PDA

View Full Version : Notice to new vendors posting ads

Mindfield
09-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Part of what makes WackedOut different from other forums is that we welcome discussion between vendors and users alike, and permit vendors to post their ads, sales, contests, and so on in the appropriate forums here. We like to feel that we are all one big community here, and whether user or vendor, we're all vapers sharing a common goal: Staying away from tobacco.

If you are a new vendor just signing up here, however, while we welcome you to post your ads and such, we would appreciate it if you would also, at least to some degree, participate in active general discussion here with other members rather than just use WackedOut as a billboard. Community engagement is what we're all about here, a place to share our thoughts and ideas and ask questions and provide answers and just generally do what friendly communities do, and just generally enjoy being free of tobacco and indulging in this new realm of electronic cigarettes, so if you would like to post ads here, you are welcome to do so, but we request that you engage in the larger community here as well. We are pretty easy going and friendly here, but we're also not just a billboard. If a vendor or supplier does not engage in any form of meaningful discussion beyond their own business and continues to simply post ads and product updates and such, their account will ultimately be removed. We welcome your presence here, thank you for your consideration in this matter, and hope to chat with you on a more social level here at WackedOut.

Notfitforpublic
09-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Personally, I think this is a brilliant move. I will be far more prone to purchase from a vendor that participates in the community as a whole as opposed to one that simply uses the board for advertisement. Its a demonstration of commitment to your customers. It will be a good indication of what vendors are dedicated enough to supply the customer service we as consumers deserve, and what vendors figure they're too big or too busy to interact with their customers. Thanks to WackedOut I've found some amazing suppliers, all because of their interaction here. In turn, I have also dealt vendors that because of a lack of service I received, and their lack of participation here, I will never... EVER deal with again. Well played Mindfield, well played.

Mindfield
09-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Personally, I think this is a brilliant move. I will be far more prone to purchase from a vendor that participates in the community as a whole as opposed to one that simply uses the board for advertisement. Its a demonstration of commitment to your customers. It will be a good indication of what vendors are dedicated enough to supply the customer service we as consumers deserve, and what vendors figure they're too big or too busy to interact with their customers. Thanks to WackedOut I've found some amazing suppliers, all because of their interaction here. In turn, I have also dealt vendors that because of a lack of service I received, and their lack of participation here, I will never... EVER deal with again. Well played Mindfield, well played.

Indeed. I don't want to discourage vendors from interacting with the community, but at the same time, ads are not interaction. While they're relevant to the community and you never know if we won't find something good, or a generally good vendor that way, it is only through interaction with the community that we can get to know a vendor on some level and get an idea that they're committed to the community as a whole, not just their business.

Goofy
09-01-2013, 04:59 PM
I couldn't agree more. We've seen an influx of one off - two off vendors lately. I would welcome more participation from vendors giving advice and tips...

CEV Vancouver
09-02-2013, 02:49 PM
I'd like to apologize for my lack of attendance here at WO. I've been extremely busy with our new store location (move only, not 2nd haha) and will be returning to the community-at-large in the near future.

While I've been gone I have signed in to answer PMs mainly. I have also had a few links through VapeStrong chat posted to view the recent happenings. Some have been good but I have also noticed a lot more animosity and events that detract from the main purpose of WO and hope these situations will be dealt with appropriately by the moderation team. WO was built to provide a more open framework for discussion and commenting. To introduce a new platform for vendors to interact with their customer base, without such suffocating regulations other forums impose was a welcome relief. That being said WO has always been about being a safe and respectful place for everyone.

That being said, I do plan on returning and sharing everything I've learned and experienced since my "daily posting" days.

I plead you accept this as my sincerest apology for leaving you all before :).

- Jae

Mindfield
09-02-2013, 04:40 PM
I'd like to apologize for my lack of attendance here at WO. I've been extremely busy with our new store location (move only, not 2nd haha) and will be returning to the community-at-large in the near future.

While I've been gone I have signed in to answer PMs mainly. I have also had a few links through VapeStrong chat posted to view the recent happenings. Some have been good but I have also noticed a lot more animosity and events that detract from the main purpose of WO and hope these situations will be dealt with appropriately by the moderation team. WO was built to provide a more open framework for discussion and commenting. To introduce a new platform for vendors to interact with their customer base, without such suffocating regulations other forums impose was a welcome relief. That being said WO has always been about being a safe and respectful place for everyone.

That being said, I do plan on returning and sharing everything I've learned and experienced since my "daily posting" days.

I plead you accept this as my sincerest apology for leaving you all before :).

- Jae

Hey, no worries, Jae -- this wasn't by any means directed at you specifically. I just wanted to post this here because we've gotten a bit of a small rash of seeming spam postings here by suppliers/vendors who aren't participating in the community as a whole, and I wanted this here to direct them to as a friendly reminder that we're not just a wall to post bills on. By and large this is something our Canadian vendors and suppliers don't need to be told because we're naturally drawn to community participation -- even if sometimes we don't have a lot of time to do so. But we look forward to you spending more time here in any event.

Nicklfire
09-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Could not have said it any better my friend. This is exactly what we are looking for. I know most vendors by first name basis because I see the majority of them posting so thank you community. Thanks for this thread as well.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

VaporJedi
09-10-2013, 12:22 AM
That sounds about right! :)

Trying to find more time to hang out - but getting my shop open has been a time consumer! :D

>