PDA

View Full Version : New Website is UP!

chef
10-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

We've just launched a newly designed website www.craveejuice.com (http://www.craveejuice.com)

Let us know your thoughts or any issues/glitches you might experience with the new design.

Cheers,

Team Crave

Nicklfire
10-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Wow Dude, great job!!! it has a very corporate feel to it. You are a biggest company so i think it fits you well. Love the color choices. I'm not typically a fan on the wallpaper backgrounds like you used with all your flavors and icons but it actually works pretty well i think.

Here are some suggestions:

-when you originally load the main page at the very top it shows your logo and other top nav stuff which is great but when you start scrolling down a large part of the screen is taken away from the white background that appears at the top which appears to take away a good 20-25 part of the screens viewing potential which is somewhat unappealing. It maybe just be my webdesign background :)

-Anther suggestions is maybe to have less on the main page. It seems like you can scroll down forever and there is just soo much information... too much for the main page anyways. You could do a few things.. one would be take out the vendors images.. and maybe create a whole new page for them. This serves two purposes which shorts the page.. (not by much but helps) but also gives you additional page for google results and seo (content is king). After creating a new page for the vendors maybe you can add more vendors or company products you sell and ask them to link back to you.. increasing seo.

-for your twitter... the feed for the incoming tweets is too long. i would shorten to only list about 3-4 (shorts page again)

-At the very bottom of the page you have two medal graphics... The text is so extremely small i cannot read it.. and it's important stuff like FREE SHIPPING and WORLDWIDE delivery . make those bigger.. those are huge selling points.

-i like how the main navigation at the top floats down with you while you scroll down the page. again that white area is bigger then it needs to be... it would be nice to see MORE navigation.. maybe one to the shop, vendors, newsletter, contact us, maybe about us?

-regarding your product grid on http://www.craveejuice.com/collections/organic_ejuice_canada are the review stars going to be their. That's also nice to see what juices have been rated the highest and reviewed the most. Saves some time when looking for popular ones. I rezlize this is a new site and there maybe no review yet.

Overall VERY well done. I'm extremely picky... and maybe it's just my own personal preference. Im sure when people start responding they will either have different points or agree. Good looking site i like it... thumbs up for sure!

grobbins
11-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Not trying to complain or nit-pick Chef the site looks awesome but I will say it seems difficult to navigate and find certain items(i had to use the search function a lot) Also I dont know if it is because of the flash or HTML5(I cant tell what is used) but the site made both my laptop and work computer freeze up everytime i tried to load the page with all the juice selections.

I tried this with Firefox as well as IE both on windows and Linux. The best that worked for me without freezing/huge amounts of lag was using Chrome on my work computer with Win XP. It really seems like an overload type of situation because if i walked away and just left it eventually everything would load up and then allow me to scroll through to look. Maybe it is my hardware that is not capable but just thought i would point this out for you as it is the first time i have experienced this with a online store/website.

Sickify
11-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Liking the site, too bad it's all 0 nic, good prices and some tasty looking juices.

Only complaint is the message saying juice with nicotine is illegal in Canada, this is a fallacy and does not help our cause.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

ejuicesamples
11-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Hi Chef Matt.

I'm a big fan of your site, however, like some of the other commenters on this thread, I too found the homepage to be extremely busy. The problem is that there is so much to look at that by the time you are done with the homepage, you have run out of time to look at the actual products. The site however is very clean and attractive. It certainly speaks to the quality of your products and your service (and I speak from experience dealing with you and sampling many of your products). Try to move some of the content to separate pages so that it is easier to navigate to the information you are looking for instead of having it all on a single page (which is a little overwhelming). There was one glitch that I noticed with the site. When viewing a product page, the price that first appears when the page loads is in the hundreds of dollars and then quickly changes to the correct price. I have been seeing this happen every time I log into your site for the past couple of weeks. At one point a week ago, some of the values stayed at $117 or $267 and did not update properly on the page. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the theme or the wholesale app that you are using, however, I thought you should know about it. All in all, great site!

Jetalito
11-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Trying to look at flavors for DIY. Keeps going to premade juice. Do you sell flavors?

ruralhipster
11-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Busy.

Great photos but the info lost is lost in the shuffle. I'd Change to a simple homepage with two options Juice and Hardware. If you are calling your business Crave Gourmet eJuice you should highlight that. Design a homepage that doesn't require scrolling. I'll scroll to look through a large selection of juices, hardware, etc. but Scrolling on every page is a bit 00's for my taste. Also why does the Cream Soda cost 25 cents more than all your other juices?

>