PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Posts / SpamBots

Nicklfire
12-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Hello All,

As we become more indexed in the search engine we will start getting more and more spam attempts. From the first day i already put safeguards into place and to date we probably have had over 300 attempts to register fake accounts. I have a specifically great plugin that has proven to be great at dealing with them but the odd one does get through unfortunately.

I will be adding a second layer of security to try and limit as many spam related posts as possible but in the event i cannot or they get past my layers of security please use the Report Post option below any post. It's a little icon which looks like a caution sign (triangle) , just click that type in spam and i'll be email a report.

Please limit your reported posts from Cmac as i know most of his stuff can be read as spam. :)

Stinky Canuck
12-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Hahahahaha ha good one :D

Nicklfire
12-20-2012, 08:10 AM
I have installed another spambot software that will monitor new users signing up as well as the first couple of posts they make. The software looks at many variables including the email address and ip address and if they match a central spamming database they will be denied. If you feel this was in error or received such a message please contact us via the contact us page. http://www.wackedoutecig.ca/sendmessage.php .

If you have any other issues or error messages please let us know.

>