PDA

View Full Version : Original vs Clone

Nemesis
03-09-2014, 11:11 AM
So finally I got my hands on a Original Russian 91% after buying all the possible clones of it
from Rocket to the fancy and expensive Hcigar and let me tell you something... the Original blows them out of the water
Even with a rushed build the vape is perfect , no dry hits , wick is always wet taste is right where I want it and vapor production is just crazy.
Build quality is exceptional compared with any of the clones and my money are on the precision of the juice channels which is not "cloned" in any of the clone and that is what really makes all the difference.

Wish I listened and wish the members advising against clones could have been more polite and maybe use technical explanation instead of "die you piece of s**t" to convey their taught but in all honesty there where some members which where trying to explain that clones suck because they're not really clones but mere incomplete copies.

Anyhow , I will Never buy a clone at least for atty's :)

http://www.vapordna.com/VaporDNA-Edition-Russian-91-Polished-Atomizer-p/rb00001.htm

MrTGun
03-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Congratulations you piece of shit;)

Glad you have seen first hand what we have been preaching about all along;)

~TG

Brian
03-09-2014, 01:19 PM
be careful of the centre post
if you try to adjust it, you might unglue the posts on your deck
see my post 91% connection issues under Toppers if you have questions

randomname
03-09-2014, 02:19 PM
welcome to the darkside

JGvapes
03-09-2014, 02:30 PM

~TG

Hahaha MrTGun

larktdl
03-09-2014, 03:33 PM
I have a Russian Clone from fasttech (I think it is the tebeco version) and in comparison to the original Russian 91% the clone is a piece of junk.

Ursadorable
03-09-2014, 04:27 PM
I refuse to buy clones anymore. My original Kraken blows my HCigar Kraken clone out the window. And my Tobeco clone Kayfun Lite is a piece of junk.

pingu
03-09-2014, 04:41 PM
The guilt eats me alive as I puff on my kayfun clone lol. I don't doubt the originals superiority, but trying to explain to the Mrs that I bought a $100++ atty trumps it everytime :)

Brian
03-09-2014, 04:54 PM
and therein lies the benefit of clones
not everybody has the money to purchase the authentic
while the clones may not stack up in workmanship, it does give a vaper an idea of how good vaping can be

JGvapes
03-09-2014, 04:54 PM
The guilt eats me alive as I puff on my kayfun clone lol. I don't doubt the originals superiority, but trying to explain to the Mrs that I bought a $100++ atty trumps it everytime :)

HAhahaha pingu :smile-new:

pingu
03-09-2014, 04:56 PM
HAhahaha pingu :smile-new:

you know what im talkin bout J!!

Brian
03-09-2014, 06:01 PM
I just put up with the physical and mental abuse and keep ordering stuff :becky:

Notfitforpublic
03-09-2014, 06:08 PM

~TG

Who the hell are you? Name looks really familiar... Are you new here? ;)
Are you done being MIA now or what? Glad to see you around a little more.
Nemesis man trust me, the utter failure of clones doesn't stop with RBA's. I ripped through clone after clone before I figured out the lack of quality just isn't worth it.

Brian
03-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I'v had better luck with tube mod clones as opposed to RTA/RBA

MrTGun
03-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Who the hell are you? Name looks really familiar... Are you new here? ;)
Are you done being MIA now or what? Glad to see you around a little more.
Nemesis man trust me, the utter failure of clones doesn't stop with RBA's. I ripped through clone after clone before I figured out the lack of quality just isn't worth it.

Who me? Oh ya know, just a quiet newb trying to learn a thing or two;) Done being MIA......Mmmmmm - Dunno to be honest. I gotta lotta love for a lotta peeps in here.....but the lack of ummmm....moderation has me not hanging around all that much anymore.

Plus honestly, All I really yearn for now is a solid DNA 30 Mod, and maybe an atty or two.

~TG

Brian
03-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Who me? Oh ya know, just a quiet newb trying to learn a thing or two;) Done being MIA......Mmmmmm - Dunno to be honest. I gotta lotta love for a lotta peeps in here.....but the lack of ummmm....moderation has me not hanging around all that much anymore.

Plus honestly, All I really yearn for now is a solid DNA 30 Mod, and maybe an atty or two.

~TG

Hopefully moderation will improve over the next few weeks

randomname
03-09-2014, 06:35 PM

~TG

this whole statement is stupid on way too many levels, shinyitis doesn't go away, you can try and bury it but it's no use.

MrTGun
03-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Is that your way of saying you miss me cupcake???

But really - 2 mechs, a reo on back up and a DNA 20 with 2 Russians - I need nothing more for now.

~TG

Notfitforpublic
03-09-2014, 06:44 PM

~TG

New mods, new hope. Are you looking for a DNA 30? Check out DBModz. They got a a list going.

Vaper_Dave
03-09-2014, 07:42 PM

I find logic prevails. “Hun I spent a week’s worth of cigarette money on a well made atty that will last me for years to come” seems to work for me.

Where it fall apart for me is when I have to say “Hun I just spent the next 2 years of cigarette money on attys and mods in the past month that I’ll likely get board of and sell off soon for the next shiny thing!”
Now I just live in hiding! :-)

but the lack of ummmm....moderation has me not hanging around all that much anymore.

~TG

Hopefully this doesn’t change that much.
Nothing worse than a stifled over moderated board or FB group.
I belong to one in particular where they ban a few people every day and post every detail of the back talk to make fun of the cast outs!

Notfitforpublic
03-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Hopefully this doesn’t change that much.
Nothing worse than a stifled over moderated board or FB group.
I belong to one in particular where they ban a few people every day and post every detail of the back talk to make fun of the cast outs!

There's a fine line here my friend in my opinion. I agree with the fact that there's no reason for mods to be complete pricks, but a utter lack of presence and control is just as harmful, and no, im not saying that was an issue here. Simply reminding people to close their own threads or maybe do a little searching before littering a forum with a 1000 "My clear tastes burnt" threads isnt a bad thing however.

Vaper_Dave
03-10-2014, 09:02 AM
I know exactly where you’re coming from! :-)

House cleaning is important and we’ll try and do a little more of but we come back to that fine line you mentioned. Finding a balance between scaring off new people with abrupt “use the search function” posts vs. letting it all rampant.
After they have a feel for the place 10 or 20 posts in I’m right with you and the general population can be effective in retaining people while setting them straight. A friendly post from you could be perceived as less threatening than coming from a MOD.

We’ll figure it out! :-)

sashdropper
03-10-2014, 09:18 AM
I picked up a Russian 91 off of Notfitforpublic a few months back and couldn't be happier. I mean I am terrible at wicking it properly but it blows any stock coil set up out of the water.

I have only seen not used clones but they seem to leak and give dry hits enough to warrant the real McCoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrTGun
03-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I know exactly where you’re coming from! :-)

House cleaning is important and we’ll try and do a little more of but we come back to that fine line you mentioned. Finding a balance between scaring off new people with abrupt “use the search function” posts vs. letting it all rampant.
After they have a feel for the place 10 or 20 posts in I’m right with you and the general population can be effective in retaining people while setting them straight. A friendly post from you could be perceived as less threatening than coming from a MOD.

We’ll figure it out! :-)

I hope so ;)

FYI - Forum's will always have some "initiation period", regardless of what people are in them talking about. WOC is by far and away the most lax forum I have ever been a part of. One can become part of the "inner circle" here in a matter of weeks. The odds of that happening in any other forum I participate in are slim and none. We are an overtly friendly and welcoming bunch, but answering how to change a protank head for the 700th time comes with it's own share of frustrations I suppose.

For what it's worth I don't think anybody should get offended by posts asking for people to "use the search function" or "wrong sub-forum". A community needs to be led and managed to avoid the inmates running the asylum so to speak.

This has already happened here to a large degree and some of our most senior peeps have gone elsewhere. Personally I would love to see this place be "all it can be" because scouring 17 different groups and boards everyday is needless when it could all be here IMO.

Vaper Dave for President baby! ;)

~TG

pingu
03-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Cheers!! WO is awesome!! And this thread is a perfect example why!! Imagine this thread about "originals vs clones" turning into what it has become in any other forum and the backlash of rudeness that would follow... I say everything here is awesome!! And keep on, keepin on WO!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sgt_Smut
03-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Well, thanks to this thread, I have been pushed over the edge.

I'll be honest, I have been looking at clones instead of dumping the $$ on the real thing.

Then I read Nemesis's first post about the real thing compared to clones, and I started second guessing myself in my thinking "I'll just start with a clone, and see how that goes... They can't be THAT bad, can they?"

Then Vaper_Dave chimes in about the comparison between what I used to spend on analogues, vs. spending $120 or so on a real Russian 91%, vs. a clone of a clone. I will also admit, I'm a bit of a cheapo, but I appreciate high quality stuff when I can get my hands on it. Vaping was supposed to save me money. HA!

Dammit guys, I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find a place where I could order one. And of course, I found one on Kidney Puncher's website, so now I will patiently sit and wait for my very own Russian 91%.

Thanks alot...

:D

plaincorgi
03-10-2014, 10:44 AM

I'm going to guilt trip you so bad on Saturday...sssshhhuuuuuun

pingu
03-10-2014, 10:49 AM
You bastard!! Your prolly using one too!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

plaincorgi
03-10-2014, 10:59 AM
I've been using one for the last four months :P

loadstar
03-10-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a Russian. Last month I went kayfun crazy. Started with an ehpro clone, then picked up two originals with a tobeco on the way. The best build i've done is on the ehpro (double barrel coil.) I am constantly getting burnt hits off the v2 original KFL+. (cotton w/ micro coil. I'm assuming too much or too little cotton.) My newest kayfun just arrived today but over the weekend I got big into drippers. Now I want a Zenith. And a trident. And a helios. And a magma. and a quasar. and an origen. and and and. At least I have no one to answer to about all these purchases. except maybe my credit card company. AH. Hopefully the russian's will flow back into north america soon. Should be sometime this week according to kebo.

plaincorgi
03-10-2014, 11:16 AM

Probably too much cotton in the kayfuns. I've found that too much causes a dry/burnt hit. I also found that chamferring the edge of the cotton when it hits the deck helps me to avoid blocking the hole.

Also, you can't go wrong with the Zenith (Get the V2 though, as you can lock the AFC on that one) http://i.imgur.com/JHfbvuy.jpg

larktdl
03-10-2014, 04:34 PM
On the topic of clones FT has this product https://www.fasttech.com/products/1570900. Not sure if I can say that this product is a clone, if it is don't matter much to me because this is a good product. If anyone is looking for a clear tank for the Kayfun/Russian this might be the cheapest option available.

zerosum
03-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Yeah for sure. It's a good thing that all originals are the cat's ass. I'd rather spend $200 on garbage than $20.

BTW: How many of you really believe that device you have in your hand today, will be in your hand a year from now?

plaincorgi
03-10-2014, 06:39 PM
BTW: How many of you really believe that device you have in your hand today, will be in your hand a year from now?

I don't...sadly. Though I am making a concerted effort now. I have two DNA30 devices on the way, and that basically renders mechs obsolete too me, and i have a kayfun and a zenith that should fulfill my daily needs (kayfun has for months now...which is a long time for me).

randomname
03-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Yeah for sure. It's a good thing that all originals are the cat's ass. I'd rather spend $200 on garbage than $20.

I wondered how long that would take.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

zerosum
03-10-2014, 08:14 PM
I wondered how long that would take.

Trust me when I say, I don't care what anyone spends their own money on. Everyone here has wasted a ton of cash on smokes.

My sweet spot is about 6-9 months behind the bleeding edge - I don't care much if it's cheap originals or clones.

kingpin
03-10-2014, 09:04 PM
So finally I got my hands on a Original Russian 91% after buying all the possible clones of it
from Rocket to the fancy and expensive Hcigar and let me tell you something... the Original blows them out of the water
Even with a rushed build the vape is perfect , no dry hits , wick is always wet taste is right where I want it and vapor production is just crazy.
Build quality is exceptional compared with any of the clones and my money are on the precision of the juice channels which is not "cloned" in any of the clone and that is what really makes all the difference.

Wish I listened and wish the members advising against clones could have been more polite and maybe use technical explanation instead of "die you piece of s**t" to convey their taught but in all honesty there where some members which where trying to explain that clones suck because they're not really clones but mere incomplete copies.

Anyhow , I will Never buy a clone at least for atty's :)

http://www.vapordna.com/VaporDNA-Edition-Russian-91-Polished-Atomizer-p/rb00001.htm

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/kingpin111/kingpin111006/jiFfM_zpsc8cd3ae3.jpg~original

Nemesis
03-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Well, thanks to this thread, I have been pushed over the edge.

I'll be honest, I have been looking at clones instead of dumping the $$ on the real thing.

Then I read Nemesis's first post about the real thing compared to clones, and I started second guessing myself in my thinking "I'll just start with a clone, and see how that goes... They can't be THAT bad, can they?"

Then Vaper_Dave chimes in about the comparison between what I used to spend on analogues, vs. spending $120 or so on a real Russian 91%, vs. a clone of a clone. I will also admit, I'm a bit of a cheapo, but I appreciate high quality stuff when I can get my hands on it. Vaping was supposed to save me money. HA!

Dammit guys, I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find a place where I could order one. And of course, I found one on Kidney Puncher's website, so now I will patiently sit and wait for my very own Russian 91%.

Thanks alot...

:D

It's going to be worth the wait and money.
I have all... I mean ALL the clones , spent maybe double than what an original costed me and in all honesty aside the overall build quality
the original works and tastes better built with exact same materials and build.

I will try the transparent kit form Fasttech just to see if that will make any difference , I doubt it because the whole magic is in the base IMHO , namely the position and diameters of juice channels.

randomname
03-11-2014, 03:32 AM
Sooooo.....I think anyone who thinks there's no work or engineering that goes into making mods and atties should read this thread. The smallest change can make a huge difference in fluid dynamics.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Ursadorable
03-11-2014, 05:36 AM

As far as ATTYs go, I'll have a long relationship with my Kraken. The battery on the other hand, well my couple month old Vamo V5 died (button plastic is all cracked and crumbling, don't know why) I'm sure I'll be trying a couple different VV/VW mods shortly.

Pic of failboat V5 board... (https://www.dropbox.com/s/gf908b0p7ort8jl/2014-03-10%2022.37.40.jpg)

Kubrick
03-11-2014, 06:20 AM

Garbage...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/gtrshow/394a894267947cd2684d98c2ba89ba2e.jpg

Not garbage...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/gtrshow/a6e518a0fc5a3bcfbd3c151c986a545a.jpg

MrTGun
03-11-2014, 09:52 AM
^ SO much win;)

~TG

larktdl
03-12-2014, 06:22 PM
I took a look into using my Tobeco Russian clone tonight. I really want this unit to work.

First, I rebuilt my Russian (gave all parts a good cleaning and dry) with 30 gauge kanthal and cotton wick (1.5 ohms). Good vape.

Repeated the same for the Tobeco ,,, I am mystified. This unit is giving the same vape as the Russian 91%. Now I guess it is too early to get up a do a jiggy jig jiggy! 'Cause you all know how these things go ... good for a bit and then shite.

Not ready to throw this RBA into the junk pile yet.

>