PDA

View Full Version : IPV2 50w is an amazing device

sashdropper
07-23-2014, 11:58 AM
I really enjoy this mod. I mean how impressive is firing at .2 ohm @50w. That style is not for me but .6ohm at 40w is a really amazing smooth vape. Now the one reason I disliked this mod was the touchfire button. It was constantly being accidentally fired. Not in the booklet, but this is how you can turn it off: hold the fire/power button and the (-) at the same time and it shuts it off.

I think that makes this device a whole lot better. Anyhow I am sure many of you will like it better without this feature!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/24/a4ehatad.jpg

Vaper_Dave
07-23-2014, 12:44 PM
I like the specs! It has an adjustable 510, aluminum body and it look good as well.

I do wish they would put a trap door in these things to keep firing 18650’s at it rather that port changing.
50Watts will kill an 18650 quick.

sashdropper
07-23-2014, 12:51 PM
I like the specs! It has an adjustable 510, aluminum body and it look good as well.

I do wish they would put a trap door in these things to keep firing 18650’s at it rather that port changing.
50Watts will kill an 18650 quick.

I was actually blown away with the battery life. I chain vape, like pretty hard. I get all day (6-8 hours) off a charge at .6 and 36w with a Sony VCT5. I know probably 3-5 is what my friend got off of .3 ohm at 50 watt recently letting everyone try it at the vape meet. So yeah I mean it would be better with a trap door but for what it is I am happy. I have also contemplated getting small rare earth magnets and putting them in the screw holes to use instead of the screws.

bcameron
07-23-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm looking forward to getting mine. Was thinking about waiting for a SX350 device but reviews on the IPV2 have been very good I decided to go for it.

vdaedalus
07-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Show-off. :) Mine likely isn't coming for a while, between production having halted to solve the screw issues AND the fact that they haven't shipped a single silver unit yet. Bah.

Vaper_Dave
07-23-2014, 01:12 PM
I was actually blown away with the battery life. I chain vape, like pretty hard. I get all day (6-8 hours) off a charge at .6 and 36w with a Sony VCT5. I know probably 3-5 is what my friend got off of .3 ohm at 50 watt recently letting everyone try it at the vape meet. So yeah I mean it would be better with a trap door but for what it is I am happy. I have also contemplated getting small rare earth magnets and putting them in the screw holes to use instead of the screws.

The magnets would make this much more attractive to me! :-)
What’s the charge time of a fully depleted battery through the port?

bcameron
07-23-2014, 01:16 PM
Show-off. :) Mine likely isn't coming for a while, between production having halted to solve the screw issues AND the fact that they haven't shipped a single silver unit yet. Bah.

It would be worth the wait if they decided to replace the screws with magnets. I've got a silver coming as well.

sashdropper
07-23-2014, 01:34 PM
The magnets would make this much more attractive to me! :-)
What’s the charge time of a fully depleted battery through the port?

Greenleaf has said from last week on, all screws were put in by humans not by a 20 pile driver press fitting them haha. I got mine out and put in a battery and got the screws back in, so that is now the battery for me till I rig up some magnets. I want to say 4 hours. I have not totally killed the battery but had it maybe at 10%. It was just under 4 hours to charge that back up. It is surprisingly quick.

I think Ed at www.winvape.com still has a few left, seriously get one you won't regret it!

Just talked to Ed that the silver ipv2s shipped and should be in stock on Monday, always good to have one in each colour, right??? haha

vdaedalus
07-23-2014, 02:22 PM
For what it's worth, depending on the load you're putting on them, Efest purple 3100mAh have been performing really well for me. Lasting longer than VTC5s.

They're 'rated' at 20A on the battery, which, grain of salt I guess, but I've had no problem fairly heavily vaping a 0.4 dual-coil build with them (which should pull under 11A anyway, 44 watts?).

drtongue96
07-23-2014, 03:03 PM
I ordered a bunch too, in black and silver. We'll see when they get here! I may have to yoink one for myself. My hope is 1st week August.

oncesubtile
07-23-2014, 09:59 PM
I ordered a bunch too, in black and silver. We'll see when they get here! I may have to yoink one for myself. My hope is 1st week August.

Does the IPV2 50W have an indicator light to show the charge of the battery when charging via USB ? Or does one have to push the power button for the OLED to show the battery?

Also...will it take an 18650 bat. with a button top or is it too tight (like the Hana 30 clone) which won't take a button top?)...reason, Provari prefers button top.

drtongue96 if you don't mind, please send me a PM when they come in and answer my questions. I now have a black MVP2, a red Hanna so might as well get a silver IPV2 this time, eh?

sashdropper
07-24-2014, 04:15 AM
Does the IPV2 50W have an indicator light to show the charge of the battery when charging via USB ? Or does one have to push the power button for the OLED to show the battery?

Also...will it take an 18650 bat. with a button top or is it too tight (like the Hana 30 clone) which won't take a button top?)...reason, Provari prefers button top.

drtongue96 if you don't mind, please send me a PM when they come in and answer my questions. I now have a black MVP2, a red Hanna so might as well get a silver IPV2 this time, eh?

I am not sure if it will take a button top, I only have flat tops. Sony VCT5s. Provari was designed around the AW IMR and is the only battery recommended for it. This makes the Hana and Provari irrelevant in terms of power.

drtongue96
07-24-2014, 09:02 AM

I can try and send you a pm, although I'm a very busy man, and may...forget, but I will post it in my stock update thread, which I post whenever I get a new batch of stock and on my facebook page. and I can't answer any of your questions as I don't have any yet. I only tried Ed's at the Winnipeg Vape Expo (actually CBC television had me vaping his ipv2 on the tv!). As for the batteries, an AW battery is pretty good, but I would use a better one for a 50watt device, especially if you are doing any sub-ohm vaping. As you know, you put a battery in them, and then charge via usb afterwards (at least that's how I would use it), so I would just buy the very best IMR available (30 amp) with the highest amp and put it in and forget about it.

larktdl
08-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Well I dunno if I want one of these now. Phil totally trashed it on his review. Maybe he got a lemon ,,, someone needs to convince me that Phil is wrong.

drtongue96
08-08-2014, 12:57 PM
I watched Phil's video the other day. He got a bad one. I have no idea who sent it to him, you'd think if it was the company itself they would have sent him a better one. He stripped the screws, not sure why he wasn't more careful. I had no problems with the screws, but they are small. My cover fits fine and screws in fairly tight. The device is working fine, as advertised. Inside my device is L0320, I don't know if that's the serial # or the lot #.

Also there was plastic over the screen and the top fire button. This is meant to be removed (like plastic on a monitor screen or television on a brand new item). The lick test is true, if you get the top button really wet it will fire, but for not very long. No problems of it firing by itself. I like it better than the dna 30 clones I had in before because: the top button is cool and I like it (although others don't and turn it off), you can turn the whole device off. It fires as soon as you press the button, no 'waking it up'.

It's really unfortunate Phil got a shitty one. It won't help us vendors who sell them one bit! I certainly won't convince you to buy one. But if you want one, but one. And I sell them, free shipping lol!

larktdl
08-08-2014, 07:05 PM
I watched Phil's video the other day. He got a bad one. I have no idea who sent it to him, you'd think if it was the company itself they would have sent him a better one. He stripped the screws, not sure why he wasn't more careful. I had no problems with the screws, but they are small. My cover fits fine and screws in fairly tight. The device is working fine, as advertised. Inside my device is L0320, I don't know if that's the serial # or the lot #.

Also there was plastic over the screen and the top fire button. This is meant to be removed (like plastic on a monitor screen or television on a brand new item). The lick test is true, if you get the top button really wet it will fire, but for not very long. No problems of it firing by itself. I like it better than the dna 30 clones I had in before because: the top button is cool and I like it (although others don't and turn it off), you can turn the whole device off. It fires as soon as you press the button, no 'waking it up'.

It's really unfortunate Phil got a shitty one. It won't help us vendors who sell them one bit! I certainly won't convince you to buy one. But if you want one, but one. And I sell them, free shipping lol!

In all honesty, I will pull the trigger on this device in the very near future. Phil's review didn't change my decision to purchase one, I deliberately used "I dunno ... someone needs to convince me" because I want to read feedback about the device on this forum.

So far you have responded and I got a PM from another forum member. Both positive reviews.

Surely there must be other members who can respond to this thread. Come on folks, post your comments about the IPV2!

Puff
08-08-2014, 08:13 PM
I'd like to hear more about it too. I was thinking about getting one in a month or two. Reading Phils comments he mentioned that jjvapes has done a voluntary recall after a staff member had a fairly serious issue :( I'm willing to accept a bit of oddness but auto firing etc. pushes past that limit. I wonder if it was a just a bad lot or too rushed production that left problems.

DWDawg
08-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Yeah l'm with Puff. Wait a month and see what the consensus is. By then the 100watt ones will be the big thing. Me thinks 50 is plenty for me.

yeroc1982
08-09-2014, 03:57 AM
Iv had mine for a few weeks now with no issues. Love this thing!

sashdropper
08-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Turn that sill touch pad off (which I think was stupid to use in the first place. IMO ) and I have had no issues. You can literally use a 2.0 ohm aspire nova all the way to a .2 ohm dripper to fill a room with a single cloud, if that's for you. The one pbusardo got looked terrible. I know four people that have them and the doors are not off like that. That was crazy.

Sorry for the wall of text

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeroc1982
08-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Turn that sill touch pad off (which I think was stupid to use in the first place. IMO ) and I have had no issues. You can literally use a 2.0 ohm aspire nova all the way to a .2 ohm dripper to fill a room with a single cloud, if that's for you. The one pbusardo got looked terrible. I know four people that have them and the doors are not off like that. That was crazy.

Sorry for the wall of text

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I had a look at mine after watching his video, didn't have ANY of those issues with mine at all. Only real thing I can comment about, which hardly matters, is the finish seems to wear away after awhile. I think it would look better with it off anyway.

sashdropper
08-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Yeah I had a look at mine after watching his video, didn't have ANY of those issues with mine at all. Only real thing I can comment about, which hardly matters, is the finish seems to wear away after awhile. I think it would look better with it off anyway.

I am going to have the guys in the shop do some laser engraving on it. I actually don't like the feel of it. There is no denying its power or abilities just not the finish I like.

yeroc1982
08-12-2014, 07:24 PM
When I toss in a new battery, the watts resets to 15watts. Iv herd others saying their units are resetting to 50watts. Not sure if this concers anyone or not, just thought I'd share.

larktdl
08-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Well I did it. Got two of them today from the globalhaze.ca B&M shop. One for me, one for the wife (Needless to say she was initially pissed about the purchase).
Now the kicker here is to connect a Nautilus tank (installed with a Bottom Vertical Coil) to it. Wow, what a truly amazing vape ...

If you live in Calgary & area you can get the IPV 2 from Global Haze for $120.00 The kit includes a battery, screwdriver & replacement screws.

The screws will be a problem for the wife ...

MrTGun
08-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Gonna say I'm quite impressed with the little fella after a day's worth of use.

From a nautilus/bvc at 20 watts to 50 watts on an Omega at 0.28 it keeps up. I think this is another fine addition to the current slew of available chipped box mods and in all honesty would be one of my top recommendations for a new vaper, as are all 20/30/50 watt chip devices.

The newbie may scoff at the initial cost, but all told will probably spend less money this way vs climbing the EGO/MVP/Mech ladder as so many of us did/do.

Thumbs up from TG

~TG

mudferret
08-15-2014, 09:42 AM
I would have been all over this, but I think the overhang of a 22mm atty would eventually drive me insane :\

bcameron
08-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Just got mine today. Some attys with long 510 connections don't sit exactly flush like my ehpro klp v2. Also 22mm attys hang over the side ever so slightly. 23 mm attys quite a bit. All in all for the money a great little unit and feels nice in the hand. Wish i got the gunmetal instead of silver though.

MrTGun
08-15-2014, 10:26 AM
I would have been all over this, but I think the overhang of a 22mm atty would eventually drive me insane :\

VA AFC Cyclone is going to be my intended topper ;)

~TG

mudferret
08-15-2014, 10:31 AM
VA AFC Cyclone is going to be my intended topper ;)

~TG

I'm too resistant to change to buy an atty smaller than 22mm :(

MrTGun
08-15-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm too resistant to change to buy an atty smaller than 22mm :(

LOL!!! IPV gave me a reason to buy/want a cyclone. Always loved them, KILLER little atty, just not so sexy on a 22mm tube.

~TG

larktdl
08-15-2014, 11:24 AM
What can we use as replacements for the two tiny screws that are barely visible? Magnets?

bcameron
08-15-2014, 11:28 AM
I have no issues with the screws. If you want you can get some small round earth magnets. You will have to drill out the screw holes to fit them and then glue them in. Can be done but don't think its worth the time. I carry one of those mini screw drivers on my key chain so I always have something to open the case if need be. For the most part I will just use USB charging.

larktdl
08-15-2014, 11:51 AM
I have no issues with the screws. If you want you can get some small round earth magnets. You will have to drill out the screw holes to fit them and then glue them in. Can be done but don't think its worth the time. I carry one of those mini screw drivers on my key chain so I always have something to open the case if need be. For the most part I will just use USB charging.

Well, I don't have a problem with the screws. The screws will be a problem for the wife when she needs to swap the batteries. I foresee vape problems for me ...

ScootsieCollins
08-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Just got mine today, and already noticing an issue. I've used the same 0.7ohm coil on my DNA30 so I know it's not my build. What happens is I'll vape it and it's great, set it down and when I pick it back up it will randomly jump up to 1ohm (without me knowing) giving me an insanely hot, terrible vape. The volts jump way up.

I'll try another atty on it in the meantime but so far, not a great first impression after only using it a few hours.

larktdl
08-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Just got mine today, and already noticing an issue. I've used the same 0.7ohm coil on my DNA30 so I know it's not my build. What happens is I'll vape it and it's great, set it down and when I pick it back up it will randomly jump up to 1ohm (without me knowing) giving me an insanely hot, terrible vape. The volts jump way up.

I'll try another atty on it in the meantime but so far, not a great first impression after only using it a few hours.

Haven't noticed that behavior yet, been using it for 24 hours. Try another atomizer and determine the result. I hope you didn't get a lemon, if so return it for exchange.

larktdl
08-15-2014, 06:29 PM
TIP:
To disable the touch sensor "You can deactivate the touch fire by pressing and holding the - and power buttons. To turn the sensor back on, press and hold + and power".

larktdl
08-15-2014, 06:41 PM

ScootsieCollins
08-15-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah, it's still doing it. It's erratic, had it go from 0.7 to 2.3ohms. It's not pleasant when you fire it. Only thing otherwise I could think of is I'm trying a new battery today (efest 20a) I've only ever used sony vtc4's before, highly doubt it's not the issue but we'll see.

vdaedalus
08-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Have you played with the IPV's 510 screw a little, ScootsieCollins? Maybe back it off and see if that helps, or at least unscrew it and then screw it back in in case it's making wonky contact.

sashdropper
08-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Yeah, it's still doing it. It's erratic, had it go from 0.7 to 2.3ohms. It's not pleasant when you fire it. Only thing otherwise I could think of is I'm trying a new battery today (efest 20a) I've only ever used sony vtc4's before, highly doubt it's not the issue but we'll see.

I use vtc5's in it and have had no issues. I find that the 510 connector sometimes needs to be adjusted. Or the posts in my dripper sometimes will get a little bit loose

randomname
08-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Isn't it this mod the some shops in the states put out a recall on due to the "jumping resistance" issue? That and some of them started smoking.
Amazing mod
Amazing price point
Qc worries me, I've seen pics of the guts, looks like a hot mess like the hana

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

larktdl
08-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Okay, so where are the pics? Any url you can reference? I wouldn't mind seeing the guts, I sure hope it isn't the same mess as the Hana clones.

larktdl
08-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Glitch #1 detected (if you can call it a glitch): Insertion of a new battery - default power setting is 15 watts. This behavior does not occur if you do a power off / power on cycle (same battery).

This could be a problem for those who don't vape at higher watts.

randomname
08-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Busardo tore one down.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ScootsieCollins
08-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Well I made a new coil at .6ohms and so far (knock on wood) no jumping resistance at all today.

I hate to say this because I really do like the device, but it seems too good to be true. I'm using it very warily. No denying it's power, and it doesn't look half bad, either.

Sdogre
08-16-2014, 06:55 PM
If you put something behind the battery and the cover to hold it firmly it helps with intermittent connection issues

larktdl
08-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Clumsy, clumsy wife. She dropped her IPV 2 tonight ,,,, it still works. What is odd, the jolt of the drop turned it off.

yeroc1982
08-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Clumsy, clumsy wife. She dropped her IPV 2 tonight ,,,, it still works. What is odd, the jolt of the drop turned it off.
I did the same thing today. What I think happens, and iv also herd others say it, is the battery losses it's connection.

bcameron
08-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Its a big spring at the negative battery contract. If it lands on the bottom the weight of the battery presses down on the spring and the positive loses contact.

leatherman
08-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Where can a guy grab an ipv from in Canada?

yeroc1982
08-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Where abouts in canada?

bcameron
08-18-2014, 05:25 PM

Personally I would wait for the IPv3 to come out. I think they did to much of a rush job getting these IPv2's out. For the most part I do like mine and use it a lot but there are a few issues. The one that bothers me the most is that very few if any atty's will sit flush. You can't screw in the 510 centre pin low enough. Plus there are a few QC issues that people have come across, although I have no issues with mine other than the 510 connection. All in all a good unit for the price but could be a bit better.

After the great success they had with the Seven-22 (a great mod, I got one of the early ones with spring centre pin and its a daily use) the IPv2 doesn't do them any favours. I would think they would want to rectify those issues with the IPv2 in the IPv3.

larktdl
08-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Had an odd glitch last night .... pressing the power minus button caused it to fire. Gremlins I guess ...

Anonymous
08-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Im gonna give it a few more months. Im sure the glitches are easily corrected. /optimisim

Amnion
08-19-2014, 03:53 AM
Works great, no issues except NONE of my toppers sit flush, same problem as Seven22 (non-floating pin "upgrade" version).
How hard could it be to have the centre pin screw down another mm or two in the connection?
I actually like and use the touch function - no spontaneous firing, and the feature goes to "sleep" if not used within
about a minute of using it (or the fire button).

yotrek
08-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Works great, no issues except NONE of my toppers sit flush, same problem as Seven22 (non-floating pin "upgrade" version).
How hard could it be to have the centre pin screw down another mm or two in the connection?
I actually like and use the touch function - no spontaneous firing, and the feature goes to "sleep" if not used within
about a minute of using it (or the fire button).aren't you supposed to be able to adjust the 510 connector, by screwing it down a bit, so maybe your topper can flush, No?

bcameron
08-19-2014, 10:27 AM
aren't you supposed to be able to adjust the 510 connector, by screwing it down a bit, so maybe your topper can flush, No?

It doesn't screw in far enough.

MrTGun
08-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Take it out - Problem solved if you have an adjustable post on your atty ;)

~TG

bcameron
08-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Take it out - Problem solved if you have an adjustable post on your atty ;)

~TG

Just tried a few. Works with my Taifun GS if I extend the 510 pin, I assume it will work with the GT because its adjustable as well. Unfortunately Kayfun's do not have adjustable 510 pins and without the pin on the IPv2 it is now too low. Fogger is also adjustable and should work but don't have one here with me to try. I think there are more drippers with adjustable 510's than tanks.

>