PDA

View Full Version : Wackedout Improvement Thread!

Nicklfire
01-20-2015, 11:17 AM
Hello community!

I created a thread a while ago asking for suggestions on improvements to the forum which was great input. I wanted to create another thread asking for help improving our community.

While i am only one man i do take the suggestions on how the forum should be run. While i do not always follow through with some suggestions i do listen to them all.

I would like to ask the community for further suggestions if you think there could be improvements in any area. While we do have a mod staff here they are not always able to help immediate so i think furthering the moderation members on the board would probably be helpful. They have done a wonderful job thus far but further help is always needed.

Please feel free to give me any suggestions for the board, feature suggestions, ways it could be run more effectively. Maybe the navigation could be changed to make it easier in certain ways.

If you have suggestions you want to private message me by all means please do so, you can even email me using the contact button at the bottom of the forum. While i am only one man and it does take me some time to go through everything i do care about this community greatly and this has been a thread i have been wanting to start for a while but just never got to it.

I don't have all the ideas and i know with a community of 4000 people there are ideas that i just have not heard yet or have not through of so please share and we will see what we can make happen.

Also if you feel you would be a good addition for the staff in any regards please let me know. I started a thread asking for help last month and we are now getting our youtube channel and i will be contacting the other people who were interested in the other posisions to improve content etc.

Lets keep this thread positive please so we can work together going in the correct direction.

Regards,

Shawn

projectjudi
01-29-2015, 09:58 PM
Shawn
My heart is totally with this group. Without this group I could of never lasted. People have been so great not only to me but to all of the forum members. I don't know what the answer is. Considering the numbers this group should just be hopping but there are only 20 - 30 of us that are regulars. I think a lot of the problem is that many have gone to Fb. I don't know the answer. I would do anything I can to help but just not sure what that is. I certainly appreciate this group you have started and work on Shawn. I think that getting the UTube going is a great start. I really hope others will give you some constructive feedback.
If we could be more active then more vendors would come on board...it would give you more $ to go towards the site...a win win situation..
Sorry I know nothing I have said helps....just trying to show some support

DWDawg
01-30-2015, 03:04 AM
I agree with everything projectjudi said above. I also agree a lot of people have migrated to their local FB Vape groups. Not a fb fan at all but have had to join again after quiting fb a few years ago, just to be able to keep up on the local vape scene. I was lucky enough to have found Wacked out a couple weeks after I started vaping and got a LOT of info from this site and will forever be grateful. Don't really know how we can improve, but just wanted to chime in and show my support.

projectjudi
01-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Maybe we can have a more updated new products thread. I know people review stuff on the forum but if we had a specific thread or subforum it might be helpful and I think both the group and some vendors would be on board. Maybe help review and answer questions about the new stuff?

ch2468
01-31-2015, 01:27 AM
Can we put the general chat section above all the vendors? Aside from the bugs, that's my only real gripe about WO. :p

projectjudi
01-31-2015, 09:14 AM
I would like the chat above as well but I really think that the vendors who pay to support this forum should be first. They get a better chance of business when we have to scroll down to whatever threads we are interested in. We need vendors support to keep this forum going and it's always interesting to me to see deals and new products available. You see what they post gets a lot of views. That is exactly what they are looking for and hopefully get some business.

Jetalito
02-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Don't know what the answer is, but I still love this forum. Don't say a lot, but certainly read everything posted. My go to, to find out what is going on. I hate facebook, but find it necessary, at times.

MadMeathead
02-02-2015, 08:56 AM
You can affiliate with my blog if you want. But you might not want to ;). My opinions, beliefs and language sometimes don't jive with the rest of the world.

And by sometimes I mean any day that ends with the letter "y"

KanadianKat
02-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Over the past several months a lot of conversations have migrated to facebook groups.

...and that's happened before. The forums get temporarily abandoned.

It just takes activity to migrate people back to the forums again. More information, more people posting, more buzz. ...People always go where the loudest party is taking place. I think right now it's a matter of getting people talking again. posters posting.

I'd like to see the blog articles on WO more accessible. There's some good stuff there.

And more customer reviews on basic equipment - and more tolerance for those who have questions on basics. Since most people are using the basics.

....:)

MadMeathead
02-02-2015, 02:54 PM
True. The only time I see facebook is when I swipe my wifes iPad to check ECTA... don't even have an account.

Clouded Head
02-02-2015, 04:59 PM
It's disappointing to see a number of vendors who used to be active here now but seem to be only on Facebook. Some of the streams there drive me nuts. Wacked Out has always had focus and purpose whereas Facebook seems to have the attention span of a puppy.
I learned most of what i know about vaping from Wacked Out - hard to imagine doing that on Facebook.

demon1102
02-02-2015, 05:08 PM
How to encourage 'people talking again. posters posting'? :noidea:

Blind Vaper
02-08-2015, 04:56 PM
As a vaping n00b, I did a search on Canada vape forums, and Wacked Out came up first, so you're doing something right. There are still those of us out there who don't "do" Facebook, and likely never will. Some will use FB but others will find a quick web search will often gain better results. Since the days of the local BBS, there have always been contributors and lurkers. That's just the nature of public forums in general. Those who are enthusiastic about the forum's theme or individual topics and have the time to devote to being active forum members will be far-outnumbered by those who come here seeking information, and then move on to the next topic of interest.

This makes it difficult to attract vendors and monetize the site, which is why most forums are started out of passion for the topic, and if they bring an extra few bucks here and there through donations, clickthroughs and vendor sponsorship, it helps pay the bills :).

>