PDA

View Full Version : WackedOut Turns 1 year old :)

Nicklfire
12-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Hello Folks,

It has been a amazing journey. About 13 months ago i began a new life journey. I quit smoking and started vaping..

When i first started vaping i was brand new like everyone when they start. I had no friends that vaped i didnt really know ANYONE that did it. I heard about ecigarettes... and i saw them at a gas station here and there. One morning i was outside with my brother smoking cigarettes and we got onto the conversation about quitting smoking and he brought up electronic cigarettes. He told me that he had tried a few gas station ones and went as far as buying some crappy kit on the internet. He said he stopped smoking for 2 weeks but the refill cartridges were too expensive so he went back to smoking. He told me for that two week period he actually had quit.. I asked him to describe electronic cigarettes to me and he did and i was VERY curious at that point.

Anyone who knows me personally knows that when i get a idea in my head.. i don't stop until i become a pro on it so my search began. I started doing research more and more and more. I had a really hard time finding Canadian information which really frustrated me and really at the time could only find about 2 or 3 Canadian websites who said they sold electronic cigarettes..Because this was new to me and electronic cigarettes was more of a taboo i did not feel confident about buying them from anyone to be honest. I had no idea there were actually legit businesses which i obviously see now. My first purchase was actually at juicy ejuice and i bought a ego starter kit. I had actually ordered a few ejuice flavors from them. After getting my kit i was instantly hooked... I was amazed... and i quit smoking from that day forward. I started doing more research and found out there was actually a store location (vancity vapor) in Vancouver which was run by jason so i decided one day i was going to go and see what they had. I went there and talked to him and he was the nicest guy. I bought a few items from him (including my first twist).

About two weeks in i knew something had to change.. i knew there was a much bigger community out there which was not connected in any way. I did happen to stumble onto ECF and read a few posts but noticed it was more USA targeted.. which i was not interested in AT ALL. I have never created an account at ecf and really only went there a handful of times.

From that point on i decided that there was a need in the market for a forum. I had about 7 years experience running/owning a aquarium forum here in canada as well so i knew it would be easy enough for me to setup. On December 5 2013 Wackedoutecig was born. I started doing crazy research and finding vendor after vendor after vendor.... and asking them to have a link exchange with me. Some vendors were EXTREMELY helpful and put a link up right away. Kudos to those vendors because at that time i had 0 members.. it was just myself. Previous to setting up the forum i had been viewing youtube reviews and noticed a few Canadians.. Cmac and mindfield... i started following them on twitter and asking them for help promoting the forum... They were both on board right away. I really dont think wackedout would have grown as fast without those two guys so for that i am very thankful the support you both showed me (back then wackedout was a nobody). From that point on.. we started increasing membership hand over fist....

Fast forward today and here are the stats.

1800+ members.. (that's over 100 members a month signing up, which is crazy for a brand new forum) If i had hit 500 i would have been happy.
Threads - 5,044
Posts - 77,000
Canadian ecig vendors - i'd say over 30?

We rank in the top 3 of pretty much any ecig search related to canada in google... and we keep moving up google ranks and most searches you will find us in number 1.

This community has been very generous and very helpful in my own knowledge so i am happy to give back any way i can. I am glad to see all these new members here which ACTUALLY have a Canadian place to find information. Whenever i meet a vaper in the wild i ask them if they have heard of wackedoutecig and most of them say no.. .which means the potential for growth is HUGE. We are not even close to what our potential is and in the next few years we are going to see a explosion in the industry which is very exciting.

Wackedout is 1 years old... i thank each and every one of you for participating and showing your love. I have met some great people so far and hope to continue that positive trend.

Thanks again and happy birthday wackedout!

Regards,

Shawn

Mandi
12-01-2013, 07:20 AM
Happy Birthday Wackedout!!!
I was so happy when I stumbled on this forum... in January I think, it wasn't an easy find, but it's been really awesome being able to grow with it over the months and meet some amazing people that I would truly give the title "friend" to. I have been able to learn so much and in turn be able to teach a few little things to new vapers.
Thanks Shawn, for bringing us together and creating a friendly environment for us Canadians.

:canada:

Derrick.S
12-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Thank you Nicklfire. While I imagine it must have been more work than your post suggests I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thanks wackedout, and you obviously, for being an immense help and source of good information.
My heartfelt thanks.

Kubrick
12-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Happy Birthday WackedOut! :party:

Much appreciation for keeping the joint up and running. :thumb:

KanadianKat
12-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Happy 1st birthday Wackedout!
:first::tea::canada:

I stumbled on this forum last January, signed up and never looked back.

Wackedout has been a real game changer for Canadians. It's given us a place to hang out, to discuss, to hold media watches, calls to action, launch new flavors, BS with strangers about anything and everything. It has shone a light on vaping in Canada.

It is our "former smokers corner".

Thank you Nicklfire - and Happy 1st Birthday! (and thanks also to your brother for leading you down the vapin road last year).

It's gonna be a great year ahead.

Sickify
12-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Happy 1st birthday wackedout!
Not sure if I would still be using an E-Cig without this forum.
I originally created an account at ECF but the place was not for me.

This forum is a great resource for new users, and the community really makes it what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

ghostworld
12-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Happy Birthday Wacked Out!. I am so glad I found this place. I've met so many awesome people, and until I found this forum, I didn't know any other vapers.
But I must also add, my bank account hates this place!

katmandu
12-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Boy time flies when we are having fun! Happy Birthday Wacked Out!!

When I first started vaping there was a Canadian forum but it died out as everyone went over to ECF. And while ECF is a great forum for vapers, it just doesn't have that "small town" homey feel.

Saby at CEV got me over here to Wacked Out in December and I am so happy that he did.

Wacked Out has been my forum home for the last year and it's the place I'm staying. Shawn has created a place where we can discuss anything Canadian related, talk directly to our vendors, and have a sense of community as Canadian vapers.

Thank you Shawn for all of your hard work, wonderful ideas, and allowing all of us a voice in the Canadian Vaping community.

I raise a glass to you good sir. Cheers!

bk78
12-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Congrats Shawn

Redux
12-01-2013, 08:38 AM
And here is to another year

www.reduxvapers.com
Come check us out.

Goofy
12-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Happy Birthday WackedOut! I had a similar experience on ECF and then I found WackedOut and have rarely been back to ECF. This is truly the home for Canadian Vapers!

drtongue96
12-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Happy birthday from me as well!

I think this forum is 'golden' right now. It's got a lot of nice people, the best of any I've been on. I imagine the 2nd year might be more challenging as this hobby grows, and more and more people join, trolls, arguments, span etc.. Keep it under control, and it will be great!

I was on ECF back in 2008, and it was a nice forum at that time too. Even in 2008 it was pretty big, but now look. Lots of info there, but it's so so big. I prefer this of course.

Wolffy
12-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Happy Birthday Wackedout and thank you Nicklfire! I still take the odd look at ECF but do prefer the mindset here. When I first stumbled on to WO I couldn't believe the number of Canadian suppliers and crossing the border by mail does have it's problems/delays as I'm sure most of us know. Just watching the growth of the ecig industry in Canada over the last 3 months has been very encouraging.

Spreading the truth and dispelling the blatant lies and other made up rumors being spread by the news media is a very important function of this message board IMO. Just remember once upon a time it was viewed that the earth was flat. The establishment is slow to implement change even when facts are staring them in the face.

Here's to more growth and sharing of good information over the next year! :party:

That_Guy
12-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Happy birthday wackedout! And cheers to many more to come

vapingbutterfly
12-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Happy birthday wacky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Nubbie
12-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Funny how fast a year can fly by. Congratz on the one year.

Mindfield
12-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Happy Birthday, WackedOut and congrats Shawn!

When I first started vaping I didn't know of any Canadian forums. ECF was it for me for the longest time. Others sprang up from time to time, mostly foreign, but I generally only had time to stick to one forum so I stuck with ECF. When Shawn and Cmac invited me here I thought I'd give it a go. Looked good, there were a few users, it was Canadian, and frankly I'd been growing tired of ECF's increasingly draconian rules. Vendors couldn't easily mingle with common folk, and to even become a vendor was ridiculously hard. So I kinda jumped between the two ships periodically but ultimately decided to call this place my forum home. Especially after finding out that if I wanted to get suppliers status on ECF it meant I literally couldn't post anywhere, ever, because of their ridiculous rules. So I said no thank you to supplier status, and to ECF as a whole. I still keep an account there to answer PMs and such, but I hardly ever go there anymore. WackedOut has grown to pretty impressive heights and has become its own force, but maintains a wonderfully relaxed and friendly atmosphere that's welcoming. There are still rules, but you don't have to set aside a week to memorize them all.

Major
12-02-2013, 08:26 AM
:party: Happy Birthday WackedOut and congrats Shawn.:party:

vangrl
12-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Congratz Shawn, nice work!

mudferret
12-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Happy Birfday!

The site has been an invaluable resource for me thus far in my early days of vaping.

Puff
12-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Congrats and Happy Birthday WO!

NevergoIngbaCk
12-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Happy Birthday and a big thanks to Shawn. When I started vaping 8 months ago, I was reading information from a number of forums and then I happened to find Wackedout. I love the fact that it's Canadian orientated and the people are friendly.

Maja
12-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Happy Birthday! It's a wonderful and very informative site. I make many stops here each and everyday. Thanks for having me!

MagicDragin
12-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Congrats and Happy Birthday to WO and it's creator Shawn! This place is amazing an unlike so many forums it's newbie friendly. Have a question, post it, you will get answers!! I think there are many people who would be back on stinkies if it weren't for this forum and all the knowledge and help that is shared.
THANK YOU!

Michael Vapes
12-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Happy b'day. Many more :)

Vapeaholic 63
12-06-2013, 04:54 PM
A belated Happy Birthday Wackedout:canada:

kmbraun
12-07-2013, 11:08 AM
well Happy 1st B-Day for WackedOut.

smithpack0
12-07-2013, 12:51 PM
I am sorry shawn,I just watched this post so happy birthday from me as well and for all WO forum members,you too happy birthday as well.Thanks

VaporEngine Mike
12-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Happy Birthday Shawn!

akphotos
12-08-2013, 12:03 PM
WOOHOO! Happy bday WO!

Silverado55
12-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Incredible! Great job to everyone involved!

Sent from my iPhone.

SoUnique
12-09-2013, 12:02 AM
If you build it, they will come.

It's been a great year here. Happy Birthday WackedOut. :whoo:

oncesubtile
12-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Happy Birthday to Wackedout and congratulations to Shawn....whom I always want to call Shane... but one day I'll figure it out, like I will for everything else about ecigs.; their legalities, the supplies and how to work this forum overall. It's a great way to enjoy the cordiality of others while cutting out those nasty tobacco cigarettes. Many more!

>