PDA

View Full Version : HCigar Group Buys - Full Catalog!

Pages : [1] 2 3

realbriguy
11-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Current hottest item!

Official photos of the HB-50 received. These look fantastic. Photos updated above, and on the sales page. Click through to view more:

HCigar Box Mod HB-50: 50 Watt Regulated Variable Wattage Box Mod (http://www.vapetriad.com/hcigar-box-mod-hb-50-50-watt-regulated/)

Order soon! These HB series box mods will be ready to ship by the end of this week, and I should have them no later than the second week of December - Just in time for the Christmas holidays! At this price point, these will make a fantastic Christmas gift for your vaping loved ones. As usual, this discounted preorder price will hold until the shipping notice is received, after which, it will go up to the shown higher price.

Also managed to get my hands on a few authentic Sony VTC4's after months of searching for a reliable supplier.

FOR ADDITIONAL SAVINGS!
Canadians! Use coupon code EMT79 to get an additional 7.9% off your sub-total when paying by cash or Interac e-Transfer (EMT)!

Note: Due to the website structure, I cannot automatically restrict this coupon code to selected payment methods. So if I see an order placed through using this code with credit card as the payment method, I will void the order and refund the pre-authorized funds from the credit card.

This thread is primarily for a co-op / group buy for any of HCigar's products, with pickups available in the greater Toronto area.

Pre-Order - Vape Triad (http://www.vapetriad.com/pre-order/)

This thread serves as a secondary contact point for the primary point of contact at the Facebook group located here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hcigarbuys/

Orders can now be placed through the e-Commerce site: Vape Triad offers HCigar personal vaporizers / vapourizers for your e-cig / ecig / e-cigarette / electronic cigarette vaping / smoking needs (http://www.vapetriad.com).

Specifically, all of the current preorders can be accessed through this section of the Vape Triad site: Pre-Order - Vape Triad (http://www.vapetriad.com/pre-order/)

If you have any questions, feel free to post in this group, or message me either by private message on Wacked Out, via my Facebook account, or email at vapetriad [at] gmail (dot) com.

The information contained in this post is not fully up-to-date, as it is only a secondary transaction point for me. To get the most recent updates, follow the Facebook group and purchases can be made directly through the web portal Vape Triad offers HCigar personal vaporizers / vapourizers for your e-cig / ecig / e-cigarette / electronic cigarette vaping / smoking needs (http://www.vapetriad.com).

Payments for preorder items must be paid up front for your order to be placed on the list.

Payments are expected to be paid up front for preorders.

Shipping is extra. Run your desired order through the shopping cart on the site to get a shipping estimate. Local pick ups also welcome. Just choose that as your shipping option when checking out.

Cheers,
Brian

realbriguy
11-22-2013, 01:10 PM
I just realized that all of my email alerts regarding private messages were going in to my junk mail folder. Apologies for not replying to you guys sooner, I'm going to respond to the messages now.

Brian

realbriguy
11-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Just a little bit over one more day for you guys to get your orders and payments in to get these goodies at this discounted preorder price.

Jorad
11-24-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm in for a nemesis

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vdaedalus
11-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Yeah, PMed. Did a bit of research on the HCigars, side-by-side reviews with the real thing, looks excellent. Perfect first dip of my toe in to mech waters.

realbriguy
11-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Placeholder

realbriguy
11-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Place holder

vdaedalus
11-24-2013, 07:46 PM
In for a penny, in for a pound...

RudyVapour
11-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Guess I missed the pre-order price...what will post-order pricing be?

Sent from here to there...somehow or another...I dunno go ask your mother.

realbriguy
11-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Guess I missed the pre-order price...what will post-order pricing be?

The first post has just been updated with the revised prices. The Kayfun prices will remain in effect until this coming Friday, after which, it will go through a similar slight increase.

All of the other prices are as shown, until the shipment lands in my hands.

realbriguy
11-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Just updated quantities. Nemesis Stainless Steel almost sold out.

It was actually already sold out earlier today... even OVER sold, but I was able to change up the purchase order so that more of the two-tone Nemesis were allocated to Stainless Steel. There's now room for three more Stainless Steel.

I had underestimated how popular the Stainless Steel colour would be. I would have thought the two-toned version would be more popular.

The Kayfun 3.1, I managed to sell 1/3rd of the order in the first hour of posting them up.

If you were on the fence about picking something up, better do it soon before they're GONE!

realbriguy
11-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Just a reminder, less than one more day for the discounted pre-order pricing on the Kayfun 3.1, and then the price will go up a bit! If you were waiting to buy, now's the time!

realbriguy
12-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates. I keep forgetting that not all of my buyers are on Facebook. The majority are, but I know not everyone is.

I just wanted to post a few updates.

The first update, presents some good news, as well as bad news.

The bad news first: I got an update on the status of the Hammers, and they're still 1000 units behind in shipping. They're still clearing one order from November 7th, followed by another order on the 13th, and then another on the 14th. Mine is in queue as of November 19th. I asked for a realistic deadline for production, and I wasn't able to get a solid response. It's still as vague as the initial "1-2 weeks" that they'd originally given me. It's still a new product for them, and they're still figuring out production times. I understand WHY they can't give me a good answer, it's just not very satisfactory to me, nor do I want to keep you guys waiting any longer than you need to.

This brings me to the good news: Since the Nemesis, Kayfun and Ithaka are all in stock and ready to ship, I requested the shipments to be split, and everything that's in stock to be shipped out first. As of last night, these items are now INBOUND to me!

DHL Express tracking:
http://www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/express/tracking.shtml?brand=DHL&AWB=1289210775%0D%0A

Assuming no unexpected delays (if anything, it would be by the CBSA), I should have this shipment by the end of this week!

I apologize to everyone who purchased Hammers. I wish I had more control, and even my sales rep is very apologetic about it. She can only relay projected dates that her manager and the machinists give her. To be honest, I'm not surprised this happened, and I should have known better than to take their word at face value. I have enough experience with Chinese manufacturers to know that more often than not, they are more likely to over promise and under deliver. Their intent is not malicious... they just honestly don't know, and if we (as customers) press them for an answer, then they just sort of give a number to satisfy me at the moment. Because this is a new product with a massive demand, it's hard for them to project the deadline, since their workflow on it is still being worked out.

For now, I'm estimating another 2 weeks till they are ready to ship out the Hammers. I've put up extra money out of my own pocket to split the shipments so that the Nemmy/Ithaka/Kayfun buyers can get their goods before Christmas, and there's still a chance that these Hammers can get to me by Christmas. I hope to get these in your hands by then as well.

Cheers,
Brian

realbriguy
12-03-2013, 10:09 AM
w00t! My next biggest worry just got clearance!

Shipment has been given a release by Customs.

vdaedalus
12-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the updates, really appreciate it.

bdpf
12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the update.
Please keep updating on here as I'm on of those that is not on Facebook :embarassed:

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 11:00 AM
WOW, I've never had a shipment physically clear customs, get to the sorting facility, loaded on the truck and shipped to me all in the same day! I don't have the package yet, but tracking shows it as en route to me right now!

For everyone else who's been hemming and hawing about whether they want to buy these HCigar clones now at these great prices, NOW is the time to do it, because the moment this shipment drops in my hands, the prices are going up to retail prices. You have a couple hours left, at MOST!

The Hammer is behind schedule, so the current pricing will remain for another couple of weeks till they land.

vdaedalus
12-04-2013, 11:18 AM
That WAS fast. I don't know how big the group ended up being, but do you have a rough idea of the timeline for passing orders along once the shipment is in your hands?

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I have to split this up into roughly 40 orders.

My process the moment the shipment lands is as follows:

1) Open the package and do inventory to make sure everything I'm expecting has arrived.

2) Split out the US orders, scale them up, and contact all US buyers with their shipping quotes so that I can begin receiving payments tomorrow. I'm planning a trip in to Buffalo tomorrow, so I want to be able to ship out all of the US orders at that time to keep those buyers from waiting.

3) While I wait for US shipping payments to come in, I'm going to next split out the local pickup orders. There are only 4, so that should be quick. I'm expecting the calls to start coming in tonight.

4) Split out the Canadian shipments, assemble those packages, and for those of you who have exceptionally large orders, I'll get you your shipping quotes (or in some case, a revision).

I hope to have everything shipped out by tomorrow.

Good quality products, yes?
Good prices, yes?
Good service, yes?
Fast service, yes?

I would love to be able to do a quality control through all of the items as well, but that will easily kill an entire day, which I don't have. I think at this price point, it is what it is.

I'll have more time to do quality control for the remaining items, which I'll be selling in the classifieds or on eBay.

vdaedalus
12-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Tomorrow!?

http://topliners.eloqua.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-34507-84829/fc8c2dd9c5.png

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Yup! Merry Christmas? LOL.

I don't want the wife to give me sh!t over all this inventory lying around the house. LOL

pulp
12-04-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm seriously considering getting The Hammer clone you are offering. Man, the original sure is a work of art. I have no experience with e-pipes though. I don't even know if you can use the same juice. LOL I currently use a Halo Tritan system. The Hammer would be nice for those after-dinner vape sessions. Can you vape from it straight out of the box, or does one need to get a stem/drip tip? I like this small one and the larger wooden:

http://i41.tinypic.com/b84k0w.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/20gog9c.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2e4f30g.jpg

bdpf
12-04-2013, 12:28 PM
What happen to those of us that have some items arriving today but are also waiting for the Hammer?

vdaedalus
12-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Can you vape from it straight out of the box, or does one need to get a stem/drip tip? I like this small one and the larger wooden:

They're pretty much just a battery tube and a mechanical switch. In the Hammer's case you mount your atomizer/cartomizer/clearomizer/whatever perpendicularly to the battery. You can take a closer look here (http://www.vaperev.com/blog/the-hammer/).

The wooden one is from ePipeMods (http://www.epipemods.com/), and is the same deal. battery goes in the wooden bowl, switch goes on top, you screw your vape device onto it and off you go.

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Pulp,

I'm gifting a Hammer x Ithaka setup to one of my buddies who is also on the Halo Triton system.

e-pipes are really no different from any other mechanical mod. The only difference is the shape and placement of the button.

By extension, it's really no different from your Triton, either, except for the lack of button control electronics. It's all mechanical functioning.

The Hammer itself could be considered like your Triton battery. It's just a battery housing. The magic happens in the atomizer, which is like your Triton Tank. You need to buy some sort of a 510 atomizer to fit on to the mod. The examples that you showed are really nice examples.

In the images, I can see either an Ithaka or Kayfun attached to some of the Hammers, both of which I have coming in on this order. You will need to learn how to rebuild atomizers to use these. If rebuilding isn't your thing, you can also pick up other 510 atomizers that have easily replaceable coils, like a Protank or something similar. But really... if you want the best performance, durability, and lowest running costs, you should learn to rebuild on a good quality atomizer.

Juices... again, it's the same stuff. In fact, I'm vaping some Halo Tribeca out of an RBA right now.

When it comes to unkicked mechanicals (like the Hammer), you'll need to learn a bit about electronics and know Ohm's law and how it equates to Wattage. Sweeter juices (especially ones that have artificial chocolate flavourings in it) can cause heavy caramelization with the type of wattage that these devices are capable of putting out.

As for vaping right out of the box... first, the Hammer is JUST the battery housing. So, no. You cannot vape it straight out of the box. You'll need a battery and an atomizer to go with that. As for whether it comes with a drip tip or not, that really depends on the atomizer. Some come with drip tips, some do not. MOST do not come with those really fancy long drip tips that are shown in your example photos... that does look really nice, and I'm going to have to pick up some long drip tips now! LOL! Most atomizers come with a short drip tip, if they come with any drip tip at all.

The drip tips are easily swappable. They follow an industry size standard of "510". As long as it says it's a 510 drip tip, it should fit in to most atomizers that can accept it. Keep in mind, SOME devices (such as the Kayfun 3.1) use a proprietary mouthpiece hole and require an adapter to fit 510 drip tips. I'm not sure if the HCigar clone comes with that adapter, but the real one does.

pulp
12-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Ok, from the http://www.hcigar.com/P_view.asp?pid=403 it looks like it only comes in 2 pieces. I have some research to do. It'd be hell to have it but not able to vape from her because of missing components! LOL

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mzldfb.jpg

****EDIT****

Thank you for the detailed info.... you beat me before clicking POST! LOL

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
What happen to those of us that have some items arriving today but are also waiting for the Hammer?

We can create two scenarios, which I'll actually be contacting all of those affected about shortly:

1) I ship what is in stock now, and a second shipment for the Hammer when it arrives. Additional postage cost applies.

2) You wait for the Hammer to arrive, and then I can ship you everything at once to save you 2x postage costs.

I'll keep the whip cracking on this Chinese sweatshop... I'll get them to bring in their 5 & 6 year old children to increase production speed. Their tiny little fingers can probably fit the small parts easier than the adults can! LOL

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Ok, from the http://www.hcigar.com/P_view.asp?pid=403 it looks like it only comes in 2 pieces. I have some research to do. It'd be hell to have it but not able to vape from her because of missing components! LOL

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mzldfb.jpg

****EDIT****

Thank you for the detailed info.... you beat me before clicking POST! LOL

The "two parts" actually breaks down in to 7 parts (more, if you can slip the Delrin insulators off.)

The tube portion on the left are the battery extension tubes. It allows you to use 18500 or 18650 batteries with the setup. By default, the Hammer is designed to only use 18350 batteries, which are much smaller. All of the previous images shown, show the setup with 18350 batteries.

The extension tubes go between the pipe body and the switch that sits on top. To me, I think that's ugly, but to each, their own. Example:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1464115_10152037943524184_1312537843_n.jpg

To get started on a mechanical mod setup, there are a few things you will need:

- Mechanical mod
- Battery (to put in the mod body)
- Atomizer
- Drip tip (if the atomizer doesn't come with it)
- Coiling wire
- Wick
- Juice

Those are the bare basics you'll need, to get vaping on such a setup.

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 02:26 PM
DOH!

The driver couldn't find my new street, and he's already left the area. I wish he would have at least called me like the UPS drivers do.

Unfortunately, they'll have to re-schedule the delivery for tomorrow afternoon, between 2:30pm-7pm.

Sorry, folks. Nothing to pick up tonight...

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Any interest in any other HCigar items or more of the ones from this current order?

I can tag a low MOQ order for any other items on to the Hammer shipment.

At this point, it looks like the Hammer has a high chance of arriving after Christmas. My sales rep is very unsure on any sort of delivery date at this point, and she's afraid of giving me any sort of date because they're not sure if they can meet it. The Hammer has some manufacturing challenges that other mods and atomizers do not face.

Bluemonday
12-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Do you have any Kayfuns left ? If so can you PM me payment details including shipping to Calgary :) Ill take 2

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Do you have any Kayfuns left ? If so can you PM me payment details including shipping to Calgary :) Ill take 2

All Kayfun's gone from this current order, but I can tag more on to the Hammer shipment.

pulp
12-04-2013, 09:49 PM
I totally hear ya about the 18500 or 18650 batteries making The Hammer look ugly, yeah, I'd stay with the 18350's.

You will need to learn how to rebuild atomizers to use these. If rebuilding isn't your thing, you can also pick up other 510 atomizers that have easily replaceable coils, like a Protank or something similar.

Ok, rebuilding is not my thing.... for now, but if I get it and do the 510 atomizer tang to get me up and running/enjoying it asap, will I lose this look?

http://i40.tinypic.com/14b6txi.jpg

I don't want to imagine what it would look like with a Kanger on it and 2 inches of glass or plastic showing.... are there user-friendly 510's that can make The Hammer *look* similar to above pic? This wouldn't be my regular vape, convenience of Triton is, but an after-dinner treat. Haha. I will need lots of time to learn re-builds and I can't disparage the Hammer in the interlude. LOL

Bluemonday
12-04-2013, 09:50 PM
All Kayfun's gone from this current order, but I can tag more on to the Hammer shipment.

Money sent :) look forward to getting them, thanks a bunch for your help

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 10:16 PM
I totally hear ya about the 18500 or 18650 batteries making The Hammer look ugly, yeah, I'd stay with the 18350's.

Ok, rebuilding is not my thing.... for now, but if I get it and do the 510 atomizer tang to get me up and running/enjoying it asap, will I lose this look?

I don't want to imagine what it would look like with a Kanger on it and 2 inches of glass or plastic showing.... are there user-friendly 510's that can make The Hammer *look* similar to above pic? This wouldn't be my regular vape, convenience of Triton is, but an after-dinner treat. Haha. I will need lots of time to learn re-builds and I can't disparage the Hammer in the interlude. LOL

Unfortunately, I'm not actually that familiar with those replaceable full coil systems... someone else might want to chime in here, but I don't think I can recall ever seeing one that looks as nice as the Kayfun or Ithaka. (The one installed int hat picture you linked is a Kayfun.)

pulp
12-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not actually that familiar with those replaceable full coil systems... someone else might want to chime in here, but I don't think I can recall ever seeing one that looks as nice as the Kayfun or Ithaka. (The one installed int hat picture you linked is a Kayfun.)

Wow. You don't even need to see any of the slim window if you don't want to: "The Kayfun Lite Plus kit allows two configurations with either a clear window or full stainless setup." But I do prefer the original Kayfun pic with the engraving on it.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1z64c2e.jpg

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/Svoemesto-Kayfun-Lite-Pl

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Wow. You don't even need to see any of the slim window if you don't want to: "The Kayfun Lite Plus kit allows two configurations with either a clear window or full stainless setup." But I do prefer the original Kayfun pic with the engraving on it.

Yup! Exactly. The clones I'm bringing in come with both the metal tank as well as the clear tank as well.

It also has a host of other features that the replaceable coil systems don't, such as juice flow control, air flow control... and of course, the durability and ability to replace coils/wicks as well as building the coils/wicks to the way that you like to vape.

realbriguy
12-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Rebuilding isn't actually that difficult. It's just getting the supplies you need, wrapping the wire around some wick, and screwing the leads down. It only gets more difficult and complicated (and dangerous) when you start doing sub-ohm setups.

Having a multimeter on hand is also a good tool to have, because it can tell you right away if you have a short somewhere in your build.

pulp
12-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Well, the most I've done is unscrew the coils from the Triton Tanks, pull the dual wicks out + plastic cap, wash everything under warm running water, let dry and put back together. LOL!

***EDIT***

If anyone knows of a replaceable/washable full coil system that would look good (small/tiny window, mostly stainless steel) on this clone, please hook a brother up! :photo:

pulp
12-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Do you guys polish the Kayfuns to look as nice as the one in bottom pic? How *involved* is that process? I see three variations but none come close to the bottom pic. Which kind did you order, realbriguy?

http://i43.tinypic.com/fyk580.jpg

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 04:06 AM
The Kayfun 3.1 "Delta" is polished.

There are no known polished clones at this time, but I bought an extra one to try buffing one to a polish. I'd just replace one of my wheels on my bench grinder with a buffing wheel, apply some polishing compound, and go to town on it. I risk losing the logo, but I don't particularly care for it.

The Ithaka clone I'm bringing in comes fully polished already.
It'll look like this when the Ithaka is assembled with the Hammer:

http://www.ultravaping.com/v/vspfiles/photos/H-GU-KATOHAMMER-2.jpg

pulp
12-05-2013, 04:10 AM
That looks better but the Ithaca looks brighter than the Hammer clone. LOL Dang, I really love the polished look of Kato's.

pulp
12-05-2013, 04:49 AM
Wait a minute: "no known polished clones" I'm confused. Are you saying the Hammer clones are NOT polished, or the atomizer clones? Is the HCigar as polished as Kato's? #shinybrightthings

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 05:05 AM
Wait a minute: "no known polished clones" I'm confusesd. Are you saying the Hammer clones are NOT polished, or the atomizer clones? Is the HCigar as polished as Kato's? #shinybrightthings

Sorry, I was referring only to the Kayfun clones. That image is of a full clone setup. There are only polished Hammers available at this time. Both the Kato (original) and HCigar Hammers are made of the same material and polished, so the luster and shade should be the same.

I think a Russian 91% clone recently came out, which is polished. From what I understand, it's basically a clone of a clone of the Kayfun Lite. Lol

pulp
12-05-2013, 05:08 AM
Gotcha, thanks and PFFFEW! LOL

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 05:29 AM
Keep in mind, there is another clone of the Hammer available, made by Tobeco. It's the one you most commonly see available due to being first to market with higher production capability, but has inferior quality in comparison to the HCigar clone. The engravings, surface and edge finishes are not as clean as the HCigar version, nor are the components as well fitting. The Tobeco button has a bit more wobble to it than it should, and is very light weight.

The Tobeco version isn't crap. It's still functional and does what it's supposed to do. As the old saying goes: "you get what you pay for". It comes down to what you're willing to compromise to meet the price you can afford.

MrTGun
12-05-2013, 05:39 AM
As the old saying goes: "you get what you pay for". It comes down to what you're willing to compromise to meet the price you can afford.

Truer words have never been spoken ;)

~TG

bdpf
12-05-2013, 05:55 AM
If anyone knows of a replaceable/washable full coil system that would look good (small/tiny window, mostly stainless steel) on this clone, please hook a brother up! :photo:

Not tiny window or full stainless steel but I think a Protank 2 or David will look good on the hammer and their tank is pyrex/glass so you don't need to worry about which type of liquid you're putting in.

Nemesis
12-05-2013, 06:39 AM
Not tiny window or full stainless steel but I think a Protank 2 or David will look good on the hammer and their tank is pyrex/glass so you don't need to worry about which type of liquid you're putting in.

Problem is that all these tanks are bottom fed and the Hammer will put them in the wrong position...

My 2c

bdpf
12-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Valid point!
Although, as long as the tank is not completely dry or the mod gets tilted a little it should be fine

Bluemonday
12-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Well, the most I've done is unscrew the coils from the Triton Tanks, pull the dual wicks out + plastic cap, wash everything under warm running water, let dry and put back together. LOL!

***EDIT***

I was much the same as you..so I ordered 20 extra pre built wicks as well. D'oh once I got them and changed my first coil I saw just how easy it is and will be rebuilding as soon as all the prebuilts are gone.
If you can do all that with the Triton you can change a coil on a rebuildable. I just got my Kayfun from China (and ordered 2 more from Brian) :)
As far as Clearo's I think the best performing and looking are .. Pro tank 3 and the Iclear 30s both look great.

pulp
12-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm *this* close to pulling the switch! LOL I'm willing to compromise on an unpolished Kayfun for greater functionality but which of the three polishes will be in the order: semi, brushed or satin? Also, does it come with drip tip adapter to accept standard 510 tips?

If it's brushed, I think I'll go Ithaca. Decisions decisions.... :wacko:

vdaedalus
12-05-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm *this* close to pulling the switch! LOL

ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF US.

The Rocket is a Kayfun clone that comes polished, pulp. I know Canvape carries it (http://www.canvape.com/Rocket-Kayfun-3-1-Clone-Rebuildable-Atomizer-p/rocket.htm) for sure, probably others. $30. I've heard good things.

The Hcigar is a better clone, pretty sure it's stainless whereas some (including the Rocket) are brass or copper, chrome plated. But if you really want polished, and you want it out of the box...

pulp
12-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Niiiiiiice, thanks vdaedalus! Ithaka or Rocket.... LOL!

bdpf
12-05-2013, 12:15 PM
If you decide to go with the Ithaka, do your homework as you'll need NR-R-NR wires to make it work (watch a few youtube videos).

pulp
12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
If you decide to go with the Ithaka, do your homework as you'll need NR-R-NR wires to make it work (watch a few youtube videos).

The Russian Rocket it will be! :topsy_turvy: Thank you for the guidance, bdpf..... baby steps! :baby:

bdpf
12-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm no expert as both the Ithaka and the Kayfun from this co-op will be my first rebuildables. I did my homework however and have an idea of what to expect, can't wait to play with them both ;)

vdaedalus
12-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Everything I've read implies that the Ithaka is a more difficult build than the Kayfun, even in its 'simpler' single-coil configurations.

Really can't wait to play with the Kayfun and Nemesis. Glad realbriguy decided to post it here and not just on Facebook.

pulp
12-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Which one do you think will more closely resemble the Hammer, Frosted or Polished?

http://i41.tinypic.com/auzdp3.jpg

bdpf
12-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Everything I've read implies that the Ithaka is a more difficult build than the Kayfun, even in its 'simpler' single-coil configurations.

Really can't wait to play with the Kayfun and Nemesis. Glad realbriguy decided to post it here and not just on Facebook.
Yes, I've read the same thing, however it shouldn't be too bad with some of those wires ;)
http://greyhaze.co.uk/products/no-resistence-to-resistence-coil-wire-ready-made
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004596/1521300-pre-made-welded-wires-nr-r-nr-100-pack

vdaedalus
12-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Which one do you think will more closely resemble the Hammer, Frosted or Polished?

Polished for sure. Also, expect to wait for it in the mail for about a month, give or take, unless you upgrade the shipping (which will cost as much as that clone does).

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 01:11 PM
DHL is an organization of idiots. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. The shipment STILL hasn't arrived, and on inquiry as to why that is, the response I'm given is "oh... it's on HOLD. Not sure why..." It's being held at a warehouse that's a 70km round trip for me, which I don't have time to make, right now. Bunch of idiots. I made it clear yesterday that I wanted it delivered today. Why would they hold it? In any case, I'm done with their shenanigans and their drivers that don't know how to use Google Maps (my address is registered on Google Maps now), so I requested that they just move the package to my local depot for pickup TOMORROW... it *might* be there after 3pm, but I'll have to follow tracking to confirm that.

For the folks planning on making pickups tonight, sorry, but that won't be able to happen again. Tomorrow will *hopefully* yield better results...

You know that irritation you feel when you forgot your vape gear at home and you're out all day long? Yeah, that's the irritation I feel right now.

pulp
12-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Polished for sure. Also, expect to wait for it in the mail for about a month, give or take, unless you upgrade the shipping (which will cost as much as that clone does).

No worries, I'm going CanVape! http://www.canvape.com/Rocket-Kayfun-3-1-Clone-Rebuildable-Atomizer-p/rocket.htm

bdpf
12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Is vaporbreak an asian supplier?

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm *this* close to pulling the switch! LOL I'm willing to compromise on an unpolished Kayfun for greater functionality but which of the three polishes will be in the order: semi, brushed or satin? Also, does it come with drip tip adapter to accept standard 510 tips?

If it's brushed, I think I'll go Ithaca. Decisions decisions.... :wacko:

It's a satin finish.

Unsure about the 510 drip tip adapter... I was hoping to find out YESTERDAY, but it looks like we'll have to wait till TOMORROW. UGH!

Regarding Ithaka, it's a significantly harder atomizer to build, and is considered for advanced users. You need to use welded Non-Resistance and Resistance wiring to get it to function.

pulp
12-05-2013, 01:14 PM
DHL is an organization of idiots.... I feel your pain. Here in Ottawa, I swear to god they purposefully say they went to your house (did not, I'm home - I keep the car in the garage and have a webcam pointing on porch) just so you go and pick-up at their waaaaaaaaaay out there depot and pay extra $! I NEVER use DHL after they screwed me twice over.

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Is vaporbreak an asian supplier?

They're located in Shenzhen, China. Their shipments are transferred through HKPost as the regional shipping hub... so unless you upgraded to a faster service (like SpeedPost EMS), expect to wait around a month for it.

pulp
12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Okay, I will make the order tonight. I'm gonna go on my own with The Rocket, over the group Kayfun, because I LOVE the unified polished look of the 2 pieces. If anyone thinks I'm making a mistake, please *pipe* up <<GROAN>> and let me know! Thank you fellahs. :)

vdaedalus
12-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Okay, I will make the order tonight. I'm gonna go on my own with The Rocket, over the group Kayfun, because I LOVE the unified polished look of the 2 pieces. If anyone thinks I'm making a mistake, please *pipe* up <<GROAN>> and let me know! Thank you fellahs. :)

Well, you're making a BIG jump, hardware wise, and there's going to be a learning curve, but so long as you're okay with that, why not?

By the way, have you taken care of any of the other things you'll need? There's an itemized list upthread, but a reminder. Some 18350 batteries (two to start, I'd say, so you always have one ready to go; the Efest 800mAh IMRs you can get from virtually every online vendor are fine), a charger for those batteries, some kanthal wire (28 gauge? anyone?), and either some silica wick or organic cotton balls/cotton pleat. Minimum. If you're missing any of those, enjoy your polished stainless paperweight.

If we're being smart, I'd have a device on hand that can measure your resistance (ohm meter, or variable wattage mod that can show you your coil's resistance). You're going to be directly discharging a battery through a wire, things can go very wrong very fast if you don't know how that current is being spent.

It's going to be a lot of money, all at once, but if you stick with it, the costs go down very fast. Well, if you don't keep buying mod after rebuildable after mod after rebuildable. I pay under $15 for 100 feet of wire, I have a lifetime supply of cotton pleat I spent $4 for, and I can use the batteries and charger I have now for all of my other devices.

pulp
12-05-2013, 06:14 PM
.... Minimum. If you're missing any of those, enjoy your polished stainless paperweight.... Thank you vdaedalus, absolutely, I hear ya, and I KNOW it will be the most beautiful *paperweight* ever, sitting on my mantelpiece with a long ass stem! LOL I will be reading, watching countless videos and collecting equipment/supplies for quite a while before that first Vape. My birthday is in June, I might be ready by then. :pray2: It will be suhweet! Thanks again man!

Arwtotheknee
12-05-2013, 06:42 PM
I feel your pain. Here in Ottawa, I swear to god they purposefully say they went to your house (did not, I'm home - I keep the car in the garage and have a webcam pointing on porch) just so you go and pick-up at their waaaaaaaaaay out there depot and pay extra $! I NEVER use DHL after they screwed me twice over.
Purolator does the same thing. Was waiting for some Dyson products shipped with them and they "attempted to deliver" according to my tracking number. Called them and they said "We sometimes don't go to apartment buildings" Bulllllllshiiiiiiiiit

pulp
12-05-2013, 09:40 PM
REALBRIGUY: Your Inbox is too FULL. You have to clear some out before the Forum allows more. I had to CANCEL an order.

"The following errors occurred with your submission
realbriguy has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Hey folks,

Sorry, I just realized my mailbox was full. I cleared out half my messages. Hit me by email at realbriguy ( at ) hotmail (dot) com if that happens again.

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Saw your reply, pulp. LOL. No worries about the lost "sale". I'm not making any money on this anyways, so please be patient. This isn't my day job, nor is it a part time job. It's no job, and only a hobby. If you want faster service, try one of the established retailers listed on Wacked Out.

Apologies again for slow responses this evening. I've been crazy busy today. Even if I'd received the package today, I wouldn't have had any time to do any inventory or sorting. At most, I could've just pulled a couple items just met up with the few locals doing pickups.

Will be quite swamped till the weekend, but like I said, hit me by email as above. It'll be faster for me to respond that way rather than through the private messaging system here.

Cheers,
Brian

pulp
12-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Groovy. Well, busy means making money. LOL If you happen to have any left by Xmas, I will be in TO for the week and can take one off your hands if Wifey falls through. :tape: :pound:

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 09:57 PM
I just noticed in my email, the 32 PM's you tried to send me, Pulp. LOL. Relaaaax.... vape a big cloud... people aren't dying here. :D

realbriguy
12-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Yeah, busy means making money to pay the Christmas bills that are already racking up pretty hard. LOL.

I'm sure I'll have a few left by Christmas. These are moving quite slow, unfortunately, and I've already paid them all up front. At this point, I'm actually hoping I get a bunch in hand so that I can sell them at profit to make up for my time and capital investment on these, having my cash tied up like this.

pulp
12-05-2013, 10:01 PM
I just noticed in my email, the 32 PM's you tried to send me, Pulp. LOL. Relaaaax.... vape a big cloud... people aren't dying here. :D LMFFAO!!!! I didn't notice the FINE PRINT and couldn't figure out what was wrong. The error message is TINY. But I didn't know I hit SEND 32 times! :peep: Screwy board sometimes! :whistle:

realbriguy
12-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Just picked up the shipment. Did quick inventory in my car while waiting for someone to come pick his order up. These are REALLY nice, and worth the stress. Far better than the fasttech versions I have. The Kayfun comes with the 510 drip tip adapter! Woohoo

vdaedalus
12-06-2013, 09:30 AM
The Kayfun comes with the 510 drip tip adapter!

Aaaa that is so exciting. What's the etching like on the Nemesis? I mean, I guess I'll see soon enough but TELL ME.

realbriguy
12-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Aaaa that is so exciting. What's the etching like on the Nemesis? I mean, I guess I'll see soon enough but TELL ME.

They're pretty clean and sharp. Definitely better than the Tobeco one I saw. But there's stilla bit of smudging. I've heard of people cleaning it up, but I can't remember the process. Apparently it's real easy to clean up, and even handling it for a while will remove the smudging.

vdaedalus
12-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks. I've actually had similar smudging that ended up going away on other things, I'm entirely okay with it.

realbriguy
12-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I think it's just the coloring they use to fill the engraving. It should come off. Aggressive removal could even take the coloring out of the etching as well

realbriguy
12-06-2013, 09:51 AM
The button movement on the Nemesis is so much more solid and heavier than the fasttech one. Very little wiggle, with smoother movement and a heavier spring. In comparison, the fasttech one wobbles, and has a gritty "stepped" feel to it. If you don't press the button just right, it won't fire because it catches on machining grooves. The HCigar version, on the other hand, hits regardless of where you press it.

vdaedalus
12-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Yeah. If it really bothers me I can put a Health Canada sticker over the logo.

My ohm meter arrived today, and I have an IGO W coming on Monday, so between that and the things I've got coming from you, it looks like next week is Build Week. Vibrating a little in my chair.

Nemesis
12-06-2013, 10:57 AM
The button movement on the Nemesis is so much more solid and heavier than the fasttech one. Very little wiggle, with smoother movement and a heavier spring. In comparison, the fasttech one wobbles, and has a gritty "stepped" feel to it. If you don't press the button just right, it won't fire because it catches on machining grooves. The HCigar version, on the other hand, hits regardless of where you press it.

Nice... can't wait to stick some magnets there.

Sent from my P'9982 using Tapatalk 2

pulp
12-06-2013, 11:28 AM
I presume the HCigar Hammer would take the Flat Top, less space... or does it need the nipple for a snug fit?

Efest IMR18350 Chemically Safe Li-ion 3.7V 800mAh Flat or Nipple Topped Rechargeable Battery

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/imr18350.htm

realbriguy
12-06-2013, 01:36 PM
I presume the HCigar Hammer would take the Flat Top, less space... or does it need the nipple for a snug fit?

Efest IMR18350 Chemically Safe Li-ion 3.7V 800mAh Flat or Nipple Topped Rechargeable Battery

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/imr18350.htm

As far as I can tell from the photos, it should take a flat top no problem.

Regarding Ithaka: Turns out these bad boys already come pre-coiled, so that'll keep me vape happy till my pre-welded wires come from Fasttech! Woohoo!

It's a pretty good looking wrap, too. Very well spaced out wraps, unlike some of the others I've seen from factories...

vdaedalus
12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
It's a pretty good looking wrap, too. Very well spaced out wraps, unlike some of the others I've seen from factories...

Tiny child hands wrap 'em clean.

In a nice coincidence, my switch magnets for the Nemesis arrived today. Everything's coming up vdaedalus!

Edit: Oh, and I definitely read somewhere that flat-tops were preferred for the Hammer. Can't remember where, but I did see it.

bdpf
12-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Nemesis and Vdaedalus, may I ask where you got the magnets? a link would be useful, thanks.

vdaedalus
12-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I got mine from Ent-mart (http://www.ent-mart.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1360).

pulp
12-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the flat top 350's answer, fellahs. Got another one for ya. LOL I do NOT want to compromise the aesthetic and ergonomic beauty of the Hammer, by using the extension tubes and turning a work of art into the freakin' letter L. :puke: Thematically inspired from hammerhead shark, Thor's hammer etc... :smash:

It's going to take me a while to confidently rebuild my Rocket. During the interlude, I don't mind spending a few bucks on replaceable coils for 510 tanks. I'm sure Santa will have a few bucks under the tree for me to do what I wish.:devilish: I'm on the Halo Triton Tanks which are proprietary 808d-1. I missed the whole 510 rush and know nothing about them.

Anyways, that's a decent temporary option, right? I'd only vape it after dinner with a coffee. So, which cheap 510 tanks would you recommend. :decision:

***EDIT*** SHOOT! Just thought: WILL THE 350 BATTERIES WORK IN THIS CONFIG ON 510 TANKS?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/stfpg.jpg (http://www.freewebproxy.com/)

bdpf
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I got mine from Ent-mart (http://www.ent-mart.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1360).
Thanks.
Although This is more a problem on the Tobeco clone and not the HCigar, it's always good to have ;) Do you know if this size magnets fits other mods or does each mode uses a different size?

vdaedalus
12-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Do you know if this size magnets fits other mods or does each mode uses a different size?

Pretty much the latter. You can find magnets for each though, just do some Googling. Ent-mart does list it when they have magnets that fit specific mods, sometimes.

bdpf
12-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Great, Thanks!

pulp
12-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Thinking of going Innokin iClear 30s for cheap, temporary 510 vaping on the Hammer. The replaceable coils are $11 for a 5 pack. So what replacement coil ohm level should I go with when using 18350 3.7V 800mAh batteries?

1.5, 1.8, 2.2 or 2.5ohm? The higher the better, right, 2.5ohm?

Ashfall
12-07-2013, 05:00 AM
depends what kind of vape you like, the lower the ohms the hotter the coils will burn. if youre gonna run on a straight battery and no kick id go with the 1.5 or 1.8, youd get better performance that way. if you like a cooler and not as intense vape then id go with the 2.5 ohm. now the iclear 30's those are dual coils, and to power those coils it needs a bit more power so i dont know how the performance will be running that on a straight battery. im shure somone else might have better feedback on that. id recemend something single coil like the protank 1 or 2 or a evod

Nemesis
12-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Nemesis and Vdaedalus, may I ask where you got the magnets? a link would be useful, thanks.

I got mines from DX.com , takes a long time to receive them though.
I just saw Fasttech listed some too but not sure if they're same as DX.

realbriguy
12-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the flat top 350's answer, fellahs. Got another one for ya. LOL I do NOT want to compromise the aesthetic and ergonomic beauty of the Hammer, by using the extension tubes and turning a work of art into the freakin' letter L. :puke: Thematically inspired from hammerhead shark, Thor's hammer etc... :smash:

It's going to take me a while to confidently rebuild my Rocket. During the interlude, I don't mind spending a few bucks on replaceable coils for 510 tanks. I'm sure Santa will have a few bucks under the tree for me to do what I wish.:devilish: I'm on the Halo Triton Tanks which are proprietary 808d-1. I missed the whole 510 rush and know nothing about them.

Anyways, that's a decent temporary option, right? I'd only vape it after dinner with a coffee. So, which cheap 510 tanks would you recommend. :decision:

***EDIT*** SHOOT! Just thought: WILL THE 350 BATTERIES WORK IN THIS CONFIG ON 510 TANKS?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/stfpg.jpg (http://www.freewebproxy.com/)

Yup. 350 batts will work in this config.

realbriguy
12-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Thinking of going Innokin iClear 30s for cheap, temporary 510 vaping on the Hammer. The replaceable coils are $11 for a 5 pack. So what replacement coil ohm level should I go with when using 18350 3.7V 800mAh batteries?

1.5, 1.8, 2.2 or 2.5ohm? The higher the better, right, 2.5ohm?

To expand on Ashfall's reply, the higher ohm you go, the longer your batteries will also last. It will take a bit longer for the coils to fire up, though.

pulp
12-07-2013, 09:02 AM
id recemend something single coil like the protank 1 or 2 or a evod

YEah, no kick and just straight battery was making me wonder how to handle coil choice with this Hammer. I've never vaped with regular looking batteries not piggybacking under a clearo with VV battery. My Triton VV 3.3 to 4.8 volts on 3.0 - 3.2 ohm coils is a great combo. Not too sure I'd want a bottom coil clearo with this lay flat set-up..... decisions decisions. LOL Thanks guys!

bdpf
12-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I got mines from DX.com , takes a long time to receive them though.
I just saw Fasttech listed some too but not sure if they're same as DX.
Thank you.

realbriguy
12-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Alright, all of the Canadian orders that are ready to ship out, I have them all packed up and good to go.

I'll try to drop it off at the post office today. It will be in the system by Monday, and all of you should get your goodies this coming week. Some of you will be receiving it as early as Tuesday, with the longest times being 3 business days for a Thursday arrival.

RudyVapour
12-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Woohoo! Great job man, thanks for organizing this!

realbriguy
12-08-2013, 05:04 PM
If anybody has any requests for any additional HCigar products, I'm going to be adding more items to the Hammer shipment whenever it ships out.

Please email me with your requests as soon as possible so that I can start creating the list. realbriguy (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Discounted preorder pricing still applies.

I still have one HCigar Nemesis in brass colour, in stock now, as well as a few Ithaka's.

pulp
12-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Holy crap, first time I seen the Hammer like this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/f24opk.png

What are they using to extend it before the tank? Niiiice!

Do you think it's the battery extender piece with extra ring/connector on it?

http://i43.tinypic.com/ddmgy1.jpg

vdaedalus
12-08-2013, 08:18 PM
They're not extending it, it's a Golden Greek UFS (or rather, a clone, V3). It's actually that big.

pulp
12-08-2013, 08:22 PM
WOW! Thanks vdaedalus, that is niiiice. So it holds 1 Litre, amiright? :jaw:

:pound:

vdaedalus
12-09-2013, 12:03 PM
If the Nemeses/Ithakas/Kayfuns made it to the post office on the weekend, I may actually get mine tomorrow; if so, good vapemail silver lining, as a rebuildable dripper I ordered fell through.

WOW! Thanks vdaedalus, that is niiiice. So it holds 1 Litre, amiright? :jaw:

Not quite, but a fair bit, I think 6ml? It's actually a feed system (hence UFS, universal feed system), you have to supply your own 510 atomizer to screw into it, then you control the air/juice flow with the various rings around the body until you get it right. It's all pretty fiddly sounding, which is fine, the real thing has been discontinued for at least a year I think (GG stuff is fleeting).

realbriguy
12-09-2013, 12:35 PM
If the Nemeses/Ithakas/Kayfuns made it to the post office on the weekend, I may actually get mine tomorrow; if so, good vapemail silver lining, as a rebuildable dripper I ordered fell through.

I just dropped all the Canadian shipments off at the post office around 1:30pm EST. You will receive yours tomorrow.

realbriguy
12-09-2013, 12:48 PM
First post has just been updated with full price list (in USD unless otherwise indicated) for almost the entire HCigar catalogue, if you guys want to add anything to the upcoming shipment. Payments due this coming Sunday, end of day.

Please let me know, and get your payments in as soon as possible.

vdaedalus
12-09-2013, 12:55 PM
No MOQ on all the newly listed items? I'm gonna have to take some time to read it over...

MrTGun
12-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Two thoughts - Perhaps people may have an issue with their real names and orders being in plain view in the thread. Second, I'd take down "Glass Wax Atomizer" no friends will be made around these parts, or others when it comes to mixing the two hobbies.

~TG

realbriguy
12-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Two thoughts - Perhaps people may have an issue with their real names and orders being in plain view in the thread. Second, I'd take down "Glass Wax Atomizer" no friends will be made around these parts, or others when it comes to mixing the two hobbies.

~TG

These are valid concerns, and I'll address each of them separately.

1) Regarding names, people who've requested their names hidden, I've respected the wish and hidden the name. If you don't want your name shown, just let me know. Most of these names are purchases made through Facebook. By joining the group, their names are already exposed. I'm not sure how else I can easily manage the orders without putting names to the orders. For ME, it's easier and less time consuming to manage, considering I'm making nothing on these orders. I will consider other avenues, though.

2) What's the concern with "Glass Wax Atomizer"? To be honest, I don't even really know what it is. In the image they sent me, it's shown with a ball of what I believe is e-solid, which from what I understand, is a solid waxy like version of our e-juice. Beyond that, I don't know much about that substance. Please enlighten me on this.

Appreciate the commentary.

MrTGun
12-09-2013, 02:24 PM
In the image they sent me, it's shown with a ball of what I believe is e-solid, which from what I understand, is a solid waxy like version of our e-juice. Beyond that, I don't know much about that substance. Please enlighten me on this.

Fuck that's gold on their part - LOL!

Wax/Butter/Oil - Cannabis products amigo. Consider yourself enlightened ;)

~TG

realbriguy
12-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Fuck that's gold on their part - LOL!

Wax/Butter/Oil - Cannabis products amigo. Consider yourself enlightened ;)

~TG

Oh. Wow. Talk about pure enlightenment, maaaan! LOL. Okay, gotcha. I'll remove it.

realbriguy
12-09-2013, 02:33 PM
No MOQ on all the newly listed items? I'm gonna have to take some time to read it over...

No MOQ. The sales girl likes me. We've built a bit of a personal relationship since our ancestral villages aren't far from each other.

... She might be looking for a visa, too... LOL

realbriguy
12-09-2013, 09:06 PM
My HCigar sales rep just dropped a bomb on me.... HAMMER SHIPMENT IS GOOD TO GO!!!

Because of this, I'm advancing the shipment amendments to be confirmed and payment submitted by Tuesday, December 10th at 10pm Eastern Standard Time. Not one minute later! I want to get this shipment moving! If they can ship it in time, I can receive this shipment by this coming Monday!

If there's anything you want to add on, NOW is the time to contact me and get your payments in!

realbriguy
12-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Pulp, you wanted to know if the Kayfun can be polished?

Check out the tank's stainless steel window ring:

http://upload.pbase.com/image/153726550/large.jpg

I only did it to the tank window ring in case it screwed up. LOL.

It was actually very easy to do. I used a Dremel tool with buffing wheel and polishing compound.

It's quite a significant difference compared to the satin finish of the rest of the Kayfun. Still not as bright as the Ithaka, but I only did one pass. I think another 2 or 3 passes can get it as bright as the Ithaka.

pulp
12-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Wow! That is looking great and will be do-able, great stuff!!!

vdaedalus
12-10-2013, 01:38 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2664/3832871996_53f8c574fb.jpg...ada Post! Office mail had zero parcels today, bunch of other people expecting things too.

pulp
12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Be careful fellahs when placing in pocket.... if KHAAANadaPost eventually brings it in: :rant: :friendly_wink:

"Yeah, there is a locking ring on both, but the Hcigar switch is super light and has a really short throw, so if the locking ring moves a little bit the mod starts firing."

****EDIT**** HCigar HAMMER!

realbriguy
12-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Be careful fellahs when placing in pocket.... if KHAAANadaPost eventually brings it in: :tongue-new:

"Yeah, there is a locking ring on both, but the Hcigar switch is super light and has a really short throw, so if the locking ring moves a little bit the mod starts firing."

I disagree. I actually found the switch to be quite heavy, and the throw is anywhere from 1.5mm-2mm, depending on your atty and battery that's being used. I've used MUCH shorter and lighter throws before...

I always keep my Nem's standing on my desk, unlocked. Even with full 18650 setup and heavy stainless steel atomizers attached, the button will NOT depress under its own weight.

pulp
12-10-2013, 01:51 PM
OH!!! I was under the assumption you were still waiting on yours too. Guess it's just the second order guys. PIC!!!! :horn:

realbriguy
12-10-2013, 02:00 PM
OH!!! I was under the assumption you were still waiting on yours too. Guess it's just the second order guys. PIC!!!! :horn:

http://upload.pbase.com/image/153727082/large.jpg

All running in dildo mode. Perfect for at home use. LOL

The Nemesis' arrived on the first order. 26 Nemesis' out the door within days of receiving it!

Some guys already received theirs earlier today.

pulp
12-10-2013, 02:04 PM
LOL!!! My "super light switch" quote is about the HCigar HAMMER! Niiiiiice pix though, gorgeous setups, something to aspire to. Thanks! :frog:

pulp
12-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Not sure about rules when talking about OTHER forums so I won't link to it.... but I'm pretty sure you know from whence this came! LOL :spy:

http://i44.tinypic.com/28bsk6r.jpg

realbriguy
12-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Ohhhh... okay. That makes sense, now.

My frame of reference was vdaedalus' post, as he's expecting a couple Nemesis'

There's a Facebook group for custom made magnets for use in mod switches. They're still in the middle of the 3rd order. If a 4th order happens, I'm submitting dimensions to get Hammer magnets made.

pulp
12-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Ohhhh... okay. That makes sense, now. There's a Facebook group for custom made magnets for use in mod switches. They're still in the middle of the 3rd order. If a 4th order happens, I'm submitting dimensions to get Hammer magnets made.

Great idea, more reports coming in! Hopefully you get a batch after they made modifications to the modification. LOL!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2itg4n4.jpg

RudyVapour
12-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Received my order today. Thanks again!

realbriguy
12-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Second shipment additions have been paid for. They're packaging it now. I'll receive it next week.

My sales rep also just dropped some more news on me: HCigar Origin mod is releasing this week!

Next week... Aqua atomizer!

Group buy round 3?

Arwtotheknee
12-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Got my kayfun and nemesis today. Put a 1ohm cotton micro coil into the kayfun and it is aweeeeesome. :)

vdaedalus
12-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Cleaned my Kayfun out, got rid of the manufacturing residues, built a 1.17ohm coil on her, popped her on the Nemesis and GOOD LORD. What a vape.

vdaedalus
12-11-2013, 05:40 PM
It turns out my top cap was missing an o-ring. The internal one that the chimney screws into was there, but the outer one wasn't.

I ended up pulling one from the stainless tank section, but anyone know where I can get spares? They're going to get chewed up eventually.

realbriguy
12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Did you manage to find a replacement screw for your positive post?

I can get you more o-rings, but in general, these China ones are crap. I'd actually take a fresh one to your local o-ring specialist/supplier, and pick up some better o-rings.

Nylon or silicone are other options.

vdaedalus
12-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Did you manage to find a replacement screw for your positive post?

Who, me? My positive post screw is fine.

It turns out they're just #8 o-rings. Will buy some next time I'm at Home Depot. Some of the ones already installed were a bit shitty looking, so I wouldn't mind swapping them out.

The build quality is otherwise absolutely excellent.

Nemesis
12-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Nemesis from Hcigar is really nice. Not that the Tobeco one is bad but this one has the threads bang on and the silver screws are nice and tight.
The feature I like the best is the fire button. put 3 DX magnets in it and works like butter.

My Kayfun needs a new post so for the time being I am just drooling at your posts about how nice it vapes.

vdaedalus
12-11-2013, 08:34 PM
I tried my magnets and they're fine with button tops, but flat tops make the throw just long enough that the magnets are a lot weaker. Even with two in the bottom. Bummer. But my springs aren't bad at all. No clicking or grinding.

realbriguy
12-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Who, me? My positive post screw is fine.
Oops! Sorry, I thought you were Nemesis for some reason. His positive post screw snapped during reassembly.

It turns out they're just #8 o-rings. Will buy some next time I'm at Home Depot. Some of the ones already installed were a bit shitty looking, so I wouldn't mind swapping them out.
Nice, good find. I'm going to see if I can get some better o-rings as well. These ones look pretty shoddy. I've been talking to them about it, and they're going to look in to getting better o-rings.

The more I talk to them, the more I'm very happy to be working with them. They're very receptive to changes and suggestions that I have for their products, which is uncharacteristically unusual for these Chinese companies. HCigar is very proud of their quality control, and they're open to addressing any problems that you guys have with these products. Right out of the gate, they offer a 6 month warranty, so if there's any problem at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. I'm going to take note of common issues and see if I can get a spare supply of parts that seem to break or wear down quicker than they should. Because of Nemesis' damaged screw, HCigar is now looking in to a stronger material for the part, even though his damage was caused during user re-installation and it was not a DOA issue. In the meantime, they're sending me a replacement screw for him.

Nemesis
12-12-2013, 03:37 AM
Oops! Sorry, I thought you were Nemesis for some reason. His positive post screw snapped during reassembly.

. Because of Nemesis' damaged screw, HCigar is now looking in to a stronger material for the part, even though his damage was caused during user re-installation and it was not a DOA issue. In the meantime, they're sending me a replacement screw for him.

Wow !!! You are right , this Hcigar is something else, usually they would just ignore this kind of problems and supply a replacement at the best.

RudyVapour
12-12-2013, 05:40 AM
Well I wasn't going to mention it, but one of my Kayfuns, I couldn't get the poly tank to thread back in after first disassembling it :( I've just been using the full metal jacket (and loving it), but since you asked I figured if let it be known ;)

vdaedalus
12-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Well I wasn't going to mention it, but one of my Kayfuns, I couldn't get the poly tank to thread back in after first disassembling it :( I've just been using the full metal jacket (and loving it), but since you asked I figured if let it be known ;)

I had trouble with mine before I cleaned it (warm water, dish soap, then a cotton swab to get the threads nice and clean before rinsing). It's also fairly fiddly to begin with, but the standard 'gentle pressure while turning counterclockwise until the threads snap together before screwing it in' has been working okay for me. Trying to minimize assembly/disassembly of that section though because I know the plastic threads will get shredded eventually, even with careful handling.

Not discounting the idea that yours might be defective, just hoping to save you from chucking it and waiting for a potential replacement if it's salvageable.

Nemesis
12-12-2013, 05:53 AM
I had trouble with mine before I cleaned it (warm water, dish soap, then a cotton swab to get the threads nice and clean before rinsing). It's also fairly fiddly to begin with, but the standard 'gentle pressure while turning counterclockwise until the threads snap together before screwing it in' has been working okay for me. Trying to minimize assembly/disassembly of that section though because I know the plastic threads will get shredded eventually, even with careful handling.

Not discounting the idea that yours might be defective, just hoping to save you from chucking it and waiting for a potential replacement if it's salvageable.

+1 Maybe we can get a group buy going for parts .

bdpf
12-12-2013, 06:23 AM
I tried my magnets and they're fine with button tops, but flat tops make the throw just long enough that the magnets are a lot weaker. Even with two in the bottom. Bummer. But my springs aren't bad at all. No clicking or grinding.
I wish I had known that before ordering 6 flat top batteries from a local vendor 2 days ago :(. I was planing on ordering some magnets now I'm not sure it is worth it, kind of bummed right now :(.

vdaedalus
12-12-2013, 06:33 AM
bdpf, you can experiment with the switch. I only played with it for a few minutes last night. But my preliminary finding was that you have to increase the throw on the switch a bit to accommodate flat-tops. If anyone can confirm/deny that would be cool.

Also, this is controversial with some people, but you can get tiny magnets to essentially 'convert' your flat tops to button tops.

Don't be too bummed, the Nemesis is awesome, magnets or not! I hear your pain though, I have four flat-tops coming into my possession on Saturday.

RudyVapour
12-12-2013, 06:34 AM

Thanks man! I had tried cleaning the threads out, but I hadn't used soap, put a little on there and they cleaned right up, got my juice window now! Thanks again!

vdaedalus
12-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Thanks man! I had tried cleaning the threads out, but I hadn't used soap, put a little on there and they cleaned right up, got my juice window now! Thanks again!

Fantastic! Yeah, the gunk on my threads wasn't water soluble for sure. Next time you tear the whole thing down, maybe give each part a bit of a dish-soap scrub. The flat parts (deck, juice collector at the bottom that you get to by unscrewing the 510 post, underside of top cap) on mine were coated with some kind of very fine grime. Couple of minutes with a couple of Q-Tips and you'll be amazed at how shiny everything inside gets.

For well over $100 less than the real thing, I think five or ten minutes of very light work isn't a dealbreaker.

pulp
12-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Wow! Check out the differences between the Tobeco and HCigar clones of The Hammer. Is that BLUE/RED treatment/staining on the HCigar, right side pic, or just the lighting?

"Comparison of the Tobeco and Hcigar versions. Tobeco on left......Hcigard on right.....both pics":

http://i39.tinypic.com/x256qq.jpghttp://i41.tinypic.com/2jxe1j.jpg

vdaedalus
12-12-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't see any blue/red staining. But man that Tobeco isn't going to win any beauty pageants.

Also, if you could figure out how to make money from obsessing over the Hammer, you'd be a goddamn millionaire. :)

pulp
12-12-2013, 09:00 AM
I don't see any blue/red staining. Also, if you could figure out how to make money from obsessing over the Hammer, you'd be a goddamn millionaire. :) :pound:

http://i44.tinypic.com/xm9ac9.jpg

***Must be shadow/lighting

realbriguy
12-12-2013, 01:13 PM

Yeah, the threading on the plastic tanks are a little bit tighter. Just make sure you turn it the opposite way till the ends of the threads click in place, before you start to actually screw it down. That will prevent the chances of you crossing the threads, which will really screw up the tank.

Keep in mind, that plastic tank is considered to be a consumable part - even on a real Kayfun. It WILL wear down with use, and no guarantee is made that it will withstand all of your liquids.

If you want to work in the threads a bit more, apply some toothpaste to the threads, and then screw it on and off the metal tank portion a few times. The abrasive in the toothpaste will work the threads in just enough to loosen it up for you.

Fantastic! Yeah, the gunk on my threads wasn't water soluble for sure. Next time you tear the whole thing down, maybe give each part a bit of a dish-soap scrub. The flat parts (deck, juice collector at the bottom that you get to by unscrewing the 510 post, underside of top cap) on mine were coated with some kind of very fine grime. Couple of minutes with a couple of Q-Tips and you'll be amazed at how shiny everything inside gets.

For well over $100 less than the real thing, I think five or ten minutes of very light work isn't a dealbreaker.

I highly recommend completely disassembling ANY atty all the way down to the individual components to fully clean it. Use a good degreasing agent, such as liquid dish soap that is fragrance-free as well as moisturizer-free. Palmolive is a guilty culprit of having moisturizer in it (Palm oil... get it? PALMolive?) I use Sunlight dishsoap.

The goal is to remove all leftover machining dust/grit, as well as the layer of machining coolant and oils off the parts. HCigar does a fairly decent job of getting most of the grime off, but it's still not perfect. It's still miles ahead of the FT stuff I got. I soaked my FT atties in a citrus degreaser, and turned it from a clear liquid to a thick BLACK liquid, with all kinds of oil floating at the top of the solution, and a sludge at the bottom of the container. disgusting.

Wow! Check out the differences between the Tobeco and HCigar clones of The Hammer. Is that BLUE/RED treatment/staining on the HCigar, right side pic, or just the lighting?

"Comparison of the Tobeco and Hcigar versions. Tobeco on left......Hcigard on right.....both pics":

http://i39.tinypic.com/x256qq.jpghttp://i41.tinypic.com/2jxe1j.jpg

Tobeco does cheap casts of the intricately engraved parts, which is why the detailing looks so cruddy in comparison to HCigar's parts.

It's not blue/red colour of the switch - that's what you get with a high polish shine reflecting a dark room. It's just a reflection, and really harsh lighting. That button is the same colour as the rest of the body. It's a mirror polished stainless steel. 304 Stainless Steel, which is very difficult to oxidize to dark colours. It's not impossible to colour 304 SS, but it mostly looks like crap, so it's almost never done. You're just seeing a reflection of the guy's dark room.

As an example, here's a photo I shot of an Ithaka:

http://www.pbase.com/brian_kl_wong/image/153717051/large.jpg

The top of the cap is NOT black. It's a reflection of the darker ambient surrounding that was outside of my desktop photo lit setup.

I would take any surface finish analysis of those photos with a grain of salt.

What I can tell about the Tobeco version from those photos though, is that they're using very low grade materials to manufacture their product. You get what you pay for, and this explains why they're able to churn out so many so quickly, and for so cheap. You lose on the quality

Crusnik
12-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Deleted - Good luck with the sales :)

RudyVapour
12-12-2013, 06:56 PM

Yup, teardown complete now, just gonna clean everything with soap this time. Then I'm gonna try my hand at a micro coil :)
I am very happy with my purchase, even happier now lol
The second one I ordered went to my father in law and he is loving his, and had no issues at all, very impressed with the quality, now the mother in law wants one lol are there any Kayfuns left?

realbriguy
12-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Just got word that the Kayfun plastic tank portion can be purchased separately.

The retail price is $5. I should be able to get them for $3. Let me know if you're interested in picking up a spare or five. LOL

shiver905
12-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Clear your shit

shiver905
12-12-2013, 10:33 PM
If it opens Up,
Id be in for a nem and maybe another Hfun

realbriguy
12-12-2013, 10:51 PM
If it opens Up,
Id be in for a nem and maybe another Hfun

I'll add you to the ongoing file/list on the facebook group. What colour Nem are you looking for? I have some inbound right now. 5x stainless steel, 3x two-tone.

vdaedalus
12-13-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm in for two or three Kayfun plastic tanks, for sure.

bdpf
12-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Same here.

realbriguy
12-13-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm in for two or three Kayfun plastic tanks, for sure.

Same here.

Alright, I've added both of you guys to the ongoing list on the Facebook page. I'll update the OP in this thread with that list information from time to time. I'll likely start doing that once the Hammer shipment arrives and I can clear the list that's currently on the OP.

Apologies for having to leave this thread with secondary service. I'm a bit swamped with work lately and aren't able to manage two locations as much as I'd like to. I can only pick one, and Facebook is most accepted, especially for the international buyers.

vdaedalus
12-13-2013, 10:55 AM
I think you're doing fine. Thanks for putting everything together.

bdpf
12-13-2013, 11:00 AM
+1
you're doing great

bdpf
12-13-2013, 05:53 PM
I highly recommend completely disassembling ANY atty all the way down to the individual components to fully clean it. Use a good degreasing agent, such as liquid dish soap that is fragrance-free as well as moisturizer-free. Palmolive is a guilty culprit of having moisturizer in it (Palm oil... get it? PALMolive?) I use Sunlight dishsoap.
When you do that, what do you do with the coil that comes pre-built like in the case of the Ithaka? Do you just throw it away?

realbriguy
12-13-2013, 11:22 PM
When you do that, what do you do with the coil that comes pre-built like in the case of the Ithaka? Do you just throw it away?

Yeah, if I had new wick and wire here (which I don't), then I would toss the factory one (it sucks, anyways), and build up a new coil.

But, since I didn't have any non-resistance wire, I decided to use the stock wick/wire setup in the Ithaka and just torched it to burn any impurities off. This is how I know the stock setup sucks. lol.

It's a 1.9 Ohm coil that takes forever to heat up, so vapor production on it is low, although, the flavor is decent. I did a resistance test of a number of the Ithaka's that I have on hand, and they consistently measured in at 1.9 Ohms, and the coils are clean looking wraps, so I'll give HCigar credit for their consistency, at least. It's also set up in a parallel coil setup, but I would prefer to do an X type setup. I can't wait till my NR wiring comes in. I'll pick some up on Thursday.

bdpf
12-14-2013, 04:18 AM
OK Thanks.
So I guess you didn't take apart / clean the whole coil assembly (housing, ceramic cup, coil, etc..) or is there a way to remove the coil, clean everything and put it back. (I'll also have to use the stock coil as well since I don't have the wires yet).

realbriguy
12-14-2013, 08:46 AM
OK Thanks.
So I guess you didn't take apart / clean the whole coil assembly (housing, ceramic cup, coil, etc..) or is there a way to remove the coil, clean everything and put it back. (I'll also have to use the stock coil as well since I don't have the wires yet).

No, I didn't, because of the way they twisted the coils together around the post, it would have been difficult to remove the coils without damaging them. I suppose if you were really patient and careful, it would be possible. However, I wasn't patient - I'd already had a few drinks in me, not seeing too straight, and wanting to get my vape on! LOL

In retrospect, I should have actually just soaked the part in vodka... that would be effective in cutting off the grease and coolant as well, and it would evaporate faster than water. Just make sure you dry burn the wick to get it dried out.

vdaedalus
12-15-2013, 08:15 AM
I wish I had known that before ordering 6 flat top batteries from a local vendor 2 days ago :(. I was planing on ordering some magnets now I'm not sure it is worth it, kind of bummed right now :(.

Update, messed around with my Nemesis at a meet last night (including finally getting the kick ring out, whoops), have the magnets working absolutely perfectly with flat-tops now. Smooth and clean, tighter throw, little to no wobble when standing up, doesn't fire unless I want it to.

realbriguy
12-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Lol glad to hear. I actually did the same thing when I first got a Nemesis from Fasttech (forgot to take off the kick ring).

vdaedalus
12-15-2013, 08:40 AM
By the way, are both springs brass in everyone's Hcigar Nemesis? I saw a couple at the meet (genuine and Fasttech) and the long spring was steel and stiffer in them. Mine wobbled a bit standing up with the stock springs, might be fine with it stretched out a tiny bit.

And Bri, I didn't forget, I just could not get the damn thing off. Someone at the meet tried and pop, off it came (thanks, MacVape). As with the lock ring and other parts on these, the trick is to not try hard. Just do it lightly.

realbriguy
12-15-2013, 09:16 AM
By the way, are both springs brass in everyone's Hcigar Nemesis? I saw a couple at the meeting (genuine and Fasttech) and the long spring was steel and stiffer in them. Mine wobbled a bit standing up with the stock springs, might be fine with it stretched out a tiny bit.

And Bri, I didn't forget, I just could not get the damn thing off. Someone at the meet tried and pop, off it came (thanks, MacVape). As with the lock ring and other parts on these, the trick is to not try hard. Just do it lightly.
Both springs are brass in all of my Nemesis. I noticed the spring in my Fasttech Nemesis was extremely weak in comparison to some of my HCigar Nemesis.

Funny thing about my Nemesis'... Even though all three springs look the same, I noticed the one in my brass Nemmy feels a whole lot weaker than my other two. It's still not as weak as my Fasttech Nemesis, though. I'm thinking about stretching it out a bit.

bdpf
12-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Update, messed around with my Nemesis at a meet last night (including finally getting the kick ring out, whoops), have the magnets working absolutely perfectly with flat-tops now. Smooth and clean, tighter throw, little to no wobble when standing up, doesn't fire unless I want it to.
Great! so the only thing you did different was removing the kick ring and that solved the issue?
After reading your post I placed an order for 5 magnets from ent-mart.
How many magnets are you using 2 or 3?
Do you prefer your magnets to the HCigar spring that is supposedly good?

vdaedalus
12-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Both springs are brass in all of my Nemesis. I noticed the spring in my Fasttech Nemesis was extremely weak in comparison to some of my HCigar Nemesis.

Interesting. I guess maybe it varies from batch to batch? Who knows.

Great! so the only thing you did different was removing the kick ring and that solved the issue?
After reading your post I placed an order for 5 magnets from ent-mart.
How many magnets are you using 2 or 3?
Do you prefer your magnets to the HCigar spring that is supposedly good?

Definitely prefer the magnets. It's night and day, just feels better. Gave out two sets to people who promptly installed them and had zero issues as well.

Yeah, the kick ring shortens the tube enough to get the battery closer to the switch end, which means you can screw in the post further, which means less space between magnets, which...anyway, yes. Take the kick ring out and you should be good.

Three magnets.

bdpf
12-15-2013, 10:39 AM
OK Thanks!
Can't wait to receive all my stuff hopefully soon :pray2:

realbriguy
12-15-2013, 10:31 PM
For those who don't know, HCigar just announced their clone of their version of the Origin Mod this past week. Pre-Order Price on it is $30 at this time. I'm trying to see if I can get the price any lower. As always, the more people who are committed, the lower the price gets! I've already started the list for it and we're already more than 1/3rd of the way of meeting the MOQ. As soon as we meet 15 units (half MOQ), I'll place the order. I'll be covering the difference, so that we can get this order moving quicker.

Their Aqua atomizer will be announced this coming week, along with the price.

I have a good relationship with my sales rep, and anything that we want to add onto the order from the HCigar catalog, will not have any Minimum Order Quantity restrictions! If there's anything else you want from their catalog, let me know as soon as possible, so that we can get that sorted out right away. Any items outside of the main order, I will not be ordering in any extra. If you want to order a single Nemesis and pay up front, we can do that, even if it's the only Nemesis in the order. Same for any other item in their catalog.

pulp
12-16-2013, 02:14 PM
The Intellicharge i2 has often been mentioned but it doesn't state for use with 18350's. Are you sure we can use it?

Compatible with: Li-ion: 26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 17335, 16340(RCR123), 14500 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd: AA, AAA, C

http://i44.tinypic.com/297i2q.jpg

realbriguy
12-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes, it'll charge 18350.

pulp
12-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Yes, it'll charge 18350.

Why doesn't it state as much, the numbers are there for a reason. Weird.... okay, I put my life in your hands. LOL

vdaedalus
12-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Why UVO went 21mm for the Origin is a mystery to me. It's lovely, but everyone's rolling Kayfun/Russian lately, why not go 22mm?

Been using my Nemesis+Kayfun all day, still on the first cotton wick and coil build, and it's not showing any signs of letting up.

Kubrick
12-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Why UVO went 21mm for the Origin is a mystery to me. It's lovely, but everyone's rolling Kayfun/Russian lately, why not go 22mm?

Been using my Nemesis+Kayfun all day, still on the first cotton wick and coil build, and it's not showing any signs of letting up.

Not quite everyone. ;)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/gtrshow/0a40477c7c8e41ba19c163321d619a4f.jpg

vdaedalus
12-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Not quite everyone. ;)

Argh, only a few posts after Bri says the Aqua is coming in as well. That is one handsome setup.

MrTGun
12-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Argh, only a few posts after Bri says the Aqua is coming in as well. That is one handsome setup.

The difference however is that Aqua/Origin is "real" ;)

Kubrick - GFYS

Hugs & Kisses,

~TG

Kubrick
12-16-2013, 03:51 PM

Thank you, sir. You know you want one. ;)

realbriguy
12-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Why doesn't it state as much, the numbers are there for a reason. Weird.... okay, I put my life in your hands. LOL

No idea why it doesn't state it. But a 3.7v Lithium cell is a Lithium cell, regardless of the size. The charge characteristics are the same, regardless of the size. I've seen this discussion come up a number of times, and the answer is always the same, the 350's will fit.

To match with their 21mm Aqua! If they have their own, who cares about others? LOL

Same, I've gone through 4 tanks on mine so far, and it's still chucking clouds... awesome setup!

In other news, I'd requested the HCigar engineers come up with a Kayfun M-Tank... at first, they said it wouldn't be possible at a low cost. They surprised me last night by telling me they were able to do it. $9!

vdaedalus
12-17-2013, 11:59 AM
In other news, I'd requested the HCigar engineers come up with a Kayfun M-Tank... at first, they said it wouldn't be possible at a low cost. They surprised me last night by telling me they were able to do it. $9!

Which size M-tank? If it's the one that replaces all three rings on their Kayfun, I'm in for two of those instead of two of the smaller centre ones!

And frig, I know, 21mm, enough already, you guys are going to bankrupt me, clones or not. I'm holding off on gear for the time being, I'm 91% sure I'm going to pick up a Russian 91% after Christmas. I was leaning towards the KFL+ but after seeing that the center pin STILL makes the deck fall apart when you take it out (say, to empty the catch cup), I'm going Russian.

bdpf
12-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Instead of a M-tank, I'd be more up for a nano tank
http://www.calivapers.com/showthread.php?12354-M-tank-vs-the-cmacclel-nano-clear-tank

Now if HCigar could clone this one, that would be something. I'd be all over it.
http://www.modfactory.eu/site/?cat=9

The site is down right now for maintenance but here's a pic of the 2 Kayfun nano side by side. Got to love it !
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/shahzh/329F1EFF-50FA-4F01-99DC-E92569F1A223_zpsajf5xoac.jpg

bdpf
12-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Any news on the tracking of the hammer shipment yet? Is there a chance that you'll get it this week?

realbriguy
12-17-2013, 10:45 PM
Which size M-tank? If it's the one that replaces all three rings on their Kayfun, I'm in for two of those instead of two of the smaller centre ones!

Yes, it's the full sized one that replaces all three rings.

Any news on the tracking of the hammer shipment yet? Is there a chance that you'll get it this week?

Sorry, no update. Turns out, my addition of all the extra Kayfun 3.1's put a delay on the shipment due to high demand for that particular item. It'll be a couple more days till it can ship. My apologies, this is my fault, and I've been trying to think of a way to resolve this quickly. I've been a bit slow to respond to messages and requests, as I've been away on a last minute business trip since Sunday. I'll be back home on Wednesday night.

realbriguy
12-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Okay, quick update: I've revised the order and removed the out of stock Kraken's and Kayfun 3.1's. Instead, I subbed in 30 Origin mods and a few other items that were ready to ship.

I'm going to start collecting on the Origin as soon as I get some time to breathe. I just got back from a business trip, and am quite swamped for the rest of the weekend, and going into the weekend as well, but every chance I can find a few spare minutes, I'm going to follow up on all of the order requests that have come in.

The change in the shipment should have the package out the door by tomorrow (or so they tell me). If all things go well, I will have it next week... hopefully on the 24th. *crossing fingers*

realbriguy
12-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Holy crap, first time I seen the Hammer like this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/f24opk.png

What are they using to extend it before the tank? Niiiice!

Do you think it's the battery extender piece with extra ring/connector on it?

http://i43.tinypic.com/ddmgy1.jpg

I finally got an answer to this question... that person probably has a kick installed in there. Apparently, you can install the kick this way, it will still make a connection between the battery and the atomizer.

realbriguy
12-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Hammer shipment is finally inbound! Origin is also coming on this shipment! I'm going to be bugging people for Origin money this weekend. Everyone who's already expressed interest, gets it at the heavily discounted preorder price of $30. Everyone else after, is $38 until the shipment lands. Once it lands, Origin goes up to $46! Sorry, but that's the only way I can cover my output to meet MOQ's to get these orders moving FAST! You snooze... you lose!

Tracking here:
http://www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/express/tracking.shtml?brand=DHL&AWB=4959050235%0D%0A

realbriguy
12-21-2013, 04:53 AM
I just realized, I haven't been updating this thread with the new releases from HCigar lately. These include:

$9 - Kayfun 3.1 M Tank (full sized clear tank)
$38 - Origin Mod (already ordered and have 30 inbound - ETA December 27)
$TBD - Aqua Atomizer
$33 - Caravela Mod
$24 - Gamma Atomizer
$20 - Omega Atomizer
$3 - Jerrican Drip Tip
$3 - Muffler Drip Tip

Pictures for most of these items posted on the Facebook group.

realbriguy
12-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Price for the Aqua atomizer is now available. $30. Availability this week. I will be placing order on Thursday, so get your orders in!

Origin is landing this week! Mid-order pricing is at $38 now, once it lands, the price goes up to $46 so get your orders and payments in ASAP!

pulp
12-23-2013, 12:32 PM
My HCigar Hammer arrived! It works flawlessly; the firing pin is a non-issue with this one, also, the locking ring works as it should, locked-down solid. Really, REALLY happy with it. :applause: Got some 90ml stainless steel stems on the way too. Now I have to put the evidence back in the box because it's an Xmas gift from wifey, to me. LOL!!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/dfybh1.jpg

Dirty
12-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Where did you get those stems pulp? As well as the stainless ones your ordering up? Looks awesome - how nice of your wife! lol

pulp
12-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Where did you get those stems pulp? As well as the stainless ones your ordering up? Looks awesome - how nice of your wife! lol

Yeah, she's a keeper! :glee:

epipemods.com
captivape.com
FastTech.com

:thumb:

vdaedalus
12-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Bri, can you ask your Hcigar people for an ETA on a clone of this thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwZRyDIK2JE

realbriguy
12-24-2013, 12:43 PM
That Hammer setup looks hot!!

I'll ask them about the TereHammer. lol

vdaedalus
12-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Well, looks like I found the non-stainless parts of the Hcigar Kayfun. Mine started intermittently not working about an hour ago. Checked other attys on the Nemesis, they worked fine, so I took apart the Kayfun, and once I got the tank off, huh, the positive part of the deck sure seemed wobbly. Unscrew the pin, the juice catcher, and oh, there we go. Positive post snapped, and if you look closely, definitely plated...something (including the deck portion, check the threads in there). Anything Hcigar can do about this? At least replacement parts? I can put them in myself.

A little bit livid. Why go through the trouble to use stainless everywhere but critical, functional parts. How much of a savings can that be when manufacturing?

http://i.imgur.com/JV2uWft.jpg

realbriguy
12-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Well, looks like I found the non-stainless parts of the Hcigar Kayfun. Mine started intermittently not working about an hour ago. Checked other attys on the Nemesis, they worked fine, so I took apart the Kayfun, and once I got the tank off, huh, the positive part of the deck sure seemed wobbly. Unscrew the pin, the juice catcher, and oh, there we go. Positive post snapped, and if you look closely, definitely plated...something (including the deck portion, check the threads in there). Anything Hcigar can do about this? At least replacement parts? I can put them in myself.

A little bit livid. Why go through the trouble to use stainless everywhere but critical, functional parts. How much of a savings can that be when manufacturing?

Yes, I'm going to be ordering a few extra of these center posts on my next order. Another buyer had the same problem, but he attributed it to hulk torquing it down. I haven't heard of any other complaints yet, but I'll take care of you guys on this.

My sales rep was supposed to ship some to me in my order that's inbound, but because there wasn't an official purchase order listing for small replacement parts like this, it was one of the items she'd forgotten. I've made a note to remind her on my upcoming order that I'm placing this week.

The main reason why this part isn't manufactured from 304 Stainless Steel like the rest of the parts, is because it's a small complex part. The costs associated with machining such a part from SS would increase the cost of the product quite significantly, so yes, a significant savings CAN be had by not manufacturing it from Stainless Steel. For small parts like this, the smaller tools required go through a much higher degree of stress bearing and will wear down faster. Tool grade high speed steel costs add up quite quickly when you have to constantly replace them. Combined with the fact the number of tooling operations required to manufacture the part, it also comes down to a production line time savings. Take for example, one of the tank pieces. I estimate a minimum of 6 tooling operations to manufacture one of the tank rings. This center post, on the other hand, I can count at least 10 operations required just to make it. Compound that with all the other manufacturing complications I'd just mentioned, and the cost of making such a part would get quite expensive.

The other issue, along with weak materials, is a design issue. Because of the inner bore required through the post, along with threading on the outside, creates very thin walls in the valleys of the threads. Compounded with the fact that the valleys are acute sharp angles, it dramatically increases the failure load of a part like this.

This is a very common problem with clones, and the HCigar version has the lowest failure rate due to a better material used, but it's still not indestructible. If you want indestructible, get an authentic part from SvoeMesto. In the Fasttech forums, one guy even claims that the real part can be prone to this same failure due to the design issue, but it likely happens much less, as I wasn't able to find anything to back up that claim based on a quick Google search.

vdaedalus
12-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks Bri, seriously. I posted publicly rather than PMing you because I wanted to see how you'd address it. Dick move on my part, maybe, but you did good.

I didn't hulk mine down (didn't even realise that part screwed in, never touched it, it straight-up failed over a matter of 30 toots), and now that I know, I'm going to make sure that if I get another, the post isn't coming out above the deck (mine was sticking out a tiny bit, the broken part of it, can't budge it since even tweezers can't get a hold) when I take it apart and clean it before using it. It just never occurred to me to pull the center post out, clean, and screw it back in just right.

The funny thing is mine failed less than half an hour after I preordered a 'V2' Russian 91%, which apparently has 'better stainless,' which, who knows, maybe the real thing, and the Russian, runs into this same issue, stainless or not. We're talking a hollow, threaded post, there's not a lot of metal in the valleys, like you say.

Anyway, I've got that Russian on the way eventually (mostly because I think the loose post/deck is a design issue they solved, or at least worked on, and SvoeMesto didn't), but if you can hook me up with a new center post at some point I'd be grateful. I think I can salvage the positive cube if I can get something into that hollow bit and get the broken chunk out.

Edit: managed to wrench a tiny screwdriver into the chunk of post; cube saved.

realbriguy
12-24-2013, 11:33 PM
That screw definitely shouldn't have been screwed in so tight that it protruded. Here's how mine is, set at "finger tight":

http://www.pbase.com/brian_kl_wong/image/153774864/large.jpg

It actually sits below the surface a bit.

vdaedalus
12-25-2013, 07:48 AM
That makes sense, I figured at the very least it should have been flush. Nice coil, by the way; how do you wick it?

realbriguy
12-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Nice coil, by the way; how do you wick it?

I essentially build it up like a cartomizer, where cotton is used to surround the outside of the coil, and air is allowed to pass through the middle. I've found this method gives the best vapor and flavor production.

Here's my build-up here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/473463-check-out-my-nano-dragon-coil-build-53.html#post11570054

Following that post, some of the other members offered some sound advice to switch around the posts of the coil, so that the leg that comes off the top of the coil should attach to the negative coil post, and the bottom leg attaches to the positive coil post block. That way, if the coil were to accidentally touch down on the block, it wouldn't result in a short.

Additionally, by doing that, it allowed me to press the coil all the way down to the block so that it actually DID make contact, which effectively lowered my impedance a bit (it measures 1.0 Ohms now), and also reduced flooding further, by blocking the hole.

That link shows how I wicked it up with cotton. I've been doing it this way ever since, have gone through at least a dozen tanks and it still holds very strong, and tasting super awesome all around. My best setup so far. The flavour is second to none and amazing vapor production. I can't wait to get my hands on the Aqua, which should be more of the same thing. Same setup, but with dual coils? How can that be bad?! :D

Nemesis
12-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Yes, I'm going to be ordering a few extra of these center posts on my next order. Another buyer had the same problem, but he attributed it to hulk torquing it down. I haven't heard of any other complaints yet, but I'll take care of you guys on this.

Not really Hulk , more like a Santa's helper approach :) , I would buy more posts just in case .
In my case the post was touching the base shortcuting so I taught it wasn't fully assembled and that's when it snapped when I looked closer the base had some
metal sticking out in the base hole from when they drilled the hole. Now I removed that extra metal and hopefully with the replacement post it wont short .
Can you ask the rep how much do they charge for the post alone ?

realbriguy
12-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Guess who just joined the club?

http://www.pbase.com/image/153913958/original.jpg

I did NOT hulk this down, either. It's gone through about 3 disassembly/reassemblies, though.

I can get free replacements on a case-by-case basis. So far, we have us 3 guys in the club now. Extras are $4 a piece.

vdaedalus
12-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Oof, another one bites the dust.

Mine was about three teardowns as well, just to rewick and clean up before changing flavour (always filled through the fill valve), I ran the same coil from the day I got it. Hopefully we can get a bit more mileage out of the replacements.

If anyone's willing to gamble on the threads fitting, East Coast has replacement Russian (full-size) posts for about $15.

realbriguy
12-26-2013, 09:11 AM
Oof, another one bites the dust.

Mine was about three teardowns as well, just to rewick and clean up before changing flavour (always filled through the fill valve), I ran the same coil from the day I got it. Hopefully we can get a bit more mileage out of the replacements.

If anyone's willing to gamble on the threads fitting, East Coast has replacement Russian (full-size) posts for about $15.

If I break another post, I'd almost be willing to take that gamble...

On another note:

Just a few hours left to go till I place the order for the third round! If there's anything you guys want to blow all your Santa money on, now's your chance! Get orders and payments in to me ASAP! I'm closing orders for this round at 5pm! I will continue taking orders afterwards, but depending on timing, it may just be shifted to a following order. Once payment has been made on this order, any excess orders I've placed will go up in price! Buy now, save more!!! :D

bdpf
12-26-2013, 10:07 AM
So I still haven't received mine and I'm already having buyer's remorse :(

realbriguy
12-26-2013, 10:24 AM
So I still haven't received mine and I'm already having buyer's remorse :(

What are you regretting? The Kayfun? If you don't want the Kayfun anymore, I'll refund you on it. I desperately want another one, and the next production run doesn't finish for another couple of weeks. I'd already ordered 30 more. It's the best vape I've had, and I definitely recommend not letting the center post issue dissuade someone from trying it. Currently, we have a 10% failure rate of the center pin from my order. I'll be sure to let out a warning to not over-tighten that post. But, failure aside, I still think the risk is worth the quality of the vape.

One of my buyers has a few real Kayfuns. I'm going to ask him if he can see if the real center post is a 1:1 fit.

realbriguy
12-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Okay, I got confirmation that the real Kayfun center post will fit the HCigar.

realbriguy
12-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Hammer shipment is finally inbound! Origin is also coming on this shipment! I'm going to be bugging people for Origin money this weekend. Everyone who's already expressed interest, gets it at the heavily discounted preorder price of $30. Everyone else after, is $38 until the shipment lands. Once it lands, Origin goes up to $46! Sorry, but that's the only way I can cover my output to meet MOQ's to get these orders moving FAST! You snooze... you lose!

Tracking here:
http://www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/express/tracking.shtml?brand=DHL&AWB=4959050235%0D%0A

I forgot to update this thread with the Order #2 shipment info... apparently there was some sort of error with the freight forwarding company and they provided my sales rep with the wrong tracking number.

A new tracking number was provided:
http://www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/express/tracking.shtml?brand=DHL&AWB=4959073652%0D%0A

As far as I can tell from the movement on that tracking page, I should probably be receiving this shipment tomorrow. I tried calling DHL's Canadian office today to give them detailed instructions on how to get to my address (it's a new street that doesn't show on all maps yet), but the Canadian office is closed for Boxing Day. I'll try again tomorrow. Hopefully I can get them in time to update their driver. I'd love to get this shipment before the weekend.

realbriguy
12-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Order 3 has been placed!

ETA 1st/2nd week of January.

It's still not too late to add items. I ordered a few extra items, so if there's something you're looking for that I have excess of, I can have it for you in this shipment. If not, I can put you on the next upcoming order that's going through in a couple of weeks that's shipping with Kayfun 3.1's.

Cheers,
Brian

Nemesis
12-27-2013, 06:35 AM
Okay, I got confirmation that the real Kayfun center post will fit the HCigar.

Will the Russian post fit also ?

realbriguy
12-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Will the Russian post fit also ?

I have no clue... I guess that depends on whether a real Kayfun post will fit the Russian? LOL. I'm using extended logic. If A=B, and B=C, then A=C.

realbriguy
12-27-2013, 12:57 PM
There is now 22kg of fresh metal sitting on my office floor.

Excuse me while I ignore your messages so I can pack my bags to take off to cuba with your goodies and money.

Just kidding. For local pickups, give me about 2 hours to do all the inventory. Will answer any messages after.

realbriguy
12-28-2013, 10:40 AM
100 N42 magnets have just been ordered for the Hammer's switch. I find it a bit too light for my taste, so I went ahead and placed a big ol' order for magnets! :D

EDIT: USD$0.35 each, if you're interested in them. The Hammer can fit up to three of them for a 1mm throw length and greater button weight. Two will give a 2mm throw length and less button weight. However, even with two of them, the button weight should still be greater the flimsy little spring that comes with the Hammer.

Let me know if you guys are interested in them. For orders that haven't shipped out yet, I can install them in your Hammers for you.

bdpf
12-28-2013, 10:49 AM
are those magnets the same dimensions as the ones for the Nemesis?

realbriguy
12-28-2013, 11:08 AM
are those magnets the same dimensions as the ones for the Nemesis?

No, the Hammer magnets are about half the size. The space in there is very tiny.

bdpf
12-28-2013, 11:14 AM
So are you selling the magnets? if so, how much? Thanks.

realbriguy
12-28-2013, 11:53 AM
So are you selling the magnets? if so, how much? Thanks.

Yep, $0.35 a pop. Sorry, I'd posted that message in such a rush of excitement, that I'd totally forgotten to mention the actual reason. LOL. That post has been edited, now.

realbriguy
12-30-2013, 01:14 PM
I'd just gotten a quote on custom made magnets for the Origin. N52 rating, manufactured from a specially licensed Nickel formula. I'm guessing they're sintered.

Update : magnets arrived. Message me to purchase

realbriguy
01-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Received the Hammer magnets late last night. Installed them in three setups, and found that some switches do not get enough throw to function properly with 3 magnets. The pin isn't able to extend past the Delrin insulator in the switch, which prevents a complete connection. The difference is just a fraction of a mm, somewhere in the range of about 0.2mm, so it seems that this is just an issue with manufacturing tolerance. If your Hammer happens to be like this, you might be able to shim the pin against the button with a small washer so that you can get that standoff clearance.

For the switches that allow 3 magnets, I found that you can get varying levels of button weight depending on how you set it up. In order of lightest weight to heaviest weight:

- Original spring (lightest)
- Two magnets (marginally heavier than the original spring).
- Original spring, stretched out (significantly heavier than the first two setups)
- Three magnets (marginally heavier than the original spring stretched out to twice its original length. This is subjective, and the stretched spring could potentially be stronger if you stretched it further.)
- Two magnets plus stretched spring - to me, this yielded the perfect setup for how I like it. While not as heavy as my Nemesis switches, it's significantly heavier now, and the magnetic feel is great

realbriguy
01-02-2014, 01:14 PM
If you weren't sure about the Aqua and Origin before, now you have a reason:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1560514_10152141736874184_454862070_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1486679_10152141736499184_2139135860_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1510930_10152141736549184_2063148768_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1531792_10152141736444184_2142590798_n.jpg

morebass
01-03-2014, 01:18 AM
:clap2::clap2: I was hoping they would work in hybrid mode

realbriguy
01-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Stainless Steel Caravela now available. USD$36 till January 7th. After that, it's $46 till they land. The order's already been placed. 20 are inbound. Get your order in while they last!

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1507889_10152143836829184_1417079211_n.jpg

Major
01-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Can I get in on a SS Caravela?

Whats the best way to do this?

Thanks.

realbriguy
01-04-2014, 12:13 AM
I have 20 Kayfun center posts inbound. They tell me these are the upgraded stainless steel version. $4 a piece.

Can I get in on a SS Caravela?

Whats the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Just shoot me a PM with your request, and I'll get you the payment info.

vdaedalus
01-04-2014, 01:12 PM
I have 20 Kayfun center posts inbound. They tell me these are the upgraded stainless steel version. $4 a piece.

Are the replacements we're getting for the broken ones going to be the upgraded ones, or brass again?

In other news, I finally dropped my Tobeco Kayfun and my Hcigar Nemesis on a tile floor after lunch. Dinged the top cap pretty good, and knocked the center plastic tank out of alignment. Managed to gently unscrew and rescrew it in without losing liquid, but I'm pretty sure the threads will be shot when I finally take it apart. Long story short, glad I have replacements and an M-tank incoming.

Nemesis
01-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Best news this year !
I am vaping on a FT Rocket because of my infinite bad luck on getting a Kayfun :)
If the Russky/Kayfun is better than this I think we have reached vaping PERFECTION.

Chef-Ryan
01-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Now for everyone to play the waiting game.. lol

realbriguy
01-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Are the replacements we're getting for the broken ones going to be the upgraded ones, or brass again?

That... I'm not too certain. I asked my rep, and she said Stainless Steel, so I asked for 20 of them, thinking I'd get a shoddy replacement part covered for eventual breaks... we're currently looking at a 35% breakage ratio from my batch of orders that I've sent out. The number is increasing each week. I asked her twice, just to confirm it was stainless steel, and both times, she said "yes".

I just looked at my purchase order yesterday, and I noticed that she'd actually charged me for the part... $4 per, which I'm not so happy about. I'm asking her about it now.

Regardless, I'll give it to you guys who have a busted part. Just kinda miffed because this is the first warranty replacement part that they charged me for, which they shouldn't, if the part is shit.

Back to the stainless steel... I'll believe it when I see it. To a lot of Chinese, as long as it doesn't rust or stain, then it's "stainless". My rep also has absolutely no idea of metallurgy, so I'm certain she's just quoting whatever her manager tells her, and there's a strong possibility he doesn't know the actual answer either. I'll let you guys know when I get the part and see it in person.

bdpf
01-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Does anyone else have their Kayfun leaking through the filling port or is it just mine?
The vape is great but this is pretty annoying. I had it in my coat this morning, the filling port started leaking, emptied quite a bit of my tank and now my coat smells like liquid. I'm at work right now and once in a while, the fill port starts leaking, I then have my hands that smell like liquid. Even though I wash my hands right away, my whole area smells like caramel right now LOL!

Nemesis
01-06-2014, 06:45 AM
That should not happen easily, mine gets flooded but is because I load it from the top and once I clean it and start it going no leak what so ever.
Have you checked the gasket on top of the chimney?

BTW I still don't have a functioning Kayfun so all my experience is based on Rocket.

vdaedalus
01-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Yeah, check the top cap gasket, sounds like your tank isn't maintaining pressure properly. Best way to get that o-ring to seat properly is to put it in the top cap during reassembly and screw the rest into it top down, so the chimney just presses into it as far as it should and no more.

bdpf
01-06-2014, 07:21 AM
I'll give the gasket a try but I don't think it's that. I think the valve just stays open for some reason. I took the base and started to squirt water from both sides, in to out and out to in and the filling ports allows the water to flow both ways when it shouldn't.
I also tried to clean it like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKq8VvU8_Kw but after 20 min, it was still allowing water to flow both ways.

Nemesis
01-06-2014, 07:24 AM
I'll give the gasket a try but I don't think it's that. I think the valve just stays open for some reason. I took the base and started to squirt water from both sides, in to out and out to in and the filling ports allows the water to flow both ways when it shouldn't.
I also tried to clean it like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKq8VvU8_Kw but after 20 min, it was still allowing water to flow both ways.
Maybe valve was damaged by needle.
Worst case scenario just will that hole with superglue and fill from top

bdpf
01-06-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't feel like super-gluing my $40/3 days old atty just yet LOL!

Nemesis
01-06-2014, 09:41 AM

then use a cork :)

MrTGun
01-06-2014, 09:44 AM

Or perhaps you'd have better luck with the real thing instead of the clone?

~TG

bdpf
01-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Or perhaps you'd have better luck with the real thing instead of the clone?

~TG

I would also have better luck if I could win the lottery and quit my job.
Not everybody has the means to spend $200 on an atty. If I had, I wouldn't be looking at the HCigar group buy thread ;)

MrTGun
01-06-2014, 09:58 AM
I agree, but when you are buying clones/copies/counterfeits etc, you are playing a game of Russian roulette with the quality control IMO. Keep your eye on the classifieds....you'd be amazed at what you can grab for less than a 100 bucks now and then.

~TG

bdpf
01-06-2014, 10:12 AM
In this particular case, it looks like this problem exists on the real one as well.
http://ukvapers.org/Thread-leaking-valve-Kayfun-3-1-es?pid=313486#pid313486

realbriguy
01-06-2014, 02:13 PM
I wonder if the spring that's retaining the ball bearing in the valve is somehow binding up, causing it to stick open.

As a non-permanent fix, I would probably take a round toothpick, jam it in the fill hole in the deck, and then snap it off.

misdem
01-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Brass Kraken (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1608171597/Top_quality_hcigar_brass_kraken_atomizer.html) looks pretty slick. Any updates on the pricing?

realbriguy
01-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Brass Kraken (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1608171597/Top_quality_hcigar_brass_kraken_atomizer.html) looks pretty slick. Any updates on the pricing?

Sorry, I keep forgetting to update this thread. The Facebook group still remains as the primary information source and contact point, due to my international client base.

I already started a pre-order for the Brass Kraken. USD$25. I'm going to squeeze it on to the Kayfun shipment, which ships out no later than January 22nd.

I'm setting the deadline for the discounted pre-order price to be no later than this coming Tuesday December 14th.

If you miss that date, no problem, I'll be ordering a few extra, and they'll be available at the slightly increased mid-order pricing. But, get your payments in ASAP if you want the lowest price possible!

realbriguy
01-09-2014, 08:18 PM
My sales rep just notified me that the Aqua/Caravela (brass and SS)/Kraken/Immortalizer/Omega/etc etc shipment is being packaged and being sent out tonight. I should have it early/mid next week.

Kayfun and brass Krakens will leave the factory at a later date.

Chef-Ryan
01-09-2014, 08:29 PM
woot woot yay.. Great news :). Thanks for the Update Brian..

realbriguy
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
COPPER Nemesis now available for pre-order! I'm going to add a few to the Kayfun shipment.

Pre-order price is USD$42.

I'm going to hold that price till Monday, January 20th, then it'll progress to mid-order pricing.

vdaedalus
01-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Since there's so much incoming, in several batches, can you give a rundown on what's coming down the pipe, in rough shipment order? Not everything, obviously, but the big stuff. For instance, I'm down for a couple of mid Kayfun tanks, an M-tank, an SS Caravela...and I'm not hurting for any of it just now, but I'm a bit curious. :)

realbriguy
01-13-2014, 05:47 AM
Since there's so much incoming, in several batches, can you give a rundown on what's coming down the pipe, in rough shipment order? Not everything, obviously, but the big stuff. For instance, I'm down for a couple of mid Kayfun tanks, an M-tank, an SS Caravela...and I'm not hurting for any of it just now, but I'm a bit curious. :)

Already in stock:
AIOS
Chi-You, Brass
Hammer
Hammer Magnets
Ithaka
Nemesis, SS
Nemesis, 2T
Origin

Shipment landing today:
Aqua
Caravela, Brass
Caravela, SS
Chi-You Flat Top Cap, Brass
Chi-You Flat Top Cap, SS
Immortalizer
Kayfun Center Post
Kayfun M Tank
Kayfun Tank Window
Kraken, SS
Omega
Prometheus
Taifun GT
Taifun GS
Trident

Shipment landing later this month:
Kayfun 3.1
Kraken, Brass
Nemesis, Copper

Shipment landing in February:
Chi-You Magnets
Nemesis Magnets
Origin Magnets

If you're interested in any of that, get your payments in ASAP to get the discounted pricing. As usual, the prices go up as the orders progress.

>