Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Welcome to the Canada electronic cigarette ecig e-cig e-liquid ejuice.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Maple Leaf Vapes

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micro coils?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micro coils?

Building my first genesis wick and coil tonight. I see a ton of people raving about micro coil builds on /r/rba but they're usually on drip attys. Anyone on wacked tried a micro coil on a genesis? I've got a mech and an AGA-S. Anything I should look out for besides hot legs/spots, shorts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but.. Uhh.. What's a "micro coil" vs a regular coil?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    micro coil is where you wrap the shit out of the thing, like a ten wrap of 28 gauge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	193578d1364619299-fecund-micro-coil-spawns-whole-family-imag1080-1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	1898

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like way to much work! LOL
    Maybe on a machine screw it would be a little easier.

MODS: 2X Bear Brass Mods TI 18650`s, Bear Brass Mods stainless 18500, Paps Stainless V2.5, Nemesis stainless, Poldiac stainless, bagau Ti 18500, B&J MOD, Diablo Hybrid, GUS Mod, DZ Nutz DNA30, Silver MODS DNA30. Attys: RSM Rocket, GOC H-Atty, JM22, Doc Dave Stem Turbine, Doc Dave Bliss, Doc Dave Mini-B, 2X Origen`s, Vela hybrid Dripper. Liquid: DSV, Mac Vape and Kubrick! Always more in the mail!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I get the theory - more surface area, etc. Ribbon wire does the same thing, and I didn't see any positive difference using that. This just seems like a monumental waste of time and kanthal to me. But then I haven't tried it either. I don't think I'm probably going to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got an 8 wrap of 0.28ga (1.3ohms) on the RSST. It does seem to work better -- it's a little more consistent and produces good vapor. I'm still not sure I like the vape experience of the Genesis though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you wrap a micro coil do all the wraps touch? I watched a Grimm Green vid and I think he said they all touched. Seems strange to me. You'd think it would short on it's neighbour coil or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortt Wulfe View Post
    When you wrap a micro coil do all the wraps touch? I watched a Grimm Green vid and I think he said they all touched. Seems strange to me. You'd think it would short on it's neighbour coil or something.
    I have no idea about these micro coils, but a good bit of advice is to not put to much stock into anything grimmgreen does with RBAs.

Enthusiast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotJables View Post
    I have no idea about these micro coils, but a good bit of advice is to not put to much stock into anything grimmgreen does with RBAs.
    Try it before you knock it IMO. I just built a 10 wrap 28g on my Igo L, and honestly, it's the happiest I've ever been since I purchased my original igo months and months ago. It really works great, and it lets you get that 28g kanthal upto ~1.5ish so you can use it on a regulated device. I thought it would short out also, but alas it works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started with normal coils last week due to some of the hesitation of some in this thread... they seemed okay.

I just did a 9 wrap 28ga microcoil which worked out to 1.5ohms on my aga-s and it seems to work WAY better. More surface area, better vapour production. Coils glow perfectly with no shorts on the first try. Seriously impressed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unknown.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	1968

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast