PDA

View Full Version : Taggin specific members in a post

Nicklfire
10-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Hello Community,

I have installed a plugin which allows you to TAG other people in a post, or a reply. This is fairly common if you were replying to someone specifically or maybe you wanted to get someones attention for whatever reason. Please do not abuse this system because i believe there is alot of benefits to this modification. It will send you a email when you have been tagged and lets you know what comments were made toward you and what thread you were mentioned in.

I have noticed over the last year many people refer to other people in a post, or try to get someones attention for whatever reason.. or maybe someone asks.. Where do i find this... and you say... you can get that at @KanadianKat (http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/member.php?u=160)for example which also creates a link to that persons profile and sends them a notification.

This is EXACTLY like twitter.. but unlike twitter it wont fill in the blanks if you start typing their name, you have to know their username and type @username .

Hope this helps out.

Regards,

Nicklfire

fanboy
10-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Sweeeeet. I find this feature quite useful on the other forums I'm on that utilize it. Thanks!

One question: Is there anywhere in Settings where we can set it so it does NOT email us, and instead does an internal Notification only?

Nicklfire
10-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Sweeeeet. I find this feature quite useful on the other forums I'm on that utilize it. Thanks!

One question: Is there anywhere in Settings where we can set it so it does NOT email us, and instead does an internal Notification only?

there is only a GLOBAL setting to turn off emails... so i cannot do it user by user.. I would have to disable the email totally. They have a pro version which i think is like 90-100$ which gives you that option.... unfortunatly i dont see the return on investment for that one hence the dont abuse this thing i posted above :)

If you are getting that many notifications... you are POPULAR hehe

fanboy
10-16-2013, 07:31 PM
there is only a GLOBAL setting to turn off emails... so i cannot do it user by user.. I would have to disable the email totally. They have a pro version which i think is like 90-100$ which gives you that option.... unfortunatly i dont see the return on investment for that one hence the dont abuse this thing i posted above :)

If you are getting that many notifications... you are POPULAR hehe

Ah gotcha, thanks for the update.

Haha, I'm a newbie so I'm in the clear!

fanboy
10-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Uh oh. Just received an email, not because I was tagged but because my post in this thread was Quoted. That's gonna get old real fast. Anyway to configure so it does only email when tagged?

Nicklfire
10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
I believe if you go to Settings (top navigationen), then click General Settings (left side bar), then uncheck receive administrative emails... i believe that's the way anyways. you wont get any emails then :)

fanboy
10-16-2013, 08:31 PM
I would still like to receive things like the newsletter, and potentially any important system announcements so I don't really want to disable that inadvertently. I'll do some testing and see what I can figure out. Thanks.

kingpin
10-18-2013, 01:55 PM
this is not fun!

Haze
10-18-2013, 03:14 PM
this is not fun!
kingpin

Did u figure it out?

sunmerly
12-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Very good function

>