PDA

View Full Version : eleaf istick. FINALLY

DaMann
09-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Went into my local B&M to pick up an emergency 18500 battery as my batts ran out of juice and didn't have a charger with me. I was complaining to the guy that I wished someone would come out with a VV/VW mod that wasn't so long or large. He said he just got these in and showed me it. It's super small, VV/VW and 2200mA. Perfect. Bought one right away. Finally I have something small and powerful. This is an amazing little unit. Highly recommend it.

drunknfoo
09-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Looks like a cute little box mod :smile:

Psykotica
09-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Have been looking for one of these! I don't live close to any real B&M stores. Anyone know where I could find one online? Preferably a Canadian vendor!

mudferret
09-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Psykotica Dash Vapes has them

Edit: for pre-order....sorry.

Amnion
09-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Psykotica
Stinky's got em. Apparently going fast
iSmoka 20W Eleaf iStick OLED Screen MOD (Battery Only) (http://www.stinkycanuck.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=102_145&product_id=510)

Psykotica
09-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks Amnion and mudferret!

Masonite
09-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Happyvaper also on pre-order. 39.95 I think. I can imagine vendors soon having a sale where you buy three isticks and get an MVP for free! MVP still charges my phone so I think that will be my glovebox mod.

the dirty sanchez
10-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Picked up one yesterday. A great device. Might have to get a couple more...

Hazevapeco
10-29-2014, 04:57 PM
DaMann, I can't help but wonder if it was us you came to see! Haze Vape Co.?

Vanclan
10-30-2014, 07:00 PM
I think this will be my next you.

Toronto_Mike
10-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Have been looking for one of these! I don't live close to any real B&M stores. Anyone know where I could find one online? Preferably a Canadian vendor!

Maybe wait & see if you win one - I'm giving one away with the October Giveaway. Sign up if you haven't already.

http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/10084-october-prizes-announced.html

Wrigley
10-30-2014, 11:45 PM
It would be a great prize to win but if you don't, I would highly recommend picking one up. It's a fantastic little device.

TJSlayer
11-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Been using my istick for the last few days and wow am I impressed!

Great Battery!

Small and compact but loads of power and adjustability. Lasts for days!

Provides a larger and warmer vape than my other batters and same voltage, and be used while charging as well.
Perfect pair with a Nautilus Mini attached!

Very happy with it

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered another from Mike at vapemail with some more mini's!

:)

DaMann
11-05-2014, 01:26 PM
DaMann, I can't help but wonder if it was us you came to see! Haze Vape Co.?

No, I picked mine up at Van city vapes. Have since picked up another. All my 18... bats and chargers are a thing of the past. When I travelled I always had to take batteries, chargers etc. Now I take two of these and two attys, done. Even when going out on a night on the town I used to have to take a spare battery, not anymore they last forever. Most importantly it's small which is what I was always after. Coupled with an Erlkonigan clone, this is a light , small effective package. Every other piece of hardware has been retired.

amoca
11-05-2014, 02:07 PM
I have 2, and another on order. Just totally love them.
Was given an Emow Mega and it looks pretty nice on one of the isticks. Love that Emow, I must pick up another one, I'm not able to wear on a lanyard but I don't have to refill it two or 3 times a day.

I was eyeballing the IPV, Sigelei 100 and the Istick. I ended up buying a IPV for the reason that I don't need huge watts to make clouds. I just wanna vape.
The Istick has a internal battery and thats is what turned me off of buying it, its one thing to have to throw out worn out batts but tossing or modding the whole PV cause of worn out batt is IMO senseless.
The Sigelei 100 has dual batteries so I would have to use married batteries and keep them that way..more hassle than its worth and 100 watts is a bit excessive for my personal vaping needs.
The IPV is 50 watts, removable single battery. I didn't want the 60 watt version due to the fact I had a evic fry trying to work with its software on my comp. I really like the IPV with a .7 ohm dual coil in a fogger at 30 watts. All I can really say is that I have to lower my nic level to 3 or 6 since a couple good hits at 9 nic gives me nic buzz and minor headache. I just got tired of dealing with locking rings on my sentinel, nemesis and chiyou so being able to sub ohm with out hassling with locking rings is a bonus.

SaabFanatic
11-05-2014, 04:23 PM
The internal battery is what is throwing me off as well, I almost feel like I would be going back to eGo's. However, it does get a lot of praise so I might have to just try it.

DWDawg
11-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Internal battery doesn't bother me if it lasts anyway near as long as a MVP I'll be happy. Love the small size. Only negative so far is it won't fire .8. kanger coils. If battery does fail I'll take it apart and try to change it myself apparently its a 18650 soldered in. I paid $49 so if it lasts 6 months you got your moneys worth.

SaabFanatic
11-06-2014, 03:09 AM
Internal battery doesn't bother me if it lasts anyway near as long as a MVP I'll be happy. Love the small size. Only negative so far is it won't fire .8. kanger coils. If battery does fail I'll take it apart and try to change it myself apparently its a 18650 soldered in. I paid $49 so if it lasts 6 months you got your moneys worth.

Does it still put out constant voltage when the battery gets low?

DaMann
11-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Does it still put out constant voltage when the battery gets low?

Yes. Haven't metered it to prove it but I was happily vaping away when I notice that battery was almost flat. It still felt as strong as when the battery was full. It's rare that I run a battery flat on these things. They just last so damn long

bcameron
11-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Just remember the iStick is using mean to determine volatge when it should be using RMS. That means it outputs a lot more than it actually states. So if you are used to running at 14W you will need to dial down the iStick ~7W. to get same output. I am not sure if you can even get below 4v with the iStick so keep that in mind if you decide you want one and you are use to vaping under 4v.

Otherwise a great little device with long battery life. And as DaMann said it goes really well with the ultra-light Erlkonigen atty.

amoca
11-06-2014, 07:43 PM

Doesn't bother me a bit, either--I have to have a LOT of batteries to make me feel safe (I now have 3 iSticks and I could sell off an Ego a day for a month and still not run out...) I LOVE them. I do notice that the newest one- a blue one has a much brighter display than the other 2, when I'm outside I can't see the display, but generally I know what voltage and wattage I'm at and don't frig with it. I was happy with egos, so these little critters totally thrill me. I need another blue one and a silver and then maybe I'll be happy. Really need to either work for a vape shop, or be a vape shop, because I certainly am a collector. My latest one- the blue came from Canvape and the full kit was 39.00- you can't beat that price- if it lasts 6 months I'll be very happy.
I just got a MOW mega tank and it rocks an iStick- I loved the aerotank minis and genitanks, but I really, REALLY like the MOW--I'm hard on glass tanks, like to change the glass to coloured and today I broke 2 brand new blue tank glasses...the MOW is mostly steel with windows, so it's tougher. and shorter. and I'm not filling it three times a day.

If you're looking to sub-ohm- this won't do it. But if you're looking for something with long battery life and small size- this is a great little device.

TJSlayer
11-07-2014, 11:06 AM
I figured something was up with the voltage setting as it's a considerably warmer vape than my aspire, egos, etc.

Replaceable battery is a nice idea, but then you still need charger etc. I love the convenience of just plugging the unit in and charging. They could design it like that as well but I'm guessing size and price would change slightly, then the manufacturer also has no control on battery quality, etc.

So Doesn't concern me, for $35 I'll just get another when the time comes or more likely will pick up the next version with more bells and whistles when "I think" I need another.

Works great, small, compact, powerful what more can you ask for :)

Cheers
TJ

TJSlayer
11-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Should of said $35-$50 depending weather you get full kit or bare unit

wheelie
11-13-2014, 10:29 AM
Got one today from Canvape for the wife. She likes it. She likes small and dainty. Good looking mode. Good thing I have charging cords because it does not come with one. May have to pickup a second one in the future.

>