PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Rebuildable from Canvape

wheelie
04-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Ordered a Rocket Rebuildable Atomizer Kayfun 3.1 Clone from Canvape. Got a Russian 91 and two Kayfun clones coming from FastTech in a month or two and just can't wait to further my build coils and wicks learning.

Rocket Rebuildable Kayfun Svoe Mesto 3.1 Clone

1. Replaceable heating coil 2. Adjustable airflow 3. Increased capacity 4. Automatic Wicking 5. Quality design and manufacture

Each set includes: Complete atomizer: 1pc Hexagonal screwdriver: 1 pc M2.5*4 screw: 4pcs M1.6*2 screw: 4pcs Heating coil: 1 pc Cross screwdriver: 1 pc Glass fiber rope: 1 pc Instruction book : 1 pc

Thread: 510/eGo Material: Copper/Chrome capacity: 5ml colour: Chrome/Clear

Anyone have a Rocket Rebuildable Atomizer Kayfun 3.1 and what do you think about it?

shady
04-09-2014, 04:42 PM
I got one and have noticed a few things. It whistles and can be annoying. The small oring that sits it the top cap and seals on the chimney keeps falling out so you have to make sure it doesn't disappear down the drain. I seem to get juice up in the drip tip but that could just be the way I built the coil. Haven't used the bottom fill hole but have heard that it rusts. All in all I find it ok for what I paid but have nothing to compare it to neither.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

mantiz
04-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I have a rocket and use it daily. HOWEVER...
A few issues.
Filling the device with the fill hole is a real pain in the butt. After learning how to properly fill the unit from the top everything was fine until the top o-ring would not stay in place anymore. A good fix was to use the rubber insulator from a PT-2 head and stuff it in the top cap hole. All good now.
Also, it does not have a standard 510 drip tip like a kayfun lite+

It is not nearly as good as a real kayfun but it has a descent vape once it's set up properly.

HEY I vape
04-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Just ordered the cloen fro CV..hope I can do it...first time

larktdl
04-09-2014, 04:49 PM
I have a Russian 91% clone from FT and comparing it to my original Russian 91% ,,, well there is no comparison. The clones do work, you just need to know what to do to it to make it work properly 90% of the time. The biggest problem with the Russian clone is the air flow control sucks big time. Read through this thread for tips ...

http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/threads/7522-Russian-91-Tips?highlight=russian

HEY I vape
04-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Ummm any tips for a Kayfun clone?

wheelie
04-09-2014, 05:04 PM
I honestly don't see anything beating myKanger Protank2's with air control valves that I now rebuild with cotton. Got extra rubbers and seals for them. Got them down to a science now. Going to replace all my Iclear30 and 30S's that are way to difficult to rebuild. Iclear30 is like sucking a golf ball through a straw. LOL

shady
04-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Ummm any tips for a Kayfun clone?

Watch you tube videos on how to set up the coil and where to place the wicks for proper wicking. I find the silica builds easier when just starting out. First build I did was called the figure eight (pbusardo video) I think then tried the navy nest method also. Its been a while but I think that shiuld get you a good start

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

HEY I vape
04-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks Shady...I started with Grimmgreen...that's what got me interested...youtube here I come

wheelie
04-11-2014, 04:28 AM
First Rocket Rebuildable Atomizer Kayfun 3.1 Clone coming today. Looking forward to vapemail. Feel like a kid at Christmas. Throw my IClear30 in the old bone can. LOL Never buy another head that can not be rebuilt. :) :) Ordered two more from a cheaper source for my kids. I am so done buying coils for everyone in my household.

wheelie
04-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Got my Rocket cleaned it and filled it up. I had no problem filling it throw the filler hole. Took out the air screw completely and I must say I am pretty impressed with it running the stock coil. I know I can make it even better. Fits my Itaste SVD perfectly. Think maybe I found a head that will be as equal as my Protank2 with adjustable air flow valve. Want to stay with rebuildables. I concider my Protank2 as rebuildables.

wheelie
04-12-2014, 06:16 AM
Used the stock coil 1.9 ohms that came in my Rocket yesterday. This morning took coil out and it had 4 wraps around wick and three wraps around the screws. Made a wick from silica and seven 30 K A1 wraps 1.5 ohms around wick and one around each screw. Wicking well and even more vapor and taste. Screws are tiny but don't seem to be a problem. Lots of spares. Turned out pretty well for the first coil. Filing is no problem through the fill hole if you do it slow. In order to fill it works best if you close off air hole and then fill it through filler hole and then I take screw from air hole and install it in the filler hole. I run the air wide open on all my heads. Tried filing it from the top last night but ended up flooding it and had to clean it out and fill from the bottom. For filing from bottom and not even a hit of flooding. All is done on a Itaste SVD. Size must be a 22mm as it lines up perfectly on a SVD. More as I use it over the weeks. Pretty inpressed so far with it.

That_Guy
04-13-2014, 04:48 PM
If you want to fill it through the top.. plug the air hole with your thumb until the top cap is back on... give it a couple turns so the threads catch, then invert the whole thing- unplug the air hole and snug down the top cap. As others have said, watch out for the little o ring at the top of the chimney... I lost mine, and because it is a stupid one off size- no other o rings I have fit it exactly right.

HEY I vape
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Mine is starting to leak from the damn air hole...shelved for the night

That_Guy
04-13-2014, 05:01 PM
There is a quick fix for that bud.... turn the whole thing upside down, let the juice flow away from the bottom (now at the top), and blow through the drip tip. This will blow all the excess juice out of the chamber through the air hole. Make sure the air hole is pointed away from you so you don't blow juice on your face. I usually just hold a tissue close to the air hole. The whole process takes about ten seconds and you will be back in business

wheelie
04-13-2014, 05:07 PM
I have a better idea. I got some bottles of juice and they have that tall cap. The spouts on the bottles are round and thin about 1/2 inch long. it goes in the fill hole perfectly and tight, squeeze the bottle and you can fill it right to the top in less than 4 seconds and no leaking at all. Works like a million bucks. Fill with a needle, tank has to be empty and filled as high as you can without stopping. Let air in and you are beat and they will leak. I was getting around to post what I found on day two and a morning of frustration. Got it figured out now but I want to vape the whole tank and then I will try partial tanks.

But thanks for you instructions in case mine starts sometime I will try that. CHEERS!

HEY I vape
04-13-2014, 05:09 PM
There is a quick fix for that bud.... turn the whole thing upside down, let the juice flow away from the bottom (now at the top), and blow through the drip tip. This will blow all the excess juice out of the chamber through the air hole. Make sure the air hole is pointed away from you so you don't blow juice on your face. I usually just hold a tissue close to the air hole. The whole process takes about ten seconds and you will be back in business

took apart the coil...re-start tomorrow...

That_Guy
04-13-2014, 05:43 PM
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/fly4awhiteguy1/2014-04-13213953_zps7166ec9b.png
this is not my build, it is however relevant to my interests. Mabey yours as well.

HEY I vape
04-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Damn.......

- - - Updated - - -

took apart the coil...re-start tomorrow...

BTW when I did that the juice ran down the drip tip in to my mouth lol. I think I used too much cotton on the second wick

Thanks though will keep that in mind

That_Guy
04-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Second wick? Are you running dual coils?
and yes... if its really flooded sometimes it will get in your mouth.. I just do a quick spit and rinse.

That_Guy
04-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Im gunna hijack this thread for a moment and post some pics. This is how I wick my kayfuns. I have never had an issue aside from human error the odd time.
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/fly4awhiteguy1/20140405_191425_zpsbff0592e.jpg
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/fly4awhiteguy1/20140405_191514_zps6e4c7952.jpg
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/fly4awhiteguy1/20140405_191230_zpse3647ada.jpg
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/fly4awhiteguy1/20140405_191148_zpsf18590fb.jpg

Yup.... and they are out of order [facepalm] bottom two should be at the top.

18Wheels
04-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Im gunna hijack this thread for a moment and post some pics. This is how I wick my kayfuns. I have never had an issue aside from human error the odd time.
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/fly4awhiteguy1/20140405_191425_zpsbff0592e.jpg
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/fly4awhiteguy1/20140405_191514_zps6e4c7952.jpg
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/fly4awhiteguy1/20140405_191230_zpse3647ada.jpg
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/fly4awhiteguy1/20140405_191148_zpsf18590fb.jpg

Yup.... and they are out of order [facepalm] bottom two should be at the top.

That's Perfect, The 1st picture is how your wick should be.

For the top cap o-ring problem, (for this particular rocket clone only) clean and dry the recess and the o-ring, put a tiny bead of cyanoacrylate glue inside the outer edge of the recess and quickly press in the o-ring and apply pressure with your thumb for 30 sec. Then let it cure for 24 hrs. It will turn into an inert plastic impervious to juice or leaching. this way the o-ring will become a permanent part of the top cap and won't fall out. I prefer to fill mine from the top cap, this way I don't have to carry around screw drivers,allan wrenches etc.:)

wheelie
04-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Well took a few days to put the rocket through every situation and I must say I am very impressed. Can fill it in 4 seconds flat with the full 5ml. I use the long spouts that come on some of the bottles of juice. Ordered 10 more long spouts from FastTech. Fill from the fill hole in seconds and not loose a drop. Love the head so much I bought 2 more from e5cigs here on this forum. Best head I have used. Have not had a single gurgle since I learned to fill it proper. I have dropped it twice at work once on concrete and sat on it and all is fine. I would recommend this head to any one without a problem but it is a bit of work if you don't fill it right. CHEERS!

wheelie
04-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Well peeps I lost the rubber that fits up in the cap. Must have washed down the sink. After over an hour of tring every o-ring in the house an idea popped into my head. Went into my sons room and got an o-ring out of one of his tattoo needles which attaches to his tattoo gun. Fits absolutely Perfect. Take off the drip cap and put it up through the bottom and it even locks in place. Then install drip tip back in. If you loose that rubber head to your local tattoo shop and ask them for a couple rubbers off the tattoo needles. They will know exaclly what you are talking about. Need a couple I can mail you out a couple also. Seals it up perfectly. Actually better than the stock one because it locks in the hole.

HEY I vape
04-20-2014, 07:01 AM
wheelie lmao Canvape replaced the Rocket and it still won't work properly. Looking forward to the model fro JGvapes...the Rocket leaks like a SOB

bcameron
04-20-2014, 08:59 AM
When dealing with clones make sure you read the reviews for the specific clone. The rocket has gotten bad reviews. I usually stock to hcigar because they have great quality control and to be as 1:1 copy as possible. There are some other manufacturers that are good as well and some that are hit and miss. Key point is search for reviews first.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

wheelie
04-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Mine has been working excellent. First I had to learn to fill it properly. Once you get that down pat you are off and running. Now I got a top seal and put it through its paces. Even dropped my mod this morning and not a single leak. I have been leaving it upside down and shaking it trying to get it to leak and it has not. Rubber has been working out perfect. I like the rockets but saying that, it was a lot of trial and error in getting it to work excellent and figuring out why it does what. Certainly not a head for someone with no knowledge and ability to get things worked out.

HEY I vape
04-20-2014, 11:35 AM
wheelie tried another coil...working well now

wheelie
04-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Next I will try cotton one day. Use silica wick mostly except in my Protank heads.

darthvaper14
05-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Next I will try cotton one day. Use silica wick mostly except in my Protank heads.

cotton :tears_of_joy:

wheelie
05-04-2014, 02:36 AM
I have 3 Rockets and they work better than my Kayfun's. Cotton in the Rockets but when you get down to 1 ohm they pop on startup and spit a drop of juice in the mouth. They got a screw in drip tip so a new drip tip is unlikely. They are my favorite head though. Possibly the juice I am running in the low ohms build as well. I take out the secondary air screw right out on them all. I love the air flow on them. I hate a head that you have to suck a golf ball through a straw feeling. CHEERS!

HEY I vape
05-16-2014, 09:14 AM
wheelie since I changed from the Rocket to the E.S. clone at Canvape it's night & day...the Rocket sits where I left it lol

wheelie
05-16-2014, 04:25 PM
I have a ES Svoe Mesto Clone. Hate the air hole. Can't seem to get it right. Seems to readjust all on its own from vaping. Tried different drip tips and different coils. Just can't seem to get consistent vape from it. My Rockets seem to vape the same every vape at around 1.4 ohms.

HEY I vape
05-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Wish you were closer...we could switch lol

wheelie
05-16-2014, 06:26 PM
But it looks cool. I use it and see how it works after it ages. Maybe aging it will improve. Have it on my Seven22 and my wife calls it "The Empire State Building". Broke one Rocket the other day when I dropped it. Tank broke. Broke 2 drippers as well. Kinda done with clones now and want authentic. Buy less but better. CHEERS!

>