Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Welcome to the Canada electronic cigarette ecig e-cig e-liquid ejuice.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stinky Canuck

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Why don't Juice venders state how long their juice needs to steep... rant

I bought some juice, and when I vaped it, the flavor tasted bad...
    like liver or something... It was suppose to be RY4. At the time I didn't know about steeping... was my first week into vaping.
    now its been sitting for a month it tastes a lot better... but still not great....

I just got some juice from 'Stucco jedi' and I specifically asked him when the juice would be good for vaping... and when the juice would be great for vaping.
    some needed steeping for a week, to be vapable, then 2 weeks afterwards to be good. I figured let it steep for another week or 2 to be great...
    other was steep minimum of 1 month. I have all my bottles labeled as to how long they should steep for...

what I still don't know is why venders don't specify that on their site. they usually mix them, they should know how long it needs to steep to be good... and how long it needs to steep to be great.
    you would figure venders would want their customers to enjoy the juice when its at it's best. and for a newbie like myself.... I don't know.
    especially since each flavor ordered can potentially be different.

I don't think it would be that hard for venders to do this.

</rant>

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Why don't Juice venders state how long their juice needs to steep... rant

That's what the born on date is for. Rule of thumb two weeks for good four for great. 6 months for fine wine status.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are just my "general minimum steep" times: I usually go with 1 week for fruits/candy/clear though they can usually be vaped right away, 2-3 for chocolate/coffee/dessert, and 4+ for tobaccos.
    Last edited by The Stash; 09-17-2013 at 07:11 AM.
    -Canadas Finest Hand Shaped Acrylic Drip tips-

4. Likes randomname, smithpack0, Nubbie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because everyone’s different man! Some juices taste worse to me the longer they steep.

MODS: 2X Bear Brass Mods TI 18650`s, Bear Brass Mods stainless 18500, Paps Stainless V2.5, Nemesis stainless, Poldiac stainless, bagau Ti 18500, B&J MOD, Diablo Hybrid, GUS Mod, DZ Nutz DNA30, Silver MODS DNA30. Attys: RSM Rocket, GOC H-Atty, JM22, Doc Dave Stem Turbine, Doc Dave Bliss, Doc Dave Mini-B, 2X Origen`s, Vela hybrid Dripper. Liquid: DSV, Mac Vape and Kubrick! Always more in the mail!

6. Likes randomname, smithpack0, vangrl, Jacq, Nubbie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHacker View Post
    I bought some juice, and when I vaped it, the flavor tasted bad...
    like liver or something... It was suppose to be RY4. At the time I didn't know about steeping... was my first week into vaping.
    now its been sitting for a month it tastes a lot better... but still not great....

I just got some juice from 'Stucco jedi' and I specifically asked him when the juice would be good for vaping... and when the juice would be great for vaping.
    some needed steeping for a week, to be vapable, then 2 weeks afterwards to be good. I figured let it steep for another week or 2 to be great...
    other was steep minimum of 1 month. I have all my bottles labeled as to how long they should steep for...

what I still don't know is why venders don't specify that on their site. they usually mix them, they should know how long it needs to steep to be good... and how long it needs to steep to be great.
    you would figure venders would want their customers to enjoy the juice when its at it's best. and for a newbie like myself.... I don't know.
    especially since each flavor ordered can potentially be different.

I don't think it would be that hard for venders to do this.

</rant>
    Good point! But it is not as simple as saying Jack Robinson. There are a lot of variables in play here.

Taste is extremely subjective. What might be good for you may not be for someone else.

Another factor is the state of your taste buds, do you have a new set or are you still using your old burnt ones? What may please you today may surprise you 6m from now.

Some like is fresh, the fresher the better. IIMO that those folks usually brew there own and have yet to tailor their recipe for a "steeped" liquid, which normally entails a reduction in flavouring.

Rule of thumb - although they are good in 2 weeks 4-6 weeks is the norm for most liquids.

8. Likes MacVape, The Stash liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    Good point! But it is not as simple as saying Jack Robinson. There are a lot of variables in play here.

Taste is extremely subjective. What might be good for you may not be for someone else.

Another factor is the state of your taste buds, do you have a new set or are you still using your old burnt ones? What may please you today may surprise you 6m from now.

Some like is fresh, the fresher the better. IIMO that those folks usually brew there own and have yet to tailor their recipe for a "steeped" liquid, which normally entails a reduction in flavouring.

Rule of thumb - although they are good in 2 weeks 4-6 weeks is the norm for most liquids.
    First switcher post that I can actually agree with. :P
    Blaze one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    That's what the born on date is for. Rule of thumb two weeks for good four for great. 6 months for fine wine status.
    I ordered 6 x 30ml of Dr. Funkworth's Olde-Timey Pearisian Elixer
    after a month i'll starte vaping a bottle per month and see how the flavor changes/improves...
    by the last bottle it should be 7 months steeped

Quote Originally Posted by The Stash View Post
    These are just my "general minimum steep" times: I usually go with 1 week for fruits/candy/clear though they can usually be vaped right away, 2-3 for chocolate/coffee/dessert, and 4+ for tobaccos.
    Thanks. I'll keep that as a guide line.

as for everybody else's feed back... thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourtwozero View Post
    First switcher post that I can actually agree with. :P
    That's called stirring the pot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conclusion:
    For everyone "Taste" differ to each other as one month steep period taste result may differ for any of two vapes.
    Mod (E Cig) play a viatal role to produce taste.

Question still exist that vendors should needed to do something or nothing

www.e5cigs.com Very low priced china online E cigs shop.