PDA

View Full Version : Need a reliable mod

johnspack
08-25-2014, 11:28 PM
My e-LVT is doing weird crap, and I'd like to know what vv/wv mods would be better for the 100 buck range... or more if I have to.
The weird crap would be it sticking on until I hit the 3 click power off mode, it going on and off while firing ect. What's a good, simple
26650 ect mod?

jaynometry
08-26-2014, 05:04 AM
Used Provari or a used IPV2 maybe?

johnspack
08-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Well it's still acting up from time to time, so guess I have to consider it. Only 2 months old with a panasonic 3100mah battery, a bit disappointing!
When it locks on it really scares me, as that battery could go very boooom....
Edit: Provari looks like the most sensible choice, man I need to win a lottery....

johnspack
08-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Nah, looks the Provari 2.5 needs an adapter just to use the 18650, which I already use. I need a bigger mod. And more reliable. This e-LVT is dying on me fast.
Never mind, that IPV2 50watt box for 100 looks perfect.... how big of battery can I use for that? Never mind again, 18650.... hmmm. Still might get the IPV2..

Rob (Doc)
08-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Not that I know that much about mods but just saw a video on a Katady ePower 3 mod with all the bells and whistles. Has a 3400 mAh battery built in so dunno. Seems plasable and it's on ebay. I can say ebay right guys?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Densetsu
08-26-2014, 05:18 PM
I'd recommend a Provari, in order to use a 18650, it's just an extension cap and it is still relatively compact (compared to some of the monster mods out there today). My oldest unit is 16 months old and it still performs like it did on day one. I do not baby my units either. If you want a tough mod, get the Provari imho.

johnspack
08-26-2014, 05:47 PM
Hmm, keep hearing about the Provari.... this mod is driving me batty... wish I wasn't spending a small fortune setting up things right now.

oncesubtile
08-26-2014, 09:14 PM
Hmm, keep hearing about the Provari.... this mod is driving me batty... wish I wasn't spending a small fortune setting up things right now.

Have a look at the Seven 22 PIC (Pioneer4You) regulated Mod from 7 to 22 watts which uses 26650 batteries. It gives good power and a good vape with a Magma dripper.
The SX220 chipset is a bit finnicky to learn how to use properly but onced mastered, is ok.
Get a good charger like the Atar 2 slot and set it to slow charge....it extends the life of your battery. It's the only charger that I know of that the battery fits into the slot properly.
Look at Switcher's... Custom Turnings for the charger and to Jason at jgvapes for the mod and batteries.

The Provari is very nice but not quite enough power.
There's a new Provari coming soon ...so better wait for that one.

Vicious Vaperz
08-26-2014, 09:31 PM
I have a 7-22 that I bought from Jason @ jgvapes I'll sell you johnspack. I paid $150 with battery + shipping.
You can have mod and 1 26650 MNKE battery + box and manual for $100 + ship and p/pal fees if you would like.
I bought it used it a half a dozen times and got into box mods. Now it sits all alone on the shelf.
I also have an extra IPV2. PM me if interested.

Rob (Doc)
08-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Do you all recommend getting vv/vw mods that use batteries instead of ones that are batteries? For reasons of once the ones that are batteries, themselves, are usless once they crap out? This is a real "want to know".

Rob (Doc)
08-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Do you all recommend getting vv/vw mods that use batteries instead of ones that are batteries? For reasons of once the ones that are batteries, themselves, are usless once they crap out? This is a real "want to know".

Also what about the Seven-30 V2 mod and it's preformance?

oncesubtile
08-26-2014, 10:10 PM

I feel the same way as you do and gamble that I'll get longer use of a Regulated Mod in which I can change the battery.

I don't know about the Seven-30 V2.

Rob (Doc)
08-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Oncesubtile I was asking not recommending but thank you for steering me in the direction I thought might be the right one! Just a noob who needs all the help he can get.

johnspack
08-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I'm just getting a 2600mah spinner knockoff to do me for now. Would like to find a nice tube to drop my panasonic 3100mah 18650 into though. Would love a 4000mah 26650 mod at some point.
Highly recommend people stay away from the e-LVT. The etailer I bought it from admitted he's gotten complaints about it from others.

Vaper_Dave
08-29-2014, 11:30 AM
If reliability is most important the Provari is the way to go. I’d recommend a used one over most new other brands if you can vape inside its power range.
The I don’t have much experience with the 7/22 or the newer but my buddies seems well built and has held up well to date.
The IPV2… not for me! :-)

Anonymous
08-29-2014, 11:43 AM

Depends on your outlook.. Buy an mvp v2 or something similar for under $100, toss it away when its all done.. Or spend a little more money for a decent mod, then toss away a $10 battery once it wont charge and get way more range of adjustment.

Rob (Doc)
08-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Would you, won't hold you to this, get authentic or clones. Again I know money but reliabilty is more my way. Just how good are the Stingray type ones and do they hold up? You can buy four clones for one authentic but will the one authentic outlast the four clones. And thanks in advance.

Rob (Doc)
08-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Would you, won't hold you to this, get authentic or clones. Again I know money but reliabilty is more my way. Just how good are the Stingray type ones and do they hold up? You can buy four clones for one authentic but will the one authentic outlast the four clones. And thanks in advance.

I know this isn't Howie's review page. lol

>