PDA

View Full Version : what are us easterner's using for gear?

stockLx
03-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Right now I am vaping a seigeili zmax v5 with a kanger protank 2 with air adjust base. I wrap my own coils for it. Am looking to get a mech most likely and a decent rba like a russian.
I started with ego twists and ce5's but am finding now I crave a bit more flavor than the protank is probably capable of. depending on how low i go in ohms, i may be able to just use the sigeili but a mech would be a nice addition to my collection. have been using silica wicks and started using cotton recently. but cannot find the sweet spot for how much cotton to use. I am either flooding out or burning up.

What gear are you using?

CK47
03-08-2014, 07:00 AM
My home gear is a nemmie clone usually with a igo-l or nimbus. I do have a couple gennie clones but I prefer the drippers. For out and about usually an evic or svd. T3s's or Victory tanks with my own coil and cotton. Are you using cotton balls or yarn for your wicks?

stockLx
03-08-2014, 07:58 AM
using cotton balls for the wick. pulling off a small piece (well, what i think is small) and twisting it on one end and then pulling through. right now i am using 32 gauge with 5 wraps. I may order some 28 and try my hand at micro/nano coils. would like to get this wicking figured out first though.

CK47
03-08-2014, 08:48 AM
When I use cotton balls I pull off what I think is enough then I reduce it by 1/3 and add that bit as a flavor wick. If it still taste like cotton just remove part of the flavor wick. 32 ga on a 1/16 drillbit will give you a nice microcoil for your protank. Same amount of wraps should give you a 1.5 give or take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sashdropper
03-08-2014, 04:48 PM
I vote for the Russian! I have a Russian 91% and love it.

stockLx
03-08-2014, 06:02 PM
I am currently using a 1/16 drill bit for my coils, however i wrap them so they are evenly spaced apart. If I wrap them so they are all touching and heat them to get them to stay tight, will that change how the coil reacts to current? or will it be the same as what i am using now? 5 wraps gives me 1.9-2.0ohm

Freeride
03-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Vamo and Ego Twist with t3s and EVOD tanks when at work.
Vamo and SVD with Igo-L and Rocket (Kayfun clone) at home.

28ga kenthal microcoils wrapped (8-10 wraps generally) on a 5/64 bit with boiled cotton ball wicks in all.

CK47
03-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Wrap them so the coils touch. They should heat from the middle of the coil out.

stockLx
03-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Vamo and Ego Twist with t3s and EVOD tanks when at work.
Vamo and SVD with Igo-L and Rocket (Kayfun clone) at home.

28ga kenthal microcoils wrapped (8-10 wraps generally) on a 5/64 bit with boiled cotton ball wicks in all.

how is that rocket? been eyeing one lately and do not want to spend the money on a real one yet. does it perform good? how is the build quality?

Igor_in_CH
03-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Innokin MVP 2.0 with a Kanger Aerotank and an iClear 16B for work and my VTR with an Aerotank or a Spinner at home.

Updated 05/25/2014, 2.5 months later and I've caught shinyitis!, I now have both authentic brass and stainless Turtleship V2's with matching Vicious Ant Krakens on them, a stainless Prow-T. Also have an authentic Phantom Brass Stingray on the way this week and 2 Kayfun 3.1 ES clones, all of those are only used at home. Still using my trusty MVP 2.0 now with Kanger Mini ProTank 3's for work. Traded away all of my Innokin iClear clearo's (16's 16B's, 30, 30B's 30S') for 3 Aerotanks...

Freeride
03-12-2014, 03:51 AM
how is that rocket? been eyeing one lately and do not want to spend the money on a real one yet. does it perform good? how is the build quality?

I really like it...have been using it for about a week daily.
Performs great with microcoil and cotton, and build quality is good in my opinion, though i have never seen (in person) or used a kayfun or russian so can't really compare it to the real deal.
At the end of the day, i certainly don't regret the purchase.

lost
03-12-2014, 04:57 AM
I'm having a hard time deciding if I want a clone or a real kayfun still. While I wait to decide I will save up the money for a real one though. :)

Freeride
03-12-2014, 05:10 AM
I'm having a hard time deciding if I want a clone or a real kayfun still. While I wait to decide I will save up the money for a real one though. :)

Hey Colin :)

I pondered the same thing, but then decided that i just can't justify the cost of the real deal. It may perform a little better and/or be of better quality, but not sure if the difference would be big enough to warrant the price for me. I'm sure many people will disagree, but they are probably in a different financial situation than myself.

Jake

lost
03-12-2014, 05:18 AM
At this point I am stuck on cartos and really don't use anything else. I have tried so many clearos I am tired of wasting money on them. I am hoping that "if" I save the money for a better unit it will have a better chance of getting more use. That being said, I have to save so long I may cave and get a clone before I have the money for a real one. Plus they aren't always easy to find in stock. Worst case is I finally have the money but can't find one to buy. That would really suck.

larktdl
03-12-2014, 06:32 AM
Well I have a Russian 91% and a Russian/Kayfun Clone (tobeco from FT). Big Difference in performance. I think that the problem with the clone is the airflow & afc. If you don't mind trying to figure out and modding the clone to get it to work properly I would stay away from it and get yourself the real deal.

lost
03-12-2014, 07:25 AM
I noticed guy doing the group buy for the HCigar stuff has some Kayfun clones left so I messaged him. They seemed to be much better quality than the random china clones. Will see.. time for some review watching.

MADvaper
05-22-2014, 04:44 PM
I just started vaping May 11 but I bought an MVP V2.0 with an Iclear 30. Also have an X.Fire E-Fire for on the go and use Iclear X.1 on that. Also have a Protank 3 with adjustable airflow and an Aerotank. Don't really care for the Kanger products, tried them and put them away.

RedDwarf
05-25-2014, 12:28 AM
Not sure if I'm considered Eastern anymore but it's where my heart is!

I have a Segelei Zmax V3 for higher voltage vapes, but getting a Provari Mini soon. My friends has one and the quality is extremely good. For my RDA's I am using a K101, but looking into some better Mech mods soon. I'm using a Trident Clone and an IGO-L right now mostly, but also have a Nautilus that's pretty good.

criminalogic
07-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Hey guys.. idk how long its been since i was here last lol been busy with facebook vape groups and went several months with out internet etc lol but i wanted in on this one :)

Right now i use (all clones) RDAs: Tobh, Quasar, Origin, Cats, Omega, Nimbus… .also have Helios & igo L and several generic drippers and mini RDAs that just sit around now mostly lol for Mod (also clones) i Use Brass Paps, Brass Stingray, Copper Nemesis and M16 Sentinel :)
Also have a Vamo i use for my Ohm meter shhhh ;) and for checking batteries as im OCD and i do so countless times a day haha some times i do vape it with a mini protank but never more than afew puffs. ive gone total Lung Hitting Cloud Chaser and could not be happier..i Love Vaping and all things Vape related :)

Oh also had multiple egos and a innoken that i gifted :D out of four ppl i have given to i have gotten two succesfully off tha stinkies so thats not half bad ;) lol

stockLx
09-14-2014, 06:40 PM
been a while since i've started this thread. I now have a kayfun, taifun, and fogger v4. sigelei zmax, hammer and nemesis. must say the fogger v4 is the best of the rba's i own. and of course the nemesis is my best mod.

stockLx
10-30-2014, 08:08 PM
been a while since i've started this thread. I now have a kayfun, taifun, and fogger v4. sigelei zmax, hammer and nemesis. must say the fogger v4 is the best of the rba's i own. and of course the nemesis is my best mod.

Added some 26650 gear. Here is my current decent stuff.

CK47
10-30-2014, 10:34 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/30/3f4dea65084ca27d92f7271b357c8068.jpg Some of mine

lost
10-31-2014, 05:18 AM
Average work day gear for me. I don't have much more, another kayfun and a couple VAMOs. Working on a few SX350 boxes with dual batteries. Can't wait for that battery life.

stockLx
10-31-2014, 05:36 AM
Average work day gear for me. I don't have much more, another kayfun and a couple VAMOs. Working on a few SX350 boxes with dual batteries. Can't wait for that battery life.

I would be very interested in the results of that. Keep us posted! do you have the chips sourced yet? What board are you using?

lost
10-31-2014, 05:44 AM
I already have all the parts I need and I'm just in the process of building them up. Making 6 boxes, one for me. I got some SX350 v2.5 chips so 60 watt capable with dual 18650. I would very much love to sell the extras locally if I can. I'm just doing it to fill my spare time, unfortunately I don't have much spare time so it feels like its taking forever (and I'm picky so it is). I will keep you posted.

Freeride
10-31-2014, 08:58 AM
Definitely keep us posted :)

lost
11-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Sort of a chronicle of my work in this other thread guys.

http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/general-modding/9566-sx350-box-mods-desireable-features-post129645.html#post129645

stockLx
11-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Sort of a chronicle of my work in this other thread guys.

http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/general-modding/9566-sx350-box-mods-desireable-features-post129645.html#post129645

looks like you are off to a good start. 350 has buck capability does it not? will be great to see the final product.

lost
11-05-2014, 04:48 AM
Buck and boost yes. Can do down to 5 watts - which is why I chose it over the DNA30. I may be off to a good start but I wish I could make it go faster. Thankfully I am enjoying the tedious work. Feels good to build something.

Freeride
11-05-2014, 07:29 AM

At work:
Nemesis with RSST 'Auto dripper'
SVD with Igo-L (dual purpose/coil tester)

canadianskater7
06-11-2015, 05:02 AM

Here is what i use everyday at the moment, istick 30 with nautilus mini and smok xpro m80 plus with a sense herakles sub tank, both with j wraps on them, i also rotate at home with an eleaf lemo 2 and an igo-m dripper!

- - - Updated - - -

sorry thats when i had a delta II on it, i traded that to my buddy for a herakles

>