PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a new regulated mod

TreasureShopper
06-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Hey guys, wound up with the button issue on my SVD. It sometimes fires, then it doesn't, then it turns off, then it fires if I find the sweet spot. Of course, Slowtech will ship me another one, but I don't really want to be stuck with another lemon.

I've got a Vela clone coming to the door in a couple of days, and I have a Vamo V5 in the case at the shop, but after having threading issues I'm not only leery of using it for myself, I'm more cautious of selling someone a faulty device. The threads look better on this one, probably stainless rather than the brass from the first one I have.

Anyway, I've got my VTR running now, chimney installed and the Russian on top. It looks like a mutant MVP, but it's getting the job done for now.

My question to you is this: If you could have any regulated mod on the market right now, bearing in mind form and function, what would it be?

oncesubtile
06-30-2014, 10:28 PM
I hear you. The iTaste SVD is the one with the SX200 chip. Mine never worked from the start and I believe others have had problems as well. My MVP works well but the power button is way too hard to press-- it takes too much concentration every time I want to suck it. I'm staying away from Innokin and would choose anything but.

edit...The Provari works well, and as it should, but I wish I could get more power out of it.

18Wheels
06-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, wound up with the button issue on my SVD. It sometimes fires, then it doesn't, then it turns off, then it fires if I find the sweet spot. Of course, Slowtech will ship me another one, but I don't really want to be stuck with another lemon.

I've got a Vela clone coming to the door in a couple of days, and I have a Vamo V5 in the case at the shop, but after having threading issues I'm not only leery of using it for myself, I'm more cautious of selling someone a faulty device. The threads look better on this one, probably stainless rather than the brass from the first one I have.

Anyway, I've got my VTR running now, chimney installed and the Russian on top. It looks like a mutant MVP, but it's getting the job done for now.

My question to you is this: If you could have any regulated mod on the market right now, bearing in mind form and function, what would it be?

If your happy with Kayfuns and any other atty that works well above 1 ohm, you can't go wrong with a Provari. Its the last stop in reliable vape.:)

TreasureShopper
06-30-2014, 10:42 PM
I've been tossing the idea around, it is the #1 recommended reg mod. I'm going to wait and see what I think about the Vela first, then buy something I suppose.

18Wheels
06-30-2014, 10:55 PM
I hear you. The iTaste SVD is the one with the SX200 chip. Mine never worked from the start and I believe others have had problems as well. My MVP works well but the power button is way too hard to press-- it takes too much concentration every time I want to suck it. I'm staying away from Innokin and would choose anything but.

edit...The Provari works well, and as it should, but I wish I could get more power out of it.
Your wish might come true by the end of this year, as everybody is waiting with anticipation of the pt3

LesVegas
07-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Provape has the basic satin silver provari in the clearance section for USD $130. Not sure if they have ever had it that low before. Also, I just purchased a Vaporshark dna20 box mod for USD $120 less 10% JULY4 coupon. This is a dna20 board in the dna30 casing.

Either way, the provari and dna boards are in a different league than the chinese stuff for regulated vaping, not only for reliability but also vape quality. Although, apparently the 7-22 mod and sigelei 20 are said to be quite good too and readily available from Canadian vendors.

coleylikesbacon
07-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Loved my Provari, but lately my primary is an Hcigar/Cana DNA20. I've got a couple Kick's and a Kick2 on standby for my mechs too.

>