PDA

View Full Version : 200 Members BIG MILESTONE!

Nicklfire
01-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Hello Community!

Well what can i say.. 200 members in less then 1.5 months is a pretty big accomplishment for a brand new forum. Most forums dont get 20 members. It's a testament that hard work pays off and that the Canadian community was in need of something they could call home.

I am very proud of what has been accomplished but there were people who supported me from the very start and gave me the chance to prove what i spoke about so long. There is no turning back, we are breaking ground wherever i look and we have create a great thing here.

We are now able to reach out not only to people who find us through our partners websites but we are getting most of our traffic via Google which means they are mostly likely first time vapers or people considering vaping.

Our social media stats are even impressive to myself: 66 people follow us on twitter, 33 people like us on facebook. Our klout score is very impressive i think about 47. Our traffic has always gone up significantly every week. Our google rankings are really impressive comparing to alot of other sites i have started from the ground up.

I have lots in store for the future as as more people start joining those plans will start be put into place. I'm just really happy and i thank everyone who has joined and participated and have supported me and Wackedout and it really means alot to me!

Thanks everyone... Here's to 1000!

Shawn

Maddening
01-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Congrats that is amazing.

Lae@VaporGeek
01-22-2013, 07:17 AM
:clap2: Congratulations

Nubbie
01-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Congrats on the 200 mark. I think it's just the beginning as this is a large and mostly untapped market. Most of the time the Canadian sections are tucked away in the corner, but here it's complete Canadian content.

Nicklfire
01-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Yesterday we just hit 500 hits in a day

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u621/WackedOutEcig/traffic_zps4388bfe7.png

Mindfield
01-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Congrats! That's a nice curve there. I think we can reach many more as well. I've been inviting folks and mentioning the forum on my videos so I hope it's helping to build our community a little closer to home than ECF. (Not that there's anything wrong with ECF but the more relaxed atmosphere here is more welcoming I think, especially to vendors.)

Switcher
01-22-2013, 09:08 AM
WTG Shawn :clap2:

Nicklfire
01-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Congrats! That's a nice curve there. I think we can reach many more as well. I've been inviting folks and mentioning the forum on my videos so I hope it's helping to build our community a little closer to home than ECF. (Not that there's anything wrong with ECF but the more relaxed atmosphere here is more welcoming I think, especially to vendors.)

Totally agree. And yes i think you inviting people and mentioning on your videos have helped alot. I see people come in mentioning you so i believe you are making a big impact as well. You have alot of respect from members in the community so that only helps our case.

Htme2X
01-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Exxxcellent! The trend is our friend!
Congrats and good work Shawn!

eds
01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
a month and a half??????. Nice google ranking,, thats where I found this. So who is the 200th member???

Msan
01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Congrats Shawn! :clap2: Way to go! :cheer2::yo:

KanadianKat
01-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to build this little home and for everyone who's put in time and passion to grow it.

Here's to 3000!

grobbins
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
I tell everyone i can about this place :) glad to see it is taking off so well.

swillpup
01-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Congrats Shawn, Im sure we will hit 1000 in no time, everyone on here is so helpful and supportive its an honor to be a part of it.

SoUnique
01-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Congratz Shawn :clap2: :cheer2:

All I have to say is Thank You. You made this for us. It's fun & relaxing, just like home :couch2:
You filled a gap that we Canadian vapers needed! :love_heart:

Redux
01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
that is awsome grow grow grow

Chiku
01-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Congrats. I really like that this is an all Canadian forum, sometimes when I was reading some of the other forums it seemed like people didn't really get how it is here. I'm not wording that right, but I'm not sure how to (bad day at work, brain dead). I guess that a good example might be is trying to discuss what a good tabacco flavor is, and where to get it. I found that some people from the US don't understand our tabacco tastes a lot different. I'm still not wording this quite right, sorry, like I said bad day.

NPGinWPG
01-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Congrats. I really like that this is an all Canadian forum, sometimes when I was reading some of the other forums it seemed like people didn't really get how it is here. I'm not wording that right, but I'm not sure how to (bad day at work, brain dead). I guess that a good example might be is trying to discuss what a good tabacco flavor is, and where to get it. I found that some people from the US don't understand our tabacco tastes a lot different. I'm still not wording this quite right, sorry, like I said bad day.
How anyone could smoke American cigarettes in the first place is beyond me, I always thought they tasted like crap. I don't even look at the other forum. I AM CANADIAN, and all the info, vendors,etc, pertains directly to our great country and people!

Stinky Canuck
01-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Congratulations!!!! :)

Chiku
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
How anyone could smoke American cigarettes in the first place is beyond me, I always thought they tasted like crap. I don't even look at the other forum. I AM CANADIAN, and all the info, vendors,etc, pertains directly to our great country and people!

I totally agree!

Chimney
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Congrats! I would've never guessed it was only 200 members in here if I didn't notice this post. A lot of good info in here, I thought it would've been much higher...

Zaichick
01-22-2013, 08:45 PM
gratz big time so happy its growing like weeds glad to hear it. it the first thing i do in the morning with my coffee and my vape :dance:

Dee
01-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Congrats! Here's to hoping it just keeps getting better! :whoo:

FunkyVapes
01-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Woohoo, I finally signed up!

empiricist
01-23-2013, 02:47 AM
Gratz on the milestone!

I'm pretty thankful that we have WackedOut. I've lurked in and posted on other vaping forums, but I've only ever felt at home here.

VaperGeek
01-23-2013, 05:19 AM
Congratulations Nickel! This is an awesome forum, and only stands to get much better. If ever you need a hand / moderator let me know! I'd be happy to help this place grow even more!

Rob "The Rev" Melvin
01-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Woo Hoo!!!

Getting the word out and growing stronger!!!

BestVapour
01-23-2013, 07:04 AM
AWESOME!!!!:clap2:

katmandu
01-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Congratulations! This forum just keeps growing by leaps and bounds!

NotIris
01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Congratulations on making a milestone and thank you for giving us a welcomed place to share our experiences. :clap2:

dredd0606
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
This growth is FANTASTIC! I love having a Canadian vaping forum, once it gets busier around here, I won't have much use for the other sites!

tinam
01-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Excellent!! :rockon:

JayTheVapingGuy
01-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Shawn,

I was the founder and director of an organization for several years. When we decided to start up our forums it took almost a year to hit the 200 mark... I've long since stepped down, but let me tell you... I know how much work goes into simply running a forum, not even including the billion questions and emails and activities that you get drawn into... By the time it hit 50 people I had to pass the responsibility for the forum down to my deputy director simply because it was such an involved process and i was spending upwards of 5-6 hours a night doing forum/administrative stuff and not able to focus on the actual work we were founded to perform, particularilly since the people we were reaching out to were activists and enthusiasts (hmmm... similarities much??) and they were so excited and involved...

All that to say, Shaun, You've done a wonderful job here... Time and time again I'm baffled and pleasantly suprized at how well and boldly the Canadian vaping community stands up.

Nicklfire
01-28-2013, 06:39 AM
Shawn,

I was the founder and director of an organization for several years. When we decided to start up our forums it took almost a year to hit the 200 mark... I've long since stepped down, but let me tell you... I know how much work goes into simply running a forum, not even including the billion questions and emails and activities that you get drawn into... By the time it hit 50 people I had to pass the responsibility for the forum down to my deputy director simply because it was such an involved process and i was spending upwards of 5-6 hours a night doing forum/administrative stuff and not able to focus on the actual work we were founded to perform, particularilly since the people we were reaching out to were activists and enthusiasts (hmmm... similarities much??) and they were so excited and involved...

All that to say, Shaun, You've done a wonderful job here... Time and time again I'm baffled and pleasantly suprized at how well and boldly the Canadian vaping community stands up.

Thanks man that means alot to me and i agree with everything lol Yup it's alot of work. Once i get moderators on board it will make it alot easier and they can help keep track on any threads that go sideways in the future as we continue to grow. A forum like this cannot be run without a team, there are too many posts too many threads to keep track of. I'm only as good as my team. I'm glad i was able to bring something to the canadian industry that's good and relevant and much needed in my opinion. This is the place i did not have when i first started and it was a detriment to me because im sure i would have made alot less mistakes. I really didnt want to join ecf with all the other american members with only 1 subforum for canadians.. was kind of frustrating hence why i created this.

JayTheVapingGuy
01-28-2013, 06:45 AM
this thread got me thinking... so i went back to the other forum (i'm still an admin there)...

just food for thought... We started that forum in 2007... its currently sitting at 1800 members... representing more than 8 provinces, 40 states and 12 countries... this being a national group we won't see the same stretch out into the further world but thats where a well managed organization gets to... and thats a very specific organization reaching to a very specific sub demographic of a culture...

this being open to all canadians in the vaping world... we can see thousands, i'm confident of it.

Nicklfire
01-28-2013, 08:45 AM
yup we are on our way, at 235 as we speak :)

KanadianKat
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Said thanks for creating this forum already - but want to add.....

Thanks for doing it well. Thanks for doing it right :)

CEV Vancouver
01-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Just have to say this forum is great. I've lurked on here for many months, while I was working for Saby @ CEV and saw how engaged everyone seems to be here. 200 in less than two months is an incredible feat, and Shawn you should be very proud of all the work you've put in. Here's hoping to see 1000 before the middle of the year!

SoUnique
01-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Pushing 250 now, how frigging awesome is that. I joined 1 month ago and it was almost at 50. So 200 in a month

WTG Shawn :clap2: :cheer2: :peace:

Ashfall
01-30-2013, 08:10 AM
grats, thaks for making a place we can call home in the great white north. google braught me here when i was researching e-cigs, im shure manny more will find there way here as the word spreads

sensenmann
01-30-2013, 08:32 AM
:grouphug: Calls for a group hug! I am proud to be Canadian & honored to be part of this forum....keep up the excellent work Shawn!

The Stash
02-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Just noticed we popped 300, \o/

CEV Vancouver
02-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Break out the champagne! 300, in just a few weeks ago~

akphotos
02-11-2013, 11:11 PM
WOOHOO 300!

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/posterx/300-dvd-cover-art-4.jpg

Nicklfire
02-12-2013, 06:27 AM
wow 303, growing at a awesome pace :)

AndySocial
02-12-2013, 06:37 AM
This is a great Canadian vaping forum, member are very helpful and offer their insight to newbies...Its only going to continue to grow...Press on!!!!

Dee
03-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Just noticed we cracked 400! :clap2::cheer2::clap2::cheer2:

Geoffrey Kung
03-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Dee is 418 now lol more the better :excitement:

Count Vape-ula
03-10-2013, 04:54 PM
WOOOHOOOOO!!!! :biggrin-new:

Hawley
03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Awesome community, very proud to part of the 400+ :)

Vapoury
03-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Awesome community, very proud to part of the 400+ :)

Well said :thumb:

>