PDA

View Full Version : Sisters...I need your help!

Count Vape-ula
03-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Sorry to crash into the ladies section..one question and I'll take my hairy self right out of here I promise. I'm trying to encourage my wife to try vape-ing. I've been off the stinkies for two weeks now and I feel fantastic. My wife is still smoking a pack a day...she is not the least bit interested in trying vape-ing...AT ALL. she won't even take a puff off my Ego. Any hints to make it more appealing to a sister? I really want the both of us to grow old together. She hacks and coughs like crazy...constantly clearing her throat. Her mom even died from emphysema due to smoking...what can I do? :help:

KanadianKat
03-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Hey Count Vape-ula - just keep on vaping.

It is a choice - so hopefully one she'll make. The longer she sees you doing it successfully, the more interested she may become.

My personal curiosity was only peaked when one guy in my family took a vape off a new eliquid and went... mmm... that tastes great! That was it for me. Wanted to try it right away - just to try. And that was back in the days before there were so many amazing flavor choices. :0

Haze
03-03-2013, 02:05 PM
My husband doesn't smoke at all, but when I try a new flavour and rave about it, like razzleberry from jughead, and pineapple pusher from juicy clear ... He had to try it. Now he asks what I'm vaping and takes a puff if it smells good.

She has to make the decision, the more you push her, the less likely she'll swap over out of spite. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Count Vape-ula
03-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Thank you KK, and Haze you rock. I just love that gal to pieces...want to keep her forever...and now...I can smell the cigs on her really hardcore. Your advice is awesome and much appreciated my sisters.:peaceful:

tinam
03-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Hey Count Vape-ula - just keep on vaping.

It is a choice - so hopefully one she'll make. The longer she sees you doing it successfully, the more interested she may become.

yeah, what Kat said. No one ever quit because of nagging :)

It took me about 2 years of seeing other people vape before I was willing to try because I just didn't believe it could work for me. And the last thing I wanted to do was try and fail. You showing her that it can work may very well bring her around - when she's ready!

Count Vape-ula
03-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Thank you Tinam...I'll do just that...be successful and hopefully she will want to try it.:peaceful:

Dee
03-03-2013, 02:11 PM
She may be digging her heels in if she feels pressure to try. Just make it look as awesomely enjoyable as possible. If she has a favorite fruit/dessert/whatever, maybe "happen" to find some from a vendor and then mention how tasty it is when you vape it.

katmandu
03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Both of the ladies above have given you good advice - don't push. Given time she may come around - or not.

If she's a girlie girl maybe surf a few sites with some smaller cig-a-like e-cigs, cool drip tips or tank charms. Don't say they are for her, but ask for her opinion. Maybe if she sees what else is available to her instead of just a plain ego, it may help to peak her interest.

Mandi
03-03-2013, 02:37 PM
as others above have said nagging her may push her away more, she has to want to do it for herself. This might be a little mean, but you could go out, where you are inside for an extended period of time on a cold day, when she has to go outside to smoke, don't go with her and show her how much more convenient it is to vape inside. There are some really girly ego batteries too that you can "happen to stumble upon" and say something like "damn, this is way too girly for me, what do you think?" lol cheesy I know, but it might work.

Jacq
03-03-2013, 03:38 PM
I agree with the others. Lead by example. Eventually when you're off the stinkies for good and forever, hopefully she'll see the positive change in you and want it for herself.

Now, maybe no one ever quit from nagging, but I switched to ecigs because my partner (a non-smoker) would often lament the fact I was going to die early. My jokes that "I'm just closing the gap between our lifespans" (he's older than me) were just met with sad looks. I was a happy smoker, I quit/switched for him, and now I'm a happy vaper. :)

But, man, some people will just never get into it. I've spent so much $$$ on kit and juice and everything for my sister, and she just don't care to keep with it. The only way I could see her quitting totally is if I did ALLL the work, and just handed her fresh batteries and filled tanks all day. Too bad too. She's 3 years older than me and looks about 10 years older :/

Spooner
03-03-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm going to have to agree with what the other ladies have said. No one will be able to switch unless they're ready to.

That being said, my boyfriend was convinced I was wasting my money trying out e-cigs. He 'tried so many of them at work and they all suck and make you cough. It's more expensive than smoking' Well, I bought one anyway and the first few nights he automatically cut down on his smoking and was vaping with me, even though the juice I got had no nic in it.

That was 2 weeks ago. Today, I purchased one for him, at his request. I haven't fully quit yet and it'll take him a while to completely switch, but it will happen when the time is right.

Enjoy your vaping experience. Your wife will see the changes you're making. Let her get curious and try it in her own time. Leave it laying around, find some juices that smell amazing when you vape them. She'll come around eventually.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Count Vape-ula
03-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Thank you so much ladies. I will definitely take all of your wonderful advice and not get over-zealous. I know she'll love it once she tries it, but I also know that all of you are right in that it has to be HER decision. However, the little sneaky tactics you have provided ( vaping sweet smelling juice, leaving it out where she can find it, comments on yumminess, purchasing extra gear that might just happen to be girlie) are BRILLIANT!!! Thanks again for being so helpful,,,and for not beating me with shoes for invading your section...lol. I'll keep you posted. Again...thank you. :peaceful:

Spooner
03-04-2013, 05:11 AM
It really would be a shame if a vendor accidentally sent you a super girly PV. :wink:

Auld Wan
03-04-2013, 11:14 AM
A pack a day, coughing and hacking? Count I'm wondering how her health is? Has she had a checkup lately? I HAD to quit smoking for my health and that's why I started vaping. Like your wife, I loved my smokes and had no intention of quitting, but when faced with my mortality, I sure took my Doctor seriously. Maybe if she heard it from her Doctor, she might change her mind about vaping...?

By the way since I quit, my health has improved dramatically.

dragonfly
03-04-2013, 11:32 AM
I hope she makes the leap, but for quitting smoking, that it's something you have to do for yourself when the timing is right. However, having a cute setup with good flavours is a wonderful way to entice her.

Vapoury
03-04-2013, 12:48 PM
There's a lot of great replies here, I don't have much to add but bottom line is, it has to be her decision. The way it happened with me was when I asked a friend of mine what she was smoking and replied "I'm not smoking, I'm vaping gummi bears". I was hooked after the first taste and immediately made my first PV and juices order, haven't looked back since :)

SoUnique
03-05-2013, 08:42 AM
I have to agree with all the advice, it's bang on. When & it she's ready, she'll try it. If she's anything like me, and is constantly pressured to switch, she won't.

If you two are ever in a situation where she can't smoke for quite awhile, and is having a nic fit :frusty: offer her a "drag" from your e-cig. She may just like it.

The Stash
03-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Odd I hadn't seen this earlier...

Anyhoo, my technique wasn't much of one really. The first few days I remarked a lot about how much better I felt, how much better they tasted, and pointed out how I hadn't had a single cigarette in "X" days. After the first week of this I flat out said I would stop talking about it, and I did. 2 months later she was interested enough to try them for a week, rest is history. No matter what you say: in the end it's up to the individual to try/switch. Chances are that the more you push the more resistance you'll face.

Stinky Canuck
03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
One of the things I told myself when I started vaping was that I wasn't quitting. I was simply choosing a better alternative. The thought of quitting freaked me out big time. Maybe she's thinking along the same lines.

Stinky Canuck
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Let's face it. People smoke because of the nicotine. Nothing else. She's afraid of not having her nic.

katmandu
03-05-2013, 01:04 PM
One of the things I told myself when I started vaping was that I wasn't quitting. I was simply choosing a better alternative. The thought of quitting freaked me out big time. Maybe she's thinking along the same lines.

Not to hijack the thread :plane: - but I did the same thing. Every other time I put so much pressure on myself to quit I just couldn't do it. When I started vaping I told myself that I could still have a cigarette whenever I wanted, and it worked!

Jacq
03-05-2013, 03:23 PM
^ Agreed.

Though for me, part of it was the fear of failure and defeat that would come when I "cheated." When I first started getting into vaping, the fact that there seemed to be this huge network and support system online that didn't fuss about "quit dates" really helped me take the plunge. Thinking of the hundreds of cigarettes I wasn't smoking was much better, psychologically, than lamenting the few I did smoke.

Count Vape-ula
03-07-2013, 09:11 PM
AH!!! thank you ladies! And for the comment on waiting till she had a nic fit and offering her a puff off my ego...IT WORKED!! I had just filled a rebuilt clearo with some berry cream blast yesterday, was commenting on how yummy it was ( thanks for that one sisters!!!), and because she didn't want to go outside and puff...I offered and she tried it....and she loved it!!!!!!!!! She's been following me around asking for puffs since last night. We went up to the vape store closest to us today and I showed her some of their girly models in the case, ...I didn't even know one could score an 1100mah that was so tiny, and there's a ton of design options, I even want one of the snakeskin ones myself!!!!!...But alas...on payday..( next Thursday).we're picking up her kit!!!!! I'll keep you all posted, and thanks for all your advice and thoughts!!!:clap2:

I'm making my first vapemail order also...from Fuzion because I want extreme fruitage, and that seems to be what she likes too!! Can't wait!!! YAAAAAY! :dance:

Count Vape-ula
03-07-2013, 09:17 PM
A pack a day, coughing and hacking? Count I'm wondering how her health is? Has she had a checkup lately? I HAD to quit smoking for my health and that's why I started vaping. Like your wife, I loved my smokes and had no intention of quitting, but when faced with my mortality, I sure took my Doctor seriously. Maybe if she heard it from her Doctor, she might change her mind about vaping...?

By the way since I quit, my health has improved dramatically.

I'm worried about the same thing...we've talked it about it some tonight now that she sees vaping is not a gimmick and that it actually works for nic cravings. I'm encouraging a check-up for her as well ( I'm going to get one too)..and I really am looking forward to not hearing that cough that tears my heart in two every morning. Vape-ing ROCKS!! :biggrin-new:

Dee
03-07-2013, 09:17 PM
That's awesome news! Wooo-hooooo!

Haze
03-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Fantastic! Got my fingers crossed for the two of ya!

Auld Wan
03-08-2013, 05:10 AM
That's great news Count. How could she not love it :D. Glad to hear that she's going for a check up too. Yay, this is a good news day!!

Spooner
03-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Amazing news!

And that cough, I had/have it.. it's been a hell of a lot better these past two weeks. :) So excited for you guys

Count Vape-ula
03-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Tomorrow is the big day sisters! I'll post back after we've got her new set up and let you know how it's going!:clap2:

tinam
03-14-2013, 12:21 AM
wonderful news! I hope it all goes well!

Count Vape-ula
03-14-2013, 12:26 AM
wonderful news! I hope it all goes well!

Thanks T! I'm more excited than she is I think...ROFL!!!!

Hawley
03-14-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm excited for you guys too!! Make sure you take lots of pics :) Awesome thread by the way... lots of awesome advice! I'm glad my wife doesn't smoke, so she doesn't have a need to vape. I've been away from home since 13 Feb and she's said she's stolen a few puffs of an 808 I have hanging on a lanyard by our bed, just to smell the vapour since it reminds her of me :)

Count Vape-ula
03-14-2013, 01:17 AM
I'm excited for you guys too!! Make sure you take lots of pics :) Awesome thread by the way... lots of awesome advice! I'm glad my wife doesn't smoke, so she doesn't have a need to vape. I've been away from home since 13 Feb and she's said she's stolen a few puffs of an 808 I have hanging on a lanyard by our bed, just to smell the vapour since it reminds her of me :)

Thanks so much my friend! And kudos indeed to your wife for not smoking! That's romantic about her stealing the little vapes to think of you. You could set her up with a little girlie ego and a no-nic version for when you have work trips! And I concur brother, these sisters indeed know their stuff, they were spot on no joke! I thank them all for turning a simple question into an awesome informative thread indeed! I'll certainly dish out the skinny on tomorrow's vaporous acquisitions!..lol :playful:

SoUnique
03-14-2013, 05:56 AM
Oh Count, I'm so happy your wife's ready to do the switch. It brings a tear to my my reading about how concerned you are about her health.

I bet she'll end up being a great vaping advocate, because she was a hard sell on them, then realized how wonderful they work.

I :love_heart: happy endings.

A word of advice, if you don't mind; give her the time she needs to do the complete switch. It took me at least 6 weeks to give up my final couple daily smokes.

Mandi
03-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Awesome news, I'm so glad we could help.
I agree with the above poster... she may still want to have that one smoke a day, it may be the morning smoke, or the smoke after dinner. Don't push her, the switch will come naturally as it did for so many others, myself included.
My friend who started vaping with me is still having her morning smoke, but she's down from a pack a day to one. So it is helping her and she's making the transition in her own time.
All the best to you both.

Auld Wan
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Woo Hoo success :clap2: That's grrrrreat news Count. She won't know herself in a month!

KanadianKat
03-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Great news Count!

Now the 2 of you can have some fun with flavors :)

It'll be like going to a gourmet buffet and tasting a bit of everything together. When you're both braver, you could score a bottle of crab juice - just for the giggles (watch each other pull weird faces - cause it's REALLY bad stuff ).

K

Count Vape-ula
03-15-2013, 01:57 PM
To my awesome beautiful Wacked Out Sisters! Thank you all!!!! We were a day late because I was stuck at home yesterday with a bad tummy...but we spent the evening at the computer researching together. It was fun! So just an hour ago we visited Vapin' In The Cape. I let her decide everything without any interference. My only criteria was that she picks something she likes, that she would be happy to be seen wearing...using...not something that she's going to want to hide. After we got there she asked about my twists, knowing that I love them so dearly she asked if they had those in any girlie colors. I was jumping right on that one. I'd just assumed that she wouldn't want twists...that she'd want one of those k$Q pass-throughs that EVERYONE around here seems to be getting....I don't like them...lol, but if she wanted one...she would certainly have it. They fizzle out too easily IMO. So I explained the whole premise of my twists...that they allow for warmer puffs and such. She commented that she liked the warmth of my vapor, but that the draw was too intense. I explained that , of course, it was due to my high nic level. So we ended up with 2 pink 650mah ego twist batteries, 2 iclear 16 clearos, a pink ego case, a pink ego lanyard, charger, and 15ml of 18mg key lime juice. I'm so proud of her. She had me put it all together at the store, assemble her ego to use, then put the extra parts into her case...then she got applause from some store employees as she took her first puff of key lime, on her new Ego Twist set at 4 volts, through her most groovy iclear clearo. Then I got to put together the black viv-nova setup she then bought for me...as a happy 1 month present. She walked out of the store wearing her PV proudly...chatting me up and puffing away as we drove home. She really loves the key lime! She said that she'd still like to have a smoke every so often when she needs...and as you sisters also said..and I agree...I'm going to leave her alone on that one...every cig she doesn't smoke is a victory. So that's the update! I'll try to get some pics within the next couple days of us with our groovy gear, to add to this awesome thread indeed! ( you sisters made it awesome!!!! thank you all!!!) YAAAAAAY!!!!!:clap2::dance::clap2:

SoUnique
03-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Pictures for sure. I'm so happy for you both. :cheer2:

katmandu
03-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Yay Count! I am very very happy for both you and your wife. It's amazing what the power of love can pull off! :love_heart::love:

It's great that she got herself some girlie gear and a decent setup to start her vaping! :whoo:

It's also good that she picked pink - now you can't steal her batteries! :laugh:

And if she still has a smoke here and there - hey no pressure - every cigarette she doesn't smoke is a victory and I think she'll find as time goes on that she will want one less and less.

Give her a hug for me and let her know that I think she's great for giving vaping a chance!

Count Vape-ula
03-16-2013, 12:46 AM
AWWWW! You ladies are so awesome! And KatM, I did indeed hug her for you and offered yours and everyone's congratulations here!:cheer2: I told her that now she's Mrs. Count...lol...She has had only 3 analogs since we picked up her gear yesterday afternoon ( I say that because it's almost 5am here in Fl now...lol) I just got home from a gig on Captiva Island, and she woke up and had a vape with me. She says that she loves being able to lay in bed and puff while she watches CSI...lol. And you know...those little pink batteries are sexay!...I might get myself one just to be supportive...:eyebrows:*cough*. Much love sisters, thanks for helping me make this happen! :triumphant: I'll keep you posted on her progress for sure.

Italian48Vaper
05-02-2013, 05:28 PM
:)
Sorry to crash into the ladies section..one question and I'll take my hairy self right out of here I promise. I'm trying to encourage my wife to try vape-ing. I've been off the stinkies for two weeks now and I feel fantastic. My wife is still smoking a pack a day...she is not the least bit interested in trying vape-ing...AT ALL. she won't even take a puff off my Ego. Any hints to make it more appealing to a sister? I really want the both of us to grow old together. She hacks and coughs like crazy...constantly clearing her throat. Her mom even died from emphysema due to smoking...what can I do? :help:
Hi,
We started vaping 2/6/12. Tom was in and out of hospitals and a nursing home. He was gone for almost five months. When he got home he had picked up smoking, again. He is rolling some cigarettes, as I type. He has the MVP and a few other things. It will happen, for him, when he is ready. I believe that hold true for your wife. He looked at the assortment of flavors at ONE of my favorite venders last night. That may help, it may not. I am optimistically hopeful. Good luck.

Italian48Vaper
05-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Congrats. Hope all is well.

samreddevilz
05-14-2013, 01:40 AM
I think your love is the best solution.You please keep trying to understand her how much u love her.If she gets it, then she must try to follow your path.If i go wrong sorry.Thanks.

>