PDA

View Full Version : How To Get US Netflix in Canada! (Epic Content)

danstheman
06-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I finally found a great way to watch US Netflix in Canada and thought I'd share it with you vapers :)

All you have to do is create an account on http://blockless.tv and follow the setup for your PC or Xbox, PS3, Wii, AppleTV, etc.. whatever you watch on... then just vape up, turn on Netflix and enjoy American Netflix!!!

Vapecouver
06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Spam spam spam spam. (sung to Monty Python's Spam song)

danstheman
06-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Spam spam spam spam. (sung to Monty Python's Spam song)

Oh I really didn't mean to spam!!! just trying to share something I think has value to canadians :) Although I do love that song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Monty Python ftw!

Dee
06-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Little off topic, but what the heck?

I found it easier to just manually change the DNS in my wifi settings. No need to create an account anywhere. I prefer it like that because the fewer people that know how to spam me, the better.

Nicklfire
06-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I use unblock us which is about 5$ a month. It allows you to obtain a usa ip address which tricks your Netflix account to think you are in the usa rather then Canada.

Canada approx 2500 movies on Netflix vs us 10000

- shawn

ghostworld
06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
I use unblock us which is about 5$ a month. It allows you to obtain a usa ip address which tricks your Netflix account to think you are in the usa rather then Canada.

Canada approx 2500 movies on Netflix vs us 10000

- shawn

I use this as well. You can also switch from Canada, to USA, to Ireland, to UK, and a few other countries netflix. It's cool to be able to switch around, since they all have some different things to watch.

Vapecouver
06-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Oh I really didn't mean to spam!!! just trying to share something I think has value to canadians :) Although I do love that song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Monty Python ftw!

Spam is just what it is. I'm in love with real spam but the digital spam is sometimes good and sometimes bad...like my humour. Yeah, Monty Python kicks arse.

rotormonkey
06-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Yep, I'm an unblock-us guy too. Great service. Hulu is nice to have around too :)

I don't even bother with cable/sat tv anymore. I'm 100% digital. I tell ya it sucks around here when the internet is down though.

SykoJoe
06-03-2013, 01:57 PM
I use a Torguard VPN. Also lets me hide my BitTorrent traffic.

Nubbie
06-03-2013, 03:38 PM
easier by far is just manually setting up the DNS as Dee has said. Takes about 30 seconds and your netflix is showing what ever country you want it too.

RollandOfGilead
06-03-2013, 03:48 PM
easier by far is just manually setting up the DNS as Dee has said. Takes about 30 seconds and your netflix is showing what ever country you want it too.

Not all of us are computer geeks ;) .. I wouldn't even know where to begin to do that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M

Dee
06-03-2013, 03:59 PM
`These instructions are for an Xbox, but it is going to be pretty similar for any device once you go to your connection settings

Ok from xbox main screen go to settings, in settings go to system, in system go to network settings, open your network, go to configure network, from there pick manual DNS - you are currently set to automatic, in the manual Edit DNS settings page open primary DNS Server and input 190.14.36.90 hit Done and go to secondary DNS server and enter 206.214.214.28 hit done there and then hit done on the Edit DNS settings page.

XBOX Live will immediately log you out. Go back to the main menu and log back into xbox live - you are now logged in as if your xbox is in the US and when you go into Netflix you will have the US menu. If it ever stops working just go back to configure network and go back to auto DNS instead of Manual - or go online to look for new DNS settings

tatt2edone
06-03-2013, 04:31 PM
`These instructions are for an Xbox, but it is going to be pretty similar for any device once you go to your connection settings

Nice post Dee, I have been using various DNS #'s for a long time as well....unblockus and the others do have vpn service and do have quite fast dns servers, but they charge a fee as mentioned previously...and let's face it FREE is always better than cheap!!! :biggrin-new:

NPGinWPG
06-03-2013, 06:19 PM
I'd love to find DNS settings to change it to UK Netflix.

thumperg
06-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks Dee! I've always wanted to try this, and tonight was the night!

Dee
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I'd love to find DNS settings to change it to UK Netflix.

Try using 2 of these 3 and see if they work

jester4
06-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Great post! Sick of my canadian Netflix content

thumperg
06-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Great post! Sick of my canadian Netflix content

Why is Canada so behind the times? But, it is a great place to live!

CehNehDeh
06-05-2013, 12:12 AM
For you Nerds out there (like me) - US Netflix - Search for Eureka (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796264/) (it's a series and you're a few seasons behind) - See you in a few weeks. Just sayin' ;)

And WHATEVER you do! Don't start watching LOST (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/) or you'll miss the entire summer!

lucv13
06-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Bah Netflix is another $8 per month - you're already paying for internet and if you go over your cap you end up with a surcharge - easy to do in Canada luckily I have a 300gb cap for $45 per month tax in and download pretty much anything I want to watch. Currently have over 5000 tv episodes on my HTPC (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=132851&page=2#post3171777)as well as a couple hundred movies. There are about 20-30 tv shows I download every Friday morning (well not now as it's end of season) so I stay pretty current - dumped cable a few years ago sure don't miss paying that $100 per month...

cymric
06-05-2013, 01:20 AM

I do not have a network per se. My cable is connected to my router and the router feeds the internet wirelessly to my computers and Nexus 7. My computers and my Nexus 7 send print jobs to my printers wirelessly through my router. I have a feeling that if I manually change the DNS on my computer that none of that routing will work because my router knows my DNS. I suppose I could reset the router, but to accept the new DNS, but then switching back and forth all of it would be a nightmare. Any suggestions?

CanadianCowbell
06-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Is netflix one of the things you need a gold xbox account for? I am just about to lose my cable tv (madly trying to clear out my DVR before it has to go back) and I would love to go the US netflix/hulu route.

Nubbie
06-05-2013, 11:44 AM
if your going through the xbox yes you will need it. I go through my samsung bluray player, it was only $80.

dragonfly
06-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Because my desktop is so close to where my TV is, I just have a long HDMI cable connecting them together. I use a wireless mouse and keyboard to navigate from the sofa when I use Netflix (with unblock-us) or online streaming.

Kubrick
06-05-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm also interested in an answer to cymric's question above. If the DNS is changed, what else on the home network (wired or wireless) might be impacted? Wireless connectivity to mobile devices or printers are a couple of examples off the top of my head. I access Netflix via a Roku media streamer so, if it only affected that device, I'd be fine. However, I also use the Roku to stream content from my HTPC, and I rely I that far more than on Netflix. Any impact to that functionality would be a no go.

Edina
06-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Both the Wii & iPhone that I access Netflix on had their DNS manually changed. On my computer using Google Chrome there is a plug in you can use to get the US Netflix without changing settings on your comp. google 'chrome us Netflix' or something similar to find it

moosiecakes
07-11-2013, 03:25 PM
I finally found a great way to watch US Netflix in Canada and thought I'd share it with you vapers :)

All you have to do is create an account on http://blockless.tv and follow the setup for your PC or Xbox, PS3, Wii, AppleTV, etc.. whatever you watch on... then just vape up, turn on Netflix and enjoy American Netflix!!!

Try Hola Unblocker for free.. Allows you to watch Most of the US Tv websites, and Some UK content. (and Netflix) ...

http://hola.org/

JuicyJay
07-11-2013, 06:58 PM
I use UnoTelly. Ridiculously easy setup on your router OR individual devices. A must have service! http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/

Nemesis
08-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Why is Canada so behind the times? But, it is a great place to live!

You can always thank a lawyer for that :)... not for Canada being a great place although they work on stopping that too.

starrlamia
08-01-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm also interested in an answer to cymric's question above. If the DNS is changed, what else on the home network (wired or wireless) might be impacted? Wireless connectivity to mobile devices or printers are a couple of examples off the top of my head. I access Netflix via a Roku media streamer so, if it only affected that device, I'd be fine. However, I also use the Roku to stream content from my HTPC, and I rely I that far more than on Netflix. Any impact to that functionality would be a no go.

i havent had any issues, all it does basically is tell the internet that you are located in X country... i have my laptop hooked up to my router and printer wirelessly and the DNS is american

neobendez
12-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Great ..Its definitely worth it. There are US Netflix that works WAY better, and this service is stable and doesn't slow you down. Works on HULU, Pandora, AMC etc. too!

struckus
12-13-2013, 04:52 PM
i havent had any issues, all it does basically is tell the internet that you are located in X country... i have my laptop hooked up to my router and printer wirelessly and the DNS is american

yeah absolutely no problems with my DNS changed on my router..all my phones, ipods, tablets, wii and xbox work flawlessly and access US netflix automatically..

neobendez
12-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Try this link http://www.howtogetamericannetflix.ca/. Everyone has that one friend, a person who is like a walking movie encyclopedia and always seems to be able to to recommend just the right movie, mainly because they have watched so many of them. I have a friend like that, Joe. It was him who first introduced me to Netflix, which I thought (at the time) was certainly one of his better recommendations.

>