PDA

View Full Version : What does your user name mean?

stockLx
03-16-2014, 06:47 PM
My user name is StockLx, which is actually a name I used to go by on the mustang boards. I have a highly modified 89 5.0 mustang which I built myself. Used to drag race it at the track and still have it but it sits parked most of the time now in the garage. I am a car enthusiast and my user name is what everyone called my car. Because it looked bone stock (right down to the ten hole wheels) from the outside, but was the exact opposite (was capable of mid 12's in the 1/4) ,a total sleeper. What does your screen name mean?

Wolffy
03-16-2014, 07:52 PM
We had a group that usually netted between 20 and 25 people for Saturday back yard BBQ parties that rotated from house to house. I happen to like a really good cut of steak so blue it goes moo. You know, knock off the horns, wipe it's butt and walk it by the grill slowly. Someone made a comment about eating like a wolf with all that blood, which led to being called Wolfy. The internet being what it is Wolfy was used commonly so I stuffed an extra 'F' in there.

oncesubtile
03-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Mine means why not quit cigarettes and start vaping in Canadian.

amoca
03-16-2014, 10:27 PM
We had a group that usually netted between 20 and 25 people for Saturday back yard BBQ parties that rotated from house to house. I happen to like a really good cut of steak so blue it goes moo. You know, knock off the horns, wipe it's butt and walk it by the grill slowly. Someone made a comment about eating like a wolf with all that blood, which led to being called Wolfy. The internet being what it is Wolfy was used commonly so I stuffed an extra 'F' in there.Oh, my God- that was my Dad's favorite saying about beef, only he said "knock it's horns off, wipe it's ass, and lead it in." We all like our beef still moo-ing-- thick, and blue. And with horseradish. I thought we were a completely dead breed! Now I'm hungry...lol.

Anonymous
03-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Last name is Howard. But as most things happen in the RCAF, (At least in the working ranks) you tend to get called by your last name with an 'ie' at the end. So My user name is Howie. Likewise if your last name was say.. Roberts, you could end up being known as Robbie to your closer freinds.. Etc.

Texasweekend
03-17-2014, 02:42 AM
Mine is from one of my horses. He has won over 19 races, so I started using his name on message boards, and it kinda stuck even after he was retired from the track. Now he is in the pasture with a new philly and a mare, till the day he dies of old age.

Nubbie
03-17-2014, 04:57 AM
you don't want to know.

HEY I vape
03-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Ummm I forget

Freeride
03-17-2014, 05:40 AM
I am an avid mountain biker with a preference toward downhill and freeride.

NevergoIngbaCk
03-17-2014, 08:04 AM
After 24 hrs of vaping I said to myself I'm " never going back " to cigarettes. I capitalized the N, I , C because it spelled NIC as in nicotine

The Stash
03-17-2014, 08:15 AM
A few things!

Obvious ones first: People always talkin' bout their vape stash. I have a handlebar moustache of sorts. Name of business.

Less obvious one: It's what I call the condensation that forms in a vapers moustache from chain vaping/vaping low ohm high VG.

drtongue96
03-17-2014, 08:38 AM
I dj'd an alternative rock radio program for 15 years on college radio, dr. tongue was my dj name. but more importantly, I stole it from the simpsons "Dr. Tongue has arrived" <--jimbo jones, not from SCTV, which some people have guessed.

Sgt_Smut
03-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Mine came from playing the video game "Halo" with a bunch of friends a while back. We used to get together once a week and game while the wives were out shopping or having coffee etc.

So that we'd know who was who, we all had Gamer tags, and this was the one I came up with.

There is no military or enforcement reference in it for me, as I'm a Desk Jockey/Civil Servant here in Ottawa.

I use this board name when my usual "Jayman" is taken (My name is Jason), which was the case here when I signed up.

My 3rd alternate is usually JaymanKnows, which I might use here, as it's my Twitter handle.

HEY I vape
03-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Mine came from playing the video game "Halo" with a bunch of friends a while back. We used to get together once a week and game while the wives were out shopping or having coffee etc.

So that we'd know who was who, we all had Gamer tags, and this was the one I came up with.

There is no military or enforcement reference in it for me, as I'm a Desk Jockey/Civil Servant here in Ottawa.

I use this board name when my usual "Jayman" is taken (My name is Jason), which was the case here when I signed up.

My 3rd alternate is usually JaymanKnows, which I might use here, as it's my Twitter handle.

SGT yours more than anyone elses I was looking forward to reading...

Sgt_Smut
03-17-2014, 10:05 AM
SGT yours more than anyone elses I was looking forward to reading...

The funny thing about it (to me anyways), was that the group of friends that I played Halo with were all guys that I met when I was younger and a Church goer. Halo is a military based first person shooter, based on an Alien invasion, so the Sgt part is somewhat obvious. Everyone always wondered where the Smut part came from though.

That my friends, is a tale for a different time. ;)

BX fan
03-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - scuzz rock entraordinaires!!!

"The blues is number one"

The pic's from a live show. They are anything but blues....the band's name is a middle finger to type casting.

katmandu
03-17-2014, 10:55 AM
I wanted something with my nickname Kat in it. When I signed up at ECF, the very first forum I ever signed up for, I wanted to be Kanadian Kat, but SOMEONE already had it. lol

I Googled a list of names with Kat in it. Most of the names on that list were taken (didn't know there were so many Kat's in the world) until I hit Katmandu.

Katmandu was better than Katastrophe or Katagoogoo so it's the one I chose. :)

Wolffy
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
I wanted something with my nickname Kat in it. When I signed up at ECF, the very first forum I ever signed up for, I wanted to be Kanadian Kat, but SOMEONE already had it. lol

I Googled a list of names with Kat in it. Most of the names on that list were taken (didn't know there were so many Kat's in the world) until I hit Katmandu.

Katmandu was better than Katastrophe or Katagoogoo so it's the one I chose. :)

Damn! Here I had you figured for a Bob Seger fan. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGApN7bRboQ

VaEHp
03-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Proud Canadian Vaper Eh

Proud :wacko: :canada: VIP Member

:yo:

von'till
03-17-2014, 07:16 PM
A man called Steve Von'Till. Backup Vocalist, guitarist of my top metal band Neurosis, first and last time I saw them was 15-16 years ago and was blown away then and now.

One of my many favorite Neurosis songs. Not for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaxNnoKrK9o

Steve Von'Till's solo project from his first album, all his vocals in this album and guitar. Folk-ish types should give this a listen, not a video, just one of his best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey2frJA6Ujc
...haunting vocals.

http://blowthescene.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Neurosis-band-029.jpg

That was fun.

If I knew how to type out code I would add links in a single word.
Steve Von'Till http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Von_Till
Neurosis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurosis_(band)

CehNehDeh
03-17-2014, 07:53 PM
A bit of Canadian History for source of my name. Many people do not know this about Canada and the "official" method was changed because the politicians thought the truth simply wasn't good enough...

Back in the 1500's three guys were sitting around a campfire. One looked up and said, "We need to name this great land. Do either one of you have any ideas?"

After about an hour of hashing it over, nobody could think of what to name this new land. Finally, one of the guys had an idea. He said, "Lets put all of the letters of the alphabet in a hat and draw letters. We will name the country that way."

Because they could not think of a name, the other two agreed that this would be a good idea.

All the letters of the alphabet were put into one of their hats.

The first guy reached in and picked a letter and said "C eh".

The second reached in and drew a letter. "N eh".

The third reached in and drew his letter, "D eh".

Hence the name "Canada" but I chose to keep the original form CehNehDeh...

In the words of the GREAT Andy Rooney... And now, you know the rest of the story...

Puff
03-17-2014, 10:05 PM
When I first started vaping, I liked the experiance of blowing vapor out my nose, it felt very dragonish. heh. I looked at dragon names. Smaug was a bit well..you know. Puff was more my style. Puffthemagicdragon was a bit too long and lofty. Puff suited me better. I have thought of changing it but it's been a while now and it'd be weird to have a new one.

cymric
03-18-2014, 02:22 AM
Mine is from one of my horses. He has won over 19 races, so I started using his name on message boards, and it kinda stuck even after he was retired from the track. Now he is in the pasture with a new philly and a mare, till the day he dies of old age.

And that is the right way to reward working animals after their working days are done. Well done.

JoeyRedShirt
03-18-2014, 06:59 AM
I'm just a huge geek, and used to be an engineering student. Since the "Red Shirts" were security and engineering, I kinda rolled with it. And before anyone makes the comment about being disposable, I'm also of Scottish descent, so I'm confident that I'll be coming back from any away missions I get sent on!

Donovan69
03-18-2014, 07:37 AM
My name and the year I was born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Donovan69
03-18-2014, 07:46 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/18/a2ege4en.jpgalso the number on two of my mods. My panzer n my nemmy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

goto10
03-18-2014, 08:03 AM
BASIC command

TreasureShopper
03-18-2014, 08:28 AM
I own a little store called Treasure Island Thrift Shoppe (https://www.facebook.com/TreasureIslandThriftShoppe), and I'm always on the hunt for more goodies for the store...and now my vape box.

oncesubtile
03-18-2014, 12:59 PM
I own a little store called Treasure Island Thrift Shoppe (https://www.facebook.com/TreasureIslandThriftShoppe), and I'm always on the hunt for more goodies for the store...and now my vape box.

I like your shop but the boss seems like a bit of a kill joy. quote: first mate says I can't have bare-knuckle fights to settle disputes in the Shoppe any more. lol:pop2:

TreasureShopper
03-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Yeah...there was a little FB drama on our items the other day. I post the new stuff every morning, and someone said she was interested. Another person asked me to hold the item, and there was a little tiff about it, so I had to post some ground rules.

Who knew...?

(Edit: Fisticuffs would make my day SO much more entertaining though.)

That_Guy
03-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Because I wanted a name that was different than any other name I have had on any previous forums, and yet I am an unoriginal bastard. I have been thinking of changing it tho.

Stangela
03-19-2014, 04:52 PM
My name + Wife's name

Stan + Angela = Stangela

Anonymous
03-19-2014, 09:08 PM
That actually works quite well.

Serendipity011
03-19-2014, 09:25 PM
I rescue horses as well as a day job working around warm blood, dressage horses. In my 'spare' time, I am a writer of sorts and my handle is Serendipity. I believe in it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndySocial
03-20-2014, 01:51 AM
What the hell do you want...Leave me alone....

Randomstatic
03-20-2014, 06:02 AM
I got hit by static one day while thinking of a character name for a game.....and I ended up using randomstatic cause of it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anonymous
03-20-2014, 06:05 AM
Ever play slender? Thats what I think when I hear your name RandomStatic... Either that or what I usually hear from my Amateur Radio setup. Its cool. I like it.

coleylikesbacon
03-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Hi I'm Coley and I like bacon.

Itsp3rsonal
03-28-2014, 07:07 PM
What does your user name mean?

Well that I cat say because...................

Wolffy
03-28-2014, 08:27 PM

That almost sounds like an introduction at a Bacon Lovers Annon meeting. :lol:

DWDawg
03-28-2014, 08:32 PM

I seen bacon flavor e-juice somewhere

Brewer
03-28-2014, 08:34 PM
I brew my own.

coleylikesbacon
03-29-2014, 02:58 PM
I seen bacon flavor e-juice somewhere

Yeah... heard pretty poor reviews about it. I'm not really crazy about trying it.

Bacon Hot Chocolate - bad.
Bacon Salt - not bad.
Bacon Socks - awesome.
Bacon Jam - pretty good.
Bacon Jerky - yummy.

Bacon gives me a lardon.

CSkillZ101
03-29-2014, 05:23 PM
CSkilkz101

From back in the BBS days, stands for computer skills. And for the 101 think of English 101.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

HEY I vape
03-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Ummm I forget

Sorry changed it...was New2Vape now this one. Soon Ummabitolder2vape

Kristal
03-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Unlike the rest of you, I couldn't think of a witty name, so used the beginning letters of my last name.

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell do you want...Leave me alone....

You crack me up

psxlady
05-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Playstation lady
psx = playstation

Igor_in_CH
05-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Mine comes from the "Frankenstein" movies, Igor (Ygor) was Dr. Frankenstein's lowly, somewhat freaky assistant. I used to do a pretty good imitation of him back in high school and at parties, the nickname carried over to my days as a sysop running various BBS's in the late 80's and early 90's and that nickname carries on even today. I now live in Cole Harbour in Nova Scotia thus Igor_in_CH.

Vapeaholic 63
05-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Vapeaholic: hmm self explanatory... 63 year I was born... still look 40 my wife tells me... why does she always tell me this then ask me to take her out for dinner??? hmm

3377VH
05-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Mine is my last name flipped upside down :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amoca
05-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Mine's one of my horse's names- not very original but I've always used it...

200years2late
05-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late.
The cannons don't thunder there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late.

Written by: Jimmy Buffett

Brian
05-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Brian
Gaelic
The Strong

18Wheels
05-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Guess.:)

3377VH
05-21-2014, 09:14 PM
18Wheels Pure guess... Just like that... you drive trucks???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while vaping!

18Wheels
05-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Yup! Good guess. I drive a truck, although I have had dispatchers who would want me to drive more than one at a time.:)

3377VH
05-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Feel you bud... I'm in IT and I have bosses who'd wish I was an octopus! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while vaping!

vaper
05-22-2014, 12:27 AM
Vaper ,, you must know it !

jscheiben
05-22-2014, 05:52 AM
Mines a combo of first initial and part of my last name.

MADvaper
05-22-2014, 04:22 PM
MAD is my initials and vaper because I am. I have the creativity of a rock.

HabsFan
07-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Mine is fairly self-explanatory. I'm a pretty big Habs fan (Montreal Canadiens for the non-hockey folk) :)

criminalogic
07-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Couldnt go thru all pages but hopefully ill be back to do so lol :D

Well i think i should be in on this one haha :p

Hmm how to start.. okay CRIMINALOGIC was my internet Rap Battle name from years back hahaha most of my battle sites were hacked and detroyed so Thousands of my battles and all my best work was lost forever (people really got butt hurt in internet battling haha) my style was gangster murder rap lol ;) but tha meaning to me was due to tha fact that basically all my life i was made to feel like a no good criminal even tho i really brake no laws and try everyday to only be good to everyone and allways treat others how i would want to be treated etc.. i feel that alot in my life commen sence and logic are made out to be criminal as bad things and bad people get ahead and good things and good people only seem to be shit on and held down… . (Not allways but still) also i liked how criminal ends with an L and logic started with one..lol

I allways kept this handle there after as again in my internet battle days i battles HUNDERDS of people from all over tha world so i hoped they can still find me (i fill so many pages wen doing a google search its not funny haha) and it worked i have several people on friends list oacebook now that found me from my name so i feel i own tha shit and i feel it is vary reconizable :D

Switcher
07-05-2014, 03:58 AM
Mine had 3 transformation... Started off as Switch on my 1st forum (PEC) from the verb to switch. I went to ECF as Switched. Folks/friends started to call me Switcher so when I came here, it was Switcher.

Igor_in_CH
07-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Sorry changed it...was New2Vape now this one. Soon Ummabitolder2vape
Vapingnewbie Think of it, soon you'll just be oldvaper :noidea:

Fourtytwo
07-05-2014, 10:08 AM
It's the answer...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galax y#Answer_to_the_Ultimate_Question_of_Life.2C_the_U niverse.2C_and_Everything_.2842.29

Love that book...

>