PDA

View Full Version : Seven22 or Seven30 mod?

HabsFan
07-08-2014, 08:07 AM
I'm debating between picking up a Seven22 mod or a Seven30 mod. The price is about $30 difference, so that's really not bad at all. The main thing that I'm unsure of is if there is really that much of a benefit of picking up the Seven30 over the Seven22. The reviews are fantastic for the Seven22. While they're great for the Seven30 as well, I'm not reading anything about it that is selling it to me over the Seven30 in regards to benefits over the Seven22.

I'm leaning a bit more towards the Seven22, but I do like the idea of getting the latest model since it provides a bit more power. The main reason for the back and forth in my head is that this will actually be my first 26650 mod, so I'd like to make the first one a good buy.

Appreciate any advice or input that anybody wishes to provide :)

wheelie
07-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Both are a waste of power for me. I have a Seven22. When I do use it the power is never set over 10 anyways. So a Seven10 could have worked for me and I have no plans to ever sub ohms, at least not in my future as of now.

Sgt_Smut
07-08-2014, 10:16 AM
I have a Seven22, and I use it daily, mostly set around 10-12 watts. I like that it can go all the way up to 22 watts, but I'm mostly using Aerotanks and my Russian on it, so anything above 10-12 watts in those tanks tends to burn juice for anything more than a 2-3 second haul, which is about a half haul for me.

I do use it from time to time cranked (tilted actually) all the way up at 22, but only when I'm dripping, which is only occasionally lately.

The fact that the new one goes up to 30watts is nice though, because it does allow you to add that extra bump if you need/want it. Is it necessary? Depends on your planned usage.

If it were me, I'd probably drop the extra $30 on the Seven30, if for no other reason that you have the extra flexibility. You may not spend much time up at 30 watts, but you'd at least have the option to do so if you chose to. And, you'd already be spending $100+tax (& shipping possibly), so what's another $30?

I'm super happy with my 22, and would have gotten the 30 had I known it was coming out.

Fourtytwo
07-08-2014, 10:21 AM
It's always tempting to get the latest and most powerful of anything but if you will never use that extra power, that is silly.
Sometimes, simpler is better. Just saying...

HabsFan
07-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeah, dropping the extra $30 just to have that extra bit of wattage in case I actually want to utilize for whatever reason down the road is kind of the main reason I was even considering the Seven30. I don't anticipate needing it at the moment, but you just never know.

At the same time, that extra $30 could towards a new atty (26650 KFL clone), which fits perfectly on this device, or towards more e-liquid. Even though I'm pretty stocked up on e-liquid, you can never really have too much of what you like :)

Thanks guys. I'll be making up my mind by the end of the weekend, since work will keep my busy until then. I'll be sure to post what I decided to go with.

yotrek
07-08-2014, 10:36 AM
it's always good to have an extra power under the hood just in case .. my opinion ..

ScootsieCollins
07-08-2014, 10:37 AM
If you're dripping lately, I'd go for it. 30 watts is great on a low ohm, dual coil dripper.

Anyone carrying the seven30 in Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HabsFan
07-08-2014, 10:43 AM
You can get them through NYXEcigs, but that is the only place that I've seen so far. Other than that, you can also get them at Vapor Tek USA's site for about the same price after dollar exchange. I like to stick with Canadian companies whenever possible as a personal preference. Dashvapes has the Seven22, which is where I would be getting it if I choose the Seven22 mod. I'll just add in e-liquid to bring the price up a bit for the free shipping option.

wheelie
07-13-2014, 04:07 PM
What did you choose?

HabsFan
07-13-2014, 04:49 PM
I haven't actually put the order in yet, as I'll do that in the morning once I get home (currently at work). After some more reviews on the Seven30, I've decided to go with the Seven22. I figure that if I get to the point where I'd like to check out vaping using 30+ watts, I'll just pick up one of the newer sx350 chip mods that will be all of the place soon enough. The overall build quality of the Seven22 sounds bit better versus the Seven30, and I'm not a fan of the venting that they put on the battery tube section of the Seven30 either. I like the solid look of the Seven22. At the moment, the Seven22 will provide me with more than enough power and also still give me a chance to start experimenting with some of the new 26650 attys available while still using a regulated device.

Thanks again to everyone for your input. It's always appreciated :)

HabsFan
07-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Order placed for a Seven22 :)

I picked up a couple of other things as well to take advantage of the free shipping. One of which was a new aerotank Giant. I already have a Mini and a Mega. Love them both, so I figured I'd grab the Giant as well, and see how it looks on a 26650 mod since that is what it appears to be designed for. Still plan on making RBAs my main go to's for vaping, but I also like having good backups.

wheelie
07-15-2014, 09:14 AM
nice. I am waiting on the postman as we speak. Gots a Kayfun rebuildable 30mm, hold 20ml of juice for my Seven22. Then I have a 22650 Haynes Mechanical coming later this week.

HabsFan
07-15-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm actually planning on making that my next purchase. I had a chance to get my hands on one a couple of weeks a go, and really loved it. No whistle, great look, and awesome vape. I'll be getting that locally. I try to buy from my local shop whenever I can, plus their prices are typically very competitive (or lower quite often). Only problem with local shops is the selection, but they're getting much better.

Good luck. Hopefully CP finds you without any issues :)

wheelie
07-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Yes got it. Looks assume on my Seven22. It got my wife laughing anyways. It is a monster. LOL I will build a coil tonight and get it up and running. Got a Fogger4 but I don't like duel coils. I find they are a lot harder on batteries and too hot of vape.

HabsFan
07-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Nice. Good to hear that CP is treating somebody nice at least. Hopefully they'll still have some kindness left for my order as well. :)

Yeah, I get the same reaction from my better half when I was showing her the set up that I was putting together. lol

I haven't had a chance to take a crack at making my own dual coils yet, but that's good to know. I assumed that there would be a bit of difference in the battery life since you're heating twice as much coil, but wasn't really sure just how much difference it would make. I'll have to give it a shot and see if I like it or not.

I did have a chance to play around a bit with a "sleeper" coil, and I really liked it. It was fairly warm, but whether you want the heat or not I find is dependent on what you're vaping. I like warm vapes for sweeter liquids, but I find an overly warm vape on fruity flavors a bit nauseating really. (JMO)

wheelie
07-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Built a 12 1/2 wrap 28g 1.9ohm coil. Vaping at 10.5 watts with cotton wick. I like it. Vaping Jugheads Organic Rootbeer. Now for my mechanical Haynes in 26650 and it will be my all day at work vape I hope. :) :) I run long tips and it helps cool the vape down some also. Plus everyone thinks I am carrying around a mini torch. LOL

HabsFan
07-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Nice set up :)

I still haven't gotten a chance to try any of Jugheads e-liquids, but I've heard really good things about a few of them, including the root beer. I'll have to give it a try soon.

It's funny that you mention about the long tips. I was just having a conversation the other day about trying those out. The person was telling me the same thing as you in regards to it helping to cool it down slightly, and they also mentioned that it will keep any "sputters" from hitting your mouth if/when they happen. I think you just helped convince me to give them a try at least. I like the mini torch comparison as well. That's perfect. lol

wheelie
07-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Got my first one from Canvape. Number 4. The one with a bend in it. Got 4 more coming from FastTech. It is the only tip I have been using the past 3 months. Yes I have a Rocket in 1.2ohms and it spits juice in my mouth without a long tip. Even fits in my monster 30ml Kayfun I see.

https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TBSSDT

HabsFan
07-15-2014, 02:43 PM
I like the look of that. Canvape is actually where I just placed my order for the Seven22 and stuff. I'll have to start checking out some long tips now.

Wow! The Seven22 + 26650 KFL + long tip = One major sized rocket of a device. lol

I'm going to have to try that set up on mine to see for myself. :)

wheelie
07-15-2014, 02:57 PM
When you pay all that money we want to make sure people can see it! Soon you will even become a Toronto Maple Leaf fan! LOL

HabsFan
07-15-2014, 04:55 PM
That's a good point, and having an 15" mod will certainly make sure they see it :)

I like watching my team in the playoffs too much to become a Leafs fan. lol

NobleVape
07-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Both are a great choice but the look of the Seven-22 is just sleek and classic IMO.

If you needed the extra power then I see why the 30 would make sense but realistically if you aren't seven-22 all day!!!

HabsFan
07-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Both are a great choice but the look of the Seven-22 is just sleek and classic IMO.

If you needed the extra power then I see why the 30 would make sense but realistically if you aren't seven-22 all day!!!

Thanks. I actually received the Seven22 about a week ago now for some of the reasons that you pointed out. I'm loving the device, and have been putting it through it's paces. I'm planning on a writing up a short review on the device(short since there are so many out there already on this device), as well as some e-juices from a few vendors that I've been trying out this week, and the Aerotank Giant. Been super busy with work lately, so I'm hoping to get the review done and posted this coming week. :)

NobleVape
07-27-2014, 02:29 AM
Thanks. I actually received the Seven22 about a week ago now for some of the reasons that you pointed out. I'm loving the device, and have been putting it through it's paces. I'm planning on a writing up a short review on the device(short since there are so many out there already on this device), as well as some e-juices from a few vendors that I've been trying out this week, and the Aerotank Giant. Been super busy with work lately, so I'm hoping to get the review done and posted this coming week. :)

I own the Seven-22 as well and it's on rotation as my primary pick most of the time.

Make sure you post up the review!

>