PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Mods

dredd0606
06-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, this is a new thread to discuss Diablo Hybrids, DVG, and the upcoming Diablo One.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Nubbie
06-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, this is a new thread to discuss Diablo Hybrids, DVG, and the upcoming Diablo One.

So diablo one? Is that going to complete with the pure by the other guy?

dredd0606
06-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Haven't seen a lot of either mod, but I the styling is very different on them, and if the Diablo Hybrid is any indication, the performance of the Diablo One will be outstanding. I'm sure some will prefer each device...

Jetalito
06-06-2013, 09:12 AM
So excited for all that is going on, and congrats on your new home. :cheer2:

hammerhead
06-06-2013, 01:45 PM
soooo.... I gotta ask..... Has DHL released the shipment yet? :D :D

Tebo
06-06-2013, 01:52 PM
I can't wait to hear how people like their hybrid.

hammerhead
06-06-2013, 02:08 PM
I can't wait to hear how people like their hybrid.

You know we are gonna love 'em!!! Are you getting one of them?

Tebo
06-06-2013, 03:38 PM
You know we are gonna love 'em!!! Are you getting one of them?

no, I'm waiting for reviews and opinions, RBA's are a little above my league ATM too but I'm planning to get into them soon

hammerhead
06-06-2013, 03:55 PM
no, I'm waiting for reviews and opinions, RBA's are a little above my league ATM too but I'm planning to get into them soon
I know the nervousness involved with taking that first step... If you're interested in trying genesis devices, you can't go wrong with a RSST and any mechanical mod. They work great, and are priced so that you won't break the bank experimenting. Trust me- once you experience the vape a genny creates, there will be no turning back! I definitely support you getting a Diablo if you wanna jump right in. Looks like a great hybrid. I know I will be posting my opinions once mine comes in! If you have any questions about RBAs feel free to send me a message. I'd be happy to help however I can. (sorry, Eonvape, for suggesting an RSST to a guy!!! I know he will want a hybrid once he tries it, anyway!)

dredd0606
06-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Quick update on the Diablo Hybrid shipment: the package has (finally) been given clearance by customs, and is now scheduled for the next delivery.

Thanks again guys for your patience! The wait is nearly over!

Zippy
06-07-2013, 08:45 AM
sweet jebus! days away... but damn.. will be next week now that i think of it.. damn it is Friday. Vapemail is the only reason why I curse weekends... F You Canana Post! why can't you work 7 days... this day and age there really is no reason for weekends closed....

Jetalito
06-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Yay, not enough vapemail lately. Starting to roll in. Time to make more juice! :welcoming:

dredd0606
06-07-2013, 12:02 PM
sweet jebus! days away... but damn.. will be next week now that i think of it.. damn it is Friday. Vapemail is the only reason why I curse weekends... F You Canana Post! why can't you work 7 days... this day and age there really is no reason for weekends closed....

Sorry Zippy, this one isn't CPs fault. This one rests squarely on the block heads at dhl and the customs agent with some form of power complex. If these had been some other consumer product, customs wouldn't have blinked twice and dhl would have brokered them before they even hit the ground. I should have had these on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. All the paperwork was fully submitted 100% correctly on Friday last week.

Zippy
06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
No fault of yours dredd :) I'm Łber stoked for next weeks' vapemail

Sent from my Tapatalk. Please excuse typos or ridiculous autocorrect issues :)

kingpin
06-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Hey dredd. Just an FYI in case you didn't know but you can broker the items yourself you just need to ask DHL for the paperwork before they items land here. I don't know what's involved but I understand it's not very difficult.

gixxxer
06-07-2013, 12:29 PM
I probably need to send them labeled as "Metal Dildos" next time to get rid of this problem :D

dredd0606
06-07-2013, 03:47 PM
I probably need to send them labeled as "Metal Dildos" next time to get rid of this problem :D

Lol, that would probably attract less attention!

I just don't understand why they get so bent out of shape over ecigs! If I was importing bongs they wouldn't look twice!

dredd0606
06-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Hey dredd. Just an FYI in case you didn't know but you can broker the items yourself you just need to ask DHL for the paperwork before they items land here. I don't know what's involved but I understand it's not very difficult.

I actually have a dedicated broker that I use all the time for my other business, but DHL basically begged to try them, a mistake I won't be making again.

hammerhead
06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
I gotta ask... has DHL delivered the Diablo's yet?

dredd0606
06-11-2013, 02:17 PM
I gotta ask... has DHL delivered the Diablo's yet?

You bet, they dropped them off yesterday at 4:45pm. I'll be shipping them out tonight and tomorrow night.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hammerhead
06-11-2013, 02:20 PM
You bet, they dropped them off yesterday at 4:45pm. I'll be shipping them out tonight and tomorrow night.

That makes me a very happy man!! I'll be even happier if you get mine shipped out tonight... *wink wink, nudge*

Vaper_Dave
06-11-2013, 02:21 PM

YES! Best news this month so far!
Yes it’s been a slow moth! LOL

dredd0606
06-11-2013, 02:46 PM
That makes me a very happy man!! I'll be even happier if you get mine shipped out tonight... *wink wink, nudge*

I'm trying!

hammerhead
06-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm trying!
I know you're gonna do your best. I was just kidding. Sort of. But not really. :rofl:

Redux
06-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Got my shipping info, now just to wait. Yay

Calling All Vapers with Zai and Jay on Sunday nights at 7 pm PST on Vapestrong.ca

Nicklfire
06-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Got my shipping info, now just to wait. Yay

Calling All Vapers with Zai and Jay on Sunday nights at 7 pm PST on Vapestrong.ca

Dittoo

- shawn

MarkLib
06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
No shipping info for mine yet :(

dredd0606
06-13-2013, 11:18 AM
No shipping info for mine yet :(

Mark, I know for a fact I shipped yours. Give me a bit too find out why the heck it didn't email you like it did for nearly everyone else.

For anyone who ordered two Diablos, our combined Diablos with ba gua, they'll ship in about two hours. I gotta run out to get larger packages. When I set up the size and weight in my web store, I wasn't counting on the new retail packaging for the Diablo Hybrid.

MarkLib
06-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Mark, I know for a fact I shipped yours. Give me a bit too find out why the heck it didn't email you like it did for nearly everyone else.

For anyone who ordered two Diablos, our combined Diablos with ba gua, they'll ship in about two hours. I gotta run out to get larger packages. When I set up the size and weight in my web store, I wasn't counting on the new retail packaging for the Diablo Hybrid.

Thanks Devon

hammerhead
06-13-2013, 01:44 PM
The tracking number for mine is finally being recognized by Canada Post, but the delivery date, and a bunch of other information that regularly comes up when tracking a package isn't there! Canada Post really makes my blood boil sometimes!!! I know this is in no way at all a mistake you made, Dredd, but if CP does not get the Diablo here to me by the weekend (tomorrow should be the guaranteed delivery date,) I may punch my mail man. Then turn off all the lights in my house, climb into the fetal position in a dark corner, and sob gently until it arrives. Fingers are crossed ;)
I know a bunch of the tracking numbers from this shipment weren't being recognized for tracking by Canada Post from correspondence with Dredd. Thanks a bunch for keeping me, and I'm sure others, updated with what was happening. You supply great products, and are a great guy to deal with as well. It doesn't get any better!!!

dredd0606
06-13-2013, 03:06 PM
The tracking number for mine is finally being recognized by Canada Post, but the delivery date, and a bunch of other information that regularly comes up when tracking a package isn't there! Canada Post really makes my blood boil sometimes!!! I know this is in no way at all a mistake you made, Dredd, but if CP does not get the Diablo here to me by the weekend (tomorrow should be the guaranteed delivery date,) I may punch my mail man. Then turn off all the lights in my house, climb into the fetal position in a dark corner, and sob gently until it arrives. Fingers are crossed ;)
I know a bunch of the tracking numbers from this shipment weren't being recognized for tracking by Canada Post from correspondence with Dredd. Thanks a bunch for keeping me, and I'm sure others, updated with what was happening. You supply great products, and are a great guy to deal with as well. It doesn't get any better!!!

Kick him in the groin for me too!

hammerhead
06-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Kick him in the groin for me too!

You got it, Buddy! Canada Post has about a 80% chance of delivering my packages late, or to the wrong addresses...(one just got lost) this year....
I don't know if it's just me, but they couldn't get a package delivered by their 'Guaranteed' delivery date to me if their damn lives depended on it!
In fact, I had a shipment of juice 'Guaranteed' to be delivered to me today. Nope. Their awesome performance continues. I'll stop now, and save this for another thread, if at all. Don't wanna hijack this thread!
Dredd is still The Man! (The good kind of man, not like the government 'the man') ;)

LesVegas
06-13-2013, 07:46 PM
My wife is a superintendent (big title, I know) at CP. Man, i could fill a hundred pages with the things I know about that company. However, likely because of her big shiny title, I have yet to have a package arrive late or be lost in a year and a half of vaping.

hammerhead
06-13-2013, 07:58 PM
My wife is a superintendent (big title, I know) at CP. Man, i could fill a hundred pages with the things I know about that company. However, likely because of her big shiny title, I have yet to have a package arrive late or be lost in a year and a half of vaping.

I have heard of other people, with no connection to CP, have no problems with their deliveries at all.... I wonder if where you are located has something to do with it? Whatever it is, they are routinely late to me place! It's typically no big deal, except when the expected delivery date is Friday, and I'm stuck waiting till Monday or Tuesday.... Grrr!
We just gotta take it for what it is!! It's still cheaper, and usually faster(even when arriving a day late,) than driving all over the country to pick up vape gear from each vendor!!! Considering that, it's really quite an economical, and impressive service. I just think they should reevaluate their 'guaranteed' delivery dates- or at least remove the word 'guaranteed,' and use something like 'expected.' Just my thoughts on this. When I'm upset, my thoughts may be very different! lol

Vaper_Dave
06-13-2013, 08:05 PM
I’ve been lucky with CP as well… knock on forehead!
Like others my tracking didn’t work yesterday but up and reporting today. Calgary to Ottawa is a long ass haul so I’m not expecting mine till next week.

Since it’s close maybe we can talk about set ups? What are you running or expect to run?
I’ve got 32, 30 and 28 gauge wire, 325 and 400 mesh but the small ass precut 4.5X4.5cm mesh squares.
If I had half a brain I would have snagged some sheets from Jason last week so I could cut a lager wick so I don’t end up with a straw in the large wick hole.

hammerhead
06-13-2013, 08:13 PM
I use almost only genesis stuff, but this will be my first Hybrid!!! Sooo excited!
I have been using 400 mesh lately, and won't measure it out and cut it till I get the Diablo in my hands. I use 28, usually a 4/3 wrap, trying to get around 0.8-1.1 ohms. Occasionally I will do a 3 wrap to get some nice, intense vaping;)
Have you tried the 500 mesh? I haven't yet, and also wanna try some SS cable. All in due time....
If you really need some mesh I could send you some if you would pay the shipping. I picked up 2 12x12 sheets that I'm sure will last me till something far better comes out, and mesh will seem like an antique! ;) PM me if you could use the help.

hammerhead
06-13-2013, 08:14 PM
and thanks for changing the topic!!!!

dredd0606
06-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Since itís close maybe we can talk about set ups? What are you running or expect to run?
Iíve got 32, 30 and 28 gauge wire, 325 and 400 mesh but the small ass precut 4.5X4.5cm mesh squares.
If I had half a brain I would have snagged some sheets from Jason last week so I could cut a lager wick so I donít end up with a straw in the large wick hole.
I've been running a thick walled straw made from a 4.5cm square of 325. I have this wrapped with 4/3 of 28awg kanthal. Never had a problem wicking, vape is intense.

hammerhead
06-13-2013, 10:29 PM
I've been running a thick walled straw made from a 4.5cm square of 325. I have this wrapped with 4/3 of 28awg kanthal. Never had a problem wicking, vape is intense.

I'm thinking the large wick hole makes it tough to get dry hits, but thats just a thought. I always use as much mesh as possible in my gennies while being able to keep the wick fairly loose (aka- I stop rolling before my fingers start to bleed! Tough to explain.
I just checked CP's site, and.....
MY DIABLO IS IN WINNIPEG!!!!!!!! I could kiss you Dredd! Well, not really. Probably shouldn't have brought that up....
But This Is So Awesome!!!! They have no reason to not get it to me tomorrow.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PUUUUUUUMMMPPPPED!!!:whoo:

dredd0606
06-13-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm thinking the large wick hole makes it tough to get dry hits, but thats just a thought. I always use as much mesh as possible in my gennies while being able to keep the wick fairly loose (aka- I stop rolling before my fingers start to bleed! Tough to explain.
I just checked CP's site, and.....
MY DIABLO IS IN WINNIPEG!!!!!!!! I could kiss you Dredd! Well, not really. Probably shouldn't have brought that up....
But This Is So Awesome!!!! They have no reason to not get it to me tomorrow.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PUUUUUUUMMMPPPPED!!!:whoo:

For my genesis attys, I always roll a very tight wick around a 0.8mm thick wire. This gives a tight wall with a small straw hole, and you just increase or decrease the mesh size depending on what size wick hole you're using. Since I started doing this, I don't get dry hits (well, unless I do something stupid like forget to tilt with a quarter track left).

I've also played around with very short wicks that just barely enter the tank (about 1/8"). They actually work quite well, but require tipping just about all the time.

I'm really itching to try some ss 7x7 or 7x19 rope, just haven't gotten my hands on any.

hammerhead
06-13-2013, 10:47 PM
For my genesis attys, I always roll a very tight wick around a 0.8mm thick wire. This gives a tight wall with a small straw hole, and you just increase or decrease the mesh size depending on what size wick hole you're using. Since I started doing this, I don't get dry hits (well, unless I do something stupid like forget to tilt with a quarter track left).

I've also played around with very short wicks that just barely enter the tank (about 1/8"). They actually work quite well, but require tipping just about all the time.

I'm really itching to try some ss 7x7 or 7x19 rope, just haven't gotten my hands on any.

I try to roll my wicks quite loosely, so instead of a straw, there are small gaps between every layer, if that makes sense, and just till it barely fits in the wick hole.
That 7x19? I can't wait to try it!
I've never tried short wicks.

hammerhead
06-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Now that I know Diablo will be here tomorrow, I may finally be able to sleep!!!!
Cheers, my fellow Diablo Lovers!

Vaper_Dave
06-14-2013, 05:37 AM
If you really need some mesh I could send you some if you would pay the shipping. I picked up 2 12x12 sheets that I'm sure will last me till something far better comes out, and mesh will seem like an antique! ;) PM me if you could use the help.

Thanks man! I’ll check with a few local friends first but I might have to take you up on that! :-)

Thanks Dredd. This is how it will be set up since it’s out for delivery to me in Ottawa NOW! :-)

hammerhead
06-14-2013, 07:50 AM
My Diablo, according to Canada Post, is 'Out For Delivery" right now!!!!!!!!!!! My mail always comes around the same time, so I know within the hour I will have that work of vaping art in my hands!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna feel like the longest hour ever......

hammerhead
06-14-2013, 09:07 AM
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and man, is she sexy! Nicest mod I own so far, by far! Well done, Gixxxer, and thank you Dredd!!!!!
I may be in love....:love_heart:

Nubbie
06-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

hammerhead
06-14-2013, 09:33 AM

No pics yet. Unfortunately I lost my iPhone a while back, and that was my camera as well.... I'll try taking pics later on with my webcam, but it's really crappy, and I gotta head out right now. I'll see if I can post some this evening!

Vaper_Dave
06-14-2013, 09:48 AM

Oh it happened all right! 
It’s a thing of beauty before my sticky finger prints!

But what’s missing from this picture?
Dredd can you tell me the thread specs so I can get one tonight?

Redux
06-14-2013, 09:56 AM
I am jealous I don't think I will see mine till Monday. My tracking says it is still in lethbridge. We will see though I guess

larktdl
06-14-2013, 10:01 AM
All I can say is you guys are a bunch of lucky SOBs. I wish, I wish, I wish.
Very nice!

gixxxer
06-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Itís a thing of beauty before my sticky finger prints!

But whatís missing from this picture?

I knew this day was coming when I forgot one of the screws. Threads are 2mm.

If you can't find any fitting screws soon, send me an email to info@diablomods.net and I will send you spares.

Redux
06-14-2013, 10:09 AM

If you can't find any fitting screws soon, send me an email to info@diablomods.net and I will send you spares.

That is really stand up that you will do that. On a side note is that the email we can use to get extra tanks, and o rings from you for the diablo.

Vaper_Dave
06-14-2013, 10:11 AM

Thanks Gixxxer! I should be able to find one here at work and if not I’ll pick some up tonight on the way home from work!

Vaper_Dave
06-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Actually they are M2.5 X 4. I just come up from the machine shop in the lab.

The length is also critical since these are not drilled through so anything longer will bottom out.

gixxxer
06-14-2013, 10:31 AM
That is really stand up that you will do that. On a side note is that the email we can use to get extra tanks, and o rings from you for the diablo.

You can email me to that address if you need any help, have any problems or need spares.

kingpin
06-14-2013, 11:00 AM
It’s a thing of beauty before my sticky finger prints!

But what’s missing from this picture?

GO DAVE!

How's that for a piece of quality in your sweaty little hands. :D

dredd0606
06-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Actually they are M2.5 X 4. I just come up from the machine shop in the lab.

The length is also critical since these are not drilled through so anything longer will bottom out.

Please pm me regarding this. I feel terrible about this and I'd like to make it up to you.

Vaper_Dave
06-14-2013, 11:41 AM
GO DAVE!

How's that for a piece of quality in your sweaty little hands. :D

It feels great but better when it’s up and running tonight with the tank glowing Green!
Funny you mention hands… my wife and her friends call them paws and when I enter the room they are in they break into and old David Wilcox tune with their hands help up by their faces waving back and forth at me in unison. They may be a little large.. LOL

Please pm me regarding this. I feel terrible about this and I'd like to make it up to you.

No worries at all Dredd. Thanks to you and Gixxxer for the offers but it’s already solved.
As soon as I’m perfect I’ll expect it from everyone else! LOL

ItsJustVapor
06-14-2013, 12:44 PM
I got lots of supplies if you want you take a drive

sent from the nether, with a diamond enchanted pick

hammerhead
06-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Well, it took less than 6 hours of having The Diablo in my possession, and I managed to crack/chip a piece of the tank off....:frusty:
At least it is not leaking! Still, I am quite frustrated with myself at the moment!!!!!!!!

Zippy
06-14-2013, 03:52 PM

I have some 3mm (1/8) SS rope you can try. At least it said it was 3mm when I ordered it off ebay.. doesn't fit in the supposed 3.3mm hole which i thought would be a gimme... I don't want to remove the insulator, so I just remove a strand or two from the rope and it still wicks like crazy. only pain is the rope retains the heat...

Zippy
06-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Dredd, did you by chance get any spare buttons? i know they are engraved with serial, but that number to me is irrelevant.

Redux
06-14-2013, 05:34 PM
I can't believe my tracking still says it hasn't left lethbridge. That drives me nuts

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/rydeje3y.jpg

bk78
06-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Dredd, did you by chance get any spare buttons? i know they are engraved with serial, but that number to me is irrelevant.

The first thing I do when I buy a new mod is disassembly and a full clean of everything then it'll run smooth

Nicknack
06-14-2013, 05:46 PM
The first thing I do when I buy a new mod is disassembly and a full clean of everything then it'll run smooth

Great minds think alike I do the same thing as well

dredd0606
06-14-2013, 06:01 PM

Just tore the button down and noticed some important things. I'll post a tutorial later, it's unlike any button I've ever seen before.

dredd0606
06-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Ok, so here is the Diablo v1.2 button. This is going to be a quick tear down, showing you some important bits you need to know.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/yhezy7a9.jpg

First of all, we are going to unscrew the black insulator from the outer switch. Just apply some pressure to to the black insulator and twist it counter clockwise. It may take a few tries, but you'll get it. Here is the before:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/ude3emy4.jpg

Here is the during:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/sa5e8y9a.jpg

Here is the after:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/ruqy3y5y.jpg

Now, to take apart the black "upper button", all you do is push using a screw driver or other small implement against the gold contact on the bottom of the "upper button":
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/memuvy6y.jpg

And it will come apart like this: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/y2y4usup.jpg

Now to reassemble these pieces the order is very important. Start with the cup, the threaded black delrin piece. Into that put the flat gold plated brass piece, then the washer spring, then the top hat brass piece, then the black delrin "plug". Make sure the plug is firmly in place.

EDIT: I have tried it with the washer spring on the bottom of the top button assembly, and while it did still fire, the power was reduced (more voltage drop) IMHO. I didn't test this with a voltmeter, it just hit harder with the spring in between the brass pieces.

Next lets take the bottom button apart. Holding the pusher (the piece with the Diablo logo and the serial number engraved on it) unscrew the brass screw with a screw driver. BE CAREFUL REMOVING THE PUSHER ONCE THE BRASS SCREW IS OUT. The magnets in here almost explode out, and I have a feeling they're rather fragile. Once you get it apart, you'll have this:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/yjudunuv.jpg

You'll notice the magnets have a flat side and a inside beveled side. I believe this is to control how stiff the button is. If you reassemble with the beveled side facing each other, the tension seems weaker to me. I tried it both ways, and beveled side in felt best. It still stands on its own, but the button seems a lot smoother and doesn't stick anymore.

One thing you will notice if you look carefully is the machining marks on the side of the pusher. They look like a bunch of little ridges and are from the lathe they were machined on. I think this is what is sticking/binding on the buttons. Sanding or polishing these down will most likely solve the sticking issue all together. That said, I didn't do that, and after reassembling it my button seems a lot smoother.

To reassemble, simple follow these steps backwards.

Please remember to be careful when you take this button apart. The magnets will most likely break if the fall to the floor or snap together to hard.

Let me know if this helps anyone out, or what your findings are by posting here please!

Thanks guys!

Devon

kingpin
06-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Dredd. Thanks for taking care of the package for me. It was much appreciated and the new owner is beside himself right now. He can't stop slobbering all over it.

dredd0606
06-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Dredd. Thanks for taking care of the package for me. It was much appreciated and the new owner is beside himself right now. He can't stop slobbering all over it.

Glad to be of service! Great to hear he likes it.

gixxxer
06-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Good tutorial on the button dredd. I think that covers pretty much everything.

If you are having small gap between switch and batterytube. You can find instructions video how to fix that on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/gixxxervaping

Dee
06-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Ok, please don't laugh at me, but how do I take the tank apart to clean it?

dredd0606
06-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Ok, please don't laugh at me, but how do I take the tank apart to clean it?

Pull the top cap off, then use a pick (toothpick possibly) to remove both o-rings above the tank. Once they are off, simply grip the tank firmly and twist while pulling. It will take some effort but the tank will eventually start twisting and sliding off. I usually do this while the atty portion is attached to the battery tube (more to hold on to), and I twist the tank clockwise with one hand while holding the battery tube with the other.

The drops of liquid in your tank are water, they have all been pre cleaned by gixxxer before packaging.

Dee
06-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Thanks, Dredd! :)

gixxxer
06-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Tanks are pretty tightly fit in there so I would recommend just to fill thr tank with water few times when changing liquids. There is always the possibility that the tank will crack when taken off.

Jetalito
06-15-2013, 08:24 AM
My package is still showing accepted for processing in Lethbridge. I am so jealous that you guys are already using them.:pout:

Nicklfire
06-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Mine is taking a nap in calgary lol. Maybe Monday!

- shawn

bk78
06-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Canada post is messed up lately.

Vaper_Dave
06-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Finally got time to set it up and it’s amazing!

In fact I’m not used to anything hitting this hard so I’ll have to rewrap the coil to 5 or 6 wraps to tame it! 4 wraps and I can’t handle it! WOW

The bottom button is getting better like Gixxxer said in one of his videos but it did snap a few coils sticking on at first.
I may take it apart and sand it as Dredd suggested but I don’t want to put it down! :-)

Thanks guys! Amazing MOD!

dredd0606
06-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Finally got time to set it up and itís amazing!

In fact Iím not used to anything hitting this hard so Iíll have to rewrap the coil to 5 or 6 wraps to tame it! 4 wraps and I canít handle it! WOW

The bottom button is getting better like Gixxxer said in one of his videos but it did snap a few coils sticking on at first.
I may take it apart and sand it as Dredd suggested but I donít want to put it down! :-)

Thanks guys! Amazing MOD!

Glad you like it Dave!

Vaper_Dave
06-15-2013, 10:00 AM
I also have to comment on the Draw. It’s a perfect balance in stock form for me.

Right between the tiny opening I usually get from other stock genny’s and a little smaller than the 1/16 I sometimes open them up to but end up losing so much throat hit.

The flavor is amazing and being able to pulse oxidize the wick because of the insulated hole I get no aftertaste I sometimes experience.

SykoJoe
06-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Mine is taking a nap in calgary lol. Maybe Monday!

- shawn

My IGO's never said they left Calgary since June 12 but suddenly appeared in Mississauga this morning

Hawley
06-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Without a doubt the best mod I've ever had the experience to not only vape, but actually now own... hits like a train, easy to set up, and insanely well built... Diablo 448 has found it's forever home! Thanks Gixx, Dredd and KP!! Pluid has never tasted this good ever... the only downside is I'm going to run out very fast now lol! The top cap is TIGHT, which means you never have to worry about it slipping off :) The standard draw IMO is absolutely perfect, and there's no need to drill it out at all. The media blasted "Satin" finish is awesome, and I know my acid hands won't tarnish it. Over-all, beautiful, incredibly well machined, very simple Genesis device to set up, and hits perfectly!

What a wicked addition to the family!

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/hawleyc/20130615_152101_zps59ac51c9.jpg

dredd0606
06-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Without a doubt the best mod I've ever had the experience to not only vape, but actually now own... hits like a train, easy to set up, and insanely well built... Diablo 448 has found it's forever home! Thanks Gixx, Dredd and KP!! Pluid has never tasted this good ever... the only downside is I'm going to run out very fast now lol! The top cap is TIGHT, which means you never have to worry about it slipping off :) The standard draw IMO is absolutely perfect, and there's no need to drill it out at all. The media blasted "Satin" finish is awesome, and I know my acid hands won't tarnish it. Over-all, beautiful, incredibly well machined, very simple Genesis device to set up, and hits perfectly!

What a wicked addition to the family!

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/hawleyc/20130615_152101_zps59ac51c9.jpg

What battery are you using in it? I noticed a gap between the switch and the tube.

Hawley
06-16-2013, 02:41 PM
What battery are you using in it? I noticed a gap between the switch and the tube.

AW IMR 18650, noticed it's a bit of a tight squeeze, and I was too much of a wuss to really screw it down in case of cross-threading lol...

This has since been rectified :)

Jetalito
06-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Ohhh, can't wait, but I am. Still waiting for delivery. Nothing today, maybe tomorrow, or next day, or day after, or day after that. CP is not my friend.:mad:

Vaper_Dave
06-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Any news on the Diablo One availability?

dredd0606
06-18-2013, 09:16 AM
I just got an email from Gixxxer this morning, he said it would be late August at the earliest before they shipped. I will email him again to ask for pricing info.

gixxxer
06-18-2013, 10:00 AM
I should know estimate on the pricing next week. Will keep you guys updated.

dredd0606
06-18-2013, 10:30 AM
I should know estimate on the pricing next week. Will keep you guys updated.

Thanks Gixxxer!

Hawley
06-18-2013, 05:35 PM
any pics of the Diablo One?

gixxxer
06-18-2013, 05:45 PM
You can find couple of videos of it at www.youtube.com/gixxxervaping

kingpin
06-18-2013, 07:50 PM
The RED one is MINE! :hand:

Curly
06-20-2013, 03:16 AM
I'm sure glad I didn't get a polished one. This PV hasn't left my greasy hands for 2 days. I'll definitely be adding future models to my growing collection. :)

Nicklfire
06-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Is the diablo supposed to have the flat head or the nipples for the aw imr 18650 , i had some other batteries with a nipple and there is a gap at the bottom. I was gonna order some new ones just wanna make sure i get the right ones.

Vaper_Dave
06-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Is the diablo supposed to have the flat head or the nipples for the aw imr 18650 , i had some other batteries with a nipple and there is a gap at the bottom. I was gonna order some new ones just wanna make sure i get the right ones.

It’s designed to use a nipple top AW IMR. Efest’s etc. don’t fit right!

Vaper_Dave
06-20-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm sure glad I didn't get a polished one. This PV hasn't left my greasy hands for 2 days. I'll definitely be adding future models to my growing collection. :)

But the polished is so dam Sexy to look at! Having said that I might have mine brushed or snag a media blasted or both. LOL
I’ll be picking up the One but the battery life concerns me. I wish someone would come out with a higher capacity 18500!

Today I put my Diablo in 350 mode for the first time. Only made it about 2 hours. Maybe I should be wrapping higher than an .8ohm coil eh.

gixxxer
06-20-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm testing some new stuff next week and it's possible that next month there will be 3 Hybrid SE version available for order.

Black Chrome:
- This version is first mechanically polished, after that it's coated with nickel, after that it's coated with silver and finally comes the black chrome

24k Gold:
- This version is first mechanically polished, after that it's coated with nickel, after that it's coated with 24k gold

Rhodium:
- This version is first mechanically polished, after that it's coated with nickel, after that it's coated with 24k gold and finally it's coated with rhodium

All these SE version will have silver coated battery contacts, threads and button surfaces which conduct electricity.

I will post some pictures after I get the testing done.

Prices are yet unknown but I would guess that somewhere between 300 and 500 euros depending on the finishing.

dredd0606
06-20-2013, 10:17 AM

Flat top work best.

dredd0606
06-20-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm testing some new stuff next week and it's possible that next month there will be 3 Hybrid SE version available for order.

Black Chrome:
- This version is first mechanically polished, after that it's coated with nickel, after that it's coated with silver and finally comes the black chrome

24k Gold:
- This version is first mechanically polished, after that it's coated with nickel, after that it's coated with 24k gold

Rhodium:
- This version is first mechanically polished, after that it's coated with nickel, after that it's coated with 24k gold and finally it's coated with rhodium

All these SE version will have silver coated battery contacts, threads and button surfaces which conduct electricity.

I will post some pictures after I get the testing done.

Prices are yet unknown but I would guess that somewhere between 300 and 500 euros depending on the finishing.

Wow! That sounds awesome!

ghostworld
06-20-2013, 10:28 AM
I really kind of want one of these diablos. Everyday I go look at the website and stare at the media blasted one. Then I force myself to not order. My vape budget is done for the month! Perhaps if by some chance there is 1 left when I am able to afford one, then I'll get one. If not, then I suppose it was never meant to be.

dredd0606
06-20-2013, 10:31 AM
I really kind of want one of these diablos. Everyday I go look at the website and stare at the media blasted one. Then I force myself to not order. My vape budget is done for the month! Perhaps if by some chance there is 1 left when I am able to afford one, then I'll get one. If not, then I suppose it was never meant to be.

Pm me.

kingpin
06-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Ok, so here is the Diablo v1.2 button. This is going to be a quick tear down, showing you some important bits you need to know.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/yhezy7a9.jpg

First of all, we are going to unscrew the black insulator from the outer switch. Just apply some pressure to to the black insulator and twist it counter clockwise. It may take a few tries, but you'll get it. Here is the before:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/ude3emy4.jpg

Here is the during:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/sa5e8y9a.jpg

Here is the after:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/ruqy3y5y.jpg

Now, to take apart the black "upper button", all you do is push using a screw driver or other small implement against the gold contact on the bottom of the "upper button":
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/memuvy6y.jpg

And it will come apart like this: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/y2y4usup.jpg

Now to reassemble these pieces the order is very important. Start with the cup, the threaded black delrin piece. Into that put the flat gold plated brass piece, then the washer spring, then the top hat brass piece, then the black delrin "plug". Make sure the plug is firmly in place.

EDIT: I have tried it with the washer spring on the bottom of the top button assembly, and while it did still fire, the power was reduced (more voltage drop) IMHO. I didn't test this with a voltmeter, it just hit harder with the spring in between the brass pieces.

Next lets take the bottom button apart. Holding the pusher (the piece with the Diablo logo and the serial number engraved on it) unscrew the brass screw with a screw driver. BE CAREFUL REMOVING THE PUSHER ONCE THE BRASS SCREW IS OUT. The magnets in here almost explode out, and I have a feeling they're rather fragile. Once you get it apart, you'll have this:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/yjudunuv.jpg

You'll notice the magnets have a flat side and a inside beveled side. I believe this is to control how stiff the button is. If you reassemble with the beveled side facing each other, the tension seems weaker to me. I tried it both ways, and beveled side in felt best. It still stands on its own, but the button seems a lot smoother and doesn't stick anymore.

One thing you will notice if you look carefully is the machining marks on the side of the pusher. They look like a bunch of little ridges and are from the lathe they were machined on. I think this is what is sticking/binding on the buttons. Sanding or polishing these down will most likely solve the sticking issue all together. That said, I didn't do that, and after reassembling it my button seems a lot smoother.

To reassemble, simple follow these steps backwards.

Please remember to be careful when you take this button apart. The magnets will most likely break if the fall to the floor or snap together to hard.

Let me know if this helps anyone out, or what your findings are by posting here please!

Thanks guys!

Devon

You weren't kidding about how fragile the magnets are. :(

Kazzxtrismus
06-22-2013, 03:40 AM

Princess auto!.. They have the technology!

What do you mean I can't say that??.. It's the frkin Internet!

Nubbie
06-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Remember to play with the switch for a bit if you are planning to do the pulse method. Nothing screws it up more than the button sticking.

Jetalito
06-22-2013, 12:44 PM
What do you use to lubricate threads on all these nice mods? Will dielectric tune-up grease work. It's the only thing I could find. Says it's for light sockets, fuses and switches, electric connections. Says it protects electric connections, prevents voltage leakage, results in stronger spark, and maximum fire power.

Nubbie
06-22-2013, 01:00 PM
What do you use to lubricate threads on all these nice mods? Will dielectric tune-up grease work. It's the only thing I could find. Says it's for light sockets, fuses and switches, electric connections. Says it protects electric connections, prevents voltage leakage, results in stronger spark, and maximum fire power.

Thats what I use. Most people recommend it. Just remember you need just a little bit.

Vaper_Dave
06-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Remember to play with the switch for a bit if you are planning to do the pulse method. Nothing screws it up more than the button sticking.

Hahahaha yep! A few coils in it stopped sticking but I decided to tear it apart to make it better!

This is what happens when we make it better! LOL

I have a spring in mine that’s working fine till I find some replacement magnets.
I don’t remember seeing magnets with a hole at PA but I noticed Gixxxer saying on his FB page he was sending Dredd some spares! :-)

This is all minor shit to me. I can’t say enough about this thing! While it is my first Hybrid the vape is just phenomenal and it’s so easy to set up!
I unsatisfied with everything else I own!

Nubbie
06-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Well Dave, this thing is a beast, I have had a couple of hybrids and I'm still impressed.

Using Steel Rope and some mesh with ribbon wire. Clouds are coming out.

Nicklfire
06-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Crap I'm in a movie right now and dropped my Diablo and the glass tank broke :-(
You got spares for sale dredd

- shawn

dredd0606
06-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Crap I'm in a movie right now and dropped my Diablo and the glass tank broke :-(
You got spares for sale dredd

- shawn

Not yet, but I have some coming. If you wanted to grab a tank before, get them from ibtanked.com. The tank size is 22mm x 2.5mm x 30mm. They are under the "custom cut tubes" section.

Nubbie
06-23-2013, 03:54 PM
are you getting the ss tanks?

kingpin
06-23-2013, 08:00 PM

You can also get Naolox at Home Depot and Lowes.

Nubbie
06-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Well no idea what I did, but I completely dismantled the switch and put it back together. What a difference considering I didn't do anything.

Jetalito
06-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Finally got my diablo today, along with my Bagua's. Can't wait to try them all.

Hawley
06-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Flipped the magnet's as per Dredd's tutorial... gotta say, what an amazing difference... the magnet's should come like this standard... no more button stick at all, and way smoother press!

Jetalito
06-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Well, took my Diablo apart to inspect and lubricate, being very careful with magnets. Is it normal to have oxidization under the magnets. Got that cleaned up, but having problems with bottom switch. Turned magnets so bevelled sides face each other, lubed everything, put together. Worked the switch over a period of two hours. Binding and sticking. Forget pushing side of switch, won't fire at all. Took apart again, put back together. Still the same. Anyone else having these problems. Don't want to build wick and coil till I figure this out. Any suggestions. :ear:

Redux
06-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Mine was sticking when I got it so I pulled the whole switch apart. Then I cleaned all the part that move against each other with emery cloth (very fine sand paper on a cloth). Now it works like a dream. I will make a video this weekend if I have time.

Hawley
06-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Well, took my Diablo apart to inspect and lubricate, being very careful with magnets. Is it normal to have oxidization under the magnets. Got that cleaned up, but having problems with bottom switch. Turned magnets so bevelled sides face each other, lubed everything, put together. Worked the switch over a period of two hours. Binding and sticking. Forget pushing side of switch, won't fire at all. Took apart again, put back together. Still the same. Anyone else having these problems. Don't want to build wick and coil till I figure this out. Any suggestions. :ear:

Interesting, all I did was take a q-tip soaked in vodka and cleaned some of the shavings out of the threads, flipped the magnets and it's a very smooth button press now, no more binding and sticking for me. I took the entire switch apart and cleaned all the threads, (got some nice little micro cuts in my fingers to prove it lol) seems to be working like a dream. Anyone have any suggestions about the o-rings though? I took one off and keep the top one on and it seems to be a quick fix... just wish there were some tighter o-rings.

hammerhead
06-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Regarding the switch, mine seems to be working fine now after a few days of use, and a cleaning or two (simple wiping the parts down)

Jetalito
06-27-2013, 08:12 PM
I cleaned everything with alcohol, applied dialectic grease, flipped the magnets, still binding. Maybe I'll build my wick and coil, and use it for a few days,to see if it gets better. If not will try the emery cloth trick. Need to get this working the way it should. Thanks everyone.

dredd0606
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
I cleaned everything with alcohol, applied dialectic grease, flipped the magnets, still binding. Maybe I'll build my wick and coil, and use it for a few days,to see if it gets better. If not will try the emery cloth trick. Need to get this working the way it should. Thanks everyone.

The binding is not caused by the magnets or the post at all, it's caused by the ridges on the pusher. High grit sand paper or emery cloth is a good shortcut, but simply using it for a few days should break it in nicely. After 2-3 days, you may want to give it a wipe down though, your sure to have some small filings in the button, most likely stuck to the magnets.

Jetalito
06-27-2013, 09:03 PM
OK, just broke one of my magnets, after taking it apart for the forth time. Dredd, do you have any magnets for sale yet? I am in need of some. I think I need to buy several, but before I put it back together, I'm going to use an emery cloth on it. Gurrrr, I hate it when I do something stupid. :mmph:

dredd0606
06-27-2013, 09:27 PM
OK, just broke one of my magnets, after taking it apart for the forth time. Dredd, do you have any magnets for sale yet? I am in need of some. I think I need to buy several, but before I put it back together, I'm going to use an emery cloth on it. Gurrrr, I hate it when I do something stupid. :mmph:

They haven't come yet, but gixxxer sent me 20 or so. I think princess auto may have some as well, can anyone confirm this?

Vaper_Dave
06-27-2013, 09:32 PM
They haven't come yet, but gixxxer sent me 20 or so. I think princess auto may have some as well, can anyone confirm this?

I need to be on that list when they come in! :-)
Nothing with a hole Dredd… I was there on the weekend and online tonight.

Redux
06-28-2013, 06:18 AM
Lee valley tools has magnets with a hole

Jetalito
07-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Since I don't know if Lee Valley has proper size, will wait to get some from Dredd. Had some ihybrid with hole, but too big. Any sign of them Dredd . Emailed Diablo and he said to contact you

dredd0606
07-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Since I don't know if Lee Valley has proper size, will wait to get some from Dredd. Had some ihybrid with hole, but too big. Any sign of them Dredd . Emailed Diablo and he said to contact you

Yep, they came in today. Anyone whose broke please pm me. This round is free but you gotta pay shipping.

gixxxer
07-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Some pics about new finishing... Gold version are only available trough my shop but hopefully you can purchase the coated ones at Eonvape sometime soon :) There will be black, white, red and blue available.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99788444/black_hybrid.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99788444/hybrid24k.jpg

Fourtwozero
07-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Wow that black one!

Hawley
07-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh man... my wallet is starting to feel very heavy all of a sudden :)

Zippy
07-04-2013, 12:04 PM
if the button is ever fixed I might actually get one of the coloured ones..

gixxxer
07-04-2013, 12:07 PM
if the button is ever fixed I might actually get one of the coloured ones..

There have been already some changes made to the switch that should help to fix every issue that I have heard.

hammerhead
07-04-2013, 02:52 PM
There have been already some changes made to the switch that should help to fix every issue that I have heard.

After some use and a clean once or twice my switch is working great.... just takes some patience!

hammerhead
07-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I think I have a problem.... after getting my polished Diablo it were as if I had no choice but to get the media blasted one.... It arrived today.... I must say, they make one sexy couple! All my other vaping devices are becoming obsolete... Now, with other finishes coming out, I'm gonna be in severe trouble! Gixxer, Dredd- you guys are top notch in my books! Keep it up!

gixxxer
07-04-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm currently testing some springs in the switch to make it work better. And I think I have found the perfect spring for the switch. Still need to keep doing some testing but if these are going to work as I hope, the resistance on the switch will be much lighter than with magnets and the device can be still kept on table without locking and it doesn't fire.

After I'm done with the testing. I will send Dredd 100 springs so he can send them to you guys :)

Vaper_Dave
07-05-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm currently testing some springs in the switch to make it work better. And I think I have found the perfect spring for the switch. Still need to keep doing some testing but if these are going to work as I hope, the resistance on the switch will be much lighter than with magnets and the device can be still kept on table without locking and it doesn't fire.

After I'm done with the testing. I will send Dredd 100 springs so he can send them to you guys :)

Excellent news!
**EDIT**

dredd0606
07-05-2013, 09:09 AM

Great news gixxxer! I'm sure the springs will work out better than the magnets have!

gixxxer
07-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Just pasting this from my facebook page:

So more about the springs. Been vaping with the spring switch now for a day and it is just brilliant. One thing that causes problems with the latest batch is that the magnets kept the firing pin straight and when they are not inside there anymore, the button will move a bit sideways and can get stuck really easily. So I'm doing new inside parts for the latest batch. They should be ready sometime in August because the Machine shop is closed for the next two weeks. Also the new parts will be silver coated.

If you have purchased your unit from Local Vape or Eonvape.com, I will be sending these update kit's to them so you can go and pick them up from them. If you have bought it from my shop, you can get the update kit from me.

These will be free of charge to anyone who have bought the device from the latest batch.

Don't go asking them just yet. I will shout it when the parts are ready and shipped to resellers and when I have them in my hands so I can ship them to customers that have bought the device from my shop.

I hope that this will fix all the issues to some of you have had with the switch and I'm sorry about that.

Jetalito
07-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks Gixxxer, that's what you call great customer service.:applause:

hammerhead
07-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Once again I am blown away with everything about Diablo.... The product is fantastic, and now this to help out with the only issue the device had. Top notch product, top notch customer service from the manufacturer, and a top notch vendor- Eonvape. You guys all rock!

Nicklfire
07-08-2013, 03:09 PM
that's great cause i got so frustrated with my magnets i finally took them apart today.. and broke them.. (sigh)

Nubbie
07-08-2013, 07:43 PM
did you let them wack together? Just wondering how everyone is breaking them?

kingpin
07-09-2013, 06:53 AM
did you let them wack together? Just wondering how everyone is breaking them?

Exactly what happened to me. They were a couple inches apart maybe ant when they came together they were in a few pieces.

Nubbie
07-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Shit that sucks, glad to hear he has redesigned the button.

Jetalito
07-09-2013, 08:22 AM
One of mine broke, when I tried to pry them apart. They seem to be very brittle. Are all small magnets like that? I have some ihybrid magnets, that have not broke (so far), but have not really played with them much. On the positive side, my diablo looks like new, because I haven't used it. Tried to find a spring that would fit, but so far, no luck.:ohwell:
I know gixxxer is sending new parts, but it's driving me nuts. It's so nice looking, I want to use it. I must be patient....i must be patient....sigh....

Nicklfire
07-09-2013, 08:28 AM
I know... All its done is sit on my counter. I having some bad luck. My glass broke... Then i got glass the same day I broke a magnet.. When it happened i just looked down and sighed lol.

- shawn

dredd0606
07-09-2013, 08:31 AM
I had a customer tell me that he found a replacement spring at home depot. He took his button with him and tried a bunch until he found one that fit. He didn't tell me the size unfortunately.

All small magnets like these are ridiculously brittle, the ba gua ones break just as easily.

gixxxer
07-09-2013, 08:57 AM
If you are going to look for a spring. These should work:
OD max 9.9mm
Compressed size max 6mm (ones I'm using goes to 4mm)
Strength around 15fn.

I picked up a case of different springs from my local hardware store and tested different strength and sizes. That kit had about 200 springs and cost was 6 euros.

If you find a suitable spring, put some electricity tape around the saft of firing pin so it doesn't have much play sideways. You can test this by adding a bit of tape and try to move the button and if it gets stuck easily, just add more tape.

gixxxer
07-23-2013, 04:23 AM
Label Series:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99788444/blue1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99788444/blue2.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99788444/red1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99788444/red2.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99788444/white1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99788444/white2.jpg

hammerhead
08-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Any word on when the switch upgrade kits will be out here? Now that I've broken in my switches I don't think an 'upgrade' is really needed- both my Diablos are working great, with the exception of the magnet I managed to break.. :(

Jetalito
08-12-2013, 09:03 AM
I definately need an upgrade. Not usable.

ghostworld
08-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Mine sort of works okay, except once in a while it sticks... so now I'm paranoid and I turn the lock almost every time after pressing the switch lol.
I'll definitely need to fix mine, cuz it drives me insane.
Is there any tutorial how to take the switch apart? I have no clue.

Vaper_Dave
08-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Mine sort of works okay, except once in a while it sticks... so now I'm paranoid and I turn the lock almost every time after pressing the switch lol.
I'll definitely need to fix mine, cuz it drives me insane.
Is there any tutorial how to take the switch apart? I have no clue.

Yep go back to page 7 of this thread.

Dredd any news on the spring kits for this?

dredd0606
08-12-2013, 10:15 AM

Other than "sometime in Aug"? Nope.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

ghostworld
08-12-2013, 03:11 PM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I got my switch working great now! I'm loving the diablo now!!!

gixxxer
08-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Updates should be ready in next 2 weeks

hammerhead
08-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I got my switch working great now! I'm loving the diablo now!!!
Totally agreed! After some break in time, and a few cleanings, the Diablo switch is working flawlessly! Totally in love with this mod...

gixxxer
08-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Update kits will be shipped out this week for customers that own V1.2 Diablo Hybrid (serials between 221 and 570 and have the delrin casing in the button).

This is how you get your update:
- Send me an email to warranty(at)diablomods.net
- On the topic put "button update" and your unit serial number
- On the message put your name and shipping address

It doesn't matter if you have bought it from me, second hand or from one of my resellers. You are entitled to this free upgrade.

If you have any friends who have V1.2 Diablo Hybrid, please share this post so they can also get the update!

Vaper_Dave
08-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Excellent, Thanks Gixxer!
I do have a few friends with these so I’ll help spread the word!

Nicklfire
08-27-2013, 11:06 AM
thanks pal, sent a email

MarkLib
08-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Sent, thanks a lot Gixxxer!

Jetalito
09-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Got my update switch today. Took a few minutes to figure out how to replace with spring, but it's finally working. Got to build my coil now. Thanks gixxxer. Looking forward to getting this going.

ghostworld
09-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Got my update switch today. Took a few minutes to figure out how to replace with spring, but it's finally working. Got to build my coil now. Thanks gixxxer. Looking forward to getting this going.

I got mine in the mail today as well. I'm not going to use it yet since I did get my switch working fine. But I figured if something goes wrong I can use this to fix it later.

Nicklfire
09-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Anyone with instructions on how to replace spring, i had my parts taken apart weeks ago... now i forget how to put together with this new spring and stuff

Nubbie
09-10-2013, 02:49 PM
still waiting on mine :(

Nubbie
09-11-2013, 12:32 PM
came in today. All set, seems to be a lot more smooth.

Nubbie
09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Anyone with instructions on how to replace spring, i had my parts taken apart weeks ago... now i forget how to put together with this new spring and stuff

If you go back to page 6 or 7 of this thread you should see some instructions.

Nicklfire
09-11-2013, 01:27 PM
just messed around with the 3 parts that come with the spring, took me about 10 minutes to figure it out like a puzzel. Seems alot better.

MarkLib
09-11-2013, 02:09 PM
No parts my way yet. Did you guys get a confirmation from gixxxer after you emailed him? Or was the confirmation that the spring kit showed up in the mail?

Kubrick
09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
No confirmation, Mark. It just showed up in the mailbox (Mon. for me).

Nubbie
09-11-2013, 02:52 PM
mine hit today - email was sent late Sept 3rd, if that helps.

MarkLib
09-11-2013, 02:56 PM
My mailman sucks, I'll chalk it up to that. I'm sure I'll see it soon enough.

Jetalito
09-11-2013, 07:12 PM
My Diablo is useable now, but still is a little clicky, catches a little bit. Have to press almost in the middle of button, or it sticks a bit. Hoping it will loosen up with use. Definately not as free as the nemesis. That thing is amazing.
Think I will call my Diablo, Tempermental Tilly, and give her a good massage with some dielectric grease. Maybe she'll appreciate that, and quit being so ornery.
I didn't get confirmation from Gixxxer either. Just showed up in mailbox.

Nicklfire
09-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Jeeez... now my o rings are gone... they are too stretchy now and when i put the top cap on they get squished...guess they finally stretched out too much.

where can i get both the orings from the fastest... ?

dredd0606
09-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Jeeez... now my o rings are gone... they are too stretchy now and when i put the top cap on they get squished...guess they finally stretched out too much.

If you have a local paintball store, they may have exactly what you need.

Nicklfire
09-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I don't no. Do u have spares? I tried to order from gixxxer but he don't have a option for Canada in his shipping

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

ghostworld
09-13-2013, 08:53 PM

I had the same problem from the start. I took the top oring off and it's not bad anymore. And the top cap still stays on fine with just the bottom oring

dredd0606
09-13-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't no. Do u have spares? I tried to order from gixxxer but he don't have a option for Canada in his shipping

I don't have any spares, but there are lots of local stores that sell o-rings. Try home depot, or some hardware stores. Or any industrial supply store (woseley, bartel and Gibson, etc).

RollandOfGilead
09-13-2013, 08:56 PM
I just bought a bunch of orings at canadian tire. They had plenty of sizes available you should check the there.

Sent from my SGH-I747M

gixxxer
09-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Original size is 15mm x 1.5mm. You can also try 14mm x 1.5mm or 13mm x 1.5mm. They might stay on better.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Nicklfire
09-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Thx pal

Nubbie
09-14-2013, 08:32 AM
I just bought a bunch of orings at canadian tire. They had plenty of sizes available you should check the there.

Sent from my SGH-I747M

What section were you in?

Hawley
09-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Plumbing... I just had a hard time with the whole imperial to metric thing lol

-- And shit... screwed up... 5 bucks for 2 o-rings... and the non-metric measurement busted me up... lol The o-rings I got are even larger than the stock ones >.<

Jetalito
09-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Also, make sure they are food grade

>