PDA

View Full Version : ecig-stores.com beta

Nicklfire
09-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Hello All,

A while ago i bought a license for a directory software. I finally got around to configuring it and getting it going. I'd like some people with websites(vendors, bloggers, suppliers, etc) to help me beta test it. The site is not officially launched yet so i'd appreciate some test sites to go through and create a free listing.

i have disabled the reciprocal linking for a short while(during beta) so you can add your site permanently without having to link back to the directory.

You can email any feedback back to me via that contact us form on the website or pm me through here.

The sites main purpose is to compile websites in the ecig industry starting with Canada then focus on internationally. I have only added the Canadian provinces at the moment but USA to come after that.

The site is ecig-stores.com

Kindest Regards,

Shawn

Tiki
09-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Way to go, great idea! I did a test Add Listing. Would be helpful if tips were provided for the fields as there's no way to know the preferred formats, ie. province could be SK, SASK, or Saskatchewan. As fields may effect searchability, it's important to know formats. Photo is an option but didn't know dimension or file size limits. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has to make 4 attempts at a 3 field form! :-)

cymric
09-24-2014, 01:04 AM
Great idea!

kumata
09-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Electronic Cigaretteshttp://eucheapcigs.com/smile.gif (http://eucheapcigs.com/) Directory, something new. Good Luck!

Nicklfire
09-24-2014, 07:52 AM
Way to go, great idea! I did a test Add Listing. Would be helpful if tips were provided for the fields as there's no way to know the preferred formats, ie. province could be SK, SASK, or Saskatchewan. As fields may effect searchability, it's important to know formats. Photo is an option but didn't know dimension or file size limits. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has to make 4 attempts at a 3 field form! :-)

Great feedback thank you for that. I'll spend some time minimizing any questions that someone would have when filling out that form. Good to know about the photo as well.
Thanks all for feedback thus far.

I used to have a MAP option which lays out all the stores but it was time consuming and manual so this replaces that as it has the same map option which displays per listing or overall on the main hompage.

Nicklfire
10-01-2014, 07:35 AM
slowly we are getting stores added to the database and the map is starting to fill up. Just need more vendors to register for a listing so we can identify any other problems prior to marketing it full out. Been able to identify some areas to improve which is great so just need more vendors to register.

Shawn

cymric
10-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Looks great. The date on your calendar is off by two days.

Nicklfire
10-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Looks great. The date on your calendar is off by two days.

thanks pal! the calendar is not a live calendar, there are links in the dates which show how many new sites were added on that day.

drunknfoo
10-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Looks great, thank you for the dedication

AceVaper
10-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Hi Shawn,

I'd be interested in helping you beta test, if you're still looking for testers. I did go over and take a look. Am I still able to post a free add without the linkback?

Nicklfire
10-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Hey AceVaper

Yes just use the 0$ free option and give it a test, i have no enabled the reciprical linking as of yet :) Just pm me or email me letting me know if you find any issues. I have identified and fixed some of them , some others looking into it more

>