PDA

View Full Version : Women having hard time switching

HellxBilly
05-25-2013, 11:42 PM
Vaping has been a huge succes for me, in quiting smoking. I have shared it with many friends and they have had the same to similar success. they have tried to spread this with there wives and girl friends with little success, maney complain it is to harsh even at the lowest nicotine levels. although they do use it. they seem to still continue to smoke as well, this frusterates the men, please share what has worked best for you.

HellxBilly
05-25-2013, 11:50 PM
I feel alot of this may just be smokers stubbornness, all they are really thinking when their partner presents it to them is; Your trying to take my cigarettes away, Ill quit when Im gd good and ready.

BananaBrianna
05-26-2013, 07:57 AM
This is what happened to me, happily smoking 1.5 packs per day while hubby quit is 1.5 pack per day habit and started vaping. I thought it was ridiculous and "whatever".
He finally talked me into trying it and I couldn't get my head around "quitting" as I LIKED smoking. I fell off the vaping wagon numerous times until finally I realized I was vaping after a cigarette to get the nasty taste out of my mouth. I realized on my own accord i was being ridiculous and now it's over 1 year cigarette free.

katmandu
05-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Vaping has been a huge succes for me, in quiting smoking. I have shared it with many friends and they have had the same to similar success. they have tried to spread this with there wives and girl friends with little success, maney complain it is to harsh even at the lowest nicotine levels. although they do use it. they seem to still continue to smoke as well, this frusterates the men, please share what has worked best for you.

Pressuring someone to do something may not be the wisest course. When one is a new vaper, the excitement and enthusiasm can make one be a little over zealous when it comes to wanting to convert everyone they know to vaping. Some are going to be more resistant than others when presented with all that vaping is. I have found that it is best to give people the information and then let them be for a while and lead by example. Sometimes just by seeing how well it is working WITHOUT being pressured to try it peaks their curiosity and willingness to try it. It may also be an aesthetic issue - some ladies like girlier looking e-cigs than others.

Vaping being too harsh? Hmmmm, going to need more information from you on that one. What gear are they using? What ejuice are they using? What nic levels are they using? Are they vaping with long slow draws or drawing on it like a cigarette? Are they drinking lots of water and staying hydrated? There are so many factors that come into play here.

People are going to smoke and vape. There is no rule saying that you can't or shouldn't. There are other addicting chemicals in a cigarette besides the nicotine that people may find hard to give up. Every cigarette not smoked is one less nail in the coffin - that's a good thing and is still to be celebrated.

Many many many women vape. Maybe they just need gear that's more girlie or perhaps some different flavors that they like or more information on how to use one. But, they don't need to be pressured into doing it.

starrlamia
05-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Good post Kat

cymric
05-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Good post Kat. Anyone have any statistics on what percentage of women smoke and what percentage of women vape?

katmandu
05-27-2013, 05:10 PM
cymric I don't know that anyone has ever asked. :biggrin-new:

Hawley
05-27-2013, 08:44 PM
As for the "harsh" thing I think I can shine a little light, as I have a buddy who won't switch either. He loves the flavours and thinks it's pretty cool. His mom vapes as well and he knows it works. The problem is though he coughs every time he takes a toot, and while it may have been the PG concentration, I noticed it when I first started vaping as well. Your lungs aren't used to inhaling vapour, especially if they're used to cigarette smoke. I found personally that I just got used to it after awhile. Even when I've upgraded devices or have a really fresh battery and coil, I still get the vape cough every now and then. It was incredibly noticeable going from the Blu ecig which has an incredibly tight draw to the V2Cig 808, which had a looser draw and provided more vapour. I got it again after making my first real good igo coil on a fresh bat. It takes a little bit of time to adapt, but as long as it's not a sensitivity to PG, you'll eventually adjust to it. As for the upgrading devices, think of the first time you smoked a cig, then maybe inhaled the wrong way on a cigar. Even more noticeable if you ever dabbled on different devices on the illegal side of the house.

There are obviously more factors that have to be looked at, however I've found that adjusting to inhaling vapour can potentially be a big turn off to a new vaper.

>