PDA

View Full Version : Any word on MVP 3.0?

JoeyRedShirt
01-26-2015, 04:57 AM
Since it now actually has a page on Innokin's website (here (http://innokin.com/index.php/en/product-listings-en/itaste-en/itaste-mvp-3-0/product)), I was curious if anyone (vendor or otherwise) has heard anything about pricing or availability yet. I've been waiting for this device to drop before making any final decisions about replacing my MVP 1.5.

vaperdentist
01-26-2015, 08:58 AM
I think the last they said on reddit was that they were making some minor changes after Phil and Dimitris' visit to their factory. And I believe they should price it just right to compete with the iSticks.

JoeyRedShirt
01-26-2015, 09:41 AM
That they're incorporating suggestions from those two kinda makes me even more excited about the MVP 3.0!

vaperdentist
01-26-2015, 11:31 AM
That they're incorporating suggestions from those two kinda makes me even more excited about the MVP 3.0!

Yeah, I've been following the updates closely. Hopefully this week we should see some updates.

radante
02-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Guys, the Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 Express Kit is already released in Canada! And it is awesome. New OLED display is gorgeous and the LED battery level colour indicator system is super handy. It has a flush 510 connection too! You can buy the iTaste MVP 3.0 right here. (https://vapevine.ca/buy/innokin-itaste-mvp-3-0-canada/)

VapeVine.ca
02-16-2015, 08:28 AM
Hi JoeyRedShirt. Yes, Radante is actually right. I am Jen, the owner of VapeVine.ca and we do have the iTaste MVP 3.0 now in stock. Have already sold a number of them. There is a very good video review / overview of the 3.0 on our product page. Check out the iTaste MVP 3.0 Review (https://vapevine.ca/buy/innokin-itaste-mvp-3-0-canada/) near the bottom of the page and maybe it will assist you in your decision. Hope that helps!

DWDawg
02-16-2015, 09:17 AM
I know innokin makes quality devices but $80 for 30 watts? More bang for your buck from segelei or istick imho.

WhimsicalGal
02-16-2015, 09:19 AM
Yeah bang for your buck might as well go with the iStick 50W for the price/wattage.

HabsFan
02-16-2015, 09:32 AM
I agree with the consensus on this one. Innokin definitely puts out good quality, but as far bang for your buck goes, I'd say the iStick 50 watt is the way to go.

JoeyRedShirt
02-16-2015, 09:46 AM
I know innokin makes quality devices but $80 for 30 watts? More bang for your buck from segelei or istick imho.

Honestly, that's not far off the price of the v2 when it first came out. Sure, you might get more "bang" from the other two, but I'd pay a bit more than an iStick for MVP build quality, and a bit more than a Sigelei for MVP battery life. Combine both of those points with having never really needed more than about 10W for a good vape, and I'm sold!

I'm all for a good buy, but the numbers after the dollar sign don't tell the whole story!

WhimsicalGal
02-16-2015, 10:14 AM
I'm all about functions and safety. The reason I use regulated mods is cause I don'tfeel comfortable enough with removable batteries and ohms law to venture there yet. The iStick sold me on their safety features. The fact that it can subohm and go up to 50W should I want to (I'm assuming I will sooner than later meddle into subohms) it's an option for me. The display is nice, the device is well liked and the reviews the past couple of weeks have done some great comparison. My go to place for trying new things is you tube. I watch dozens of videos and listen to all the pros and cons (I focus on cons) to consider what is important to me.

JoeyRedShirt
03-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Was just doing some price/availability searching and remember that there was a vendor who posted a link to the MVP 3.0 here, so I jumped on to double check that price...didn't realize there had been another post since my last one!

I actually picked up and handled an iStick a little while ago, and honestly, after using the MVP 1.5 for the last year, the iStick felt kinda cheap in comparison. While the size was smaller, I'm 6'5", so the MVP doesn't really feel all that big to me. It's got all the same safety features as any other regulated mod, so that point is kinda moot. And the MVP will also sub-ohm (which is not even a real selling point for me). The only argument for the iStick that holds any water with me personally is that it gives more watts for less money...but given that I will probably break the iStick long before I break the MVP, that argument also disintegrates pretty quick!

If the iStick checks all your boxes, then that's awesome! But it doesn't check all mine. I just wish people would stop trying to sell me on a device that I've already decided I'm not interested in. Different strokes for different folks!

Jaytheredneck1
03-06-2015, 05:52 PM
I have a 2.0 and a coolfire 2 and they are great for ego attys, but with that said, I haven't taken my ipv below 20w since I got it, and I probably wont. With tanks on I stay around 20-25 watts, but with a dripper I go between 35-50. I already know that when I pick up a higher airflow dripper I'm going to want more power already. The build quality of the mvp 2 was good, I've dropped it many times and it still functions well. But as I said they're really only good for egos and other nanocoil tanks, as soon as you get into rebuildable tanks, they're very much underpowered. I can see 30w being good for better tanks like the atlantis and subtank though, which is a step up, but as soon as you start tasting your juice you're going to find yourself riding that upper limit all the time. Once you start riding the upper limit, then you know you've outgrown the mod. I knew I outgrew the MVP 2 before I bought the 12.5w coolfire 2, but I only bought that because it looked cool and I got a steal on it. And since I hit the limit I had been looking at dnas and sx mods. Didn't even consider the istick anymore, not even when the 30 came out. Wouldn't waste my money on a dna 30 either. I wanted the temp control of the 40, but the wattage held me back. I'm very happy with the IPV2 right now, but I'll probably even move on from that eventually. I have no interest in 150w either, but if yihi figures out temp control or evolv goes above 50w, I'll be pulling the trigger.

If all you ever use is disposable coils, I say go with your heart, but if you even slightly interested in building your own at any point in the future, I suggest getting something in the same pricerange that will grow with you.

JoeyRedShirt
03-06-2015, 06:33 PM
When I first joined this forum, everybody was saying that the only satisfying vape was sub-ohming on a mech. Now everybody says that the only satisfying vape is over 30 watts. It kinda feels like everybody wants to tell me what I want in a vape...frankly, that's kinda stupid. I've been vaping for a few years now, I know what I want in a vape, and it isn't high wattage. If it was, I would have already been on the mech bandwagon, and I'm not.

I just don't understand why a thread asking about pricing and availability of a specific piece of hardware, that isn't an iStick, turned into a thread telling me that I need to buy an iStick. This sort of thing is largely why I took a break from WackedOut shortly after I bought my first MVP..and, if I'm being honest, it's probably going to drive me away again really soon.

Jaytheredneck1
03-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Like i said, if you're into low wattage stuff, then follow your heart. If you know that you're never going to want more, then pull the trigger.

wheelie
03-06-2015, 06:42 PM
I will not pay that kinda money for it. Love my MVP2's and was so looking forward to the 30. I am very disappointed. CHEERS!
https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MVPV3%2E0

CynicalVapsta
03-06-2015, 06:50 PM
my istick 50w doesnt feel cheap at all, i was wanting the mvp 3.0 but i got the istick instead better bang for the buck. im expecting innokin the annouce a 40 or 50w mvp with temp control since they are using evolv chips. if they do that and it looks like the current mvp3.0 ill buy one.

wheelie
03-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Isticks have a lot of problems. I have a few broken ones here that a store gave me. But for the price they are disposable. Just don't drop them I suppose.

Ry4life
03-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Say it isn't so ...about the isticks !!

bcameron
03-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Isticks have a lot of problems. I have a few broken ones here that a store gave me. But for the price they are disposable. Just don't drop them I suppose.

I like to know what problems. The iStick 20W had a lot of little issues from the 510 connector, non-adjustable centre pin to using mean instead of RMS. The iStick 30W and iStick 50W I have heard no issues. They put in stainless steal 510 threading, spring loaded centre pin and use RMS. My iStick 50W has been working fantastic with no issues. And with 2 18650's giving you 4400mah its lasts a loooong time. At around 15W I am getting about 4-5 days out of it. Pbrusardo has a fantastic review on it. And I am not hearing people having a lot of issues with them.

wheelie
03-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Broken buttons, charging port busted off, stripped threads.

Ry4life
03-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Honestly I've had no issues with my istick ..I've fired about four different tanks on it and other than it reading about.1 ohm higher it does everything it is designed to do . It handles my Goblin with a .5 build great . I have pushed it to the limits and it hasn't backed down . At 20 watts it last me 2.5 days without charging . I'm certainly not saying any other mod won't do this for you ..but at his price I mean it's hard to do better without putting something else great on the table .

CynicalVapsta
03-07-2015, 03:48 AM
Thr 30wand 50w isticks where greating improved over the 20w. Updated 510 connector. Buttkn rattle mixed. It cN downstep right. dont judge the istick on the 20w version xause those sucked. I droped mt 50w with my stm on it on concrtete teice so far. No issue do damage.

JoeyRedShirt
03-07-2015, 07:18 AM
I'm kinda starting to feel like the iStick is the new Vamo. More bang for your buck, and the ones that don't break are workhorses...but I've already got a Vamo. Never had a problem with it, and it's a workhorse, but I'm only using it daily because my MVP isn't holding a charge for a full day anymore.

My hardware is a little dated now, but my vape budget is only so big. I'd gladly replace my Vamo with an iStick, but my Vamo still works fine, and my MVP is on its last legs!

I like my setup. It does everything I need it to do...except last me a full weekend like it used to!

JoeyRedShirt
03-07-2015, 07:27 AM
Unlike a lot of other forum members, I didn't need the extra horsepower to get off the analogs. I was rocking my eGo for over a year before I even got into mods. Maybe that's why I'm satisfied at lower wattages. Either way, there's a huge variety of devices on the market these days because there's a huge variety of vapers these days.

CynicalVapsta
03-07-2015, 09:24 AM
O yea. Something for everyone.

projectjudi
04-05-2015, 08:01 PM
I agree with Joey. There does seem to be a bit of peer pressure in the vaping community. He did ask about a specific device.

wheelie
06-06-2015, 05:09 AM
I did end up buying the MVP3.0 30 watt and it is my daily vape now. Like it so much I gave away my four MVP2's. MVP3.0 is comfortable in my hand with a big display that I can actually read even without my glasses. Battery life is fantastic. Chain vape all day and still half the battery power left when I plug it in at night. It just screams quality in my opinion but time will tell. Wife likes the Istick's but I have never used mine as they are not for me. New 60 watt MVP out but I will like not buy one as I never go over 22.5 watts and even that is not very often. In time I may buy a second MVP3.0. CHEERS!

I do have or had many box mods to compare it to. Currently down sizing my collection. Have nothing but good things to say about my Sigelei 100 Plus also. :) :)

>