PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a regulated mod

BX fan
03-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Does anyone have any opinions/advice on a good regulated mod? I have a couple of Innokin iTaste vv 3ís and would like to step up to more battery power. Donít mean to sound like Goldilocks, but Iím not seeing a clear winner so far. Iím used to a 3 button apv, but the Tesla, SVD, SID & Vamo are on the large side, and Iím not sure about the durability of the Evic. Also the SVD only goes down to 3.3 volts and the rest go to 3. The Sigelei & Smoktech Zmaxes are smaller and Sigelei has the OLED screen, but is 1 button a pain? I like the convenience of being able to easily adjust voltage.

Iím not looking at mech mods because the only advantage is sub ohm Ė is that correct? So far I tend to like my juice at around 3.4 volts so sub ohm would be no advantage? Plus are regulated generally safer? Any help would be appreciated!

DWDawg
03-17-2014, 06:01 AM
If all you want is more battery life get a MVP I love mine. Lasts 2 days

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

CK47
03-17-2014, 06:20 AM
The Evic is a decent mode but not what I'd call durable. I have an SVD which in 18350 mode is smaller than the Evic and I'd say 10x more durable. The MVPv2 seems to be the choice of alot of people and I have tried a friends seems to work well but I personally perfer the tube style. Vw are safer than mech because they have short circuit protection. Though a mech with a kick installed will work almost the same but I don't know it they'll go as low as you like.

katmandu
03-17-2014, 07:37 AM
A one button mod is only a pita if you are constantly wanting to change up the voltage or whatever's. If you vape everything at 3.4 then I think once you got it set where you want then you only have to fuss with it to turn it off and on.

Unfortunately there are no small batteries with bigger power, unless you think that a vision spinner at 1300 mah will do the trick and it has the variable voltage dial on the bottom.

All of the mods you have mentioned have good points and not so good points - it's a question of whether or not you like it.

I have an evic and a svd and I like them both, but I don't use them every day. My MVP is my every day, take everywhere mod.

And yes, in my opinion, a regulated battery device is safer. You can use a mechanical safely, don't get me wrong, but there is a larger learning curve to making sure that you know what you are doing.

I have nothing but respect for those who are knowledgeable in the care and feeding of their mechanical mods - I own 1 and I still haven't used it as I don't feel I know enough to use it safely.

drtongue96
03-17-2014, 07:42 AM
a 1300mah spinner/twist etc does meet your requirements. If you don't mind the box mod, mvp even better.

wheelie
03-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Or be like me and buy everything. This sport is not cheap! LOL

BX fan
03-17-2014, 08:06 AM
a 1300mah spinner/twist etc does meet your requirements. If you don't mind the box mod, mvp even better.

I'm not opposed to the box, but trying to think ahead, the mvp, like the iTaste vv3 is a throwaway when it starts losing it's charging ability?

drtongue96
03-17-2014, 08:15 AM
I'm not opposed to the box, but trying to think ahead, the mvp, like the iTaste vv3 is a throwaway when it starts losing it's charging ability?

Yes, it is. But I bet you would bust it some other way before it loses it's charging ability. I had mine since middle of last summer, and I busted the 510 connection on it (my fault) a few weeks ago (I'm still going to get it fixed as it still worked good and the battery was still way more long-lasting than any 18650 battery). There are mods like the Provari that WILL outlast an mvp,svd, evic etc... if you don't mind carrying around extra batteries, it still won't last as long as a mvp on one battery, maybe two high mah 18650, but it's still pretty long with 18650. I have an 18350 Provari (the mini), and I like it, but the battery life is terrible, my spinners last way longer.

Vape for today, not too far ahead tomorrow. A year ago, the Vivi Nova was the shit, since then, 5 types of protanks, dual coil, box mods, nautilus, other aspires, dna30. Who knows where we will be a year from now? 1 year from now the MVP 8 will be out with 10,000mAh and the Nautilus will like a ce4.
(i'm sort of joking). Anyways, I've sold about 40 mvp's and not one complaint, it's the best bang for buck (don't need to buy a charger or batteries, safe, passthrough, cellphone charger), cheap like borscht too.

BX fan
03-17-2014, 08:35 AM
If you don't mind the box mod, mvp even better.

I'm seeing a smaller volt/wattage range on the mvp. 3.3-5 volts versus all others at 3 to 6. 6 to 11 watts versus 3 to 15.

katmandu
03-17-2014, 09:35 AM
I'm seeing a smaller volt/wattage range on the mvp. 3.3-5 volts versus all others at 3 to 6. 6 to 11 watts versus 3 to 15.

Why do you need such a range? You said in your OP that you vape at 3.4 volts. Are you switching to something else that will require 6 volts?

Amnion
03-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Have a look at the Safe Vape Chart (http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/threads/2402-Great-chart-for-those-getting-into-variable-voltage-and-different-resistances). Now I know this is a conservative guideline only, and many vape well into the red zone, but
it is a good reference. You didn't mention what toppers you're using, but if they're regular clearos, cartos etc. 1.5 - 3 ohms or so,
you can see that the MVP topping at 11 watts is no problem. On the chart, 10 watts is always in the red zone.

I have an MVP and highly recommend it. Good price point, great battery life, you can use it while it's recharging, no outlay for good batteries/charger.
I also keep my spinner and a few egos charged and topped for flavour changes.

BX fan
03-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Why do you need such a range? You said in your OP that you vape at 3.4 volts. Are you switching to something else that will require 6 volts?

I'm still learning Kat, so it's not need as of today anyway. No stores whatsoever in my province, not even many vapers here, so i'm going purely on manufacturer specs and what i pick up here. I've read about others using higher voltages and wonder if it's aquired taste or something i haven't even discovered yet - like dripping - ( 1st drip tip is on the way). So you do have a good question - does anybody need 6 volts?

katmandu
03-17-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm still learning Kat, so it's not need as of today anyway. No stores whatsoever in my province, not even many vapers here, so i'm going purely on manufacturer specs and what i pick up here. I've read about others using higher voltages and wonder if it's aquired taste or something i haven't even discovered yet - like dripping - ( 1st drip tip is on the way). So you do have a good question - does anybody need 6 volts?

I hope you hang out on youtube too. There are a lot of great reviews by our own Mindfield, Grimm Green, PBusuardo, and others that can help you understand what is what with devices.

I find with voltage and wattage it is up to the user. I find that if I play with going up a bit at a time until I find the atty is performing great and making lots of vapor without tasting burnt then I'm good. I don't worry so much about numbers as I do about performance, although I will tell you that with most of the atties I use, I am anywhere in the 3.7 to 4.2 voltage range. That's just where they seem to work well for me. :)

You didn't say what kind of atomizer, cartomizer, tankomizer, clearomizer you are using. What are you using? And do you know how many ohms they are? By that I mean are they 1.8, or 2.4 or ? Knowing what you are using would really help us to help you. :D

EP3RR
03-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Just get a DNA30 mod and be done with it.

BX fan
03-17-2014, 01:13 PM
I hope you hang out on youtube too. There are a lot of great reviews by our own Mindfield, Grimm Green, PBusuardo, and others that can help you understand what is what with devices.

I find with voltage and wattage it is up to the user. I find that if I play with going up a bit at a time until I find the atty is performing great and making lots of vapor without tasting burnt then I'm good. I don't worry so much about numbers as I do about performance, although I will tell you that with most of the atties I use, I am anywhere in the 3.7 to 4.2 voltage range. That's just where they seem to work well for me. :)

You didn't say what kind of atomizer, cartomizer, tankomizer, clearomizer you are using. What are you using? And do you know how many ohms they are? By that I mean are they 1.8, or 2.4 or ? Knowing what you are using would really help us to help you. :D

I’ve been checking out some Youtube vids – Mindfield and PBusario are great. Using basic clearos with standard stock coils – usually 2.2 on iClears, Vivi Novas, Evods and MT3’s, and was waiting to upgrade the apv before investing in some better ones. I find Evods more consistent by far. I seem to like the juice cooler than most I guess, which is why I’m running 3.7 volts and below. So far it’s getting me 4-5 weeks on a typical coil.

cardocter
03-30-2014, 12:59 PM
You are right about the Evic . It is a cheap piece of garbage.The Provari was OK until the button stopped working and their customer service stinks. MVP has been great and takes abuse.Still after 9 months of being in my steady rotation the charge lasts a day and a half(not bad for a $40 mod) Just started using a DNA30 mod I picked up yesterday and I absolutlly am impressed. I don't care so much to use the 30 A limit but 20 is nice for sub-ohm dripping so the extra 10 is cake.The real reason I picked it up is the 2800 mAh Lipos in it.Chain vaped all day yesterday and it didn't even drop a bar on the power meter.Bottom line is if you want something right now,buy a MVP otherwise wait a few months and buy a mod with a DNA chipset.They are about to get real cheap and plentiful

oncesubtile
03-30-2014, 04:15 PM
BXfan, I might as well tell you about my limited and latest experiences. I've just graduated from 13oo mah vv spinners with kanger t3s and iClear 16 clearos to a 3400 mah SVD vv, vw with a Taifun GT rebuildable. (It takes a bit of experimenting to stop the Taifun from dripping out of the AIR hole after a refill ...but I got it!) My coil is at 1.6 ohm and 3.4 volts seems to be my preferred setting. I'm getting about 2 days on one battery. With this new setup I've discovered that 18 mg ejuice has more taste and more cloud than I've ever experienced before. I like it and am wondering where I go from here.
The Taifun is a bit delicate to work.... with my big fingers, and you have to get the contact pin screwed in just right...too tight and the screw head goes throught to rubber seal, and too loose it drips out of the bottom. It's all good now and I hope it stays that way??? good luck.

Vapowulf
03-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Does anyone have any opinions/advice on a good regulated mod? I have a couple of Innokin iTaste vv 3ís and would like to step up to more battery power. Donít mean to sound like Goldilocks, but Iím not seeing a clear winner so far. Iím used to a 3 button apv, but the Tesla, SVD, SID & Vamo are on the large side, and Iím not sure about the durability of the Evic. Also the SVD only goes down to 3.3 volts and the rest go to 3. The Sigelei & Smoktech Zmaxes are smaller and Sigelei has the OLED screen, but is 1 button a pain? I like the convenience of being able to easily adjust voltage.

Iím not looking at mech mods because the only advantage is sub ohm Ė is that correct? So far I tend to like my juice at around 3.4 volts so sub ohm would be no advantage? Plus are regulated generally safer? Any help would be appreciated!

If you want to try a regulated mod, for an excellent priced, the MVP v2.0 is a great device. It has built in battery, and as stated above, you will break something else before you have to worry about the battery going bad.

Bluemonday
03-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Mvp is by far the most used vv/vw. It just works, long battery, solid construction, very affordable and not too big. If you are just using std clearos or cartos it will do all you want it too. I find most taste burned over 10 watts anyway. It is my go to outside long trip mod as well, as many others have said.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

BX fan
03-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all the advice - i lost one of my 2 mods last week and had to get something quicker than i had planned. Cloud production was not really an issue as i use pg heavy juice anyway, and i couldn't get my head aroung the box mod just yet - so i went for the Zmax Telescopic for now. But i figure it won't be too long i'll be looking again now that i made the full switch to vaping.

CanadianCowbell
04-01-2014, 06:00 AM
I have a first gen MVP and a SVD and in ease of changing the settings the MVP is easier (though again it is a first gen) but to be honest my SVD is just heads above in taste when using the same tank. Don't get me wrong I love my MVP but I find myself using my 1st gen Protanks again since getting my SVD (I was not a fan of them on my MVP) but it could just be the limitations with the 1st gen MVP.

Donovan69
04-01-2014, 06:38 AM
Smok just released the 1300 winder vv 3.2-4.8 v. And vw 6-12 watts. Not as big as a mod. Great bang for your buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WinVape
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Yes, and it is a nice e-go battery. Very well made. I have been selling them for awhile and people are very happy and surprised :)
There is also a new SMOK Aero Winder 1500Mah VV battery as well - pretty small and holds tons of juice. Even fired a 0.8Ohm Kayfun with no problems :) Who said E-go batteries are extinct? :)

Smok just released the 1300 winder vv 3.2-4.8 v. And vw 6-12 watts. Not as big as a mod. Great bang for your buck.

morebass
04-08-2014, 09:54 PM
For your criteria the MVP is the clear winner, none of the other mods you listed will fire much higher than an MVP and the dna stuff won't down regulate to 3.4V like you want

Madvape
04-12-2014, 03:45 AM
Why don't you try regulated wattage ??

Set it and forget it, I have a couple of those and love them. I like the Innokin Cool Fire 2, small form factor and it work's great. Using it right now with a Aspire Nautilus tank @ 10.5 watts, love the RY4 Double taste in those.

Donovan69
04-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Yes, and it is a nice e-go battery. Very well made. I have been selling them for awhile and people are very happy and surprised :)
There is also a new SMOK Aero Winder 1500Mah VV battery as well - pretty small and holds tons of juice. Even fired a 0.8Ohm Kayfun with no problems :) Who said E-go batteries are extinct? :)
Got our order for the 1500s already in! ;-)

>