PDA

View Full Version : Is evolv done?

Jaytheredneck1
04-15-2015, 05:18 PM
I was just searching today to see if Evolv was planning to release a higher wattage mod chip, being that with 40W being their limit, which is falling well behind the industry, their only claim to fame over others now had been temp control. And then I stumbled onto vaporjoes, which I hadn't visited in some time and found that Yihi is releasing a temp control software update for it's upgradable chips. Namely what I found out was that P4U is distributing the update for the 100W IPV4, which can be had for under $80 with the YIHI SX330-V4S chip. So, knowing that P4U makes a quality mod, the IPV4 is more attractive looking to me than an RDNA, has 60 more watts, and now has temp control for $120 less than the shark, is the DNA40 now a dinosaur? Is evolve going to get around to upping the ante?

vincom
04-16-2015, 09:40 AM
Me thinks evolv is done, quality control is out the window, temperamental board, specs are meh, they take too long to fix issues.

Love or hate the Chinese yihi is coming out w working temp control at a reasonable/lower cost than evolv.
I don't think it's even cloned from evolve as it works and performs much better than evolv
from reviews I've seen

silversmok
04-16-2015, 01:04 PM
People will still buy it unless the chinese version works flawlessly which it won't. I have the vaporshark and I had issues at the start but now it works every time I push that button

bcameron
04-16-2015, 03:23 PM
People will still buy it unless the chinese version works flawlessly which it won't. I have the vaporshark and I had issues at the start but now it works every time I push that button

Yihi makes quality boards. They surpassed Evolv a long time ago. Evolv has really dropped the ball. They are still putting out bad DNA40 chips and can't seem to get all the bugs out. I really like my VS rDNA as well but it has problems showing proper battery level. It almost always shows full when its not. Evolv's reputation has gone down the drain. I would buy a YiHi before an Evolv these days.

Jaytheredneck1
04-16-2015, 11:08 PM
Not only is Yihi doing well, but entire TC mods cost only a few dollars more than a bare evolve chip. I have an ipv2, so I already know that P4U makes a good mod, now they have a good looking one with TC and more than double the power of the strongest evolv has to offer. which a chip from the makers of the highest power mod chips out there. It would be nice to see Evolv live up to their name, but for now they are failing to... Evolve.

TJSlayer
04-20-2015, 08:18 PM
I had issues with my shark as well but sent it I. And they took care of it and now it works flawlessly so happy camper here, but Vaping is personal so get what you like and Vape on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

>