PDA

View Full Version : MPV v2 question.

Anonymous
03-29-2014, 07:29 PM
First night with the mpv v2.. I guess you could call it a mod.. Box mod.. Whatever. Moderators, please feel free to move this where it needs to.

I know this features VV/VW, but does it do both at the same time. Each one is adjustable of the other. But Im not an expert at Ohm's law, but something tells me if you have.. oh.. say.. a 2ohm coil at 3.5volts and 10w... Something doesnt add up. 10w at 2 ohm would be around... 4.6v...

So logic would imply that you can modify one or the other. Voltage or wattage, whatever scale you want to do it in. Am I right, or am I on glue?

So if your used to using watts on your mod, you would adjust using the watt scale and the mvp will adjust the voltage to suit, and if your used to voltage, it will adjust the wattage to make that voltage.

Am I on the right track here?

sashdropper
03-29-2014, 07:54 PM
First night with the mpv v2.. I guess you could call it a mod.. Box mod.. Whatever. Moderators, please feel free to move this where it needs to.

I know this features VV/VW, but does it do both at the same time. Each one is adjustable of the other. But Im not an expert at Ohm's law, but something tells me if you have.. oh.. say.. a 2ohm coil at 3.5volts and 10w... Something doesnt add up. 10w at 2 ohm would be around... 4.6v...

So logic would imply that you can modify one or the other. Voltage or wattage, whatever scale you want to do it in. Am I right, or am I on glue?

So if your used to using watts on your mod, you would adjust using the watt scale and the mvp will adjust the voltage to suit, and if your used to voltage, it will adjust the wattage to make that voltage.

Am I on the right track here?

You are correct. The watts and volts are separate. You run whatever mode you choose and that is all. It does all the magic voodoo for you.

Anonymous
03-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Ah-ha.. So its simply two different scales of measurement to suit whatever the user enjoys. Ha-ha.. Thats what I suspected. :) Thanks!

oncesubtile
03-29-2014, 08:38 PM
That's what Dr.Tongue told me today about my new iTaste SVD. The volts and watts are independent, just pick whichever one you prefer.
I guess they both work the same way, but different....(independently).:der:

ronjamesmajor
03-29-2014, 09:20 PM
For sure. It's all user preference.

The reason there is both is I guess just so you can choose but the wattage setting is supposed to (in theory) give you the same vape regardless of what attached tank or atomizer you have on top.
For instance if you like a cartomizer tank of yours at 9 watts, the theory is you'll also enjoy your 2 ohm clearomizer at the same wattage because it's always giving you the same "power".

Where as voltage alone - if you like your carto tank at 3.7 volts, you may have to adjust that 2 ohm clearomizer up to around 4.3 to get a satisfying vape from it.

It's supposed to kind of take a bit of the guess work out of it adjusting your power all the time.

It works pretty well for the most part, but you may still have to do some fiddling.

Anonymous
03-30-2014, 07:10 AM
Thats allright by me. I rather enjoy the fiddling. And Ive noticed that the amount of wattage I like is varied depending on the flavor.

Brewer
03-30-2014, 07:45 AM
Thats allright by me. I rather enjoy the fiddling. And Ive noticed that the amount of wattage I like is varied depending on the flavor.

its impressive, isn't it.

HEY I vape
03-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Ahhhh the VV VW gotta love that change from the normal eGo

>