PDA

View Full Version : Addition of Moderators

Nicklfire
05-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Hello Folks,

Well up to this point i have been pretty busy with the forum and doing the majority of everything myself. I'm happy to say i finally got around to configuring the moderator permission and staff forum etc.

i'm happy and thankful that the following people have accepted my invitation to help join the staff and moderate the board. I will be asking a few more in the next day or so to join me as well. These are people who i have found to be very helpful, they have been neutral for the most part (that's a huge thing), they have been loyal and dedicated and have helped me in the past as well.

There duties are as follow below but not limited to:

- control spam posts that i cannot get to asap (still use the report button because i get a ton of emails letting me know if there is spam).
- close threads which maybe are not going down the right direction.
- helping with the complaints/suggestion subforum.
- help new users with any questions that arise.
- assist me and provide feedback on some major/minor changes to the forum in the future
- move threads to the proper section if placed wrongly to begin with
- represent what wacked out is about

Being a moderator is not a easy job, it pays nothing and you get bitched at by some people over time... but they are ESSENTIAL in a board running smoothly. I have always stood behind the mods i have chosen and never had a issue before so i hope my record still stays clean.

I have asked the following people to join me (so far)

Stucco Jedi - has been a great help to me from the very start, has always followed the unwritten rules, has been nuetral and VERY helpful to members. Overall a great guy willing to help out the community.

Mindfield - What else to say about this guy, no introduction is necessary. He's a god among reviewers and a GREAT addition to the staff. Very knowledgeable and willing to help anyone anywhere. He has put together a great vendor list that he constantly updates and shares with people. Who wouldnt want this guy on their team.

Dee- What is more to say about dee. She's a expert in her areas and a real self starter. Week after week i see her doing some project here or there so she was a very clear choice. She has been very dedicated to the forum and always offered to help out so i accept her offer to help me :) She will be a great addition and probably on here more then i am looking at her point count which are always helpful posts. She will be my number one spam guard :)

I will write more about the future moderators i hire in this thread, but for now please give a welcome to them.

ghostworld
05-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey congrats new moderators! :D You gots the power!!!

Switcher
05-21-2013, 05:39 PM
: welcome: Good choices :)

cymric
05-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Great choices!

DRPowell
05-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Congrats to the new moderators !

katmandu
05-21-2013, 05:53 PM
You couldn't have chosen better Nicklfire! Congratulations and good luck guys! :clap2:

Dee
05-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Dang, you guys all will make me blush

Sent from my treehouse using cans and string.

bk78
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Congrats guys and gal :)

Vapoury
05-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Grats guys!!! We truly couldn't hope for better moderators :thumb:

Vise
05-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Congrats to the new Sheriff's in town!

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk 2

Bidslayer
05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Good choices :)

struckus
05-21-2013, 06:39 PM
oh no..the fuzz! lol congrats guys

Mindfield
05-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks everyone, and thanks Nicklfire for bringing me on board. I promise to use the banhammer responsibly and fairly and only occasionally bop people on the head with it and then quickly hide behind the ficus. And woe betide the spammers. They shall be given no quarter and be sent to the infernal pits of tuna juice to stew for all eternity.

Vise
05-21-2013, 06:45 PM
I got into trouble the last time I did a "bop and run!" Just sayin'

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk 2

KanadianKat
05-21-2013, 07:26 PM
There's a new law in our wackedout town - and the Firey Nickle has chosen well!

Grats Stucco, Mindfield and Dee.

KanadianKat
05-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks everyone, and thanks Nicklfire for bringing me on board. I promise to use the banhammer responsibly and fairly and only occasionally bop people on the head with it and then quickly hide behind the ficus. And woe betide the spammers. They shall be given no quarter and be sent to the infernal pits of tuna juice to stew for all eternity.

Just don't create an eliquid out of that tuna juice.... ok... just sayin....

Mindfield
05-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Just don't create an eliquid out of that tuna juice.... ok... just sayin....

Mmm. Tuna Spam and Brimstone juice. Smoky, salty, and fishy, together at last.

Nubbie
05-21-2013, 07:57 PM
good choices, now time to get rid of all the spammers. Shits getting messy around here.

Dee
05-21-2013, 08:03 PM
good choices, now time to get rid of all the spammers. Shits getting messy around here.

Heh, with my insomnia, I should be able to get the sneaky nighttime ones, no problem :)

I won't sentence them to tuna juice though. just a lifetime of toe cramps. I'm merciful like that

Sent from my treehouse using cans and string.

Toronto_Mike
05-21-2013, 08:21 PM
No surprise to me with those picks. All great choices. Congrats to all.

IT_guy
05-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Good choices!

I did notice an increase in drama here the last little bit so here's hoping the addition of the moderators will keep us on the topic of this great hobby we all share.

Hawley
05-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Excellent Choices Nicklfire!! Grats to the new mod powers that be!

cc_blu
05-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Congrats to the new mods! Great choices!

BrianCig
05-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Great choice of who you picked to help you moderate the forum Nicklfire :)

WooT!! Dee my internet wife you are a moderator now :clap2: This is just to funny as I was chatting with her about a week ago over just this topic. She of course saying she couldn't do it and me saying yes she could. :tickled_pink:

Really it isn't that hard to be a moderator if you follow the forum posts and have a level and fair head on your shoulders.

Vapingstache
05-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Remember with great power comes great responsibility

lucv13
05-22-2013, 04:02 AM
Everybody likes Mods in this forum... Congrats :clap2:

BrianCig
05-22-2013, 04:09 AM
Nicklfire,

Any chance to change the wording for reporting a post from:

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

To something like:

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, double posts, threads needing to be closed, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

You should be able to search for the original line of text in all the files and replace it with a custom one that would work better. Right now it sort of warns people not to use the feature however I think the option is very good. A user by mistake makes a double post. They then can just click the little triangle to the left and report their own post so it can be deleted. For the moderators if they get a report to delete a post from the user who made the post with a simple comment like "Please delete as it is a double post" it takes but a few seconds to confirm it is true and delete the post.

Might as well put the new mods to work I figure :cheerful:

Also please consider letting the mods pick or give you a smiley they want named after them. On the backend of the software in the control panel it is easy to rename any smiley to anything you want. So you could have smilies named like this:

:Stucco Jedi:
:Mindfield:
: Dee:

Along with it being a bunch of fun the mods enjoy it also. Of course Dee will need to find a bunny tip smiley for her LOL

VapeMate.com
05-22-2013, 05:46 AM
YaY for the new Deputies!! :) - Good luck guys! Watch those OTHER vendors okay? I am the good one! LOL

RollandOfGilead
05-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Awesome... have definitely seen the need rising. Takes some of the pressure and time demands off Nicklfire.

Ok now that we have three new mods wielding their "Ban Hammers" we should start the betting. Who will be the first to swing said ban hammer at someone other than our sneaky spammers.

Sent from my SGH-I747M

Curly
05-22-2013, 06:26 AM
3 new mods, all with level heads and a sense of humour. Good choices and the time is here for them.

Vaper_Dave
05-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Excellent choices Nicklfire! Congratulations guys and Gal! :-)

Silverado55
05-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Hurrahh for new shinies! I mean mods! uhh.. I mean badass deputies ;):clap2:

ibenu
05-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Being a moderator is not a easy job, it pays nothing and you get bitched at by some people over time... but they are ESSENTIAL in a board running smoothly. I have always stood behind the mods i have chosen and never had a issue before so i hope my record still stays clean.

It's true, Nicklfire stands behind his mods - Congrats on the growing site N ! Just stopped cigarettes les than a week ago and first youtube video _Nicklfire, cracked me up to see you for this what can be addictive in procurement of supplies - Was already signing up when I saw you where Big Cheese round here and I wouldn't want the very first forum I joined since BCA to be run by anybody but you:)

Congrats all new Mods, I look forward to learning around here--

tinam
06-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Everybody likes Mods in this forum... Congrats :clap2:

hehehe yeah, this must be the only forum on the net with popular mods!

Congratulations to the new mods :)

Jetalito
06-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Congrats to new moderators

rotormonkey
06-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Just saw a couple more spams pop up, and sure enough before I could blink they were already gone. Just wanted to say you new mods are doing a bang up job! Thanks!

Mindfield
06-04-2013, 06:03 AM
Just saw a couple more spams pop up, and sure enough before I could blink they were already gone. Just wanted to say you new mods are doing a bang up job! Thanks!

Greasy spam stains don't stand a chance against new ultra-concentrated Spamtastik!

Vinnie_Twist
06-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Awesome team! congratz mods!!

kingpin
06-07-2013, 04:19 PM
You can"t moderate me!

Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

>