PDA

View Full Version : MVP 3.0 First Impressions

JoeyRedShirt
04-17-2015, 08:38 AM
After a rather frustrating start to the year, it was finally in the budget to upgrade my old MVP 1.5...So far, I'm impressed!

The 3.0 is noticeably bigger than the 1.5/2/20W, but that doesn't bother me since I'm 6'5" with hands sized to match. Currently vaping at about 18W (Nautilus, stock head), which is a bit higher than what the 1.5 was able to hit, and I'm really liking getting the warmth I used to enjoy from a top coil out of a bottom coil atty.

Gave it a try at 30W, had an awful dry hit (yeah, I really should have known better), then turned it back down to a more reasonable 18W. I might try that 30W setting again later with a dripper, but I doubt I'll be anywhere close to the max output for most of my day-to-day vaping.

One thing that kinda surprised me was the build quality. It somehow feels even more sturdy than the 1.5! (though, I also haven't dropped it...yet) I was a little worried about the quality of the built in cable for charging other devices, but it seems well protected, and as durable as one could hope from a rubber insulated wire (it's replaceable and not going to get tons of use anyway!).

It also looks quite handsome in blue!

Is the MVP 3.0 for everyone? Hells no! You won't like it if you want something small and/or more powerful. Is the MVP 3.0 a solid, quality piece? If my first 24 hours are any indication, yes!

Should you buy the MVP 3.0 over an iStick? Only you can make that decision. Would I buy the MVP 3.0 over an iStick again? In an instant!

I'm quite happy with my new toy, but I will say, categorically, it's not the mod for everyone.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled iStick praise.

Canada e-Juice
04-17-2015, 08:42 AM
I 100% agree with you. I am currently using the MVP 3.0 in Pink with a Subtank Nano 1.2ohm coil at 25.5 watts. I've loved the MVP's from the beginning and they have definitely stepped up the game with the 3.0
There built to last, which is what i love about it as i have a tendency to knock mine over..

Rob (Doc)
04-18-2015, 07:06 PM
I used many different mods but have fallen for my istick 50W. With the long life battery (4400Mah) and range of power it's a keeper 3. Compact little thing too. But happy you found your favorite.

JoeyRedShirt
04-20-2015, 05:46 AM
UPDATE: With my vape pace/style, I still don't know if the charging circuit works! It's now Monday, this has been the only device I've used since Thursday evening, and the battery indicator is still showing 3 bars.

I'm also starting to get the impression that the VTR market was on Innokin's minds with this one. It's like the VTR and old MVP had a love child, but it was raised by the MVP, so took its name. So, if you once gave a VTR at least a passing glance, you might want to take a look at the MVP 3.0.

I'd also love to see one of these apart. I'm not gonna do it with mine, 'cause it's not in the vape budget to replace it if I really break something (otherwise I'd have ordered two and the pics would be up already), but it would be cool to see how the space is used.

>