PDA

View Full Version : Simple IPV4 Review

kr1sper
06-20-2015, 08:58 AM
Well just picked up an IPV4 from my local B&M store. I have to say its one hell of a device. I am using a SMOK TCT tank with it and it rocks. I don't know why people say it feels cheap. It is a solid device. Battery life has been phenomenal. I have tried 3 different juices in it and have been hitting flavor notes that I haven't tasted before. For a 100$ temp controlled device this is worth every penny. I haven't made any coil builds yet but that will be sometime today or tomorrow. The SMOK tank comes with an extra glass tube and 2 coils. The one thing that sucks is the price of the coils.. 5 for 25$ (at my B&M). Well that is my rant!

Nicklfire
06-29-2015, 09:48 PM
I have heard alot of great things about it as well, thanks for the post that's great to hear :)

bubbaBREEZY
06-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Does your B&M have a website online? Been trying to find a shop that carries the TCT tank in Canada. Thanks buddy!

kr1sper
07-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Its actually the SMOK Gimlet still nickle coil tho. Yes they do: LifestylE Cig Inc. is a local Edmonton electronic cigarette/vape and ejuice supplier providing a vaping alternative to smoking traditional cigarettes (http://www.lifestylecig.com/) I didn't see the tank on there but give them a call they have it in store.

anxdiety
07-02-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm holding off on the IPV4 as there's a new revision that is due very soon. I've seen some issues with the charging board that can cause it to catch fire and vent batteries. A lot of folks are removing it due to this. Also keep an eye on your batteries as part of the cause is that the device is draining one battery more than the other.

kr1sper
07-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Well I haven't ever used the charging port and don't think I ever would. These batteries are to volatile to mess around with. Buy yourself a decent charger.

bubbaBREEZY
07-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Thanks kr1sper!

I actually just found a bundle deal for a new fixed screen IPV4 (Black or Silver) + The SMOK TCT tank = $159.99. What do you guys think of that price? They are asking for 49.99$ for the tank alone which is IMO kinda of expensive and the IPV4 goes for 129.99$.

IPV4 + Smok TCT Temperature Control *Bundle* - VapeXport (http://www.vapexport.com/products/ipv4-smok-tct-tempearture-control-bundle/)

kr1sper
07-02-2015, 07:20 PM
I got my IPV4 from my local b&m for 109.99 and the smok gimlet for 29.99. so its not an unreasonable price. Did you pick up some batteries and a good charger?

kr1sper
07-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks kr1sper!

I actually just found a bundle deal for a new fixed screen IPV4 (Black or Silver) + The SMOK TCT tank = $159.99. What do you guys think of that price? They are asking for 49.99$ for the tank alone which is IMO kinda of expensive and the IPV4 goes for 129.99$.

IPV4 + Smok TCT Temperature Control *Bundle* - VapeXport (http://www.vapexport.com/products/ipv4-smok-tct-tempearture-control-bundle/)

Hey bubbaBREEZY, lmk how the tct works out for you. I was interested in one of those too but my store doesn't carry it

anxdiety
07-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Well I haven't ever used the charging port and don't think I ever would. These batteries are to volatile to mess around with. Buy yourself a decent charger.

It's not a matter of not using the charging port. I fully agree on using a separate charger.

The issue is the balance board inside. It's not protected well enough and has shorted inside the mod itself for some. It also doesn't always work correctly and has caused some batteries in use to drain at largely different rates. Where one battery may drain to 2 volts and the other to 3.1 volts.

There is a new revision of the IPV4 coming out in the IPV4s with the useless charge board removed on the way.

cramer
08-18-2015, 07:09 AM
It's not a matter of not using the charging port. I fully agree on using a separate charger.

The issue is the balance board inside. It's not protected well enough and has shorted inside the mod itself for some. It also doesn't always work correctly and has caused some batteries in use to drain at largely different rates. Where one battery may drain to 2 volts and the other to 3.1 volts.

There is a new revision of the IPV4 coming out in the IPV4s with the useless charge board removed on the way.

I had ordered an IPV4(100 watt) from Canvape in May for $85 (can.). Fairly soon after I polished out a portion of the mirror screen so I could see the oled.
After fixing the screen I was very happy with the mod but I couldn't stop tinkering, I removed the charging board and sealed the ports after watching a u-tube video, although I cut the wires tight to the solder bump on the main board rather than taping off the cut wires, as the video author did.
Just recently I downloaded and installed the new update which essentially has given me a new Mod to play with.
My IPV4 now goes up to 120 watts and has a Ti function with up to 100 joules.
I have been using it hard for two weeks and couldn't be happier with the performance so far.

>