PDA

View Full Version : Size matters

Bidslayer
02-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Get your mind out of the gutters.

I'm not particularly interested in more "girlie" looking vape gear - no bejeweling for me, geeky is good. :) One thing that I have found is that the size of some of the mods is a pain in the butt. At times I feel like I'm carrying a baton when I've got my Twist with a T2/T3 and half expect a marching band to queue up behind me, and when I'm at home, the Provari works like a charm, but I find it gets heavy if I've settled in for an evening of chain vaping in front of the tv or while reading a book.

I just got a Tesla and the new VV Esco battery and I'm actually finding that they both work great from an ergonomics perpective. Although the Tesla is "big" (and looks like a space age vibrator), the sort of triangualar design and ribbing (for the vaper's pleasure), makes quite comfortable to hold and less likely to get dropped. It's also not as heavy as the Provari but still feels like it is solid and well constructed. For an "around town" e-cig, the Esco battery fits really comfortably in my hand - also without the chances of slipping - and isn't quite as noticable as my Twist.

empiricist
02-03-2013, 07:01 AM
I think that's something that's missing from the market today. There doesn't seem to be anyone trying to cater to the stealth vaper...at least not with a mod that's falls into the affordable range. I know of the Precise from Super T, but ~135 british pounds is a ridiculous price to pay for an 18350 mechanical mod.

I would really love to see someone put out a single 18350 kickable mod. A simple tube, a short throw bottom firing switch painted/powder coated black. I figure it would be possible to put all that into a 6cm or so, form factor. The battery probably would last too long, a few hours at most but I would rather carry a few spares than look like I'm pulling out a weapon just to have a vape.

Stinky Canuck
02-03-2013, 07:03 AM
The eVic with the short tube is a great size I think. I found the original unit too big for me.

Stinky Canuck
02-03-2013, 07:05 AM
It's about the size of the provari mini

Bidslayer
02-03-2013, 07:31 AM
It's about the size of the provari mini

When I got my Provari, I considered the mini - but smaller usually means less battery time and since I was going to use it for home vaping, I figured I'd go for the biggun.

Watching the You Tubes and reading the reviews, I didn't have a good understanding of how big/heavy different batteries would be or that it would make a difference. Now, I'm not saying I've got tiny, wimpy hands and wrists - but I remember being at a vapemeet and I handed a mod to a guy beside me and it pretty much disappeared in his hand where as it was a perfect fit for me. I do know that when I watched/read reviews on the Gripper VV, the big complaint was that it didn't fit in the reviewers hands well and they had to kind of hold it backwards to hit the button comfortably. For me ... perfect fit. :) I've learned to pay a bit more attention to the form factor, cause at heart I really am a lazy vaper.

Bidslayer
02-03-2013, 07:39 AM
I think that's something that's missing from the market today. There doesn't seem to be anyone trying to cater to the stealth vaper...at least not with a mod that's falls into the affordable range. I know of the Precise from Super T, but ~135 british pounds is a ridiculous price to pay for an 18350 mechanical mod.

I would really love to see someone put out a single 18350 kickable mod. A simple tube, a short throw bottom firing switch painted/powder coated black. I figure it would be possible to put all that into a 6cm or so, form factor. The battery probably would last too long, a few hours at most but I would rather carry a few spares than look like I'm pulling out a weapon just to have a vape.

I'm not as concerned with stealth - I'm not vaping in places I shouldn't be. But the odd looks I get from vaping while walking to work are something I'd rather avoid. I've got about two or three inches of red or blue Twist sticking out from the bottom and a tank or clearo sticking out the top ... add the clouds of vaper over my head and I've had a few sidelong looks. :)

I suppose its the triple constraint of vaping - Vape time vs mod/battery size vs vape quality (power/oomph). I want them all, but sadly, I think I have to pick two out of three. I tend to go for vape time (because I hate carrying spares) and power/oomph (non VV and even the Twists don't seem to give me the same vape as at tube mod). When I find something that delivers all three in a reasonable manner, I'm happy.

Nubbie
02-03-2013, 08:49 AM
My out and about vape is the Reo. http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=11

It's a mechanical mod, unless you get the VV version. I have med size hands and the Grand fits nicely. As it's a bottom feeder you can carry about 6 ml's of juice and 18650 battery. All you need to do is add a small carto on top and your good to go for a couple of days.

samreddevilz
05-14-2013, 01:25 AM
I also agree, Size does matter.Those long or heavy size are very painful to handle.I like the small and thin size.thanks.

>