Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Welcome to the Ecig Canada electronic cigarette e-cig e-liquid ejuice vaping.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

kahuna Ejuice

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which "Taste-o-Meter" makes more sense?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option #1

14 66.67%
  • Option #2

5 23.81%
  • Either one is fine

2 9.52%
  • They both suck

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E-Liquid Descriptor Scales

In the "Features a online vendor SHOULD have" thread, there was some talk of poor E-liquid descriptions. This seems to be a common complaint among customers. Then someone (kingpin) suggested basic descriptor "scales" of some sort where things like sweet/sour/strong/mild were covered in a generic way.

Well, I can't describe anything when it comes to flavour but I can certainly tell the difference between sweet/sour and strong/mild. So, for our site I've got a couple of thoughts and layouts of what this might look like and am looking for some input from you guys. My wife and I are in total disagreement on which one makes more sense so what do you guys thing?

Option #1 (My Preference) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Option 1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	948

Option #2 (Her Preference) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Option 2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	949

Consider that both of the above represent the same evaluation results of the same E-Liquid flavour.

Your input and (anonymous) selection of the preferred option is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by CehNehDeh; 03-15-2013 at 10:42 PM.

My 2014 Motto "Proper Education and Exposure in an Appropriate Setting."
    Public opinion MATTERS and if they don't know what they're seeing, they WILL judge you on perception using emotion (visualize a smoker, and the smell -- Pretty bad, eh?). CHANGE that perception with facts, but using persuasion over aggression and defiance. Educate yourself AND the public!

You are no longer a "Second Class Citizen" and you HAVE a VOICE! Use it wisely... True story...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the first one myself.
    Like yo uhave written taste is diferent for everyone.
    It's nice to have some idea though of what the strength or weakness is in an ejuice.
    Provari, Diablo, 20mm, Rhino, GG, GGTS, Foggati, Juggernaut, SS&Brass Templar, Hellraiser, Ikarus, 2-SS Nemesis, 2 Brass Nemesis, Magnetic Dragon, Atmos, GKFM, Mirandus, SS Pap 2.5, Paps Luxe, Cartel, TI Ba gua, Steampunk palm, My Point, Woody, Copperhead, BBM TI, BBM Lycan, BBM Brass, Anatolian Copper and Brass, Da Copper Mod, DZ Nutz DNA 6000mah, Oblivion Mod, 26650 brass, 30 amp 26700, coming...Super T-ELA, 4 Caravelas, Monarch, Microstick, Congestus, Mankos, Satburn Mini, Hellfire Hybrid ++

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    strength or weakness
    Yes... This one is probably the most important followed by sweet and sour (IMHO)...

Public opinion MATTERS and if they don't know what they're seeing, they WILL judge you on perception using emotion (visualize a smoker, and the smell -- Pretty bad, eh?). CHANGE that perception with facts, but using persuasion over aggression and defiance. Educate yourself AND the public!

You are no longer a "Second Class Citizen" and you HAVE a VOICE! Use it wisely... True story...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I prefer number 2. I guess I'm a "0-10" kinda guy, as it makes more sense to me as a "scale."
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vise View Post
    Personally, I prefer number 2. I guess I'm a "0-10" kinda guy, as it makes more sense to me as a "scale."
    That works for the strength of something, but not so much when you're talking about a sliding scale between two non-polar options, such as Sour<----->Sweet (as opposed to, say, None<------>Sour) or Real<------->Artificial, where the relationship between the two endpoints is common but not necessarily exclusive, and you need a neutral point to indicate whether it is neither.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I like number 1. It allows you to bridge the 0 neutral point. Good idea!
    Please donít feed the TrollísÖ

MODS: 2X Bear Brass Mods TI 18650`s, Bear Brass Mods stainless 18500, Paps Stainless V2.5, Nemesis stainless, Poldiac stainless, bagau Ti 18500, B&J MOD, Diablo Hybrid, GUS Mod, DZ Nutz DNA30, Silver MODS DNA30. Attys: RSM Rocket, GOC H-Atty, JM22, Doc Dave Stem Turbine, Doc Dave Bliss, Doc Dave Mini-B, 2X Origen`s, Vela hybrid Dripper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor option 4 with no votes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ok, so far option 2 is keeping it company so it doesn't get lonely

Everything tastes better from a bunny head!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    option 2 is how I would do it...Would be cool to incorporate customer reviews into the scale as well. Since everyone tastes and smells are different I think it may have a large impact on final scale results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
    where the relationship between the two endpoints is common but not necessarily exclusive
    With Option 1 (while I could do the same thing with Option 2 but with two bars) we could also indicate if something is "both", such as Sweet AND Sour with something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Option 1a.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	950

That above shows that it is Sour AND Sweet but also MORE Sour than Sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast