Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Welcome to the Canada electronic cigarette ecig e-cig e-liquid ejuice.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

E Stick

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evods from Fasttech

Quote Originally Posted by Jacq View Post
    Just a heads up, the protank clone is plastic. It was listed as pyrex until just yesterday, iirc.

(despite what vaporjoe says. The liar.)
    Thanks, I saw that they changed the listing after I ordered. Not a big deal asvI don't really use any of the juices that would destroy the plastic tanks. Still worth a look to me for the larger capacity as compared to the evods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinam View Post
    That's interesting. I bought a couple as well and they've been fine - but only with the original coil. I bought some replacement coils from FT to go with them and so far they seem to be crap. The first shorted out immediately and the second one is leaking. I haven't tried any more!

Now the replacement ones seem to be shorter than the original. How long should Evod coils be?
    I made a discovery since one of my wifes evod leaked all inside her work vest. They come in long and short stems and they don't intermix with each other. I got both styles in the same order and the same color evods.
    Put a short stem into a long stem evod and look inside at that dime sized crack ontop the silicone cap...thats why they leak. Go the other way and put a long into a short stem evod and the last couple turns are hard and tight to do, your squishing the cap onto the wick and inviting yourself to enjoy some dry hits. So I assume your leaking probably got the short stem head in a long stemed evod.

These numbers reflect both my wife and I who both quit on the same day.
    March 25, 2013 was our last analog cigarette.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter View Post
    I made a discovery since one of my wifes evod leaked all inside her work vest. They come in long and short stems and they don't intermix with each other. I got both styles in the same order and the same color evods.
    Put a short stem into a long stem evod and look inside at that dime sized crack ontop the silicone cap...thats why they leak. Go the other way and put a long into a short stem evod and the last couple turns are hard and tight to do, your squishing the cap onto the wick and inviting yourself to enjoy some dry hits. So I assume your leaking probably got the short stem head in a long stemed evod.

ahhhhhhhhhhh that makes sense! Now to find some long stemmed heads! (boy does that sound dumb!)

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my fast tech order the other day and got 6 evods, all were short and all work well.
    Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

Alberta Vapers https://www.facebook.com/groups/551645301569428/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    Got my fast tech order the other day and got 6 evods, all were short and all work well.
    Yeah mine all had short heads as well, and all of mine are still working well. I guess I got lucky. I have some real evods too, and as far as I can tell, they all work the same to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm finding my fasttech evods don't wick(?) as well as my legit ones, I get a nasty taste unless I do a primer puff every other time.. I have some real (not FT) heads coming though so hopefully that will fix the weird taste.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone I have talked to about any of the fastech heads,coils or attys have always recommended a vodka bath for a day, it's due to the manufacturing process, it takes lubricant on the cutting tips for tool life, and I mean cheap, cheap vodka

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evods from Fasttech

Jeez I just ordered 5kits from fastech. I didn't know the evods were knockoffs. It'll be fine I'll rebuild them with Ekowool. At around 1.6 ohms. My builds vape even better than kanger!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacq View Post
    I'm finding my fasttech evods don't wick(?) as well as my legit ones, I get a nasty taste unless I do a primer puff every other time.. I have some real (not FT) heads coming though so hopefully that will fix the weird taste.
    Have you removed any of the floater wicks from the head? (Assuming these knockoffs have them that is) I find that even on the real Kangers I have to remove both floaters before my juice wicks well. (It does get a little bit gurgly sometimes but I prefer that to risking dry hits.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
    Have you removed any of the floater wicks from the head? (Assuming these knockoffs have them that is) I find that even on the real Kangers I have to remove both floaters before my juice wicks well. (It does get a little bit gurgly sometimes but I prefer that to risking dry hits.)
    I tried this tonight (the FT ones have only one floater wick, for the curious).
    It helps a bit, I think. I'll have to give it a few days to break in, though. (I never like "brand new" heads). It's hard to know if I'm getting real weird tastes or psychosomatic ones.

I run everything I buy from Fasttech (and from everywhere, actually) through the ultrasonic cleaner on a 4 minute cycle before using it because I don't want cooties.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast