PDA

View Full Version : Eh Pro Kayfun Lite Plus

Sluggo
06-11-2014, 05:08 PM
So I finally got myself something new to tool around with instead of the mini protank 2, I enjoy this item a lot but have found it to be very quirky and needy. Is it safe to say the coils should only be built vertical perpendicular to the posts and never horizontally because I was getting nonstop dry hits horizontally, or is a chimney build best. Also can this handle 26 gauge kanthal, those posts seem quite tiny, I'm using 28 now and it's fine but I do want to make a 1 ohm coil with more wraps than I am now which is 6 with a 3/32, also is 1 ohm the lowest I should go with this item or are the high decimals possible?

And finally, is there a practical way to get this thing to stop whistling? I read the reason why it whistles is because the airhole is drilled straight in instead of on an angle like the russian 91. Between this and the clone nemesis with its tricky easy to seize threads I am feeling more and more like a grizzled veteran every day, at least I can chain vape this thing now, it's not fun having to prime it before every vape and can be rather discouraging.

Also I wanted to say and forgot, I boiled some organic cotton in some twice boiled Calgary tap water, not optimal but I wasn't in the mood to go buy distilled. I do notice a flavour increase and just a better vaping experience. Should I consider going that extra step of buying another $2 dollar bag of organic cotton and a jug of distilled water or fuck it?

bcameron
06-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Do a horizontal coil. Less cotton then you think and don't put cotton in the juice channels, the ends should stay on deck. Kayfun's do not do well sub-ohm. Bad for the insulators and not enough airflow. They do best >1.2ohm. The Russian whistles as well. It was on e of the issues pbrusardo had with both the Russian and original Kayfun Lite and shows it in one of his reviews. My eHpro only whistles at certain airflow setting so I just adjust it a bit and it doesn't whistle. You can get enough wraps no problem but I would suggest first trying 28g at 8 or 9 wraps over 1.5mm ID.

- - - Updated - - -

As for cotton just get organic and forget the boiling.

Sluggo
06-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Do a horizontal coil. Less cotton then you think and don't put cotton in the juice channels, the ends should stay on deck. Kayfun's do not do well sub-ohm. Bad for the insulators and not enough airflow. They do best >1.2ohm. The Russian whistles as well. It was on e of the issues pbrusardo had with both the Russian and original Kayfun Lite and shows it in one of his reviews. My eHpro only whistles at certain airflow setting so I just adjust it a bit and it doesn't whistle. You can get enough wraps no problem but I would suggest first trying 28g at 8 or 9 wraps over 1.5mm ID.

- - - Updated - - -

As for cotton just get organic and forget the boiling.

Ok I'll do that. So here's where I reveal ignorance on vaping, is sub-ohm anything below 1.0? I always thought it was like negative 0.0 or something. I just want to get it to heat up nice and quick around 1-1.2 and with as many coils as possible so I can take a quick 2 second draw and be happy. Thanks for the heads up.

anxdiety
06-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Less is definitely more when it comes to the Kayfun and wicking it. Check out: http://imgur.com/a/zeCJY I use much less than what is shown but a very similar method. I cut the cotton just so it only reached the deck, wet it and stick it to the wall. The key is you must keep those juice channels clear for proper wicking.

There's two ways of fixing the whistle. First method is to use a piece of scotch tape and just pop a toothpick through it. The other is to bevel the edges of the air hole. Either method works as it breaks the air coming in and out and the whoo whoo goes away. I also noticed the whistle is only there if I take a strong draw. If I take a slow draw it's not there. I've now taken to using the whistle as a way of training myself to draw slower.

larktdl
06-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Sluggo ,,, since you are in Calgary you should make your way to http://reduxvapers.com/ The B & M just opened.

I am sure Jason will be more than happy to help you out.

"In the store, we also have a rebuilding station and we can help you build your very first coil"

#4, 4639 6 Street NE
Calgary Alberta

bcameron
06-12-2014, 05:10 AM
Ok I'll do that. So here's where I reveal ignorance on vaping, is sub-ohm anything below 1.0? I always thought it was like negative 0.0 or something. I just want to get it to heat up nice and quick around 1-1.2 and with as many coils as possible so I can take a quick 2 second draw and be happy. Thanks for the heads up.

Yes sub-ohm is <1ohm. 28g single coil heats up pretty quickly. Everybodys preferences are slightly different when it comes to resistance. Even for me it depends on the juice I am vaping. Some juices I might prefer on a 1.2ohm coil and some on 1.4 or 1.6. Play around with and find what you like best. The suggestion I gave earlier should give you around 1.2-1.3ohms.

Sluggo
06-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Sluggo ,,, since you are in Calgary you should make your way to http://reduxvapers.com/ The B & M just opened.

I am sure Jason will be more than happy to help you out.

"In the store, we also have a rebuilding station and we can help you build your very first coil"

#4, 4639 6 Street NE
Calgary Alberta

That's where I bought all the gear, great place and already had him help me with the nemesis but wanted to build on my coil experience solo, I've pretty much sorted out what was wrong and went last night and today at 1.1 without a dry hit. Still feel like I can do it better though, just not sure where yet so I'll keep asking random ignorant questions and reading the google search results until I either destroy it by tinkering or buy a better piece.

>