PDA

View Full Version : Least like rebuildable tank to leak

boram
11-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Hi all,
I know this question been asked a few times and I read a few older posts on it.. just hoping to see if some of the new versions are better. From your experience, what rebuildable is least likely to leak?... I have an orchid and orchid 4 and both are a nightmare in leaking.. (both are clones though)... any luck with others? Thanks

wheelie
11-18-2014, 01:49 PM
I have 6- Kayfun clones and 4- Rockets and they never leak. My 4- Protank2's with air valves in which I call rebuildables never leak either. Would recommend any of them. I have about six other rebuildable tanks and all is well. Usually a steep learning curve with all new tanks to learn to coil, wick and fill them right. The only tank I could never figure out was 2- Kayfun Mini's from FastTech so I through them in the garbage because of leaking and dry hits. CHEERS!

bcameron
11-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Whether clones or not if you have a leaking atty 95% of the time its do to two things. Its usually either your build, the wicking in particular or it the seals on the tank. How you wick on a particular tank, all tanks are different for the most part, has a great impact if you leak. If your o-rings are slightly damaged or you are missing one could cause no vacuum in the tank and it will leak. I can name you a bunch of different atty's but they will all leak if not wicked properly or the tank not sealed properly. But here goes:

Kayfun - everybody should have at least one
Taifun GT
Taifun GS
Kayfun mini
SquapeR - the easiest to build on. Ridiculously easy and a great atty to boot.
Erlkonigen

I could probably go on and on.

randomname
11-18-2014, 05:57 PM
screw leaks, get a squonk box. If i can't carry a genny i carry a squonker.

drtongue96
11-19-2014, 07:54 AM
Eleaf Lemo is a good choice, and very inexpensive

johnspack
11-19-2014, 09:16 AM
If you're willing to learn a bit, took me several days, the Fogger 4.1(4.4) will not leak at all. Use the Kayfun style on it, perfect vacuum and seal everytime. Not a beginners rebuildable I found out the hard way, but if you stick with it, it's really worth it. If you're not inexperienced like I was, you should get it right away.

>