PDA

View Full Version : Innokin SVD v2.0

Anonymous
09-01-2014, 06:30 AM
Was wandering around the innokin website and I noticed the SVD has been given its v2.0.. Looks like the rumors were true. It has the Evolv 2.0 Chip in it.

What do you guys all think about it?

Innokin iTaste SVD2.0 (http://www.innokin.com/index.php/product-listings/2014-05-06-18-04-19/itaste-svd2-0)

Im sure this is probably old news to some. But does anyone have some insider info about when this beast is going to come out?

Vapowulf
09-01-2014, 02:24 PM
It looks like a winner. The "modified" DNA20 chip will be able to step-down voltage, allowing a wider range of vaping than the regular DNA-type chips, supposedly. Mid-September release is what I've read. There is an interview by Phil Busardo with the Evolv and Innokin peeps, although it doesn't tell much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8G0Ve8n_QQ

Anonymous
09-01-2014, 02:49 PM
It has my interest. I'm a fan of innokin stuff, but their latest released (the newest iclear tanks, 16d, 30s) were less then stellar.. so I'm very much hoping this will be the redeemer.

20w is a really good range, especially for those doing rebuild ables. Guess all I can do is wait on baited breath.

And then some. I try not to pick up anything until 6 months after its release to see the bugs.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk

HabsFan
09-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm still on the fence about the look, but that could easily change once I get my hands on one and see how it actually feels. The 0.5 ohm and 20 watt max is pretty good really considering it has the step-down. I think it will really come down to the price point. Considering how many vv/vw devices are on the market right now, and some of the crazy max watts a lot of them can do (attractive to a lot of people), Innokin may have the keep the price very reasonable on this one I think.

BX fan
09-01-2014, 05:00 PM
I read somewhere the price is rumored at 99 i think - guessing that was USD which puts it considerably higher than the original version. But they describe it as revolutionary so you know that likely means higher price.

zerosum
09-01-2014, 05:45 PM
I try not to pick up anything until 6 months after its release to see the bugs.

I might pick it up after 6 months after your review.

Puff
09-01-2014, 07:13 PM
If the price isn't too outrageous I'll probably get one. 20w is the highest I vape at so it's good for me. They changed the top part of it, it's flater now so not quite as hideous as it was.

Anonymous
09-01-2014, 09:22 PM
I'd pay a hundred for it. But that's just me. Considering the vtr is roughly that price (I know, depending on where you shop) I think 99 would be a steal.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk

HabsFan
09-02-2014, 04:55 AM
I'm not sure if I would pay $100 but for it or not. That would have been a bargain even 3 months ago, but considering how diluted the market is right now with vv/vw devices, plus the fact that step-down will most likely be widely available soon enough in a lot of other devices, I'm not sure about that price tag on this one. Having said that, I have no doubt that it will sell really well. I like Innokin products for the most part and they have a great following, which will also help with the sales.

More than likely I'll fall into the "wait six months for reviews" on whether to purchase or not. :)

randomname
09-02-2014, 05:47 AM
$100 bucks for an authentic DNA20 device is a steal no matter how you look at it, especially with the innokin name and service backing it up. You can't even buy an ipv for that price. For anyone that says "well it's only a dna20" remember that's 20w regulated, which means that's what your atty sees battery sag be damned. I'm a .7 ohm vaper on a mech and i run about 17watts on a regulated device.

Puff
09-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Randomname does have a point and it is an evolv chip in an innokin device. Two very experienced companies and good quailty. I don't mind the way it looks now too since the change. I can get a black one too. I'm going to get one if the price is in a fair range. Now I'm excited at the prospect :)

HabsFan
09-02-2014, 08:28 AM
I definitely agree that the odds are very good that the quality of the product will most likely be top notch considering the companies involved. My only concern (personally) is what the competition will have available with step-down tech as well. A growing trend right now seems to be gearing towards dual 18650's (or tri 18650's in one mod) and 26650 vv/vw mods, which is obviously for the folks who want both the high watt option, as well as the battery life. I've been pure 26650 mods (mechanical and vv/vw) for the past month or so, so I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to battery life.

Like I said, I'm on the fence at the moment. That could easily change once the reviews start coming in, and I get a chance to check out it looks/feels up close. :)

bcameron
09-02-2014, 08:37 AM
It will be interesting to see what the Hana's of the world are going to do. If Innokin can put out a true DNA device for $100 who the hell is going to buy a Hana or equivalent for $250? Hopefully Innokin will soon come out with a MVP/box mod with the DNA.

Anonymous
09-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Wouldnt that be awesome.. A DNA MVP.. I have seen on the internet here someone did it....

MVP20D - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/VeVBp)

Id buy two of em. Love my MVP V2 to death..

BX fan
09-02-2014, 10:30 AM
I ordered the original SVD the weekend. Was thinking about a mech but not pulling the trigger on it for now. I tend to adjust voltage a bit and not sure if the kick would be convenient. Maybe i should be setting watts - i've never tried it.

My 2 Zmax's are already failing - one bought in March & the other in June. Button issues on both and problems with the ego threads on one. Hoping for better luck with the 3 button SVD.

HabsFan
09-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I have to admit that I would definitely be all over a DNA MVP. My MVP 2.0 is my "out and about" device, and I still love it. The quality, battery life, and overall look and feel is great. If they could match all of that with a DNA inside, I'd definitely be all over it :)

That actually looks pretty slick, Anonymous. I don't know about with the Russian on it, but the display alone really improves the device a fair bit. Hopefully if they do decide to release an improved version of the MVP, they don't change too much of the overall appeal of the device itself.

Anonymous
09-02-2014, 10:39 AM
I have a DNA 20 and 30 chip (Non authentic) here... But I only have one mvp and I am not gutting my primary ride for the experiment.

randomname
09-02-2014, 10:58 AM
I definitely agree that the odds are very good that the quality of the product will most likely be top notch considering the companies involved. My only concern (personally) is what the competition will have available with step-down tech as well. A growing trend right now seems to be gearing towards dual 18650's (or tri 18650's in one mod) and 26650 vv/vw mods, which is obviously for the folks who want both the high watt option, as well as the battery life. I've been pure 26650 mods (mechanical and vv/vw) for the past month or so, so I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to battery life.

Like I said, I'm on the fence at the moment. That could easily change once the reviews start coming in, and I get a chance to check out it looks/feels up close. :)

the new dna20 will offer step down voltage as well.

as for battery life i take a dna20 and a dna30 with me to work and use pretty much exclusively at home as well. I get two to two and a half days vaping off the two mods vaping 6ml to 10ml a day. Also remember that your getting a regulated vape down to 3.2?(3.3?) volts instead of the 3.7ish or so where most of us change our batts in a mech. For many batts the longest part of their charge life is in the 3.2 to 3.7 range.

HabsFan
09-02-2014, 11:07 AM
It's not that I'm saying the current battery life availability is poor, bur rather that it can be improved upon a bit with dual setups and 26650 mods. Of course, battery life has been an ongoing issue with a lot of devices out there anyway (laptops, phones, etc.). Maybe it is just me, but I'm one of those "the more you get, the more you want" when it comes to tech.

Two and a half days really isn't bad at all based on the specs you mentioned earlier, Random. I use pretty much the same coil setup (.6 - .8 range at 15 - 17 watts) on a 26650 mech or vv/vw mod, and I will typically get anywhere from 2 - 3 and a half days of vaping out of one mod. Not sure about the actual hours though, as the time that I'm awake varies since I do shift work.

Nemesis
09-02-2014, 11:42 AM
My 2 Zmax's are already failing - one bought in March & the other in June. Button issues on both and problems with the ego threads on one. Hoping for better luck with the 3 button SVD.

After going trough 3 SVD's i can tell you the lifetime of an SVD is between 3-5 months. I had 2 originals bought from authorised places and one form Fasttech. The latter one was the worst , the two 100% originals (with mirror screen) lasted slightly longer. The main issue was the pushed center pin for 2 of them and button not working on the third one. After all this fail I bit the bullet and bought a Pro-Vari and I have to admit that thing is way ... way better than SVD which I think is the best of the Chinese made APV's.

yeroc1982
09-04-2014, 04:30 PM
SVD is junk, save your money and buy something that will last.

Puff
09-04-2014, 08:23 PM
SVD is junk, save your money and buy something that will last.

I've had three. The older version had button issues but that seemed to be fixed in the latest one. The only issue I ever had with them was the buttons, other than that, nothing. I didn't ever have any funkiness with the chip itself.

bcameron
09-05-2014, 06:12 AM
I think you will see a big difference in reliability with the v2.0. Having a partnership with Evolv is a big deal.

Puff
09-16-2014, 07:38 PM
Saw a video blurb about it, it's going to be just under 100$ 99 something. Really good price for what it is I think. I wouldn't normally get anything right away or soon after release, but think I will this time.

flippintwit
09-30-2014, 07:00 AM
I have an original SVD ( my second, the first was replaced under warranty,) and use it ALL the time. The button is a bit finicky at times, but I've learned to adjust for that. Personally, if they had fixed the button ( more reliable,) and added a pass through charger, it would have been perfect for a V2.0.

Looking at what actually came out as a V2.0.... Uhmmmmm. No. That doesn't follow, aesthetically ( IMHO ) from the SVD. Where are the side buttons, the etching, the telescoping tube, the beauty ring, the framed display; you know, the bits that had the SVD standing away from the crowd, that made it distinctive & cool? This one, looks like just another Vamo or Zmax stick.

No, I won't be buying one, (but I do reserve the right to change my mind a future date.)

randomname
09-30-2014, 07:20 AM
you think this looks like a vamo?

Puff
09-30-2014, 08:18 PM
you think this looks like a vamo?

They changed the top a bit so it's not round and did a couple minor tweeks. I think it looks much better. Doesn't look quite as different as the svd1 did but still nice and a bit different from a vamo. Glad they changed the button color on the black too.

DrTasty
09-30-2014, 08:45 PM
My Fasttech SVD has been my daily driver for a year now. Aside from some dodgy 510 threads (it only threads for certain tops) and a button wearing out it's been just fine. Eats batteries, but just fine. I dropped it (with a Russian on top) at vapecan and it made such a thud I thought I'd have to buy something new. But no, it was fine. Huge freaking thing, but yes I would buy this for $100.

Steam Engine
09-30-2014, 08:54 PM
I did have the original SVD as my first VV VW rig. It was pretty good while it lasted! Hit strong, decent battery life to and the price point was a good seller for me! The + and te fire button gave up on me a little while ago and I just could use it anymore. Hopefully they upgraded that part of the unit! Altho when bored on a rainy day last week I took it apart and drenched it in isopropyl alcohol, played with buttons and let it soak. After drying it worked again ( dunno for how long but it does now!) if the price is right I might pick one up to try the new version!

Puff
09-30-2014, 08:59 PM
I did have the original SVD as my first VV VW rig. It was pretty good while it lasted! Hit strong, decent battery life to and the price point was a good seller for me! The + and te fire button gave up on me a little while ago and I just could use it anymore. Hopefully they upgraded that part of the unit! Altho when bored on a rainy day last week I took it apart and drenched it in isopropyl alcohol, played with buttons and let it soak. After drying it worked again ( dunno for how long but it does now!) if the price is right I might pick one up to try the new version!

I watched a video from innokin about it, the buttons are going to be modular, so if they go, they can be replaced. Not sure how that works, but that's good to know because that's what always went when I had an svd.

Here's the video that talks about it:

http://www.rpad.tv/2014/09/09/vaping-diaries-233-innokin-paul-aaron-hare-interview-ecc-2014/

Steam Engine
09-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the video link! I like the idea of being able to repair it by just ordering the part needed! And they also mentioned water resistance for the button! Now that's another big plus! Ok it's resistant not waterPROOF but it's already a step more than the older version! I'm still waiting on a fully waterproof mod to take along on outdoors trip but I think we're still far from that and I'm also on the wrong tread for that subject!

>