PDA

View Full Version : Kayfun lite plus airflow screw

Freeride
02-13-2015, 04:44 AM
Hey folks,

Disassembled my kayfun last night for a cleaning and lost the airflow adjustment screw.

Just wondering if anyone can suggest where i might be able to get a replacement, or if i can just run it without the screw (i tend to prefer an airier draw anyway).

I did find a vendor in the US that sell a kit with all screws, o-rings, etc for $2.50......but shipping is $30 for the cheapest option lol.

Thanks in advance.

wheelie
02-13-2015, 05:12 AM
[QUOTE=Freeride;138602]Hey folks,

Disassembled my kayfun last night for a cleaning and lost the airflow adjustment screw.

Just wondering if anyone can suggest where i might be able to get a replacement, or if i can just run it without the screw (i tend to prefer an airier draw anyway).

I did find a vendor in the US that sell a kit with all screws, o

Contact the vendor about the shipping. That would be a standard ship rate. Contact them and it will be lower to a couple dollars. I have yet had any vendor not lower it when asked.

Freeride
02-13-2015, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the reply Wheelie....i will shoot them an email.

Freeride
02-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Contact the vendor about the shipping. That would be a standard ship rate. Contact them and it will be lower to a couple dollars. I have yet had any vendor not lower it when asked.

No dice. Vendor was not willing to work with me on the shipping cost, and i am not willing to pay $30+ for a $2.50 item which can easily fit in an envelope.

I'm assuming i can still use the kfl+ without the airflow screw? I prefer an airier draw anyway, and generally had the screw backed out most of the way, so i figure it shouldn't be a problem...

bcameron
02-14-2015, 03:40 PM
No dice. Vendor was not willing to work with me on the shipping cost, and i am not willing to pay $30+ for a $2.50 item which can easily fit in an envelope.

I'm assuming i can still use the kfl+ without the airflow screw? I prefer an airier draw anyway, and generally had the screw backed out so i figure it shouldn't be a problem...
Yes you can. A lot of people do.

Freeride
02-15-2015, 03:17 PM
OK great, now if only I could get it to stop leaking out of the airflow hole..

It doesn't usually leak until it is left overnight...but in the morning it is pretty much guaranteed to leave juice all over my mod. I have tried various builds with no luck.

Any suggestions?

larktdl
02-15-2015, 05:08 PM
OK great, now if only I could get it to stop leaking out of the airflow hole..

It doesn't usually leak until it is left overnight...but in the morning it is pretty much guaranteed to leave juice all over my mod. I have tried various builds with no luck.

Any suggestions?

The most likely cause is the wick touching the deck

bcameron
02-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Inspect all the o-rings for damage or issues. Make sure you have all the o-rings especially the one in the top cap for the chimney. Sounds like you might not have a proper seal and therefore no vacuum.

18Wheels
02-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I use kayfuns without the air screw all the time, if you are leaking you either don't have enough wick or you have air getting in from the tank somewhere. Like someone already suggested check your o-rings or look for cracks.

Freeride
02-17-2015, 01:44 PM
The most likely cause is the wick touching the deck

I think you hit the nail on the head. I rebuilt it again yesterday and paid extra attention to the wick, making sure it did not touch the deck, and as of tonight, not a drop of liquid has leaked out.

Thanks larktdl! and thanks to everyone else that replied :)

Happy Vaping!

>