PDA

View Full Version : Provari longivity

BX fan
10-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Just wondering if Provari users can comment on how they hold up over time. I have a couple of Zmax's, have had 3 Innokin vv3's, a Vamo and an SVD and there seems to be a recurring theme with these and most of the under $100 devices - they don't last. While it's nice trying different gear, i'd rather pay more for something that doesn't break.

Switcher
10-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Largely depends on the user.

That being said, you do get what you pay for, e.g sigelie and the vamo. Innokin SVD i have been running mine for 1 yr plus, and my provari form over a year, was bought second hand from one of my customers.

18Wheels
10-01-2014, 03:36 PM
I have a 3yr. old and a 2yr. old. They are all banged up and scratched, but they still work like the 1st day I bought them. The Tynergy charger I got with the 1st one is still being used daily. Also the 1st 5 AW batts. I got with the kit still work. Its also the only the only device that has after sale service although I have never need it. If you are not a cloud chaser its the only device you will ever need.:)

Maxn54
10-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Have now my provari V2 for now 26months and I'm still using it weekly in my rotation (mostly on the go because it's indestructible) and had my board changed at the 11 month mark due to non-stop E4 error at the time. SInce the board change no issue whatsoever with it. Very happy with it and anxious about the Provari 3 release coming up (even tho only 20w).

SunnyHours
10-08-2014, 11:51 AM
I just got my Provari Mini from the classified on ECF. It looks pretty beaten up...almost like it went to war. But it still functions perfectly just like when I received my regular V2 from Provape.
What's nice is it can double up as a weapon in case you are attacked, a high-tech brass knuckle if you will hehe It really is built like a tank!

My wife's pink provari is now 18 months old. She uses it every day at work, bounces around in her purse and I've heard it hit our hardwood floor a few times. That thing is indestructible. I may have a army of PV's but she has just 1 and won't use nothing else. IMO the 2 bills I paid for that provari was the best money spent cause "Happy Wife, Happy Life".

BX fan
10-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Hmmm. Think my letter to Santa's gonna be a short one this year....:typing:

Steam Engine
10-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Worth every dime!
I bought mine ( v2 in stainless color with 18650 Extention cap) used from a guy who wanted to upgrade to the v2.5 in a different color. He had that since it came out almost and I had it for 3-4 months now. I take it everywhere and it gets a beating! Neither of us has ever had any problems. Apart from the small dent in it from previous owner dropping it on concrete curb and the provari letters fading it is indestructible! And it hits just as hard from first hit off of a fresh battery till the last drop of power it has in it!
I got a fair amount of other vv and vw but they pretty much got shelved since my first day with this!

BX fan
10-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Worth every dime!
I bought mine ( v2 in stainless color with 18650 Extention cap) used from a guy who wanted to upgrade to the v2.5 in a different color. He had that since it came out almost and I had it for 3-4 months now. I take it everywhere and it gets a beating! Neither of us has ever had any problems. Apart from the small dent in it from previous owner dropping it on concrete curb and the provari letters fading it is indestructible! And it hits just as hard from first hit off of a fresh battery till the last drop of power it has in it!
I got a fair amount of other vv and vw but they pretty much got shelved since my first day with this!

That's what i want in a VV. I've had center pin issues, chip issues and fire button issues with my current gear and all are less than 8 months old, some as little as a month old.

wheelie
11-18-2014, 04:45 PM
I always got annoyed at all the Provari fan boys. I have 14 regulated mods. I bought a Vamo7 and 15 minutes owning it, it fell over on the coffee table and blew the chip in it. Annoyed and frustrated I went to classifieds and bought a Provari. Two weeks into it, and to be honest I will buy some more when opportunity arises. For an everyday vape I don't think anything is better. It has a good weight to it and it just feels like quality. Breaks you can send it in and have it repaired at a reasonable price. That I like. Second best for me is a SVD till the threads wore off and won't hold toppers anymore. But I have dropped it on cement about 15 times and slammed it in my tailgate of my truck once and the many other abuses it took. I will likely buy another SVD also. I am a tube kinda guy even though I have 3 or 4 box mods.

Adding this and maybe some can tell me who was selling Provari's at Vapecan 2014. I wanted to buy a Provari so on Sunday I went back to their booth and was talking to the one guy and he told me the price and I asked if their was tax on that. Very rudely and in a snarly voice he said "of coarse their is tax on that" . So I just walked away and though what a jerk. Some tables were charging tax and some were not at Vapecan. I would have paid the tax as that's why I was asking. That turned me off Provari's . Ordered my extension cap from BC because I they are far enough away that I know it was not them.

BX fan
11-18-2014, 05:09 PM
I always got annoyed at all the Provari fan boys. I have 14 regulated mods. I bought a Vamo7 and 15 minutes owning it, it fell over on the coffee table and blew the chip in it. Annoyed and frustrated I went to classifieds and bought a Provari. Two weeks into it, and to be honest I will buy some more when opportunity arises. For an everyday vape I don't think anything is better. It has a good weight to it and it just feels like quality. Breaks you can send it in and have it repaired at a reasonable price. That I like. Second best for me is a SVD till the threads wore off and won't hold toppers anymore. But I have dropped it on cement about 15 times and slammed it in my tailgate of my truck once and the many other abuses it took. I will likely buy another SVD also. I am a tube kinda guy even though I have 3 or 4 box mods.

Adding this and maybe some can tell me who was selling Provari's at Vapecan 2014. I wanted to buy a Provari so on Sunday I went back to their booth and was talking to the one guy and he told me the price and I asked if their was tax on that. Very rudely and in a snarly voice he said "of coarse their is tax on that" . So I just walked away and though what a jerk. Some tables were charging tax and some were not at Vapecan. I would have paid the tax as that's why I was asking. That turned me off Provari's .

I have an SVD that does not read a partially depleted battery properly. I have 2 Zmax's - one's been knocked over a ton of times and looks like it's about 20 years old but performs flawlessly. The other started failing within 30 days. It's because of stuff like this i'd rather fork out more up front for something better.

wheelie
11-18-2014, 05:16 PM
That's the point I am at "buy less but better"

grand_sumo
11-18-2014, 08:32 PM
That's the point I am at "buy less but better"

I've always been a Provari fan. Quality over quantity... :) Safety and a well made product always wins in my books.

JoeyRedShirt
11-19-2014, 04:54 AM
FWIW, my MVP is still kicking a year later. Only problem I've had was that the fire button fell off! (fixed with a little bit of scotch tape for now) Added bonus: BXfan, you can get the MVP v2 locally! Don't know if you've been into Vapor XS on Sunrise Ave, but the guy running the place is also trying to become a Provari dealer as well!

Jetalito
01-12-2015, 09:19 PM
I have 3 Provari's. Use all in 18650 mod. Bought one new, from Provape, and acquired 2 others, second hand. Saving my last buy(practically new) in case one of them breaks. Have a feeling, it's gonna sit a long time. Have been using them every day, for over 2 years. Consistent, satisfying vape, from beginning, till end of battery charge. Best mod, I have ever owned, and I have several, including box mods, mechs. I like to vape several flavors, throughout the day, so have numerous mods lying around, but always return to my Provari's, for the most satisfying vape, and worry free operation.:love:

>