PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 50W mod (HELP)

compile
11-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Hey everyone,

I need to start posting more here as I love this forum (long time lurker).

I currently have a Hana Mod clone, but I'm looking for a bit more power and a more energy efficient board. I don't know exactly what I want as there are a couple of great options which I'll list below in particular order:

Vaporshark DNA/rDNA
IPV2/S
Sigelei 50W
Ace50
Cloupour T8/T6

I'm looking to spend roughly $70-120 (I know the VS DNA is more but willing to pay for it).
I'm not sure exactly what I want. I like the features of the SX boards, and I don't think i'll need more then 50W EVER. I just need some opinions with the ones I've listed.
I appreciate in advanced any help.

mudferret
11-20-2014, 09:17 AM
The Ace50 doesn't detect shorted coils properly from what I've read.

The Cloupor T6 doesn't actually fire at 100W based on some tests I've seen. That raises questions about its accuracy everywhere else as well. Cloupor's failure rate on their Hana clone, and the T5 raises more questions about them.

I have an rDNA30, it's become my daily carry, seldom touch my mechs anymore. Would buy again, and likely will to have another in the rotation.

bcameron
11-20-2014, 09:26 AM
I have on order the VS rDNA 40D. 40W and has the new temp control which I am very interested in trying. I say go for that. They have a good track record.

I did a bunch of research before I bought my box mod. I researched the Sigelei 100, IPV3 150, IPV2 50 and the IPV2/S. I finally decided on the IPV2 with 50 watts.
Reasons are that I really don't need 100+ watts of power since I'm not competing with anybody nor having to swing my dick to prove I'm better than you. I don't want to hassle with married batteries since I know for a fact I will mix them up, so that cuts out all dual battery boxes for me. I didn't want the IPV2/S since I don't want to connect to my computer after a evic head I had died using the software (forgot the name of the software) so I'm afraid of screwing up the mod or worse...my comp.
I coughed up 80 bucks for the IPV2 in eBay (heavily researched sellers) and been real happy with it vaping at @30 watts with my magma but still hovering under 20 watts for most of my regular kayfun builds and 12-15 watts for my protank builds. The only con I have about my IPV is that I tried to replace the itty bitty box screws with magnets but couldn't get the threading out of the box thus scaring and bending the screw a bit...OWell.
I used to like Sigelei for its heavy, solid feeling mechs/mods but my Zmax hasn't crapped out but the build quality of its electronics is always in question, its crappy fire button always puts the mod into menu mode so I'm not too thrilled to fork out large coin for any Sigelei product.
I also don't want any box mod that has a built in battery cause that right away puts a lifespan on the mod so you have to toss the whole unit instead of just the battery.
Last but not least if I see any particular electronic mod in fasttech or similar Chinese cheapo site then there is no frikken way that I'm going to buy it from any vendor unless its the company that makes them for the good ol' bait and switch bullshit I read about.

Im a Monster
11-23-2014, 12:38 PM
economy ecigs has the IPV2s, there is a 70 or 75 watt upgrade available.

HEY I vape
11-23-2014, 04:53 PM
ZNA 50 Watt Mod - The Village Vaporette (http://www.thevillagevaporette.com/zna-50-watt-mod/)

LOVE this

Libel
01-16-2015, 08:58 AM
If you are looking for a mini apv, I would recommend the Smok Mini 50. I am very happy with it and it costed me $48. Worth a look.

vaperdentist
01-16-2015, 10:36 AM
I have the Vaporshark rDNA40 and love it! Using that with subtank and atlantis exclusively. It's simply amazing!

johnspack
01-23-2015, 12:33 PM
I've got a Smok M50 mini coming, not sure about it, but I'll post my findings on it when I get it! Already have the Sigelei 100w, but with my Fogger Big on it, it's huge, so I wanted something with 50 watts and small to pack around....

the dirty sanchez
01-23-2015, 07:40 PM
The hotcig zero 50w from lemuri vapes is awesome if you like box mods....

>