PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Suggestions

Nicklfire
11-27-2013, 07:59 PM
So i'm looking for some moderators to join the staff. We have more members on the board online right now that i know what to do with i cannot always catch those spam threads or close threads 24/7 so having some more mods would be beneficial.

Things i look for in moderators

-active (dont have to be online every day.. but it helps)
-can be nuetral in most situations.
-knowledgeable and experienced
-must have at least over 200 posts on wackedout
-friendly (powerhungry mods will get a ban lol)

If you guys want to nominate people that's great, then i can checkout their activity and such. Or if people want to just send me a pm letting me know that would be great too. Might not be able to reply to everone but as long as i get a good list that would be great.

If you nominate someone and you noticed they were nominated already just type their name and put +2 or +9 depending how many times they have been nominated, this helps me out alot.

Regards,

Shawn

That_Guy
11-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Dammit.. I don't have 200 posts... hold on I gotta spam some threads. Brb... lol

KanadianKat
11-27-2013, 08:53 PM
I`d nominate Katmandu - if she`s open to it.

Other nominees:

Vangirl

Csmoka

Nubbie

lucv13
11-27-2013, 11:29 PM
I'll help out on the overnight if you like, I usually login Sunday to Thursday while at work 11pm to 6.30 ish - not too often on the weekends though. LMK

FarmerD
11-27-2013, 11:55 PM
im a mod on a car forum and neutral is the best place to be.+1 for vangurl

NevergoIngbaCk
11-28-2013, 05:41 AM
KanadianKat +1

Nemesis
11-28-2013, 08:09 AM
brijaco would be a good choice , I think that 200 barrier should be lifted because some really active new members will be automatically excluded.

We need someone with open mind and a soft touch . I would hate to see a Taliban approach regarding for example Clones.

MrTGun
11-28-2013, 08:43 AM
I would hate to see a Taliban approach regarding for example Clones.

They have their own sub now, fear not ;)

I'll happily throw my name in the hat for the "Experienced Vapers" section. I figure I requested it, it would be wrong of me not to want to moderate it.

~TG

smithpack0
11-28-2013, 12:12 PM

Other nominees:

Vangirl

Csmoka

Nubbie

Why girls only recommend girls lol.................just kidding +2 for katmandu,vangrl,nubbie,csmoka as almost everyone have soft touch in posts and if vendor can,t moderate is not a law +2 for kanadiankat as well as I find her neutral in many posts.+1 for nemesis(LessisMore) as well.

KanadianKat
11-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Why girls only recommend girls lol.................just kidding +2 for katmandu,vangrl,nubbie,csmoka as almost everyone have soft touch in posts and if vendor can,t moderate is not a law +2 for kanadiankat as well as I find her neutral in many posts.+1 for nemesis(LessisMore) as well.

smithy my dear - 2 of my nominees are female, 2 are male :)

MrTGun
11-28-2013, 12:37 PM
smithy my dear - 2 of my nominees are female, 2 are male

Today I learned that if you are soft spoken an non-confrontational on the internet you will get mistaken for a woman.

~TG

Bluemonday
11-28-2013, 02:26 PM

Other nominees:

Vangirl

Csmoka

Nubbie

+1 for all the above

KanadianKat
11-28-2013, 02:53 PM

There would certainly be a big conflict of interest there.

Also - running a full time biz keeps me in grey hair (...expecting it to show up any day now). Adding more tasks to the already too-long list would make my hair fall out.

Notfitforpublic
11-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Kubrick for sure, if he's willing.

kryptic4l
11-28-2013, 03:53 PM
onixia - friendly as they get, and she's usually online late at night when some of the spammers show up.

Vaper_Dave
12-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Kubrick 2X

Mandi
12-01-2013, 03:16 PM
+3 (I think this would be the third vote) for Nubbie.
He's always been friendly and helpful.
There are many others that are also, so really hard to nail down one person. But as someone that stands out, always a contributing member, knowledgeable/experienced, always seems to be online and makes appearances at meets, I think he would do well in this position.

ItsJustVapor
12-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Vaper_Dave gets my vote.

Super helpful, massing a great amount of knowledge and still learning, humble as pie, quick with congrats and helpful suggestions. Seems to always be online :)

sent from the Nether with my diamond enchanted pick

MrTGun
12-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Vaper_Dave gets my vote.

Super helpful, massing a great amount of knowledge and still learning, humble as pie, quick with congrats and helpful suggestions. Seems to always be online :)

sent from the Nether with my diamond enchanted pick

No argument there. Plus he's way less of a dick than either Random or I ;)

TG

Vaper_Dave
12-01-2013, 06:34 PM
No argument there. Plus he's way less of a dick than either Random or I ;)

TG

Yea but you guys are more fun! :high5:

Nicklfire
12-01-2013, 08:48 PM
keep em coming guys, love the community input

sunmerly
12-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Under normal circumstances, I'm not online weekend

Allecigs
12-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Hey

+ one for vangrl
+ one for nubbie
+ one for Mr T gun

Puff
12-02-2013, 07:06 AM
+ Vangrl
+ Nubbie
+ Kubrick

cc_blu
12-04-2013, 06:52 PM
i nominate GHOSTWORLD!!!

cuz she's awesome and she'd be the greatest mod ever

Puff
12-05-2013, 08:27 AM
i nominate GHOSTWORLD!!!

cuz she's awesome and she'd be the greatest mod ever

I think she'd be good too :)

+ghostworld

vangrl
12-05-2013, 09:50 AM
thanks for the votes peeps, very sweet of you! ….I’m a bit surprised as I find I can be a bit argumentative at times, although it’s always in good fun!

Also, I love a good debate so I might not be the best person to decide whether a thread should be closed, unless of course it starts to feel racist, homophobic or someone doesn’t agree with me:)

I’d vote for

Ghostworld +4 i think?
Puff
Katmandu + 4
Nubbie + 7
Kubrick +4

All great members, that seem to be even-tempered , friendly & knowledgeable

Puff
12-05-2013, 04:41 PM
thanks for the votes peeps, very sweet of you! ….I’m a bit surprised as I find I can be a bit argumentative at times, although it’s always in good fun!

Also, I love a good debate so I might not be the best person to decide whether a thread should be closed, unless of course it starts to feel racist, homophobic or someone doesn’t agree with me:)

I’d vote for

Ghostworld +4 i think?
Puff
Katmandu + 4
Nubbie + 7
Kubrick +4

All great members, that seem to to even-tempered , friendly & knowledgeable

Thanks very much for the vote <3 But...

a) I wouldn't make a good mod.
b) I really don't want to be a mod. :)

>