PDA

View Full Version : Can I use the Nicotine from Nicorette Inhalers?

LaZeR
09-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Hi,

I have a bunch of unused Nicorette Inhaler cartridges lying aound and wondering if I can use the nicotine for DIY purposes, mixing, adding extra nicotine to my eLiquid, etc...

Do you know?

Medicinal Ingredients: each plastic cartridge delivers 4 mg of nicotine from a porous plug containing 10 mg nicotine.

Non-Medicinal Ingredients: ethanol, menthol, and porous plugs.

Here's a link: http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/consumers/cmi/n/NicoretteInh10mg.htm

For chemist type folks: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=70A36506-88F8-44F3-A4A5-E69241D4453A

Allecigs
09-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Lazer, please be careful, leave well enough alone. Throw the darn things out. Not sure at all that you should be putting that in your 808D, but something tells me the answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mindfield
09-08-2013, 05:32 PM
While I suppose it would be possible to extract the nicotine from the powder in those little cartridges, I would advise against it. Maybe in a vaping doomsday scenario it might be worth investigating (though a bloody expensive way to get your nic), but realistically, it's orders of magnitude easier to just order nic from a vendor that sells it.

I still have a bunch of those inhaler cartridges here too. They're mainly just space fillers.

Allecigs
09-08-2013, 05:37 PM
While I suppose it would be possible to extract the nicotine from the powder in those little cartridges, I would advise against it. Maybe in a vaping doomsday scenario it might be worth investigating (though a bloody expensive way to get your nic), but realistically, it's orders of magnitude easier to just order nic from a vendor that sells it.

I still have a bunch of those inhaler cartridges here too. They're mainly just space fillers.

I whole totally agree

LaZeR
09-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Lazer, please be careful, leave well enough alone. Throw the darn things out. Not sure at all that you should be putting that in your 808D, but something tells me the answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!k thanks - I have ceased my Frankenstein experiment! lol

LaZeR
09-08-2013, 06:44 PM
While I suppose it would be possible to extract the nicotine from the powder in those little cartridges, I would advise against it. ... "powder"? thought it was liquid! lol

Mindfield
09-08-2013, 08:00 PM
"powder"? thought it was liquid! lol

Nope. It's a fine nicotine-impregnated powder (probably talc), which is held by that foam sponge inside the cartridge. That's why I always described puffing on one of those things like smacking a pair of well-used chalkboard brushes together and inhaling the resulting cloud.

Rare Air E-Cigs
09-09-2013, 10:34 AM
What?? Haven't you guys heard? The nicorette inhaler is the "only inhaler with nicotine proven to help you quit." ! 2822

Stinky Canuck
09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
What?? Haven't you guys heard? The nicorette inhaler is the "only inhaler with nicotine proven to help you quit." ! 2822

Lol cough cough hack :)

wheelie
03-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Good when I go on airplanes. Only way the wife can drag me on a plane. LOL

Howie
03-23-2014, 10:36 PM
You'd have a better chance with the quick mist. But be warned I doubt it's pure nicotine. Whatever it is it's a lot like French kissing a pissed off dragon that ate at Taco Bell.

Sent from a Canadian Spy Satellite.

Texasweekend
03-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Those inhalers have a ton of filler materials added to them, so if you decide(which I hope you don't) to use them for DIY, it will be at your own risk, and I mean RISK!