Advanced Mentor Wolffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    889
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raznad View Post
    mmmm nyquil. i wish i could vape it, would keep me from lowering my nic in the evenings. lol. i left it in the picture for a size reference, but to be fair, it lives there.

    have you seen this version of the pisces-m? https://www.bigbuddhavapors.com/manu...rs/j2p-customs
    Thanks for being a good sport about my comment.

    While quite a pretty unit, I refuse to fall into the 'limited edition' trap. It's like those limited edition coins being sold for 10 or 15 times their precious metal content. If it's that important for someone to have 'one of the exclusive fifty' all the power to them, I'd prefer my wallet not get raped. As far as that goes I'll feel a bit 'violated' for contemplating dropping $165 on some stainless steel threaded tube, a couple of brass end caps with insulated electrical conductors and a switch. That's all the picses mini really is after all.

    I may have to rethink this and make a fully functional, plain jane, clone.

    A thought just popped into my head, I'd be LMAO if two units with the same serial number showed up for resale on Ebay.

  12. #8
    batman raznad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolffy View Post
    Thanks for being a good sport about my comment.

    While quite a pretty unit, I refuse to fall into the 'limited edition' trap. It's like those limited edition coins being sold for 10 or 15 times their precious metal content. If it's that important for someone to have 'one of the exclusive fifty' all the power to them, I'd prefer my wallet not get raped. As far as that goes I'll feel a bit 'violated' for contemplating dropping $165 on some stainless steel threaded tube, a couple of brass end caps with insulated electrical conductors and a switch. That's all the picses mini really is after all.

    I may have to rethink this and make a fully functional, plain jane, clone.

    A thought just popped into my head, I'd be LMAO if two units with the same serial number showed up for resale on Ebay.
    I can't even think of a way I could find something offensive in your comment.

    I get the $$ for a steel tube thing, I really do. This is why I don't have the koi. He put a lot of love into the mini though, and for me, it was worth every penny. As far as serial numbers are concerned, I have 2 on mine. Initially I thought, wow 9960, that's a huge run for something machined so well. I later turned it over and discovered it was also 0966. It's kind of like having 2 mods. In one.

  13. #9
    Advanced Mentor Wolffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    889
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raznad View Post
    I can't even think of a way I could find something offensive in your comment.

    I get the $$ for a steel tube thing, I really do. This is why I don't have the koi. He put a lot of love into the mini though, and for me, it was worth every penny. As far as serial numbers are concerned, I have 2 on mine. Initially I thought, wow 9960, that's a huge run for something machined so well. I later turned it over and discovered it was also 0966. It's kind of like having 2 mods. In one.
    Damn! Now you have me wanting serial no. 7734 with the #4 open at the top. That would be popular when the uninvited religion vendors appear on my door step on the week ends.

  14. #10
    batman raznad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolffy View Post
    Damn! Now you have me wanting serial no. 7734 with the #4 open at the top. That would be popular when the uninvited religion vendors appear on my door step on the week ends.
    we used to have that problem, but then i disconnected the doorbell and yell obscenities from the couch at the top of my lungs when they knock.

    If that seemed agressive or offensive, I apologize, I just can't allow the flood of people showing up unannounced. we don't have kids for the express purpose of maintaining our pants free household rule.
    Last edited by raznad; 01-30-2014 at 06:31 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Our Partners

Philippines Pinoy Ecigarette Vapers

Wacked Vapes - Canada Ejuice