Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Welcome to the Ecig Canada electronic cigarette e-cig e-liquid ejuice vaping.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pacific Smoke

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible ingredient sensitivity?

I have a new flavour (caramel apple, 100% VG) that I think tastes really good, but I'm having a weird reaction to it.

It's 12mg (I'm usually around 15-18mg, trying to bump down), but it hits me like a freight train. After a few puffs, I get a buzz, almost like its too much nic (but without the spinny feeling I usually associate with too much chain vaping). Last night I had a bit of a headache, thought it was unrelated, but this morning I've got it again after maybe 6 puffs. It's really unpleasant, but the juice is soooo yummy. I've been vaping a tonne of flavours from all different vendors, and this is the first one I've had a reaction to.

Has anyone else had this experience with a single juice? Do you think it's more likely the apple flavour, or the caramel, or something else? Does this reaction sound like an ingredient sensitivity? Would steeping it help?

I think reluctantly I'll have to PIF it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any heaviness/tightness in your chest, difficulty breathing or history of breathing problems(asthma)?

Are other juices you have 100% vg as well?

Not a doctor but I had all the above symptoms vaping high VG juices. (other than the asthma of course)

After going to around a 80pg/20vg mix it's been much better.

EDIT. Because it is so yummy you may simply be overdoing it a bit.
    Maybe try putting the PV down occasionally and breathe some fresh air.lol.
    Been there and done that!
    Last edited by Htme2X; 02-27-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    I'd rather switch than fight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol thanks for the advice htme. I don't think I've been overdoing it. maybe 1mL of it today. But I've decided to put it down at least for a few days.

No chest/breathing issues from the juice, and no history of it (except for one particularly bad case of pleurisy/bronchitis about a year ago).

The weird thing is I usually vape 100% VG (most of mine are either that or 70/30 vgpg), the vendor's other flavours haven't bothered me, and I've even had other juices with apples or caramel flavours in and not had a problem. This is my first either this particular vendors caramales or apples, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. Expired VG/PG. Please do not PIF it. When a juice is suspect you get rid of your ants with it. Same experience years ago, bad PG, gaev a ringing in my ears/tonsils (or where my tonsils should be).
    "Never argue with an idiot. He'll only bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience" - George Carlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's expired, Switcher, since I got it very very recently. It's expiration isn't until august 2014, and I'm not having a problem with the others in the order.
    You make a really good point about not PIFing it, though. If there's a problem with the juice itself it's not fair to pass it on. But if it's a sensitivity of my own then I'd feel bad wasting it. :/

I think I will bring it to the Calgary Meet with full disclosure. The most experienced folks there may be better able to tell what's up with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will vape it as I'm up to try anything once .... ok maybe twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacq View Post
    I don't think it's expired, Switcher, since I got it very very recently. It's expiration isn't until august 2014, and I'm not having a problem with the others in the order.
    You make a really good point about not PIFing it, though. If there's a problem with the juice itself it's not fair to pass it on. But if it's a sensitivity of my own then I'd feel bad wasting it. :/

I think I will bring it to the Calgary Meet with full disclosure. The most experienced folks there may be better able to tell what's up with it.
    Just because the rest of the juices are fine, does the vendor mix to order etc...? My experience with expired PG in my case was DIY. I have since learned. I felt weird, really weird and it wasn't a nic buzz. Please be careful
    "Never argue with an idiot. He'll only bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience" - George Carlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were me, I'd just put it away for a while until I felt better. Then leave it for another week or so. Then pick it up again and see if I get a repeat. If yes, pif it or terf it. If no vape and be happy