PDA

View Full Version : Nova Scotia Lung Association - E-cigarette Workshop January 21

cactusgirl
01-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Hey folks, the Nova Scotia Lung Association is hosting a workshop to discuss E-cigarettes on January 21st, 6pm at NSCC - IT Campus.

http://www.kingscountynews.ca/News/Local/2014-01-09/article-3569341/Lung-Association-planning-e-cigarette-workshop/1

If interested in attending, you will need to RSVP. Email them through their online form: http://www.ns.lung.ca/site/index.php/contact-us

katmandu
01-10-2014, 08:58 AM
This has already been posted: http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/threads/6032-Nova-Scotia-Lung-Association-planning-e-cigarette-workshop

Switcher
01-10-2014, 11:14 AM
This has already been posted: http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/threads/6032-Nova-Scotia-Lung-Association-planning-e-cigarette-workshop

Yes it has Kat, but I believe Cactusgirl posted it in the right section of the forum, e.g Eastern Canada, where the people affected by this can congregate and discuss the upcoming event.
cactusgirl,

I have secured a speaking part as well. The down side of this forum is the limitations set on the topics.

1. Harm reduction: Is an e-cigarette a harm reduction device?

2. Smoking cessation: Does an e-cigarette aid in quitting?

3. Re-normalization: Is it an issue with e-cigarettes?

4. E-cigarette regulation: Is it necessary?

5. Tobacco companies’ involvement in e-cigarettes: Is it a concern?

Hopefully it won't be a wasteof our time, but as with other open sessions not dissimilar to this one, there is an underlying agenda.

1. Yes e cigarettes is the purest form of total harm reduction.

2. Don't like and never liked the wording of that question, it is a loaded gun. E cigs are not a cessation device (equates to medicinal use) but it has provided us to remain smoke free for x yrs, or we no longer combust tobacco, which as we know is why tobacco was bad.

3. And that is the big monkey on everyone's back, re-normalizing the act of smoking. Not smoking perse, but the ACT.

4. We invite regulation and standards as a consumer product, nothing else.

5. Don't know about anyone else but yes. I would rather see it in the hands of pharma than BT, as God only knows what our liquids will contain then, with the failing tobacco industry.

The long and the short... treating smoking related illnesses in Europe is a $12B industry, BP is not about to let than one go and hence why we are discussing this. No one here wants to take a $12B pay cut, why should they. Think about it.

Our health minister's executive aid was at Smokelessns shortly after the announcement to ban vaping in public. He was quite surprised that vapers support regulation (not about vaping in public) but admitting and supporting vaping for what it is. THRM the best we have seen in years.

Wolffy
01-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Yes it has Kat, but I believe Cactusgirl posted it in the right section of the forum, e.g Eastern Canada, where the people affected by this can congregate and discuss the upcoming event.
cactusgirl,

I have secured a speaking part as well. The down side of this forum is the limitations set on the topics.

1. Harm reduction: Is an e-cigarette a harm reduction device?

2. Smoking cessation: Does an e-cigarette aid in quitting?

3. Re-normalization: Is it an issue with e-cigarettes?

4. E-cigarette regulation: Is it necessary?

5. Tobacco companies’ involvement in e-cigarettes: Is it a concern?

Hopefully it won't be a wasteof our time, but as with other open sessions not dissimilar to this one, there is an underlying agenda.

1. Yes e cigarettes is the purest form of total harm reduction.

2. Don't like and never liked the wording of that question, it is a loaded gun. E cigs are not a cessation device (equates to medicinal use) but it has provided us to remain smoke free for x yrs, or we no longer combust tobacco, which as we know is why tobacco was bad.

3. And that is the big monkey on everyone's back, re-normalizing the act of smoking. Not smoking perse, but the ACT.

4. We invite regulation and standards as a consumer product, nothing else.

5. Don't know about anyone else but yes. I would rather see it in the hands of pharma than BT, as God only knows what our liquids will contain then, with the failing tobacco industry.

The long and the short... treating smoking related illnesses in Europe is a $12B industry, BP is not about to let than one go and hence why we are discussing this. No one here wants to take a $12B pay cut, why should they. Think about it.

Our health minister's executive aid was at Smokelessns shortly after the announcement to ban vaping in public. He was quite surprised that vapers support regulation (not about vaping in public) but admitting and supporting vaping for what it is. THRM the best we have seen in years.

I do wish you the best in your presentation. I can also see where the loaded questions could be a real problem.

When all else fails quote the studies and I would suggest printing them out so that you have your facts straight and if challenged have the study in your hand.
I happen to like this collection of studies as they cover a lot of bases.
http://www.ecigalternative.com/ecigarette-studies-research.htm

I would argue that this forum affects all Canadian vapers because you can bet the ANTZ will be taking notes. Rest assured they are quite well organized and share their (mis?)information as well. As vapers our best weapon is enlightenment using scientific studies to back up our position.

Switcher
01-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the link.

Not my first trip around the block by any means, but I did like the short stroke descriptions. At the minimum they will be presented with a compendium of studies, which of course they will refute as they were not sponsored under the tutelage of the WHO and their cronies.

I requested to present an expose on topic 1, 2, and 4. If I have to settled for 1, I requested 1. That being said I have enough finesse in composition to slip the other 2 in there :)

I don't expect anything to come out of this, but at least we will be heard and at a minimum cause reflection (perhaps). I would like to know who will be sitting the panel so we can dig up the dirt on their subsidies :) It is nice to know who your opponents are. So if any one knows please share.

Switcher
01-12-2014, 12:30 PM
The following is my expose, 2:18 min, not much time to point out the facts. Hopefully we will be able the get our point across during the Q&A.

Good evening,

I thank the panel for this opportunity to speak on behalf of what I deem to be a life saving innovation which effects thousands of lives and with unencumbered support has the potential to prevent millions of unnecessary deaths. In my iopinion this is what Tobacco Harm Reduction is about, not the self-fulfilling private agenda funded by special interest groups.

My name is Rick, I am a smoker. I have not combusted tobacco since the 7 Feb 2010 after 43 yrs of smoking. I will go on record that I am here under my own free will, that I do not represent any action group nor receive funding or subsidies from any interest groups.

We are here today because of the failure of both health professionals and pharmacy in assisting smokers reach total tobacco abstinence. Nicotine Replacement Therapies do not work. We (point to the panel) have the opportunity today to embrace the benefits of the electronic cigarette in promoting Tobacco Harm Reduction while preventing smoking related illnesses brought on by combusting tobacco, vice rampant misinformation that nicotine is responsible for smoking related illnesses.

Re-normalizing smoking? What was socially unnacceptable the act or the by product of combustion? We do not smoke, we vape. The practice of enjoying the benefits of mild stimulation not dissimilar to caffeine conducted by millions of adults across the world by choice.

Several respected pneumologist and cardiologist have conducted extensive studies wrt vaping and its benefits versus combusting tobacco. Yet special interest groups continue to deny such studies even exists. My physician supports vaping, is my family doctor a charlatan?

I admit and support that continued research and regulation of e-cigarettes is needed in order to continue innovation and improvement of the ecigarette as a consumer product. Vapourizers are a consumer product because they are neither a tobacco nor a drug delivery device. We are not sick, we are simply enjoying nicotine in a safer fashion than combusting tobacco.

In closing, I look forward to the day that our collective governments take a proactive approach in the promotion of health care in lieu of legislating in support of self-interest groups and lobbyist. The treatment of smoking related illnesses in Europe is a $12B a year Pharmaceutical Industry we all know what this window dressing is all about tonight. Are there any questions?

Bold text represents emphasis during the presentation.

The panel will be provided with a list of studies and peer reviews conducted which they continue to deny the existence.

I will have on hand rebuttal references to cover the myriad of questions they will throw at us, with supporting highlighted passages.

VapeMate.com
01-13-2014, 07:43 AM
http://antithrlies.com/2014/01/12/draft-regulatory-science-white-paper-3-addictiveness-of-nicotine-and-e-cigarettes/ Another from Carl Phillips and CASSA...

Switcher
01-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks, I have the short stroke version from Carl (short to the point I would get loss in this one :lol:

This has been a known fact to many, glad it is going to finally be published. Some learned health professional claim after 72 hrs nicotine is out of ones system and has no lasting effect. That being said when I underwent lazer therapy my clinician stated 10 days of vitamin C (10/day) with 1 to 2l of water completely flushes your system out, then you need to deal with the psychological effects of smoking, which is true in part but there is more to it. We know cigs contain a significant amount of MAOIs and they have a lasting effect between 10-12 weeks after your last cigarette. The latter I explain to my customers who may or are dual users. In order for vaping to be successful, you need the proper mind set. That being said the majority of my local customers are not vaping as an alternate lifestyle.

Ray Yeates
04-09-2014, 05:26 AM
Hi everyone Ray from Bridgewater NS. Anyone know of a vape supply shop in Halifax or Dartmouth? Heading into town today hoping to find a shop to get myself another couple of cartomizers. Would appreciate any help . Thanks.

Vapowulf
04-09-2014, 05:49 AM
Hi everyone Ray from Bridgewater NS. Anyone know of a vape supply shop in Halifax or Dartmouth? Heading into town today hoping to find a shop to get myself another couple of cartomizers. Would appreciate any help . Thanks.
Hi Ray,
This on Kempt Rd: Smokless NS (http://smokelessns.com/)
Also, Switcher who posted above has website JR Custom Turnings (http://www.jrcustomturning.com/Default.asp) and you can pick up local (Cole Harbour) at certain times....not sure if you can order the same day though.

Ray Yeates
04-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Thank you sincerly for the quick response Vapowulf and Switcher. Much appreciated. Have a great day. :)

bogmonster
04-09-2014, 06:04 AM
No cartomizers at Smokeless, unfortunately, but he does carry a fair amount of kit.

>