PDA

View Full Version : HRM/NS vapemeet.

Switcher
10-04-2013, 05:10 PM
G'day folks

We have secured a public venue for our Vape meets/future "local" vape meets. Bearly's! http://www.yelp.ca/biz/bearlys-house-of-blues-and-ribs-halifax-2

I have secured the location for the last Saturday of the month, comencing the 26th of Oct , between 1pm and .... So if you miss one Sat well, there is always next month.

I have been trying to promote Vape meets since 2010 :( We do not have the market in HRM compared to TO. OTOH, nobody was willing to promote e-cigs in HRM.

So I stepped up to the plate and secured a venue for our Vape meets and encouraged, everyone else in our neighbourhood to do the same. Approach your local establishments, you will be surprised of the results :)

Yes Switcher is vocal. I will never deny that, I am also old fashioned! I will never deny that either. At the end of the day I am not a crusader! If regulations terminates us vendors, then what? We all know I am not in it for the money! So then what?

I am privileged in converting smokers everyday, well perhaps not everyday but a couple of times a week. I have done my job. <---- Shit that doesn't sound right! My pleasure in life <---- heck that doesn't even sound right. Damn!! Is to educate the less informed wrt vaping admits the innuendo published by our governments. To whit...

The mgr of the venue we will be holding our meet/future meets at asked? Why are there not more establishments willing to provide/allow vaping, in HRM? Of course I provided him with the necessary background and political BS (vaping the entire time of the Interview). That being said, if you have a venue, post it.

HRM meets will be conducted on every last Sat of the month at the aforementioned location. We will be promulgating this in due time this is an advance notice.

Time to close in proper Switcher fashion :wink: be there, or be square :)

PS: It is everyone's job to promote vaping! BTW, forums only reach 10% of the vapers at large?

tatt2edone
10-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Man...I would love to attend a meet with you Switcher!!! Great job setting a regular meet venue up...that in itself is a very daunting task, I am sure the vapers will be appreciative :)

Switcher
10-04-2013, 06:19 PM
It was a long time coming no doubt. I was totally flabbergasted by the mgr response today. The gist of this post, was for folks to get out there,. I cannot put in to words what we discussed, just the short strokes. I gather this venue has openly welcomed vaping for quite some time. Jebus! I took a seat at a table and openly vaped. Got a menu from the wtrr and asked if I could speak to the mgr, openly vaping (knew so ahead of time, this was a test) I am the mgr... Oops! Discussed I was explained talk to my son he runs the place. Short strokes! We need to get out there :) Without being offensive, I vape whenever I feel like it. Never had an issue with the exception of not being allowed to vape in a garden centre of an open parking lot. Our right to vape is EVERYONE'S responsibility :)

lost
10-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I hope to attend the one this month Rick. Would be good to sit down and chat again and so I'm not square. :)

Switcher
10-16-2013, 11:48 AM
I hope to attend the one this month Rick. Would be good to sit down and chat again and so I'm not square. :)
Yup! Looking forward to it as well. We should have a blast.

VIPOD
10-17-2013, 08:59 AM
This is great news. Hopefully my Maritime travels take me to Halifax in the coming months.

Switcher
10-27-2013, 04:49 AM
Good time was had by all. Good to see all the familiar faces in one venue :)

>