Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Welcome to the Ecig Canada electronic cigarette e-cig e-liquid ejuice vaping.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

KickAsh Vapes

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sub ohm vaping - Know your batteries

Saw this posted on FB Today so figured I would share.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1001917_1399442126940072_1089023379_n.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	2430

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0211001&type=1

This is the result of someone using a stock battery in a sub ohm build. As I said in past posts that we need the stores and new vapers that is getting into sub ohm building is to PLEASE educate yourself on sub ohm coils, what batteries to use and airflow. I'm so glad this person didn't get seriously injured when the battery went into catastrophic mode. Sub ohms will stress the battery if ur using the wrong ones. I recommend vapers and stores have an ohm reader or even a multimeter to figure out what ohms are ur builds.. Then go on the web and use a ohms calculator to figure out what watts and amp it will need from ur batteries.. Do research on the different type battery brands out there. Please invest in good batteries like the MNKE or AW IMR. Batteries with protections i do not reccomend because there is no guarantee because if the protection fails, most of them batteries has only a 5amp discharge rate. If there is no marking or brand name on the battery, I wouldn't recommend using it for a sub ohm builds and if that's the only style batteries u have, just make a 5/6 wrap of 32awg kanthal just to be safe or use it for ur variable voltage/watt devices only. This is what exactly what the government and tv media is looking for to say ecigs are unsafe..If we don't educate ourselves on this knowledge this all will be gone.. Please Vape safe everyone! Aloha!

Spent on Vaping - $3759.62

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a lot of information on safety at www.batteryuniversity.com

Everything tastes better from a bunny head!

'cause we ain't smoking! ItsJustVapor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sub ohm vaping - Know your batteries

This is the reason I've switched my batteries to MNKEs. 20 amp draw, 60 amp peak.

sent from the nether, with a diamond enchanted pick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even AW's would be good though. Not the ones that come in the 'starter' kits.
    I can't wait till my new Sony 30A batts arrive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems to have been the perfect storm. I hope that tear wasn't already on the battery when the person was using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devil's advocate! You don't have to follow the idiots!! <---- generate discussion
    "Never argue with an idiot. He'll only bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience" - George Carlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    Devil's advocate! You don't have to follow the idiots!! <---- generate discussion
    Don't have to follow no, but many people see other blowing huge clouds and try to emulate the same things without doing the research that is needed beforehand. Many others try to save a buck any way they can which can lead to some very unsafe conditions as they may/probably will have batteries that will not keep up to what they want to attempt.
    When I first started vaping I found a great deal on a Vamo kit with batteries and a charger for way below the cost of what they were in Canada, about the same as the deals you can get on fasttech now. Luckily I had done a lot of reading while I waited for the slow shipping from China and when it arrived I realized that the batteries that came with it were unprotected ICR batteries and aside from that I could not tell what they are rated for draw wise. I never used these batteries and waited an extra week for some AW's to arrive as they are a safer chemistry and I could find information on safe discharge rates for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fail to see how calling an entire group of vapers idiots furthers the discussion...
    Last edited by The Stash; 08-03-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    -Canadas Finest Hand Shaped Acrylic Drip tips-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is absolutely no REASON to vape at 20W. I am sorry!! With the advent of VW there is absolutely no reason to be vaping sub Ohm coils. Blowing clouds of vaper yeah! I have successfully achieved the Basilray dble exhale, yeah!

That all being said, if you are not getting satisfaction (nicotine being the culprit (and mind set)) stop chasing rainbows. Sub Ohm coils are reserved for season vapers and yet we have neophytes trying to emulate what they see. Sorry, idiots! When nubies require to take the time to educate folks on battery safety, don't you think it is high time for folks to revisit their entire position?
    "Never argue with an idiot. He'll only bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience" - George Carlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SykoJoe View Post
    Don't have to follow no, but many people see other blowing huge clouds and try to emulate the same things without doing the research that is needed beforehand. Many others try to save a buck any way they can which can lead to some very unsafe conditions as they may/probably will have batteries that will not keep up to what they want to attempt.
    When I first started vaping I found a great deal on a Vamo kit with batteries and a charger for way below the cost of what they were in Canada, about the same as the deals you can get on fasttech now. Luckily I had done a lot of reading while I waited for the slow shipping from China and when it arrived I realized that the batteries that came with it were unprotected ICR batteries and aside from that I could not tell what they are rated for draw wise. I never used these batteries and waited an extra week for some AW's to arrive as they are a safer chemistry and I could find information on safe discharge rates for.
    There is nothing wrong with your reasoning nor your explanation. However, in neophyte hands, they have no clue what they are doing (idiots) strong word perhaps, but a true warning word nonetheless. There has been tons of threads posted not to use RBAs on electronic devices as they would trip the protection circuit! HELLO? Now you want to vape it unprotected?? I believe Stash, idiots come to mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast