PDA

View Full Version : WIKI Software Installed

Nicklfire
01-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Hello community,

For a while now i have debatted weather or not to purchase a wiki software addon for the forum. After seeing a recent thread asking people to post pictures and list differences.. (carto vs atomizer), (tanks vs clearomizer) i thought this might be the best solution to make sure this information is front and center.

If you are not familiar with what a WIKI is here is a description:

The powerful editing options in Wiki allow your community to collaborate to create and publish content pages for your site. Multiple users can edit the same page, and your staff can moderate changes as they are made. VaultWiki maintains a detailed history of every page, making it just as easy to reverse unwanted changes. Basically to sum it up is that it's a encylopedia of information we create from scratch and others can addon to your information or change it as necessary.. (updates over time, wrong information posted previously, etc)

There are so many times information is posted over and over and over again on the forum and it gets lost with the thousands of other topics and threads and posts.. this way the wiki can be easily searched or linked to and updated at the same time if information is out of date.

This is going to be a GREAT tool for everyone to use and share with.

I am very new to this software so it will take me a few days/weeks to get familiar enough to it. Currently the first part in this is creating the hierarchy of topics...

-Canada Juice Vendors (i thought having history of our vendors would be a fun idea)
-Hardware
-DIY
-Ejuice
-Newbies section

hopefully people can give me other ideas of what's needed to create the main categories and subsections.

Let me know your input i am very interested.

You can view the WIKI at the top of the navigation, there is a link that says WIKI, or click this link. http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/showwiki.php

Regards,

Shawn

cymric
01-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Shawn, great idea.

I would like there to be a topic "Law" in the hierarchy. There are so many comments about what the law in Canada with respect to electronic cigarettes, nicotine, or e-liquids might be, what Health Canada or Border Security has said or done, what has or has not happened to a vendor coming under scrutiny of one or other of the enforcement agencies, and the two formal cases against Zen. There are a variety of opinions spread throughout the forum on these matters and these opinions are not easily cross referenced. You may or may not wish to include posts on the law in other countries.

Major
01-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Shawn, great idea.

I would like there to be a topic "Law" in the hierarchy. There are so many comments about what the law in Canada with respect to electronic cigarettes, nicotine, or e-liquids might be, what Health Canada or Border Security has said or done, what has or has not happened to a vendor coming under scrutiny of one or other of the enforcement agencies, and the two formal cases against Zen. There are a variety of opinions spread throughout the forum on these matters and these opinions not easily cross referenced. You may or may not wish to include posts on the law in other countries.

^------- This would be great!

cymric
01-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Shawn, I also think you might consider a topic of "Coupons" for permanent discounts, coupons, and codes. It would seem a little difficult to include short term coupons.

Wolffy
01-11-2014, 05:28 PM
I would suggest skipping a section on Health Canada to avoid excessive profanity.

FormiddableFoe
09-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Agreed

>