PDA

View Full Version : 1000 member milestone !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicklfire
07-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Hello Community! Wow, it's finally here... we busted into the 4 digits finally... and when i say finally i mean.. WOW that was quick!!!!!!!

The forum was originally up and going with 1 member (myself) back on December 6 2012 ) , we quickly gained traction and word started spreading and we hit 200 members on ( January 22 2013) and after that more and more vendors started coming on board which increased our member base even higher by hitting 500 members on (March 25 2013 ) and then only 3 months later we hit 1000 members (july 5 2013 ). Those are SOLID numbers folks, very solid... just totally blown my expectations away.

I started this site because i got into vaping back around september 2012 and bought my first kit i think at the end of september. After doing tons of research i was really confused and i did NOT want to join ecf.. i wanted a canadian forum but i could not find anything active really. I did not know who was a good vendor to buy from, i had no idea if i was getting ripped off anywhere... no idea where to get juice... so after learning it all the hard way i decided to start wackedout.

People always make fun of the name of the site and they say.. why is it called that. WELL..........i'm from a little town in BC called Chilliwack :) hence... WACKedout... :) This industry has given me so much support.. the people are great.. the vendors are great and everyone is just very caring.

I love giving back and i love that vendors give as much as they do as well. That's a huge part of why we have become as popular as we have so my hats go off to everyone who has supported me from the start. I would also like to give a huge shout out to the moderators here. They have taken alot of the garbage away from my plate which allows me to focus on other areas of the forum instead of just worrying about all the spam and stuff so thank you all! So here is to 1000 members....

i guess the next goal will be 2500 :) so by my calculations... maybe by XMAS... what a nice present :)

Thanks again all

tippy
07-05-2013, 07:34 PM
You built it. They came. :) Thanks for putting it together for us.

hammerhead
07-05-2013, 07:51 PM
1000 will only be the start! We are taking Canada over! Soon there will be no more smokers, only vapers! Well done, Shawn! I'm proud to be a part of this!

Haze
07-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Congrats, it'll only get bigger and better!

Mindfield
07-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Weee! It's been a fun ride so far and it's great to see that it continues to grow. To be brutally honest I really haven't been back to ECF in any meaningful way in quite some time. I mean, I don't think I ever really felt at home there anyway but it seemed like the best game in town at the time so I stuck around. Since this site opened though and provided a good solid Canada-centric forum for us to gather it's been a lot more comfortable. No ten pound tome of often draconian rules, no overzealous mods, less drama, just good common sense and a solid sense of community.

g3ckz
07-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Even though im still fairly new to not only this forum .. but vaping in general .. it makes me happy and confident that i have so many vapers here, both new and experienced, to guide my and answer any questions i may have. so basically i just want to say thanks! thank you for giving me and other new vapers a place to ask, learn and have fun! i feel honored to be a part of your milestone here!

WalkerT
07-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Congratulations Nickfire and this community for 1000 members! :clap2:

I imagine that this forum will continue to grow at a very steady pace as more people become informed & aware about this alternative to quitting tobacco smoking. Those who smoke, generally don't want to continue. We all know that cigarette smoking is becoming increasingly socially unacceptable, way too expensive and it's certainly not doing anything positive for our health!

Since I've started vaping, I've already had several people ask me about it; strangers and friends, smokers and non smokers and I've been doing my best to explain this product and educate them about it.

All I can say is that so far, vaping/e-cigs have enabled me to ditch the sticks and I feel I'm doing extremely well. I feel better, breathe better and I don't stink or pollute the air around me anymore!

Great work Nickfire and congrats again. I know how difficult it is to administrate a message board but also how rewarding it can be. :)

Switcher
07-06-2013, 03:37 AM
WTG Shawn Bravo! :)

You have succeeded where many have brutally failed in the past.

MrTGun
07-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Nicely done sir! I frequent quite a few boards re: varying hobbies of mine and I'm happy to say the vibe here as a new guy is a solid one. Look forward to being around long enough to be consider the old guard one day;)

Jetalito
07-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Congratulations Shawn, and everyone else. Hopefully, we're all around here, this time next year. Great place to come and relax, sit back, and soak up some information. As it sits right now, I'm able to keep up with all the info. on here, but as time goes on, I'm sure I'll miss some of the great posts. It will bother me, cause I'm nosy, and like to read everything that is going on. Because of this site, I have found my favorite all day mod, and am working on my favorite juices. Will have been vaping three years Oct. 1/13, and have learned more from this site, than any place I have frequented before. Not much drama, or back biting, which is a welcome change. Modders, vendors, and buyers, seem to all welcome each other, and everyone helps each other, to the best of their ability, and then some. Will be a member of this forum until doomsday, and beyond. Look forward to reading everyday, and oh yeah, putting my 2 cents in, once and a while.:blabla:

katmandu
07-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Congratulations Shawn and to all of the wacked out community for making this a great forum to hang out in.

A forum for Canadians to discuss vaping (and other things) was sorely needed.

Kortt Wulfe
07-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Congratz to WO! Thanks for providing such a great place to learn, hang out, and keep informed Shawn!

lucv13
07-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Congrats Shawn and thanks for creating the forum, 1,000 strong and still growing!!!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/thanks/signboard-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

Nubbie
07-08-2013, 05:27 AM
nice work, 1000th is a great milestone.

SoUnique
07-09-2013, 06:06 AM
Awesome work Shawn. I Love being part of this WackedOut family.

Maja
07-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Congrats on another milestone!

>