PDA

View Full Version : Locations of the Hosts.

kingpin
05-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Are all the hosts on Vapestrong in Western Canada?
These late shows are killing me.

:behindsofa:

:llama:

tatt2edone
05-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I think so....this shit is really screwing with my sleep...

kingpin
05-06-2013, 03:38 PM
I think so....this shit is really screwing with my sleep...

No Kidding. Tuesday - Sunday mornings I'm up at 5am to open the store and get ready.

katmandu
05-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Me too kingpin - I miss a lot of the shows because of the times they are on. And sometimes I start watching and fall asleep in the recliner! :couch2::sleep:

Switcher
05-06-2013, 04:13 PM
I know I have missed them for the last 2 weeks. Can't go to bed a 3am and expect to be up at 6 :(

NPGinWPG
05-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Way too late for me as well. Even on weekends I'm still in bed by 11 c.s.t. .

Vaper_Dave
05-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Ditto for me! I can’t do it anymore!
Caught one on Sunday aft… that was a nice change but I should have been outside painting the house! LOL

Switcher
05-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I believe it is high time that our host play to their audience :) ?

BrianCig
05-06-2013, 11:58 PM
We need a smaller country :eyebrows:

tatt2edone
05-07-2013, 04:09 AM
We need a smaller country :eyebrows:

Maybe we can convert the country to straight EST...I know that wouldn't work. The only other option os to have a show on our time? say 7pm EST?

Darkside Vaper
05-07-2013, 06:09 AM
As a host I do my shows around family and life commitments I wish I was able to cater to everyone but that is just not a reality. For those that I offend by this I am truly sorry but family first always. We as a network need more eastern hosts so we can balance the timing of shows better to be able to service you the viewer in a more Time Zone friendly manner. We as a team are actively working towards this goal!

rotormonkey
05-07-2013, 06:19 AM
What!? You as a host should be willing to bend to our every whim! Now I agree, you shouldn't just move the show earlier to cater to us folks out further east. That's not fair to the west-coasters. You should be doing two shows. One early one late. It's the only fair solution. Family schmamily! WE'RE what's important here. DO WHAT WE SAY! :P

We'll give you cookies! :)

kingpin
05-07-2013, 06:23 AM
What!? You as a host should be willing to bend to our every whim! Now I agree, you shouldn't just move the show earlier to cater to us folks out further east. That's not fair to the west-coasters. You should be doing two shows. One early one late. It's the only fair solution. Family schmamily! WE'RE what's important here. DO WHAT WE SAY! :P

We'll give you cookies! :)

and hookers and blow!

Kreegz
05-07-2013, 07:12 AM
And can't speak for all the hosts, I can only speak for me. I am in Western Canada, I am in the Mountain Time Zone. I am a father of 2, husband, employee, friend, online video game players, facebook addict vaper, and the end of that list is Vapestrong "Host".

Though I've only been doing it a few weeks, I love it. I did however have to change my start time/day as I realized that 2pm on a Sunday afternoon is prime "Spray Park" time with me kids in the summer months. So I moved my show to Tuesday nights after the kids go to bed. Now, I'm am NOT going to apologize to my vaping buddies in the east for the difference in time between us, much like I don't apologize to my online video game friends that can't play video games with me at the same time or for as long for these exact same reasons. We all have to balance life, viewers and hosts alike.

We (The hosts) do this out of passion, out of love for our hobby and our community. We are not being paid to do this, this is not a job, this is a hobby, something fun to do something we want to share with people. So we click the broadcast button when it fits into our lives. I cannot read tone of voice in people who have chimed in on this thread so it makes this a little difficult. The current Hosts should not be expected to cater to anyone but their lives and their families. If there is a void in early shows then I suggest some of you from the east step up to the plate and bridge the gap. If you are not willing to do that, you'll have to make due with what is available. Do we need Eastern Based hosts? It would seem so. It isn't hard to get a show on vapestrong (hell.. they let me in) Fire it up!

Kreegz

kingpin
05-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Alright so I guess our hosts are all from Western Canada! :rofl:

rotormonkey
05-07-2013, 07:46 AM
That's why the shows are all so late.

Honestly, don't take a word I say seriously. I know you guys have lives of your own, and in this case I'll permit it.

Kreegz
05-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks Roto, I'll be sure to let my wife know you approve ;)

katmandu
05-07-2013, 08:01 AM
I think we need a "tongue in cheek" emoticon. :biggrin-new:

Kreegz
05-07-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm still in development of the "sarcasm" font :)

tygertyger
05-07-2013, 09:13 AM
I'd love to start earlier as well, as I know it's difficult for our Eastern vapers to tune in at midnight or even 1am. However, that is the trouble with live evening broadcasts in a country that spans 5 time zones. As others have said, I plan my show around family, and living in the "last" time zone forces late starts for me.

As Program Director at VapeStrong, I'm passionate about scheduling fun and interesting programming to reach ALL our Canadian vapers, and Eastern-based hosts with earlier shows would definitely help! You are welcome to talk to me or any other host/mod at any time about joining the broadcast team. We have some evening time slots available, as well as mornings and afternoons for those interested. All new shows are approved by vote, and things move quickly! To discuss open time slots contact me on facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/tygervapes ) or Skype for the fastest response. I check messages here but less often.

Vape On. Vape Strong!

kingpin
05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
I'll do "The Nude Vaper" show right around dinner time.

But it's not my fault if I reach for the wrong mod.

:whoo:

katmandu
05-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Jeebus kingpin - that's what shut down Stickam. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :censored::frusty:

kingpin
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Jeebus kingpin - that's what shut down Stickam. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :censored::frusty:

Just trying to add a little levity to this thread.
I don't want people to get bent out of shape.
I appreciate all the shows and the work that goes in to them.
I was just curious if they were all Canuck and Oilers fans so I can send them some Leaf hats. :D

Kreegz
05-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I was just curious if they were all Canuck and Oilers fans so I can send them some Leaf hats. :D

I believe there are also some flames fans...

I'd love a leafs hat... I'm almost out of toilet paper.

kingpin
05-07-2013, 10:37 AM
:twitch::twitch::twitch:

dragonfly
05-07-2013, 10:52 AM

At this point, I'd root for Toronto if it came down to it.

Smokeater
05-07-2013, 04:38 PM
So, first I have to start by saying that I would much rather light my hair on fire, and run through the streets naked and burning, than touch anything Leafs...
That being said most of what I wanted to say has been said. Not only am I unable to change my showtime to an earlier slot, but I am also unwilling. Call me unreasonable, but that is just the way it is.
The Easterners need to fill those time slots, sadly because of the time difference, I wont be able to catch many of those shows, and I am sure that most Westerners are in a position that will cause them to miss the broadcasts from the East.
My ramble is complete...I think.
Vape Long, Vape Strong!!

Oh and GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

kingpin
05-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh and GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

Now that right there is funny! :D

Smokeater
05-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Now that right there is funny! :D

I knew that I was leaving myself open to comment with that...But still better than being a Leafs fan.

CRobinso
05-07-2013, 07:02 PM
My two pence, I am in Quebec(EST) but my time slot is the only one that works for me. With Amber not home, my schedule is tight. So...yeah that don't seem likely to change at this point.

BlaineCAVR
05-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Well after reading this thread and being in EST myself I can understand both sides of the coin here.

I have decided that starting next week I will do my show an hour earlier for 9 pm EST (6 PST) so that folks from the east can tune in a little easier. The fact is I am the only host who can change the slot, but I am going to go ahead with it and until another host joins up for thursdays I will be going into overtime to fill the rest of the slot.

Trust me folks, the Vape Strong team work tirelessly and selflessly to put on quality shows for every single one of you! I just have a better schedule to play with and have no familial constraints for the time being.

Hope to see all you EST folks there next week!

>